Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 298. (Read 5805537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1753
Merit: 1007
How to connect 50 ZTEX 1.15y boards to cgminer? Any ideas....
legendary
Here, give this a shot  Smiley

C:\cgminer\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [pool]:[port] -u [username].[worker] -p [password] --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM3 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM5 -S //./COM6

this dont help. Same problem. Cgminer answer with -S unrecognized option
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
Ants Rock
Here, give this a shot  Smiley

C:\cgminer\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [pool]:[port] -u [username].[worker] -p [password] --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM3 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM5 -S //./COM6
legendary
HI guys
I have tryed cgminer 3.2.1 for my ZTEX 1.15y on Windows 7
WinUSB driver installed with Zadig.
But i have a problem to start cgminer with more then 4 boards. Program dont want start if i connect 5 and more boards.
Please help
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
current cgminer (git):

SEM: Icarus USB failed to release '/tmp/cgminer-usb-2-7' err (11) Resource temporarily unavailable

on USB block erupter

Edit:  the worst part isn't the fact that there are zombies, it's that sometimes, one stops working, the green light comes on, and it never recovers again.

[2013-06-12 18:30:14] AMU0: Comms error (werr=-9 amt=0)
 [2013-06-12 18:30:14] AMU 0 failure, disabling!
 [2013-06-12 18:30:14] Thread 0 being disabled
 [2013-06-12 18:30:16] AMU0: Comms error (rerr=-9 amt=0)
 [2013-06-12 18:30:16] SEM: Icarus USB failed to release '/tmp/cgminer-usb-2-3' err (11) Resource temporarily unavailable
 [2013-06-12 18:30:16] FAIL: USB remove not already in use (2:3)
Activity: 322
Supersonic
Right, i use "--failover-only", and then "switchpool" command to set which pool i want to mine at. The logs and display show that its only mining the pool i want it to. and if this pool is down, it failsover to something else. Works like i want it to, I dont "feel" there is any issue in terms of payouts or smthn...
I believe failover-only still communicates with the failover pools.  You can verify this with netstat.  Switches depend on OS and what you know about the output / want to see.
More importantly, if it wasn't communicating with them, then it wouldn't know the difficulty, defeating what you are trying to do to begin with.  IOW, for what you are trying to do to possibly work, all but the "currently active" pool would need to be disabled, and you would need to poll the difficulty from the wallets, all of which would need to be accessible from your polling application (either locally or over the network).

Hmm makes sense http://pastie.org/private/c2qa7mv7dsncpnyxkcryoa is from a pool thats not "currently active".

Code:
 'Status': u'Alive',
 'Stratum Active': False,

When i switch to this pool it uses stratum only. But here its showing it as Alive, and stratum to be inactive. Will need to tcpdump to see if difficulty info is being passed along for inactive pools or not.

I have been using wallet to get difficulty information, but would like to remove wallet dependency. I use raspberry pi to mine which is incapable of running wallets. Currently i run the wallet on my desktop, but I want to shut down the desktop for few weeks.

The difficulty from block explorer sites (basically getdifficulty method) shows the difficulty of the last block mined, not the current network difficulty.
Activity: 807
Right, i use "--failover-only", and then "switchpool" command to set which pool i want to mine at. The logs and display show that its only mining the pool i want it to. and if this pool is down, it failsover to something else. Works like i want it to, I dont "feel" there is any issue in terms of payouts or smthn...
I believe failover-only still communicates with the failover pools.  You can verify this with netstat.  Switches depend on OS and what you know about the output / want to see.
More importantly, if it wasn't communicating with them, then it wouldn't know the difficulty, defeating what you are trying to do to begin with.  IOW, for what you are trying to do to possibly work, all but the "currently active" pool would need to be disabled, and you would need to poll the difficulty from the wallets, all of which would need to be accessible from your polling application (either locally or over the network).
But he's only got one active pool at a time via the API, (at least I asusme it's just one pool), so does this warning still stand?
Depends on his definition of "active".  If the other pools are all disabled and cgminer isn't communicating with them, it would work fine, in theory.  However, in any other scenario, where cgminer is communicating with them, it will see new blocks that aren't part of the chain it is mining.
Supersonic
I am using cgminer with multiple pools for different coins.

Taken straight from the first paragraph of the README:
Do not use on multiple block chains at the same time!
But he's only got one active pool at a time via the API, (at least I asusme it's just one pool), so does this warning still stand?

Activity: 672
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

Supersonic

Hmm.. i thought adding "--failover-only" makes any pool mixup go away? havent noticed any issues doing it this way... and restarting cgminer takes minutes (~4 seconds per fpga each configured serially).
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Supersonic
How to get the network difficulty per coin or pool?

I am using cgminer with multiple pools for different coins. Then using the API to control which pool is currently active (all sha256). But, I want to query a particular coins current difficulty. Is it possible?

the pool command gives output like http://pastie.org/private/c2qa7mv7dsncpnyxkcryoa for each pool. No difficulty.
the coin command gives

Code:
{u'COIN': [{u'Current Block Hash': u'xxxxSNIPxxxx',
   u'Current Block Time': 1371063749.732006,
   u'Hash Method': u'sha256',
   u'LP': True,
   u'Network Difficulty': 295934.4819144}],
 u'STATUS': [{u'Code': 78,
   u'Description': u'cgminer 3.1.1',
   u'Msg': u'CGMiner coin',
   u'STATUS': u'S',
   u'When': 1371064803}],
 u'id': 1}

Which i presume belongs to the current active pool (ppcoin).

Q1: Is it possible to get 'Network Difficulty' in pool output?
Q2: Is it possible to create our own "coin" objects and associate pools to a coin? If so how?

Apologies if its been asked before, i couldn't find a solution.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
[2013-06-12 09:04:10] Failed to resolve (?wrong URL) us.eclipsemc.com:3333/
 [2013-06-12 09:04:10] Failed to resolve (?wrong URL) mint.bitminter.com:3333/
Get rid of the trailing slashes.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I went to switch back to Bitcoin mining yesterday on a box that had been mining altcoins with cgminer 3.2.1 (built on an amd64 Gentoo box with a source tarball pulled from https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/archive/v3.2.1.tar.gz.  I have these pools configured in cgminer.conf:

Code:
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333/",
                "user" : "salfter_lanbox",
                "pass" : "**redacted**"
        },
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://us.eclipsemc.com:3333/",
                "user" : "salfter_lanbox",
                "pass" : "**redacted**"
        }
]

The config file was unchanged from when I last used it.  cgminer 3.2.1 produces this error on startup:

Code:
 [2013-06-12 09:04:09] Started cgminer 3.2.1
 [2013-06-12 09:04:09] Started cgminer 3.2.1
 [2013-06-12 09:04:09] Loaded configuration file /home/salfter/.cgminer/cgminer.
conf
 [2013-06-12 09:04:10] Probing for an alive pool
 [2013-06-12 09:04:10] Failed to resolve (?wrong URL) us.eclipsemc.com:3333/
 [2013-06-12 09:04:10] Failed to resolve (?wrong URL) mint.bitminter.com:3333/

When I downgraded to cgminer 3.1.0, it runs like a champ.  I've used cgminer 3.2.1 to mine altcoins on stratum pools...but I just noticed that the URLs for those pools don't have trailing slashes, while the ones for the Bitcoin pools do:

Code:
salfter@lanbox ~ $ grep stratum .cgminer/cgminer.conf.*
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.bitcoin:         "url" : "stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333/",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.bitcoin:         "url" : "stratum+tcp://us.eclipsemc.com:3333/",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.digitalcoin:              "url" : "stratum+tcp://dgcpool.com:3333",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.digitalcoin:              "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.digicoinpool.com:3344",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.feathercoin:              "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.wemineftc.com:4444",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.feathercoin:              "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.fcpool.com:3334",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.feathercoin:              "url" : "stratum+tcp://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com:3333",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.litecoin:         "url" : "stratum+tcp://us.wemineltc.com:80",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.litecoin:         "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.wemineltc.com:3333",
.cgminer/cgminer.conf.worldcoin:                "url" : "stratum+tcp://wdc-eu.epools.org:3334",

I think cgminer 3.2.1 might not like the trailing slash, while previous versions didn't care.
Supersonic
The --usb command gives you finer control over this. The --device command only takes one set of values now (-d 0-1 instead of -d 0 -d 1) and only works for usb devices since version 3.2.1, and it is a coarse command.

I went ahead and tried it now.

"--usb 5:1,5:2" in one instance
"--usb 3:1,3:2" in the other instance

Both hashing away just fine.  Now I can more objectively compare pools.
Thanks,
Sam

Is that all that is necessary to run multiple instances or is there other "secret sauce"?  What do  the number mean?

i believe the number is bus:device.

so "5:1" means device 1 on bus 5. on linux lsusb shows you the bus and device number for each usb device.
Activity: 481
The --usb command gives you finer control over this. The --device command only takes one set of values now (-d 0-1 instead of -d 0 -d 1) and only works for usb devices since version 3.2.1, and it is a coarse command.

Thanks,
Sam

Is that all that is necessary to run multiple instances or is there other "secret sauce"?  What do  the number mean?
Activity: 476
Are there any reasons to update from 3.1.1 to 3.2.1 if you are only using gpus ?
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

Thanks,
Sam
Jump to: