Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 378. (Read 5805537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
Small bug here? When I set -I 20 this happens: (with 1x HD 5770)
That's not a bug. That's just being stupid. Switch to -I 7.
Care to explain?
Taken right from the FAQ in the very first post of this thread:

Q: I'm getting much lower hashrates than I should be for my GPU?
A: Look at your driver/SDK combination and disable power saving options for
your GPU. Specifically look to disable ULPS. Make sure not to set intensity
above 11 for BTC mining.

Yeah I read that and it has nothing to do with my error since I'm getting way to HIGH (read, not LOW) hashrates. I normally get 170Mh with -I 4 and when I tune things I get around 200Mh, but NOT 3000Mh.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Care to explain?
Taken right from the FAQ in the very first post of this thread:

Q: I'm getting much lower hashrates than I should be for my GPU?
A: Look at your driver/SDK combination and disable power saving options for
your GPU. Specifically look to disable ULPS. Make sure not to set intensity
above 11 for BTC mining.

Activity: 297
Merit: 250
I'm on windows 8 with the latest cgminer.  I find that I have to reset cgminer atleast 1-2 times a day because it hangs on my 7970 running only at 1000/1000.

The last message is usually "Pool 0 stratum share submission failure" but it fails to connect to my alternate pools.  My windows 7 rig with 4 GPUs never has this issue and has been going for weeks on end.  Is there any incompatibility with windows 8?  I have made sure that all firewalls on my computer have full permission for cgminer as well.
legendary

Care to explain?
legendary
Activity: 952
legendary

BTCGuild web interface reports ~50MH/s

Code:
 cgminer version 2.11.4 - Started: [2013-04-09 17:10:22]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):2.829M (avg):2.843Mh/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  U:0.0/m  WU:0.0/m
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 1  LW: 20  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to eu-stratum.btcguild.com diff 1 with stratum as user xxx
 Block: 0090bdbd26df22b1...  Diff:7.67M  Started: [17:10:22]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management [G]PU management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 GPU 0:  54.0C  42%    | 2.846M/2.934Mh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 U:0.00/m I:20

[2013-04-09 17:10:20] Started cgminer 2.11.4
 [2013-04-09 17:10:21] Probing for an alive pool
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
am i suppose to run the cgminer.c in terminal? when i mark it as executable i get a bunch of errors in terminal.

How did you compile it?

I do not believe i did compile it.. just extracted the tar ball and tried to run it... i do not understand CURL and what it has to do with CGMINER.

Am i missing something?
How far did you get in the README?
Activity: 675
Merit: 507
Freedom to choose
am i suppose to run the cgminer.c in terminal? when i mark it as executable i get a bunch of errors in terminal.

How did you compile it?

I do not believe i did compile it.. just extracted the tar ball and tried to run it... i do not understand CURL and what it has to do with CGMINER.

Am i missing something?
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.

How did you compile it?
Activity: 675
Merit: 507
Freedom to choose
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
I can not understand one thing. Why use the settings:

7970 on the same system give 700 kH and the other 500 kH!

Prietom frequency does not affect performance.

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://ltcmine.ru:3333 -O xxx:xxx --scrypt --worksize 256 --shaders 2048 --vectors 1 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --intensity 13 --auto-gpu 2>logfile.txt

What's wrong?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
cgminer supports Cairnsmore1 HashVoodoo dynamic frequency changing?
No, if you want good FPGA support you need ---Miner.

Translation: your fork is optimised for outdated technology. Nice one.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
No, if you want good FPGA support you need BFGMiner.
Good - as in - delay the BFL release by almost a week.
Good - as in - brick Avalon ASICs
Good - as in - his new "Luke-Jr is God" thread shows a REALLY large number of commits to attempt and fail to get Avalon working on his BrickMiner

Sounds good to me Cheesy

Meanwhile - checkout cgminer - support for Avalon (working fine but not in release yet) completed by the originator of more code in cgminer than anyone else - ckolivas Smiley

Though there is one thing good about the BrickMiner - all the code he copies from cgminer every release ... just a pity what he does with it ... ... ... the youtube video is gross, don't watch it Tongue
But no, we rarely copy any of the abortion he creates, back Smiley We know to avoid his ineptitude.
You wish, liar.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
No, if you want good FPGA support you need BFGMiner.
Good - as in - delay the BFL release by almost a week.
Good - as in - brick Avalon ASICs
Good - as in - his new "Luke-Jr is God" thread shows a REALLY large number of commits to attempt and fail to get Avalon working on his BrickMiner

Sounds good to me Cheesy

Meanwhile - checkout cgminer - support for Avalon (working fine but not in release yet) completed by the originator of more code in cgminer than anyone else - ckolivas Smiley

Though there is one thing good about the BrickMiner - all the code he copies from cgminer every release ... just a pity what he does with it ... ... ... the youtube video is gross, don't watch it Tongue
But no, we rarely copy any of the abortion he creates, back Smiley We know to avoid his ineptitude.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
See now why would you want a self moderated topic when you can have trolls coming in making the thread so much more fun?
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
On linux how can I make it so that each instance of cgminer (I'm using one per GPU) does not bully the other instances into changing their values such as gpu-memclock and im assuming gpu-engine?

It seems even when specifying -d n and --remove-disabled, when spawning a second instance of cgminer with gpu-memclock and I'm assuming gpu-engine , the second instance will tell the first to change its settings as well. However the --auto-fan seems to be working fine and only controls one GPU.

This is using 11.11 drivers, 2.11.3a binaries and 2.5 app sdk. On further inspection it seems like even if I specify to change the clock in one instance and select the GPU the instance is running, the other instances will change their clocks aswell.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I must be blind then if it is there because I did read the readme before I posted. So I still don't know

is there an api call that resets stats/shares? same thing as pushing "d" than "z". If not can you add one?
API-README
Yes you are blind.
I'll waste my time reading it for you even ...

Wrote 3 months ago - committed into the main git over a month ago ...

zero|Which,true/false (*)
               none           There is no reply section just the STATUS section
                              stating that the zero, and optional summary, was done
                              If Which='all', all normal cgminer and API statistics
                              will be zeroed other than the numbers displayed by the
                              usbstats and stats commands
                              If Which='bestshare', only the 'Best Share' values
                              are zeroed for each pool and the global 'Best Share'
                              The true/false option determines if a full summary is
                              shown on the cgminer display like is normally displayed
                              on exit.

----------

API V1.24 (cgminer v2.11.0)

Added API commands:
 'zero'

Modified API commands:
 'pools' - add 'Best Share'
 'devs' and 'pga' - add 'No Device' for PGAs if MMQ or BFL compiled
 'stats' - add pool: 'Net Bytes Sent', 'Net Bytes Recv'

----------

superslowkyle, your free support coupon has expired ...
Activity: 1162
Would it be possible to set the upper difficulty limit for Stratum in the client?

E.g. while mining Litecoins on ltcmine.ru I sometimes get a very high difficulty. The result in cgminer is that I only see something like this:

[2013-04-08 03:08:26] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2013-04-08 03:08:48] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2013-04-08 03:09:04] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2013-04-08 03:09:43] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

No accepted, no rejected - only new block messages.

Activity: 437
Merit: 250
I must be blind then if it is there because I did read the readme before I posted. So I still don't know

is there an api call that resets stats/shares? same thing as pushing "d" than "z". If not can you add one?
API-README
Jump to: