Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 139. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
There wasn't any specifics in the windows compile guide of any special tweaks needed but I know that miniGW installed them with the basic install and that they are there. I have no idea other than that.
Post the relevant error messages then it may become clearer.

This is all the stuff I have on my problem in this post in this link including the frustrating banter. I don't think I did anything funny other than installing minGW though I had to fight my way through it to get to the "make" due to some non specifics like pthreads that didn't work by default and some versions used.
http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=273.0

I can bet you, ckOlivias, built your own winsock files a while back and forgot about it  Cheesy Grin thats why I'm having greif  Tongue.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
I have problem with the last version of cgminer. When i start it and after a while some of my usb goes zombie or get off from programme. The previous version works without any problem and i run it for days only some rare crashes.
My usb is some icarus and some bitfury (bifury, nanofury, redfury)
For those that want to run antminers this fork version of cgminer works fine

https://github.com/fractalbc/cgminer
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Turns out that 3.10.0 is crashing on the nanofury after a random period of time. Even on a separate linux box with nothing else connected.
I finally was able to reproduce this bug with nanofury usb sticks and have debugged it. The fix for this crash is now in git master and I suggest all users with these devices upgrade. Given the prevalence of these devices, I've also uploaded updated windows binaries denoted 3.11.0-1 with the bugfix.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
@BUchi-88
Thx for answers

legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
Hello.
sorry for my bad english.

i've installed cgminer 3.11.0 and run ok, but now antminer (icarus) need theese setting:
#cgminer --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --icarus-timing short=90  (about 3,330 gh/s)

with cgminer 3.10 run with theese setting:
#cgminer --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing short=90  (about 3,180 gh/s)
where wrong ??
3.11 with --icarus-options 115200:1:1   run to low! about 500mh/s

i've arch linux

thx to all
Takel

Hello Takel the Antminer run on the Original CgMiner only slow at 1,6 GH/s with "--icarus-timing long" it need a little bit time, to rund at Full speed 1,6 GH/s

At example by me the run:

Code:
cgminer -c /home/pi/cgminer.conf --icarus-timing long --quiet  --usb :5

greets

Edit: Or you use unofficial Cgminer, but there i very unstable:

Code:
http://sven-goessling.de/05/01/2014/antminer-auf-dem-raspberry-pi-04-01-14/

@cholivas

I hope this post is OK for you?
Ok sorry for the questions
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hello.

i've installed cgminer 3.11.0 and run ok, but now antminer (icarus) need theese setting:
#cgminer --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --icarus-timing short=90  (about 3,330 gh/s)

#cgminer --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing short=90  (about 3,180 gh/s)
where wrong ??
3.11 with --icarus-options 115200:1:1   run to low! about 500mh/s

i've arch linux

thx to all
Takel
There is no support for antminer U1 with cgminer yet, only with unofficial forks.
Hello.

#cgminer --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --icarus-timing short=90  (about 3,330 gh/s)

#cgminer --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing short=90  (about 3,180 gh/s)
where wrong ??
3.11 with --icarus-options 115200:1:1   run to low! about 500mh/s

i've arch linux

thx to all
Takel
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Pipe errors on usb reads that cgminer fails to clear are no longer treated as fatal (which would make them reset the usb device) and are passed back to the driver to decide what to do with them. Most drivers will still treat them as fatal but the hashfast driver will attempt to reread first and then drops the device itself, avoiding the usb reset which the HFA devices don't like.

Is there anyway to minimize having pipe errors. It seems like my drillbit devices and an amu labeled device have been reset a max of 156 times  since I updated to 3.11. Btc guild seems to be working since i haven't crashed all day, but I gotta wait and see if btcguild makes another post of "all clear" so I know its working properly.

I'm also seeing something called "high hash". What is that ? Am I ticking off a low difficulty coin?

Thanks

Edit tried to compile again. What am I missing? I'm getting the same compile errors  with winsock and winsock 2 header errors.
Pipe errors are hardware related, though far far less common on linux. Pick better hardware and get rid of all the usb1.1 crap (ie amu sticks). My compilation works perfectly fine picking up the correct headers all the time by default so there's something wrong with your build environment setup. What? I dunno, otherwise I would have told you by now since you've asked about 10 times.
There wasn't any specifics in the windows compile guide of any special tweaks needed but I know that miniGW installed them with the basic install and that they are there. I have no idea other than that.
Pipe errors on usb reads that cgminer fails to clear are no longer treated as fatal (which would make them reset the usb device) and are passed back to the driver to decide what to do with them. Most drivers will still treat them as fatal but the hashfast driver will attempt to reread first and then drops the device itself, avoiding the usb reset which the HFA devices don't like.

Is there anyway to minimize having pipe errors. It seems like my drillbit devices and an amu labeled device have been reset a max of 156 times  since I updated to 3.11. Btc guild seems to be working since i haven't crashed all day, but I gotta wait and see if btcguild makes another post of "all clear" so I know its working properly.

I'm also seeing something called "high hash". What is that ? Am I ticking off a low difficulty coin?

Thanks

Edit tried to compile again. What am I missing? I'm getting the same compile errors  with winsock and winsock 2 header errors.
legendary
Thanks,  for your fast answer and it's OK for me, i'm waiting Wink

greets
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Thanks for the release, its possible the support the Antminer U1 in the next releases?

greets and thanks for your Hard work.
I just received one in the mail (thanks Beastly) so I will get around to writing a driver for it at some stage. Understand that with someone dumping 3TH on my doorstep for me to work on another driver, you can see why a 2.5GH USB stick will get low priority.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
Thanks for the release, its possible the support the Antminer U1 in the next releases?

greets and thanks for your Hard work.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Neither and it shouldn't matter to you since this is the first time I've seen your user name here. I made some changes to a how to guide and I was expecting some kind of thanks if I stumbled across something. If he really wanted help he'd have git hub open for reports and have a cleaner post.

The pipe error is new so I mentioned it. I help where I can and grump when I need it Roll Eyes. Your making more mess responding to my entire post.

Have a nice e day and hope cK Olivias still see's what I posted.
%there is nothing wrong to expect something in return for time and efforts but as far as understand you are asking for it.so please take my apology I might get it wrong.
It is not my first time posting here
Besides in change log and source there is a word about pipe errors and no more lib USB resets if I remember correctly Wink
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Unofficial Mac binaries have been updated for v3.11.0 and are available here.

These are precompiled universal binaries that support Mac OS X 10.5.8 through 10.9+.
Neither and it shouldn't matter to you since this is the first time I've seen your user name here. I made some changes to a how to guide and I was expecting some kind of thanks if I stumbled across something. If he really wanted help he'd have git hub open for reports and have a cleaner post.

The pipe error is new so I mentioned it. I help where I can and grump when I need it Roll Eyes. Your making more mess responding to my entire post.

Have a nice e day and hope cK Olivias still see's what I posted.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Not sure what I saw but I saw a new error flash on the screen "-pipe" and I think it was tied to lib usb.

Any idea if that still means I should be using an alternate btcguild or is that something else.

I'm going to try compiling later and see if I can get past where I was having trouble now. Just make sure if any thing I posted about it in my fork I get some credit Roll Eyes since I did the searching.
Are you here to beg or to help to community? whatever you find please keep it secret not to get disappointed for the lack of credits
In genal you can not  do much about USB pipe  errors unless you are writing USB dev firmware. what needs to be done is done already from cgminer developers.
Not sure what I saw but I saw a new error flash on the screen "-pipe" and I think it was tied to lib usb.

Any idea if that still means I should be using an alternate btcguild or is that something else.

I'm going to try compiling later and see if I can get past where I was having trouble now. Just make sure if any thing I posted about it in my fork I get some credit Roll Eyes since I did the searching.
Jump to: