Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 309. (Read 5805537 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Now is now more then 3 days since I post my problem and no replays.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2359449

Can you please help mi figure this out... It works on BTC even if I don't have GPUs on 99% but about 75 to 90% but it will not for LTC that GPU will soon only be good for. So can you please help me figuring out why I can't go over 8 on intensity.

Any question I will be happy to answer.
GPU-README and SCRYPT-README

likely you have a software+hardware setup that is ok for BTC but not for LTC. Maybe system ram or other random magic that ltc might need.
That was not the question. I can't setup intensety over 8. If I do interesting things happened. I'm copy pasting...

SNIP

It's still the answer.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Can you please help mi figure this out... It works on BTC even if I don't have GPUs on 99% but about 75 to 90% but it will not for LTC that GPU will soon only be good for. So can you please help me figuring out why I can't go over 8 on intensity.

likely you have a software+hardware setup that is ok for BTC but not for LTC. Maybe system ram or other random magic that ltc might need.
That was not the question. I can't setup intensety over 8. If I do interesting things happened. I'm copy pasting...

Hi!

I have a question. Why I can't setup intensity in my CGminer. If I add -I 9 into command line all my cores run with about the same speed and is sub 200MH... I have 8 GPU cores and if I setup -I 9 I get only 1.1something GH... If I don't added I get 2.0something GH. It is still not full speed but much beater then with I setting. What I should be seeing is 2.6something...

If I start miner without -I setting and change it later it happens that all others cart get negative intensity setting... When I set them all I get the same as if I use config file.

This happened when I added 5970 and 5770 to my miner. With only 5 cores I didn't have problems. But I do have a mix of cards if that might be a problem. 6790, 6870, 5850, 2x5970, 5770. Running 2.11.4, but the same problem is on 3.2.0(3.x has problems with my pool. I get disconnected all the time).

Win 7 x64... I did notice that CPU is on 100%. With only 5 cores it was less then 30%. Any other data?

Thanks

EDIT: Figure out why I have 100% CPU. CCC problem... Uninstalled it at it is fine...
Interesting... I just figure another thing out. If I set -I 8 everything is ok. If I set it to 9 even on one card doesn't work... Ideas?

EDIT: I would like to setup some cards to 10 and some to 12. Is there a limit on total intensity?

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
[edit] using sudo got around the permission issue, is there a better solution? I'M MINING!!!!!

ls -lh /dev/ttyUSB0
ull see that it likely had group permissions for dialout.

u need to add that to the user ur logged in as.
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G dialout yourusername

Then your user has permission to talk to those interfaces

It didn't seem to help, i saw something about not having permission woosh by but couldn't read it. I'm content using sudo until i get a chance to figure it out. I probably  need to redirect the output to a file so that i can see what it said.

Thanks again for your help!
All versions of cgminer have documented how to deal with permission errors on linux
It varies on the version of cgminer (and devices) you are using - but it's listed in FPGA-README ...
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
i keep getting Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted :stratum  from pool 0 requested work restart.

how do i resolve this? i am using same setting that never had this error before until i just started a new miner on different pool.
That's your pool having instability. Use a different pool.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
[edit] using sudo got around the permission issue, is there a better solution? I'M MINING!!!!!

ls -lh /dev/ttyUSB0

Code:

It didn't seem to help, i saw something about not having permission woosh by but couldn't read it. I'm content using sudo until i get a chance to figure it out. I probably  need to redirect the output to a file so that i can see what it said.

Thanks again for your help!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic

ls -lh /dev/ttyUSB0

Code:

i keep getting Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted :stratum  from pool 0 requested work restart.

how do i resolve this? i am using same setting that never had this error before until i just started a new miner on different pool.
Did you use 2.x before that? I know for some pools that have problems with 3.x... don't know why but I know it is happening and that admins are looking into this. I can't run 3.x on Bitparking and I had also some porblems with it on Slush or BtcGuild. So I went back to 2.11.4. But now that I will get ASICminer USB I will have no option to use 2.x... Or is there?

been using 3.1 , didnt have any problems until i switched miner pools.
Pool? I think it is pool related... Merged mining... There is something now in 3.x version that is different... If I put 3.x miner to Bitparking I get a lot of thous. But non if I use 2.x
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Its all about the Gold

Did you use 2.x before that? I know for some pools that have problems with 3.x... don't know why but I know it is happening and that admins are looking into this. I can't run 3.x on Bitparking and I had also some porblems with it on Slush or BtcGuild. So I went back to 2.11.4. But now that I will get ASICminer USB I will have no option to use 2.x... Or is there?

been using 3.1 , didnt have any problems until i switched miner pools.
*sniff* *sniff* ok, i need some hand holding. I grabbed the tarball from GIT for the latest version. I copied the files into my cgminer directory (this is 32 bit Ubuntu), over writing the existing files. I ran autogen.sh and then make. I plugged in an ASICminer USB stick. the green light is on. then i ran ./cgminer with no parameters. It started GPU mining fine, but didn't show anything about the ASICminer. Do i need to reboot with the USB stick plugged in? or is there a start parameter that i need? Please don't tell me to read the readmes, i did. and i'm terrible at searching 100s of pages of a thread. I did the group join thing in the Readme.

stop cgminer

now unplug the USB thing
plug in the usb thing back in.

^ Not troling. im serious.

save this file https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/01-cgminer.rules as /etc/udev/rules.d/01-cgminer.rules

sudo service udev restart

download cgminer 3.1.1 (for sake of clarity into new directory)
Code:
./autogen
./configure --enable-icarus
make

ls /dev/ttyUSB*
make note of the devices.

run cgminer
Code:
cgminer  --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1  

thank you!

this seemed to work, no i just have Privilege issues on USBtty0

Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
*sniff* *sniff* ok, i need some hand holding. I grabbed the tarball from GIT for the latest version. I copied the files into my cgminer directory (this is 32 bit Ubuntu), over writing the existing files. I ran autogen.sh and then make. I plugged in an ASICminer USB stick. the green light is on. then i ran ./cgminer with no parameters. It started GPU mining fine, but didn't show anything about the ASICminer. Do i need to reboot with the USB stick plugged in? or is there a start parameter that i need? Please don't tell me to read the readmes, i did. and i'm terrible at searching 100s of pages of a thread. I did the group join thing in the Readme.

stop cgminer

now unplug the USB thing
plug in the usb thing back in.

^ Not troling. im serious.

save this file https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/01-cgminer.rules as /etc/udev/rules.d/01-cgminer.rules

sudo service udev restart

download cgminer 3.1.1 (for sake of clarity into new directory)
Code:
./autogen
./configure --enable-icarus
make

ls /dev/ttyUSB*
make note of the devices.

run cgminer
Code:
cgminer  --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1  
Activity: 481
Both 3.1.1 and 3.2.0 return this message:

[2013-06-06 15:55:12] BitForceSC detect (2:9) get details returned nothing (0:0)

What does this mean? Is the Jalapeno busted or am I missing something?

[2013-06-06 15:58:55] Started cgminer 3.2.0
 [2013-06-06 15:58:55] Started cgminer 3.2.0
 [2013-06-06 15:58:55] USB all: found 16 devices - listing known devices
.USB dev 0: Bus 2 Device 3 ID: 10c4:ea60
  Manufacturer: 'Silicon Labs'
  Product: 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller'
.USB dev 1: Bus 2 Device 6 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 2: Bus 2 Device 7 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 3: Bus 2 Device 8 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 4: Bus 2 Device 9 ID: 0403:6014
  Manufacturer: 'Butterfly Labs'
  Product: 'BitFORCE SHA256 SC'
 [2013-06-06 15:58:55] 5 known USB devices
 [2013-06-06 15:59:00] BitForceSC detect (2:9) get details returned nothing (0:0)
 [2013-06-06 15:59:00] Need to specify at least one pool server.
Input server details.
*sniff* *sniff* ok, i need some hand holding. I grabbed the tarball from GIT for the latest version. I copied the files into my cgminer directory (this is 32 bit Ubuntu), over writing the existing files. I ran autogen.sh and then make. I plugged in an ASICminer USB stick. the green light is on. then i ran ./cgminer with no parameters. It started GPU mining fine, but didn't show anything about the ASICminer. Do i need to reboot with the USB stick plugged in? or is there a start parameter that i need? Please don't tell me to read the readmes, i did. and i'm terrible at searching 100s of pages of a thread.
Cgminer version? 3.2.0 has some problems... Windows parameters are  -S \\.\COM"X" ("X" beeing number of com port) for 3.1.1 not complitly sure about linux. I guess something like /dev/"something"

EDIT: I hope I pointed you in the right direction...
Activity: 752

+1.  Need to reinstall silabs drivers for 3.1.1 or bfgminer.
I'm just going to go with a different miner software.  Can't get it to work.  Thanks guys for trying.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Using cgminer on windows 7

Drivers installed with zadig as described and can view in device manager

I set up a .bat file and I when I try to run it, it flashes on the screen and automatically closes. Says "-S unrecognized option" Any ideas why?  I unchecked "hide extensions for all file types" as instructed when creating a .bat file.

My text in the bat file reads as follows: (replacing user/pass with xxx/yyy)

C:\cgminer\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://rr.btcmp.com:8332 -u xxx -p yyy d --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM3

The pathway is correct.  Can anyone see any problems?  Only 1 miner plugged into usb port. Thanks!

Use version 3.1.1 for Icarus/Lancelot/Erupter devices.  I thought it suppose to be -S \\.\COM3

Tried v3.1.1, tried / & \ both ways.  Still same thing.

In addition.  When I start cgminer-nogpu.exe manually, enter my pool/user/pass...  It says this:

http://db.tt/5LSsuujs

Any help?

if u used 3.2.0 and then tried to go back to 3.1.1 , make sure u unplug and re-plug the device . atleast on linux you have to...

You probably also have to undo whatever zadig did in order to use 3.1.1 after having set everything up for 3.2.0.  I use linux, so I can't tell you for sure what those steps are.

+1.  Need to reinstall silabs drivers for 3.1.1 or bfgminer.
Activity: 737
Using cgminer on windows 7

Drivers installed with zadig as described and can view in device manager

I set up a .bat file and I when I try to run it, it flashes on the screen and automatically closes. Says "-S unrecognized option" Any ideas why?  I unchecked "hide extensions for all file types" as instructed when creating a .bat file.

My text in the bat file reads as follows: (replacing user/pass with xxx/yyy)

C:\cgminer\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://rr.btcmp.com:8332 -u xxx -p yyy d --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM3

The pathway is correct.  Can anyone see any problems?  Only 1 miner plugged into usb port. Thanks!

Use version 3.1.1 for Icarus/Lancelot/Erupter devices.  I thought it suppose to be -S \\.\COM3

Tried v3.1.1, tried / & \ both ways.  Still same thing.

In addition.  When I start cgminer-nogpu.exe manually, enter my pool/user/pass...  It says this:

http://db.tt/5LSsuujs

Any help?

if u used 3.2.0 and then tried to go back to 3.1.1 , make sure u unplug and re-plug the device . atleast on linux you have to...

You probably also have to undo whatever zadig did in order to use 3.1.1 after having set everything up for 3.2.0.  I use linux, so I can't tell you for sure what those steps are.
Jump to: