Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 296. (Read 5805537 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
same config, but at 3.2.1 all fans go 100% allways, 3.2.0 is it ok.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
From the FAQ

Q: Which AMD SDK is the best for cgminer?
A: At the moment, versions 2.4 and 2.5 work the best for R5xxx and R6xxx GPUS.
SDK 2.6 or 2.7 works best for R7xxx. SDK 2.8 is known to have many problems.
If you are need to use the 2.6+ SDK or R7xxx or later, the phatk kernel will
perform poorly, while the diablo or my custom modified poclbm kernel are
optimised for it.

Q: Which AMD driver is the best?
A: Unfortunately AMD has a history of having quite a few releases with issues
when it comes to mining, either in terms of breaking mining, increasing CPU
usage or very low hashrates. Only experimentation can tell you for sure, but
some good releases were 11.6, 11.12, 12.4 and 12.8. Note that older cards may
not work with the newer drivers.

That was my last option to reinstall all the drivers/sdk. Thanks for helping, I will post here results, maybe more come with similar problem.
I noticed a big difference switching to the poclbm kernel.  It's not used by default.  I'm running two 7850s with Catalyst 13.4 and either SDK 2.6 or 2.7, (I can't remember which).  One of my cards always runs hotter than the other.  Initially it was so much hotter that CGMiner would throttle back the clock from 1050 to 860, but now they're running pretty evenly matched at full speed.  (This is all on 3.1.1 by the way, there's not much if any GPU improvements in 3.2.1 from what I understand).
legendary
Activity: 1753
Merit: 1007
Hi all
i have problem with connecting more then 4 Ztex 1.15y rev.1 boards to cgminer 3.2.1
If i try start cgminer with 5 or more board, programm crashed on start. With 4 boards all works fine.
Hotplug dont work too.
I am on Win 7 SP1 32bit
please HELP guys! Anybody run more then 4 boards now?Huh
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
so how do I tell where ICA 24 is located among my hubs? is there a way in cgminer to force the green light on the USB Miner to flicker very fast to help locate a particular USB Miner?
kind of like on some hard drives in raid array you have an option to "identify" a drive by turning on a flashing light or something...
if this feature does not exist, i'd like to request it. should it be added to ICA, AVL and BFL devices? 

What does "cgminer-nogpu" -n say?

I use 3.2.1 and it tells me what bus number and device number each one is so I can, with some trial and error, which one is which.  I agree your suggestion would make things easier especially with the number of devices you have.

I would hate to map all of those serial ports like you are with 3.1.x.  I would recommend going to 3.2.1, it really is much easier.
Sam
As soon as USB 3.0 is supported, I'll switch
Activity: 16
so how do I tell where ICA 24 is located among my hubs? is there a way in cgminer to force the green light on the USB Miner to flicker very fast to help locate a particular USB Miner?
kind of like on some hard drives in raid array you have an option to "identify" a drive by turning on a flashing light or something...
if this feature does not exist, i'd like to request it. should it be added to ICA, AVL and BFL devices? 

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2guns.jpg

What makes some miners show up as "OFF" in cgminer (as in the image above) and how do you turn them back on?  I have cgminer 3.1.1 and five USB ASICs on an Anker USB 3.0 hub and windows 8.  If I try to run them in one instance of cgminer, only the first one is active and the rest show up as off.  Strange thing is, I had three working just fine in one instance and it was only after I added the COM settings for the two new ones that it stopped working.  If I run an independent instance for each miner, they all work. 
From the FAQ

optimised for it.

That was my last option to reinstall all the drivers/sdk. Thanks for helping, I will post here results, maybe more come with similar problem.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
It is promising that I'm not alone with this problem, tried to search for it but just can't define correctly the search Sad

Did you look in the mining support board?
Using this on Ubuntu like mentioned before ....
legendary
Think for yourself
AMD Driver and ATI OpenCL Drivers 2.8 and ADL SDK 5

Hmm, I was expecting something like Catalyst 12.8 and OpenCL 2.6 or something along those lines.

From the FAQ

optimised for it.

I tried to set intensity from 10 to 18, all the same, defined GPU and MEM clock manually, same issue. Trying different combinations for days but again the same.

I have [fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 9.0.2 [Sep 20 2012] with 6 minors AMD Driver and ATI OpenCL Drivers 2.8 and ADL SDK 5.0

It is promising that I'm not alone with this problem, tried to search for it but just can't define correctly the search Sad
legendary
Think for yourself
-w 256 -g 1

I don't think you need to specify a work size with those GPU's, not sure though since I don't have those.

Why are you limiting your GPU's to one thread?  I would remove both of these settings.
Sam

I tried it without them, same story. It's like GPU's not working on their full power (this config worked in windows, hardware is ok, linux is more stable).
I don't know is there some settings how to configure GPU usage.

This looks familiar.   I think someone else had a similar problem.

Anyway GPU usage is affected my intensity and engine clocks.

What Catalyst and SDK are you using?
-w 256 -g 1

I don't think you need to specify a work size with those GPU's, not sure though since I don't have those.

Why are you limiting your GPU's to one thread?  I would remove both of these settings.
Sam

I tried it without them, same story. It's like GPU's not working on their full power (this config worked in windows, hardware is ok, linux is more stable).
I don't know is there some settings how to configure GPU usage.
legendary
Think for yourself

What does "cgminer-nogpu" -n say?

I use 3.2.1 and it tells me what bus number and device number each one is so I can, with some trial and error, which one is which.  I agree your suggestion would make things easier especially with the number of devices you have.

I would hate to map all of those serial ports like you are with 3.1.x.  I would recommend going to 3.2.1, it really is much easier.
Sam
legendary
Think for yourself
-w 256 -g 1

Sam
Hi, does anybody can help me?
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit and the latest cgminer 3.2.1
I have 6 7950 GPU, installed drivers properly and all the needed sdk tools as described on many tutorials.
Ubuntu detects all 6 card with no problem.
I tried many many combinations of scripts to get good hash rates but failed all the time.
I saw all the time that 1 GPU temp goes high - working on 80C, but the other 5 cards are on ambient temps.
Max hash rate is 100mh/s per GPU what I able to make.
The script is:

./cgminer -o http://pool.50btc.com:8332 -u XXX -p XXX -I 10 --gpu-reorder --auto-fan -w 256 -g 1

Posted a screenshot maybe will help
http://s24.postimg.org/3llk0yhqd/low_hash.jpg

Thank you in advance
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Under Windows 7 I've used zadig to replace the FTDI driver with the WinUSB driver.  When I start cgminer, I get this:
snip
Yes it's a known about problem with slower USB/timeouts on some of the devices. There is a fix for this in the master git development tree, but no official release with it yet unfortunately. Hopefully soon...

So is it the same issue in linux on my RPi or is the above a Windows only thing? 
If Windows only could you please look back a few replies?
In the short term, I guess I'll try BFL's Easyminer.
Some BFL devices have a slow-initialisation problem which will happen on any OS. The RPi seems to be bitten by something else as well. We're still investigation though we think we've instrumented the problem at least.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Under Windows 7 I've used zadig to replace the FTDI driver with the WinUSB driver.  When I start cgminer, I get this:
snip
Yes it's a known about problem with slower USB/timeouts on some of the devices. There is a fix for this in the master git development tree, but no official release with it yet unfortunately. Hopefully soon...

So is it the same issue in linux on my RPi or is the above a Windows only thing? 
If Windows only could you please look back a few replies?
In the short term, I guess I'll try BFL's Easyminer.
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
And if you are NOT having problems with 3.2.1 on RPi, could you tell me your kernel version?

I'm running cgminer 3.2.1 on an RPi with 4 Erupters and a Jalapeno with no problems.

Linux minepeon 3.6.11-11-ARCH+ #1 PREEMPT Tue May 14 16:12:58 UTC 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux

The only change I made was taking the 200ms timeout up to 999ms as a temporary workaround to get the Jalapeno to talk.  The erupters worked right out of the box.  Hot plug and all.

Cheers and thanks for all the work.

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
snip
Jump to: