Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 126. (Read 5805527 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
How high can these usb antminers go without going pop. The antminer guide shows 500 at 4GH. I've got them under a fan, can I really hit that or is that dead mans territory. How high can antminers be safely pushed. They don't have block eroupters bright green light to ward me of trouble.
Heat's usually not the limiting factor. Without a hardware voltage mod you're unlikely to get them to 300 even.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
How high can these usb antminers go without going pop. The antminer guide shows 500 at 4GH. I've got them under a fan, can I really hit that or is that dead mans territory. How high can antminers be safely pushed. They don't have block eroupters bright green light to ward me of trouble.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
So I recently tried updating cgminer on two of my windows machines from 3.12.0 to 3.12.3 that are connected to multiple hashfast babyjets, and whenever I try running 3.12.3 cgminer just crashes on startup, yet 3.12.0 works...

I strongly advise people wait till they have new firmware as the new cgminer code is optimised around it and vice versa.

Sorry keeping up with everything is hard sometimes.

When's the new firmware being released?
That's okay. Firmware release is out of my domain and up to HF so no idea but hopefully very soon.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
So I recently tried updating cgminer on two of my windows machines from 3.12.0 to 3.12.3 that are connected to multiple hashfast babyjets, and whenever I try running 3.12.3 cgminer just crashes on startup, yet 3.12.0 works...

I strongly advise people wait till they have new firmware as the new cgminer code is optimised around it and vice versa.

Sorry keeping up with everything is hard sometimes.

When's the new firmware being released?
Activity: 591
Right, so what do lsusb and ./cgminer -n say?
(Also note that the USB port on the RPi is far from the same as a USB port on most desktops)
lsusb:
Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6014 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 1a40:0201 Terminus Technology Inc. FE 2.1 7-port Hub
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light
Bus 001 Device 012: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light
Bus 001 Device 014: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light

cgminer -n:
Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~/Desktop/cgminer $ ./cgminer -n --anu-freq 250
 [2014-02-09 13:13:08] USB all: found 9 devices - listing known devices
.USB dev 0: Bus 1 Device 14 ID: 10c4:ea60
  Manufacturer: 'Silicon Labs'
  Product: 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller'
.USB dev 1: Bus 1 Device 13 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 2: Bus 1 Device 12 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 3: Bus 1 Device 11 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 4: Bus 1 Device 4 ID: 0403:6014
  Manufacturer: 'Butterfly Labs'
  Product: 'BitFORCE SHA256 SC'                   
 [2014-02-09 13:13:08] 5 known USB devices
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
my bi*fury will some times stay at 3 gh/s and sometimes 5 gh/s(As its advertised to) in cgminer. Is this a bug? firmware is updated
Activity: 60
Can't compile under BAMT 1.2

(wget https://github.com/Eropi4/cgminer_keccak/archive/master.zip)
autogen, configure, make
ADL_lib added from previous cgminer 3.7.2

checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking for windres... no
checking for inline... inline
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking operating system... Linux
checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... yes
./configure: line 11043: -pthread: command not found
checking libudev.h usability... no
checking libudev.h presence... no
checking for libudev.h... no
configure: error: "udev support requested but libudev not installed"
configure: error: ./configure failed for compat/libusb-1.0

I tried to Google for 2h, compile with a lot of compile parameters, lib include etc etc etc, but no succes.

Any guide where I can found keccak compiled version (bamt/debian), or how to fix this? Thx
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Updated my Pi to 3.12.3 and it's not recognizing my U1s. My Jalapeño is still mining fine on the same USB hub, but the U1s are just giving me green lights every few seconds at the same time. They're not showing up in cgminer at all. Switched 'em back to my desktop and they're mining nicely, even at 275MHz.
Will most likely require a powered USB3 hub.
(when things don't show up it is usually not enough power to them)
 lsusb
and
 ./cgminer -n
Will list everything connected that it could possibly hotplug
I'm using the same hub in both locations. It's a Plugables USB 2.0 hub with a 3 amp power supply.
Right, so what do lsusb and ./cgminer -n say?
(Also note that the USB port on the RPi is far from the same as a USB port on most desktops)
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Below the freq. table there is some additional information how to 'build your own' freq. hex values. Played around with the formular and found these values. Can confirm the additional mentioned 0801, 0901 and 0A01 working fine with Bitmain's cgminer fork, at least on my Antminers. Would be a pleasure testing a modified version (on a rpi or Windows PC) and reporting back. Smiley
Thanks I didn't know that. I meant for you to modify it and report back lol, but I will eventually get around to adding some more frequencies.
I'm sorry, got this wrong. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I would like to modify the freq. table and code (guess some slight code changes will be required as the 0x81 seems to be hard coded) but have zero experience with the magic C. So would be great if a magician could pass by and apply some magic, was just a thought. Thank you for concidering some additional freq. values. Smiley
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Can some one go on teamviewer and help me set up GPU mining

Well, you'll want to post in a different thread, because cgminer doesn't GPU any more.  Check the Alternative Currencies forum.
Activity: 2
Can some one go on teamviewer and help me set up GPU mining
Updated my Pi to 3.12.3 and it's not recognizing my U1s. My Jalapeño is still mining fine on the same USB hub, but the U1s are just giving me green lights every few seconds at the same time. They're not showing up in cgminer at all. Switched 'em back to my desktop and they're mining nicely, even at 275MHz.
 lsusb
and
 ./cgminer -n
I'm using the same hub in both locations. It's a Plugables USB 2.0 hub with a 3 amp power supply.
Activity: 2
Hi Smiley
Can i use BitBurner(BTC) and video cards(LTC) together?
Best regards.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
 lsusb
and
 ./cgminer -n
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Information from ASIC-README:
--anu-freq    Set AntminerU1 frequency in hex, range 150-500 (default: 200)

This is not correct. Your parameter Frequency is in MHz.
Frequency in hex for 200 MHz is 0x0781 and AntMinerU1 has hash rate 1600 MHash/s at that frequency...

Could be a table with frequencies added to the ASIC-README?

Yes that's a typo, it's meant to be MHz and I accidentally wrote hex. Why do you need a table when it's a single meaningful value in MHz ? The whole point was to move away from the needlessly complex configuration involving hex values and just type in a value that means something.

Below the freq. table there is some additional information how to 'build your own' freq. hex values. Played around with the formular and found these values. Can confirm the additional mentioned 0801, 0901 and 0A01 working fine with Bitmain's cgminer fork, at least on my Antminers. Would be a pleasure testing a modified version (on a rpi or Windows PC) and reporting back. Smiley
Thanks I didn't know that. I meant for you to modify it and report back lol, but I will eventually get around to adding some more frequencies.
PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
First of all, thanks a bunch for the Antminer U1 support. Smiley

3.12.3 running stable for two hours on my rpi. So far so good.

Just a thought, would be nice to have 12.5 MHz increments, allowing more specific fine tuning with +/- 100 GHash/s steps. Guess it's not that difficult implementing those values into the freq. table?

freq_hex freq_mhz ghash_s
0781   200.0   1.600
0801   212.5   1.700
0881   225.0   1.800
0901   237.5   1.900
0981   250.0   2.000
0A01   262.5   2.100
0A81   275.0   2.200

etc.
The documentation specifies only certain numbers, have you seen anywhere the values you mention? It's easy to hack the code if you wish to try them and report back Wink

That is COOL! It means that "HEX frequency" 0x1305 configures AntMinerU1 clock to run at 243.75 MHz and hash rate is about 1950 MHash/s! Tested with bfgminer that works with HEX frequency...

AntMiner clock can be tuned in 0.12 MHz steps, hashrate increased by 25 MHash/s.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Upgraded to 3.12.3, and seems to be running fine now.
Jump to: