Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 40. (Read 5805508 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

1btc a day Smiley

Fixed. Smiley

I just don't get their priorities, the 20btc they just gave away could fund development for software used by thousands of people, greatly increasing efficiency for all; a lasting, tangible improvement...

/shrug
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I've never been too concerned about the value of the hardware vs the work I've done, until recently.
Over the past year or so it's been all about manufacturers selling hardware to business and the bitcoin community has been pretty much left behind in the dust ... or buying hardware that they'll definitely lose BTC on - so yeah I've not been liking working at slave labour rates so been expecting them to cough up some BTC - also since the hardware is mostly worthless in anything but large quatities running on cheap power in a data center somewhere, it's sometimes a loss for me to get the hardware for dev purposes at home ...

They won't pay for your development, but they do stuff like this (20btc gift to a blog):

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/619249751905546240
Bitmain is happy to support the Neighborhood Pool Watch blog. Thank you, @oocBlog! 20 BTC donation tx: https://blockchain.info/tx/faf600f3d567ea4b0e8291de908e316e9bbe88464c2db42e454cb5d832fc07ba

I think you mentioned in a previous post you asked for 2btc a day to do some work?  So there's 10 days of solid software development thrown at a blog site for what, some fancy graphs?  I don't get it.
1btc a day Smiley
legendary
I've never been too concerned about the value of the hardware vs the work I've done, until recently.
Over the past year or so it's been all about manufacturers selling hardware to business and the bitcoin community has been pretty much left behind in the dust ... or buying hardware that they'll definitely lose BTC on - so yeah I've not been liking working at slave labour rates so been expecting them to cough up some BTC - also since the hardware is mostly worthless in anything but large quatities running on cheap power in a data center somewhere, it's sometimes a loss for me to get the hardware for dev purposes at home ...

They won't pay for your development, but they do stuff like this (20btc gift to a blog):

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/619249751905546240
Bitmain is happy to support the Neighborhood Pool Watch blog. Thank you, @oocBlog! 20 BTC donation tx: https://blockchain.info/tx/faf600f3d567ea4b0e8291de908e316e9bbe88464c2db42e454cb5d832fc07ba

I think you mentioned in a previous post you asked for 2btc 1btc a day to do some work?  So there's 10 20 days of solid software development thrown at a blog site for what, some fancy graphs?  I don't get it.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Ok so this can only be used with BTC on your pools?

It can only be used with ASIC mining hardware and  SHA256 coins.  You can only get support here for ASIC's and Bitcoin.  If you need altcoin help check the alt coin forum.

Also it can be use with any Bitcoin pool or Bitcoin-QT client.
Activity: 603
Merit: 500
Ok so this can only be used with BTC on your pools?
legendary
Im sorry but theres so many pages. How do i get my GPU to do the mining through CGminer? Does this work with crypto coins?
No
legendary
I've put an updated AntS3 update archive in my binaries git hub of latest 4.9.2 cgminer.
For details and installing: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS3

It's an update to the previous AntS3 release I did:

Code:
2015-Jul-7 Update cgminer-ants3-4.9.2-94e04f6-2.tgz
---------------------------------------------------
Update the cgminer init.d script to run ntpd a few times trying to set the date

Add more frequencies to the Web Advanced Settings tab
Warning, the higher frequencies marked with a warning can risk damage

Tested and running on my pool of course Smiley

is there a 4.9.2 version setup and downloadable for the c1's?
No, I've only updated the S1, S2 and added support for the S3.
Activity: 603
Merit: 500
Im sorry but theres so many pages. How do i get my GPU to do the mining through CGminer? Does this work with crypto coins?
legendary
I've put an updated AntS3 update archive in my binaries git hub of latest 4.9.2 cgminer.
For details and installing: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS3

Code:

Lovely, will update the next time my S3+ needs a reboot, thanks again!

I updated my box last night to the most recent 4.9.2 release.  I noticed the following on github, I don't think it was there for the first 4.9.2 release:
If you have any trouble rebooting, power it off, wait 10 seconds then on again

I did not have any trouble rebooting the first time I updated, but with this update when I reboot from ssh the machine didn't reboot - the fan speed gradually decreased, decreased, decreased, shut off, but the box never reboot.  I manually powered off and on and all was well, but I though the failed reboot odd.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Code:

is there a 4.9.2 version setup and downloadable for the c1's?
legendary
I was always wondering, do you get free samples or donations from the manufature? Doesn't seem fait that they make millions while using your software for free.
Firstly I've worked a little different to other devs ... the below refers to me only Smiley

Well my first AntS1 I bought but Bitmain let me in the 1st batch.
My first AntS2 someone else bought for me (not part of Bitmain)
But bitmain have supplied AntS1, AntS3, AntS5 (currently dead), 2xU3 (that's why I know they are so crap), U1s and U2s

Nowhere along the U1/U2/U3 path have they taken any notice of:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/optimal-firmwarehardware-design-for-mining-with-cgminer-294499
Though they definitely knew about that post

I have bought some hardware over the years ... paid 128BTC for my first BFL fpga Tongue
At the time that was well priced and I got it in 1 week, not from BFL, unlike everyone else who spent months after paying waiting for them.

Activity: 968
Merit: 515
I was always wondering, do you get free samples or donations from the manufature? Doesn't seem fait that they make millions while using your software for free.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
I am getting regularly
Code:
SendWork usb write err:(-7) LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT
attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
on latest cgminer-4.9.2-windows running on winusb on antminer U2
what does it mean? is it critical for solo mining scenario?
If it is a "U2" then the problem is one of:
Bad USB cable
Bad USB hub
Connected to USB3 port - try a USB2 port
Failed/overheating U2
Yes, it is U2 (ANT USB 1.2). U2 is downclocked to 200 MHz. Seems the error is because of Logitech USB cable.
Do I loose shares or other data because of error? Are consequences recoverable?
legendary
I am getting regularly
Code:
If it is a "U2" then the problem is one of:
Bad USB cable
Bad USB hub
Connected to USB3 port - try a USB2 port
Failed/overheating U2
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
I am getting regularly
Code:
legendary

Code:

Lovely, will update the next time my S3+ needs a reboot, thanks again!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Downloaded and installed on my S3s.  Thanks again for your work, kano!
legendary

Code:

legendary

You are looking at the 5s number which is borderline random because of how close it is to the average work replies.

Right, and generally what I see reported at 5s doesn't get me excited.  I only mentioned it in the recent posts because I'd never seen it report back as high (or low) as it has been since updating to 4.9.2.

For clarification, my other comments re:500GH and dying down to 480GH after 1-5 days is not looking at the 5s number, obviously, but at the average for the entire uptime.  20 hours since last restart and average hash rate is holding at 506GH/s, all systems go.
legendary
If it's consistent, then it is hashing faster.

Where it starts, depends on the luck in the early time after the start ... up to an hour or so ... then it will gradually average out to the expected rate.
If you are lucky at the start it can be quite high, I've had my S3 mine at around 500GHs for an hour - luck/variance - but eventually it settles down and heads towards 440.

Yes, it consistently hashes faster for one to several days after a restart.  With my overclock settings I should expect it to hash at 500GH/s.  After a day or several days, however, this machine will slowly ratchet down to about 480GH/s.  I like to restart it between 485-490 to keep that extra hash on my side.

I reset it last night and took a screen cap this morning to show it holding 500+ over night, I noticed the 5s hash rate was doing it's crazy swings again so I screen capped it high and low.  Variance I expect, especially right at start up as you mentioned, but a swing of order of magnitude 10X is pretty substantial, wouldn't you say?  Especially after running for over 9 hours.

http://i62.tinypic.com/dgj5t1.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2910pqf.jpg
Well when the pool is expecting a share on average every ~3s and the the internal work is returning nonces at most twice as often as that and at least the same as that - yep 10x is not all that outrageous Smiley

You are looking at the 5s number which is borderline random because of how close it is to the average work replies.
Pages:
Jump to: