Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 499. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Hi, sorry for being stupid – What do I put if I don’t want to touch a rather finicky GPU?

Like 5850/5830/5770 with 5830 being faulty – 750,???,900 core, 250,???,250 memory 100,???,100 fan?

I cannot touch any of those without a forced restart. Setting defaults does not work either. Auto gpu/fan restarts as well.

The card works okay with no modification on any kernel/vectors/aggression setting, the only thing is, I cannot overclock the stable cards on the same machine. Or can i (without afterburner's/etc's manual set up)?

TIA.
Just don't give it any gpu parameters and it won't try to set anything. Or if you want to disable all the gpu monitoring entirely, start it with --no-adl

Thank you for a prompt reply.

What i meant is that i need to OC/UC the other two cards through the .bat/autostart without touching the faulty one. (i can only restart, it is difficult for me to manage it remotely with afterburner/etc. on my current soft, and i visit only weekly/less often).

I had tried x, ,x and x,,x  and x,stock,x for memory/core and both of those make the faulty card restart (GPU1).

It works fine with no arguments for core/memory as well as with settings from afterburner for GPU0/GPU2. (I had connected the fan from the mobo to eliminate it, so it does not matter now).

Unfortunately the other cards have to be managed otherwise they are causing restarts.

TIA.

I can think of 3 "solutions" to your cannot be managed/must be managed card combo. So here goes in increasing order of difficulty.

1. Get rid the faulty card. Maybe replace it with something that still works.
2. run 2 instances of CGMiner; one with "-d 1" and the other with "-d 0 -d 2 --auto-fan --auto-gpu  --your-other-options"
3. Adjust the bios defaults on your cards so they default to what you want them to run at. Don't specify any GPU or fan speeds when you start CGMiner so they all run at their modified defaults and let the driver control the fans.

Good luck.
Activity: 591
Merit: 500
"api-groups" : "W:127.0.0.1",
adding that makes cgminer fail saying api-groups invalid parameter.

Try api-allow instead.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Using 2.7.4.

The overheat function doesn't seem to be working right.  I have it set to 85.  Twice I've found it in the low 90s and not making any effort to shut down or cool down.

M
--temp-cutoff (default is 95)

This is in my cgminer.conf.  This isn't enough?

"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",

M

Is the fan working? How many mining threads do you have running?  What is the status and the temperature displayed in the main cgminer window?

Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
"api-groups" : "W:127.0.0.1",
adding that makes cgminer fail saying api-groups invalid parameter.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Thanks for the info. It does sound like miner.php may be a better option but I do have java installed. Sadly I don't think I have ever actually run a java file just compiled and ran using eclipse after I coded them. I should have figured it would be easiest to use java being cross platform and all.

Just short of getting enable and disable working. Will try harder tomorrow.

so far I am using
java API disablepool0
If I add the | it says 0 is an invalid command.
Then you must put it in quotes:
java API "disablepool|0"
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Hi, sorry for being stupid – What do I put if I don’t want to touch a rather finicky GPU?

Like 5850/5830/5770 with 5830 being faulty – 750,???,900 core, 250,???,250 memory 100,???,100 fan?

I cannot touch any of those without a forced restart. Setting defaults does not work either. Auto gpu/fan restarts as well.

The card works okay with no modification on any kernel/vectors/aggression setting, the only thing is, I cannot overclock the stable cards on the same machine. Or can i (without afterburner's/etc's manual set up)?

TIA.
Just don't give it any gpu parameters and it won't try to set anything. Or if you want to disable all the gpu monitoring entirely, start it with --no-adl

Thank you for a prompt reply.

What i meant is that i need to OC/UC the other two cards through the .bat/autostart without touching the faulty one. (i can only restart, it is difficult for me to manage it remotely with afterburner/etc. on my current soft, and i visit only weekly/less often).

I had tried x, ,x and x,,x  and x,stock,x for memory/core and both of those make the faulty card restart (GPU1).

It works fine with no arguments for core/memory as well as with settings from afterburner for GPU0/GPU2. (I had connected the fan from the mobo to eliminate it, so it does not matter now).

Unfortunately the other cards have to be managed otherwise they are causing restarts.

TIA.

Thanks for the info. It does sound like miner.php may be a better option but I do have java installed. Sadly I don't think I have ever actually run a java file just compiled and ran using eclipse after I coded them. I should have figured it would be easiest to use java being cross platform and all.

Just short of getting enable and disable working. Will try harder tomorrow.

so far I am using
java API disablepool0
If I add the | it says 0 is an invalid command.
legendary
It looks like I can adjust cgminer to fix my problem of ~10% stales. If eclipsemc is working well I can run a scan time of about 90. If I use gpumax to pass work to gpumax I need to have scan time set to 30 or less. it does give me around 8 stales in a row I would assume But I hacked it so that I wouldn't get kicked off gpumax by using eclipsemc's diff10 server prior to remembering this setting. I get 1-2 stales. Granted all the accepted are less frequent too. My average stales on that pool went from `9.8 to 9.5 now that isn't great but my overall submission rate is far lower too so the average would take a while to drop. I really didn't want to restart but it would give me numbers earlier.
For a serious question. Would compliling the API C file just require using minGW? I don't really know how to use the MinGW compiler at all so this would likely be a bad idea.
There are quite a few steps to compiling cgminer on windows ... all documented in windows-build.txt that Sharky wrote that comes with cgminer.
So I assume I already have it compiled then. I had hoped by the API readme that I could use some sort of executable to change things. So I either setup php on a computer or my router to get that kind of privelaged access. Apparently the file is API-example.c.
Ah OK.

The api-example.c is one of 4 ways I provided with cgminer to access the API.
It has a comment at the top about how to compile it (that Xiangfu put there)

The 4 are:
1) api-example.c <- this is just a program to send commands to the cgminer API and get replies back in text/json.
2) API.java/API.class <- same as above written in Java (so you just need to have Java on the computer - no compiling needed)
3) api-example.php <- same as above again but written in PHP, so you need PHP on the computer to use it
4) miner.php <- a complete web page (that requires minor or no configuration) to display the status of 1 or more cgminers ... using a web server

Of course on linux there's also
5) Use nc/ncat/netcat to send commands to the API e.g. echo -n summary | nc 127.0.0.1 4028 ; echo

Of those, only miner.php is a complete tool for viewing the API data, while the rest can supply any API data in text dump (or JSON) format that you then need to do something with if you want it to look 'pretty'

To make it simplest for you - use API.class instead of compiling api-example.c - both do exactly the same thing and API.class just needs java installed www.java.com
e.g.
java API summary
java API config 192.168.0.177
java API coin 192.168.0.217 4029
It looks like I can adjust cgminer to fix my problem of ~10% stales. If eclipsemc is working well I can run a scan time of about 90. If I use gpumax to pass work to gpumax I need to have scan time set to 30 or less. it does give me around 8 stales in a row I would assume But I hacked it so that I wouldn't get kicked off gpumax by using eclipsemc's diff10 server prior to remembering this setting. I get 1-2 stales. Granted all the accepted are less frequent too. My average stales on that pool went from `9.8 to 9.5 now that isn't great but my overall submission rate is far lower too so the average would take a while to drop. I really didn't want to restart but it would give me numbers earlier.
For a serious question. Would compliling the API C file just require using minGW? I don't really know how to use the MinGW compiler at all so this would likely be a bad idea.
There are quite a few steps to compiling cgminer on windows ... all documented in windows-build.txt that Sharky wrote that comes with cgminer.
So I assume I already have it compiled then. I had hoped by the API readme that I could use some sort of executable to change things. So I either setup php on a computer or my router to get that kind of privelaged access. Apparently the file is API-example.c.
legendary
legendary
Or if anyone is interested in additions after 2.7.5 Smiley

The master branch in my git has a rather large number of commits I've worked on in the last 24 hours (and a couple before that)
The list is: debug control in the API, generic HW error handling for all devices except ztex, Diff1 information, BFL identify via a led flash, BFL throttle counter in 'notify' and a few other bit and pieces.

The pull request is here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/pull/310 that shows them all.
That is simply my master branch - and each change I've done I keep adding to that pull request.

Anyone interested in any of those additions feel free to compile my master and let me know if you have any problems.
I haven't changed the ztex code coz I don't have any ztex hardware and the original code does some weird shit dealing with HW errors - if someone has a ztex and has time to visit IRC I could add some changes in another branch and get them to test it also.

Thanks for anyone who can test this.

Edit: of course this is what I am running on my 2 rigs - BFL, and ICA+GPU

I built it last night on 32bit Ubuntu 12.04. It's been running for 8hrs and is showing a modest amount of HW errors for my CM1 board.

Looks good Smiley
Thanks! - let me know if you find any problems.
legendary
It there a Plan to implemet queue and Threats in the API?
At the moment the socket queue is 100 but a single thread.
What are you doing with the API that needs more than that? Smiley

Ok i miswrote it.
I dont wont Threat and queue for the API. I want to Set These options over the API like Intensity.

If i Mine with a normal Pool the Standard Setting for these Parameters are ok.

If i Switch to p2pool over the API in an Script, i want to change the Queue And threats too.
Ah OK - Queue, ScanTime and Expiry are certainly no issue to add.
(It currently shows ScanTime, but doesn't let you change it - easy enough to do that)
I'll add them to my list of stuff to be done some time in the future ... or you can prompt me to do it sooner ... Smiley

Adjusting the number of threads ... not in the near future ... cgminer doesn't let you do that through the screen, so doing it via the API might mean a change in the scanhash thread control code ... I'd have to look closer at it ...
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Or if anyone is interested in additions after 2.7.5 Smiley

The master branch in my git has a rather large number of commits I've worked on in the last 24 hours (and a couple before that)
The list is: debug control in the API, generic HW error handling for all devices except ztex, Diff1 information, BFL identify via a led flash, BFL throttle counter in 'notify' and a few other bit and pieces.

The pull request is here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/pull/310 that shows them all.
That is simply my master branch - and each change I've done I keep adding to that pull request.

Anyone interested in any of those additions feel free to compile my master and let me know if you have any problems.
I haven't changed the ztex code coz I don't have any ztex hardware and the original code does some weird shit dealing with HW errors - if someone has a ztex and has time to visit IRC I could add some changes in another branch and get them to test it also.

Thanks for anyone who can test this.

Edit: of course this is what I am running on my 2 rigs - BFL, and ICA+GPU

I built it last night on 32bit Ubuntu 12.04. It's been running for 8hrs and is showing a modest amount of HW errors for my CM1 board.

Looks good Smiley
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!

Ok i miswrote it.
I dont wont Threat and queue for the API. I want to Set These options over the API like Intensity.

If i Mine with a normal Pool the Standard Setting for these Parameters are ok.

If i Switch to p2pool over the API in an Script, i want to change the Queue And threats too.
legendary
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
1) Is that once or over and over again?
Things like a dynamic IP address change, or an OzCoin server DNS switch, or a pool restart can cause that.
2) Try 2.7.5 Smiley

Endlessly, a page of it before I restarted it.

If it happens again I'll upgrade.. I like stability.

Tx,

M
legendary
M
Completely unrelated to using those two options.
We'd need to know about the cgminer version you are using (certain older versions have known issues) and the pool being used and other such information.
Also, that is well known to happen with pools like ABC and GPUMax caused by the pool.

Using 2.7.4 on ozcoin.

M
2 things:
1) Is that once or over and over again?
Things like a dynamic IP address change, or an OzCoin server DNS switch, or a pool restart can cause that.
2) Try 2.7.5 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
M
Completely unrelated to using those two options.
We'd need to know about the cgminer version you are using (certain older versions have known issues) and the pool being used and other such information.
Also, that is well known to happen with pools like ABC and GPUMax caused by the pool.

Using 2.7.4 on ozcoin.

M
Jump to: