Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 314. (Read 5805537 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Could you elaborate on what PXE booting, daemontools, and puppet mean? I'm a Windows guy!

Sure:
PXE booting means booting off the network from a file server - no disks in the machine and they all share the same root filesystem on the file server
daemontools is a program for supervising processes - if they die it automatically restarts them
puppet is a configuration management tool for linux

I should probably do a howto for all this, parts of this could be easily re-used without needing the whole setup.

Many thanks for the helpful response. I for one would appreciate a howto on making the RPi/MinePeon more automatic.
Activity: 448
Could you elaborate on what PXE booting, daemontools, and puppet mean? I'm a Windows guy!

Sure:
PXE booting means booting off the network from a file server - no disks in the machine and they all share the same root filesystem on the file server
daemontools is a program for supervising processes - if they die it automatically restarts them
puppet is a configuration management tool for linux

I should probably do a howto for all this, parts of this could be easily re-used without needing the whole setup.
You can use "screen" too

Definitely, but this means that you need to (after a system reboot) remember, or be available, to log in and start everything up.

I have my systems PXE booting, automatically starting X under tty12 and cgminer under daemontools. It means that my miners can reboot at any time and they'll come up mining. Throw in puppet for managing the config files and it's fairly well automated.

You can use "screen" too

Definitely, but this means that you need to (after a system reboot) remember, or be available, to log in and start everything up.

I have my systems PXE booting, automatically starting X under tty12 and cgminer under daemontools. It means that my miners can reboot at any time and they'll come up mining. Throw in puppet for managing the config files and it's fairly well automated.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I run cgminer under daemontools. Use --syslog to send most of the log output to the system log and redirect output from the command line to /tmp/cgminer.log, so you can see the ongoing hashrate.
I have a question about Linux usage: once you have connected via SSH, how do you get the output of cgminer (or any other running process, for that matter)?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hi!
I am LTC Miner
Love your work
please make LTC address for donations

Thanks!
His address is in SCRYPT-README
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Hi!
I am LTC Miner
Love your work
please make LTC address for donations

Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
IS there a benefit of using nogpu.exe vs no gpu in config file?
It just doesn't have the gpu code built into it so you don't need opencl installed (opencl.dll required etc). Otherwise it behaves the same.
legendary
IS there a benefit of using nogpu.exe vs no gpu in config file?
legendary
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
oops do u have a debug, cpu fixed?
Not today, at work... gimme another day.
legendary
oops do u have a debug, cpu fixed?

Sadly it's crashing the 17 lancelot instance every 10 minutes

cgminer.exe caused an Access Violation at location 0045b0b9 in module cgminer.exe Reading from location 1b30d66a.
That's not a debug build so that is useless as well I'm afraid.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

cgminer.exe caused an Access Violation at location 0045b0b9 in module cgminer.exe Reading from location 1b30d66a.
That's not a debug build so that is useless as well I'm afraid.
legendary

Registers:
eax=00000020 ebx=01e151e0 ecx=00000058 edx=1b30d66a esi=00000000 edi=00000016
eip=0045b0b9 esp=06b6f6ac ebp=00000000 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00010202

Call stack:

AMAZINGAMAMAMAMMAMAIIZNZING
0.2%

About 5-10% better still over 60%
Well I don't think that's the cause then if it's only 5%. We'll investigate further.

I've found a place where a fair amount of cpu usage might be lost. You might want to try the new binaries I uploaded again here that try to kerb that:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/
Heh, that's more like it Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
0.2%

Well I don't think that's the cause then if it's only 5%. We'll investigate further.

I've found a place where a fair amount of cpu usage might be lost. You might want to try the new binaries I uploaded again here that try to kerb that:
Heh, that's more like it Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zHEKaHfg

Yes reliably. Will post tomorrow. It gets tiresome using rdp on my phone.
No rush. We greatly appreciate the debugging but take your time. This is the unfortunate cost of such heavy development, and we're heavily dependent on users testing scenarios we can't reproduce ourselves.
Darn, there's not really anything useful in that debug output.
legendary
0.2%

legendary
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zHEKaHfg

Yes reliably. Will post tomorrow. It gets tiresome using rdp on my phone.
No rush. We greatly appreciate the debugging but take your time. This is the unfortunate cost of such heavy development, and we're heavily dependent on users testing scenarios we can't reproduce ourselves.
Jump to: