Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 43. (Read 5805508 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I've put an AntS3 update archive in my binaries git hub of latest 4.9.2 cgminer.
For details and installing: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS3

This has been tested and run on both an old AntS3 and one of the later AntS3

I don't have an AntS3+ but I suspect it should work fine there also.

The menu frequency settings in the "Miner Configuration" "Advanced Settings" web interface includes default settings for both S3 and S3+

I've, of course, tested it on my pool https://kano.is/

It should also be OK on p2pool since it's the same code related to p2pool as in my AntS1 and AntS2 releases

Please give it a try and let me know if anyone has any trouble with it on AntS3 or AntS3+
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Having a little trouble please advise

AU3 0 attempted reset got error:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS

What is it doing when I get that error and do I need to do anything to fix it?

Thanks -
Keith

Does it keep mining?  Does it change to AU3 1?

I think that's the software resetting the miner.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Having a little trouble please advise

AU3 0 attempted reset got error:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS

What is it doing when I get that error and do I need to do anything to fix it?

Thanks -
Keith
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

"the U3 is a steaming pile of shit and there is only so much software can do to work around it."

I wish CK would just say what he thinks and quit beating around the bush.  Grin

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Were you guys using the batch 2s? Great to know I just dropped $50 on a potential shit heap.... Thanks. I'll play around with it.

Mine has the wire cage, not the dome.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Were you guys using the batch 2s? Great to know I just dropped $50 on a potential shit heap.... Thanks. I'll play around with it.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Just bought an Antminer U3. Cannot get it to run more than 30 seconds before the hash rate drops from 45Gh to about 6Gh. I'm using the latest build, as it seems to be the only one that works with it. my batch file is this:

cgminer -o http://us-east01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u  -p --icarus-timing=short --anu-freq 200

I change any of that and CGminer doesn't even open. I've tried using the basic bmsc lines that were in the user manual, but still nothing works.

What am I doing wrong here Huh  Pretend I'm 5 when explaining.
Don't use icarus timing or anu freq in your batch file as they're useless for the U3. If you want to change the frequency use --au3-freq instead, however try first without any options.

Second - the U3 is a steaming pile of shit and there is only so much software can do to work around it. The least worst you can make it work is by using a different power supply to the brick that it comes with, and get a high quality USB cable instead of the one it comes with and then try again, plugging it into a USB2 port only, not a USB 3 port. It's not uncommon these things die off once a day as ZOMBIE even under those conditions and you need to unplug them and plug them back in again to get them running again.

anecdotally, I've had mine running for 5 days now without becoming a ZOMBIE. It has disconnected twice along the way somewhere because it's now showing as "AU3 2" instead of "AU3 0", but luckily it hasn't hit ZOMBIE.

I'm using the power brick it came with but a better USB cable. I got a replacement power brick but it failed in less than a day. Im also not overclocking at all. When I tried pushing it even slightly harder it would ZOMBIE pretty regularly (in less than a day).

Seems to me the biggest problem with the U3 is quality control. Mine SEEMS to be relatively stable whereas others have had nothing but trouble.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
[snip]I'm using the latest build, [snip] I've tried using the basic bmsc lines that were in the user manual, but still nothing works.

Read the cgminer ASIC readme, not the antminer user manual, and use the correct config parameters for the U3 as ck has mentioned.

See the various U3 support threads and see what a piece of crap machine they are.  Mine are currently paper weights.  Good luck!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Just bought an Antminer U3. Cannot get it to run more than 30 seconds before the hash rate drops from 45Gh to about 6Gh. I'm using the latest build, as it seems to be the only one that works with it. my batch file is this:

cgminer -o http://us-east01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u  -p --icarus-timing=short --anu-freq 200

I change any of that and CGminer doesn't even open. I've tried using the basic bmsc lines that were in the user manual, but still nothing works.

Don't use icarus timing or anu freq in your batch file as they're useless for the U3. If you want to change the frequency use --au3-freq instead, however try first without any options.

Second - the U3 is a steaming pile of shit and there is only so much software can do to work around it. The least worst you can make it work is by using a different power supply to the brick that it comes with, and get a high quality USB cable instead of the one it comes with and then try again, plugging it into a USB2 port only, not a USB 3 port. It's not uncommon these things die off once a day as ZOMBIE even under those conditions and you need to unplug them and plug them back in again to get them running again.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Can I get cgminer to send audible sound like a beep when miners are reaching certain temps say 42c is normal so if the temps climbs to a set point it would give me a signal other then me having to hope I'm walking past and notice there off or to hot.
You write something that uses the API to check the status ...and act on it.
Activity: 14
Can I get cgminer to send audible sound like a beep when miners are reaching certain temps say 42c is normal so if the temps climbs to a set point it would give me a signal other then me having to hope I'm walking past and notice there off or to hot.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
If I were to add more USB devices do I need to reboot or anything or just plug them in and watch them go?

thanks
Just plug them in.

P.S. Don't post repeatedly, just edit your last post.
Thanks for the help getting it displayed Smiley

THANK YOU
I now have the display everyone shows Smiley

If I were to add more USB devices do I need to reboot or anything or just plug them in and watch them go?

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
You might check this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10499888

Try "sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev" and recompile cgminer (--enable-icarus should be fine for your Block Erupter USB). Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
I was trying to add a capture as an attachment but do not see where I am allowed to add attachments....

You can put the image someplace accessible, like dropbox, and use the insert image tags and put the url between them.
Hi - very long thread

I am running a RaspberryPi2 with Raspbian
I compiled with the --enable-icarus option

Should I run ./configure with any other options?

This was what I bought used off ebay -
Bitcoin Miner ASIC Block Erupter USB ASIC Miner UPGRADED SUPER HEAT PADS BTC USB 2.0/3.0
Brand:    ASIC Miner
Processing Speed (GH/s): 333 MHS
Model:    USB MINER
Power Use (W):    2.5
MPN:    BLOCK ERUPTER
Type:    USB Block Erupter
Compatible Currency: Bitcoin, Ixcoin, Peercoin, Zetacoin

I know it is mining - but my screen does not look like any of the other posts....I was trying to add a capture as an attachment but do not see where I am allowed to add attachments....

thanks - Keith
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
Hello,

I have the following miners combined problems,

3 x BXM
2 x BXF

the BXF goes once a day to "ZOMBIE" and don't make a restart (Hotplug ON), only manual Plugin by the USB HUB helps???

Have anyone these combination? I have test Cgminer 4.3.3 and the new 4.9.2 on my Pi1.

THX
Pages:
Jump to: