Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 132. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Lets be honest. bfgminer wasn't mining on anything in the early days of FPGA's. It didn't exist.
Yes it did, it was released under the name "cgminer", in collaboration with Con/Kano's GPU miner.
By releasing cgminer with your code it doesn't change the fact bfgminer was not in existence as bfgminer. Cgminer existed but bfgminer wasn't a thing yet. Let me give an example to provide some illuminated cognition. There was a car made by Pontiac called the LeMans. It existed for a few years before its more famous option package was available. Now did the parts of the GTO exists in a GM catalogue? Most of them. Does that mean anyone owned a 60 GTO? No. The product in question didn't exist as such until it did. It doesn't matter that something like it existed. What I am saying is that until you released your miner that your miner by its name and only cgminer pulls and teams work existed. You have added people since and that's great. That doesn't change the fact that only one miner was released.

After BFL singles support and some Icarus related windows issues you went your own way.
No, after ASICs were announced, Con/Kano went their own way because they were upset.
no the split happened when ztex boards released the Y version. Cgminer supported it bfgminer either did or was working on it. Now april of 2012 wasn't when ASICs started. They where announced before July of 2012. I am pretty sure it was in June. Even then it isn't like everything was done with FPGA's.
Now maybe you wrote a lot of code in cgminer I personally don't know. The commits would know. That having been said you hadn't re-written the entire code base just for FPGA's. You made use of everything cgminer did for GPU's and potentially added on some interfacing code to allow non GPU devices.
No, cgminer had been very tied around GPU code, and had entirely independent code for CPUs.
It took some pretty big changes to make it into a modular/driver based model.
I am not saying it didn't. What I was saying is that based on commits at the time you didn't single handedly change it.

Now that doesn't mean big freaking deal miner existed. It means cgminer supported the items that where supported up until you left by whatever developer maintained the devices. The fact that your software pulled 2.3.4 to start means 2.3.3 and before versions of cgminer worked just fine without bfgminer existing.
You have an awfully centralised way of looking at things. Just because early versions of BFGMiner were released in this thread, thanks to my efforts to try to collaborate rather than release independently at the start, somehow means in your mind that everything only "counts" toward Con/Kano's sole credit after they decide to split off?

Not centralized way of looking at anything (ignoring your typo). There was a project named cgminer. It existed yours as bfgminer didn't. Now did some code live in cgminer that you created sure. I never argued against that. But you didn't have bfgminer released until far later. The credit as such goes not to just you but the whole team that worked on cgminer at the time. Yes con and kano and lJr get credit in my mind. That being said the split off is where bfgminer started. Sorry if I forgot anyone who did provide code I don't mean to leave you out of credit. Just trying to make a point.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
Dear Viceroy,
Good day to you and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch.

WOW, that was insightful, thanks for the contribution!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
You have an awfully centralised way of looking at things. Just because early versions of BFGMiner were released in this thread, thanks to my efforts to try to collaborate rather than release independently at the start, somehow means in your mind that everything only "counts" toward Con/Kano's sole credit after they decide to split off?

It is amazing to me that after all this time you continually try to lie to convince everyone. Perhaps you are lying over and over so that some day you might convince yourself that you actually matter.

You don't. You are a troll. You are an insignificant little man who only gains attention by riding the coattails of people who have actually done something. I feel sorry that this, most likely, is the only thing you have in your life to bring you joy.

The fact that you must continually insert yourself into places where you clearly don't belong and are not wanted only serves to prove just how pathetic you really are.

I pity you.
Activity: 490
Hi folks

Just wondering if I can run 2 different USB ASICs (Antminer + Block Erupter) on same Win 7 PC using CGMiner ?

Yes you can.

Well I guess that does answer my question in a minimalist sort of way Smiley
I found a post elsewhere saying CGMiner tries to use all attached devices by default, but it's not working for me.

Given the few cent per day, don't think it's worth bothering about so wil just continue running the Ant alone

Thx

Every little bit helps.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Lets be honest. bfgminer wasn't mining on anything in the early days of FPGA's. It didn't exist.
Yes it did, it was released under the name "cgminer", in collaboration with Con/Kano's GPU miner.

After BFL singles support and some Icarus related windows issues you went your own way.
No, after ASICs were announced, Con/Kano went their own way because they were upset.

Now maybe you wrote a lot of code in cgminer I personally don't know. The commits would know. That having been said you hadn't re-written the entire code base just for FPGA's. You made use of everything cgminer did for GPU's and potentially added on some interfacing code to allow non GPU devices.
No, cgminer had been very tied around GPU code, and had entirely independent code for CPUs.
It took some pretty big changes to make it into a modular/driver based model.

Now that doesn't mean big freaking deal miner existed. It means cgminer supported the items that where supported up until you left by whatever developer maintained the devices. The fact that your software pulled 2.3.4 to start means 2.3.3 and before versions of cgminer worked just fine without bfgminer existing.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hi folks

Just wondering if I can run 2 different USB ASICs (Antminer + Block Erupter) on same Win 7 PC using CGMiner ?

Yes you can.

Well I guess that does answer my question in a minimalist sort of way Smiley
I found a post elsewhere saying CGMiner tries to use all attached devices by default, but it's not working for me.

Given the few cent per day, don't think it's worth bothering about so wil just continue running the Ant alone

Thx
Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
Hi folks

Yes you can.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hi folks

Any instructions on how to get Dualminer to work under Linux? I'm only interested in doing Scrypt with it.
Slightly off-topic here, but you could get BFGMiner support if they send nwoolls a sample one.
Dude, you are pathetic. Get out of the cgminer thread and promote your stolen software elsewhere.
You have it backward.
So you're saying kano and ckolivas stole software from you?
Legally speaking, they haven't stripped my copyrights and are abiding by the terms I licensed my code under.
Practically speaking, they seem to be doing what they can to convince newbies that cgminer is the "original" and BFGMiner a "clone", when in reality I originally wrote the code basis for FPGA/ASIC mining*.
On the other hand, I make it very clear in BFGMiner's documentation who has contributed, and to what degree.

* cgminer has since moved on to rewrite most of this code, but the reality remains that it was second to the game, after BFGMiner.

You remind me of a real doctor I know of. A patient comes in with a skyrocketing white count, very low (hospitalization required) platelet count, coughing up blood, dizzy, and a few other issues it seems better not to post. All of the symptoms pointed to a certain C word. The doctor sends the patient home blaming mono and states if you where 50 and smoked we would worry about cancer. Within a week patient was diagnosed with leukemia and wasn't terribly happy with the generally malpractice worthy doctoring.

The reason you remind me of said doctor is you are sure that you are right, all knowing and to be trusted beyond reason.

Lets be honest. bfgminer wasn't mining on anything in the early days of FPGA's. It didn't exist. After BFL singles support and some Icarus related windows issues you went your own way. Now maybe you wrote a lot of code in cgminer I personally don't know. The commits would know. That having been said you hadn't re-written the entire code base just for FPGA's. You made use of everything cgminer did for GPU's and potentially added on some interfacing code to allow non GPU devices. Now that doesn't mean big freaking deal miner existed. It means cgminer supported the items that where supported up until you left by whatever developer maintained the devices. The fact that your software pulled 2.3.4 to start means 2.3.3 and before versions of cgminer worked just fine without bfgminer existing. Current version also works great (imho) without your meddling. You have a thread use it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
By the way, there are still relics from Scrypt/GPU support here, you may want to update Wink
legendary
Any instructions on how to get Dualminer to work under Linux? I'm only interested in doing Scrypt with it.
Slightly off-topic here, but you could get BFGMiner support if they send nwoolls a sample one.
Dude, you are pathetic. Get out of the cgminer thread and promote your stolen software elsewhere.
You have it backward.
Legally speaking, they haven't stripped my copyrights and are abiding by the terms I licensed my code under.
Practically speaking, they seem to be doing what they can to convince newbies that cgminer is the "original" and BFGMiner a "clone", when in reality I originally wrote the code basis for FPGA/ASIC mining*.
On the other hand, I make it very clear in BFGMiner's documentation who has contributed, and to what degree.

* cgminer has since moved on to rewrite most of this code, but the reality remains that it was second to the game, after BFGMiner.

You have it backward.

Naw what he is saying is that he as part of a group made some code contributions. Some code was his some was other peoples. The result was cgminer running fpgas.  He Seems sure that as a good team player its now all his......

Ignoring several code rewrites including direct usb rather then serial etc. Anyways he feels entitled too all the glory for the whole project.

Seriously though he's going to gloat about a feature I have personally used for more then a year on cgminer being on his fork at the next release. Wow talk about being ahead of the pack. Or was it behind the times......
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hey regardless what end result program I use  I'm asking if in a future update this program can have the ability to have load balance as a percent and not as shares. I'm just thinking I may be hindering my mining abilities more by trying to calculate on my own how many shares I should allocate to a specific coin.

Thanks
Did you check quotas on load-balance ?
Hey regardless what end result program I use  I'm asking if in a future update this program can have the ability to have load balance as a percent and not as shares. I'm just thinking I may be hindering my mining abilities more by trying to calculate on my own how many shares I should allocate to a specific coin.

Thanks
If you want a % its really easy. Say you want a 45% and 55% split. Just use either 9 and 11 or 45 and 55.... 9 and 11 is just least common multiple I could see quickly. Any % is easy to do. Just use the whole numbers or if you want a decimal I suppose you could use 3 digits but there may be a lot of time between shares going to a different pool.

This statement is mine and was not suggested by any developer. Still it should work beautifully.
legendary

You have it backward.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

You wouldn't want me to write a driver for them for it would only do the bitcoin mining part.
Activity: 546

Thanks
Jump to: