Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 135. (Read 5805527 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Well it seems like he is a liar then.
Only because you're listening to a real liar.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
My post Luke-Jr didn't want anyone to read in his thread so he deleted it Smiley

He can't delete it from here.
There's an interesting pedegree: cpuminer -> cgminer (GPU) -> BFGMiner (formerly released under the name cgminer) -> cgminer.
i.e. he's arguing that when he was on the cgminer team committing code to cgminer, he was a traitor and actually working on something else Smiley

Much code comes from cgminer to the clone all the time.
(The recent Klondike driver was all of my and BKKCoin's code copied directly from cgminer, but with replacement of our calls to our cgminer front end to libusb called usbutils, to direct calls to libusb, so his driver will be problematic on some systems due to all sorts of problems in libusb)

Almost none has flowed from the clone to cgminer for a long time ... since the MMQ driver long ago that didn't work. even though he was paid for that to be included, but he didn't commit to cgminer all the changes necessary to make it work.

11-June-2013
Code:
14:58  I put everything you guys do in by default, unless I have a good reason not to.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
You wouldn't want me to write a driver for them for it would only do the bitcoin mining part.

Is there a legitimate reason you've abandoned all the people who supported you from day one with your silly notion to stop supporting scrypt and GPUs?

Now I need to use Luke's software?

You really let me down.  Why don't you support the community anymore?  Did Theymos pay you off?
Dropping GPU support was well documented in this thread and even given about a years warning.

Is there a legitimate reason why you can't read?

Activity: 924
Merit: 501
Who wants to fork this and reinstitute scrypt and GPU support?
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
You wouldn't want me to write a driver for them for it would only do the bitcoin mining part.

Is there a legitimate reason you've abandoned all the people who supported you from day one with your silly notion to stop supporting scrypt and GPUs?

Now I need to use Luke's software?

You really let me down.  Why don't you support the community anymore?  Did Theymos pay you off?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Well hopefully if it  comes down to an "I hate  alt coin" standpoint  on making a driver that you offer a good donation amount to make them work you could get a good collection going on something like kickstarter. I still want to get a good error pic for you before I start asking for special requests  and finish my random crash party Roll Eyes .

Edit::
Hot off the pc and a link to the rest  http://tinypic.com/a/34dw3/1
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
Check the list of enabable's they are under icarus but they shown as "ANU" devices so maybe they is an enable-antminer to get them to work

Hello,

yes the ICARUS is Enable, and the miners shows at ANU but the Hashing speed is about 600 MH/s?

greets
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Unofficial Mac binaries have been updated for v3.12.0 and are available here.

These are precompiled universal binaries that support Mac OS X 10.5.8 through 10.9+.
Thanks for that. I take it that means the new libusb included compiled ok on osx without a problem then which I was worried about.

Why did you stop supporting GPU mining? I mean isn't that most of the miners? Those who bought thousands in ASIC hardware now have nothing to mine with it profitably except maybe CTM? While that is happening scrypt mining is very profitable.

I think if ASIC for scrypt comes out, another version of coins will fork off that will be GPU only similar to what LTC started.

Ckolivas , any chances that gridseed solution will be supported by cgminer ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gridseed-gc3355-hybrid-scryptsha256-asic-355268

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lightningasic-la100m100mhs-scrypt-miner-usd1999-la1ths-usd1750shipped-out-421921

thanks
ckolivias, have you had any luck finding a problem from what I've given you. I've had my cgminer in debug mode with 80 lines shown with nothing helpfull to me other than knowing that when I start seeing a pool saying got a new block from pool about 8-10 times cgminer "dies" and brings everything else down with it.

The only other thing I'm seeing in verbatim is a was looking for x device and found this instead.

I'm going to hope it crashes while I have verbatim on so I can get some kind of error [I hope] ,but like being at a doctors office it hasn't crashed in verbatum mode yet ,but when it does it just doesn't.

Thanks
Check the list of enabable's they are under icarus but they shown as "ANU" devices so maybe they is an enable-antminer to get them to work
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
New version: 3.12.0, 29th January 2014

- Another even number, so it's gotta be stable!

Human readable changelog:

- Antminer U1 support
- Numerous fixes for behaviour surrounding USB errors - pipe and IO errors, and no more attempting to reset the device since it's rarely helpful and occasionally harmful.
- Libusb and libusbx have finally reconciled their differences and merged all their fixes together into a new official libusb release, so the main change in this version is updating the core code to include this latest libusb. Hopefully this might increase compatibility with some USB3 hubs on windows and make it more reliable (based on the changelogs I can see in libusb). This is the reason for the minor version number update to 12 as it's quite a substantial code change, hopefully only for the better!
- Increased the hashfast overheat limit default to 90 after extensive discussions with the engineers who designed the devices.
- Fixed a crash in the nanofury USB stick code.
- Fixed the displayed diff shown being wrong when solo mining.
- bab driver fixes courtesy of Kano.

Full changelog:

- Add support for AntminerU1 devices with the icarus driver.
- Add antminer U1 to comment in udev rules.
- Do away with usb resets entirely since we retry on both pipe and io errors now
and they're of dubious value.
- Retry on usb IO errors instead of faking success.
- Check that we've cleared the pipe error after a clear request, not the err
value which is unchanged.
- Update to libusb-1.0.18
- Change hfa overheat limit to 90 degrees.
- Relax timeout in hf get header to 500ms to match the usb timeout.
- Minion - check/clear interrupts for all chips
- Set info work to null after it is freed in nf1 after a restart to prevent
double free later.
- The second_run bool in libbitfury should be per device. Microoptimise its and
job_switched usage, removing the unused results array for NF1 devices.
- Fix displayed diff when solo mining at >2^32 diff.
- bab - stop stale work accumulating
- bab - set the default SPI speed back to 96000

Good day,

I have follow problems with the Antminer and the new CgMiner! The run only at ~600 MH/s??

I install ICARUS:

Code:
./configure --enable-icarus

make

Then i start:

Code:
screen -S mine
cd /usr/src/cgminer
./cgminer -c /home/pi/cgminer.conf --quiet  --usb :10

I hope you can help me?

greets
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
So how do I set a non default clock rate for an Antminer U1 with Cgminer? For example overclocking from 0781 to 0A81? in Bfgminer I would use this:
bfgminer -o http://your.stratum.server:port/ -u worker.name -p password -S antminer:all --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --set-device antiminer:clock=x0781 --no-submit-stale

In AntMain's version of Cgminer they use this:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://your.stratum.server:port/ -u worker.name -p password --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0781 --no-submit-stale

How do I set a clock rate with Cgminer 3.12.0?

Yes I am aware of the capabilities of Icarus. Is there a way to set the clock? Something undocumented? For example:

--set-device antiminer:clock=x0781

and

--bmsc-freq 0781

If not, will this feature be available in a future release?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Were binaries removed for space reasons from your ftp, ckolivas? Noobs are going to flip.
I would assume it's because of the hundreds of downloads for the 3.7.2 version, taking up his bandwidth for an older version of the software that is no longer supported.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Unofficial Mac binaries have been updated for v3.12.0 and are available here.

These are precompiled universal binaries that support Mac OS X 10.5.8 through 10.9+.
Thanks for that. I take it that means the new libusb included compiled ok on osx without a problem then which I was worried about.

Why did you stop supporting GPU mining? I mean isn't that most of the miners? Those who bought thousands in ASIC hardware now have nothing to mine with it profitably except maybe CTM? While that is happening scrypt mining is very profitable.

I think if ASIC for scrypt comes out, another version of coins will fork off that will be GPU only similar to what LTC started.
I can almost assume if someone has a reason to use scrypt that the product will have a link to what file to use. That's how I found the howto files for the antminers or at least the ones that use them.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Were binaries removed for space reasons from your ftp, ckolivas? Noobs are going to flip.
Yeah you're right I'm looking for the 7.2 version

Are you from the future?

Sigh  Undecided... Smack smack
Jump to: