Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 501. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Using 2.7.4.

The overheat function doesn't seem to be working right.  I have it set to 85.  Twice I've found it in the low 90s and not making any effort to shut down or cool down.

M
--temp-cutoff (default is 95)

This is in my cgminer.conf.  This isn't enough?

"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",

M
The line of code related to that specifically says if the temp is above temp-cutoff it will change the device status to RECOVERING.
That's why I suggested that.
It will show the device status as 'REST' and give a message as below.
It also requires both --auto-gpu and --auto-fan
It also requires ADL working - which you will see via the GPU showing it's temperature.
Code:
        if (engine && ga->autoengine) {
                if (temp > cgpu->cutofftemp) {
                        applog(LOG_WARNING, "Hit thermal cutoff limit on GPU %d, disabling!", gpu);
                        *denable = DEV_RECOVER;
                        newengine = ga->minspeed;

cgpu->device_last_not_well = time(NULL);
                        cgpu->device_not_well_reason = REASON_DEV_THERMAL_CUTOFF;
                        cgpu->dev_thermal_cutoff_count++;

Edit: of course if there is a bug and it's not working as expected in the current 2.7.5 - yep we'll need to chase it down and fix it.
legendary
could that be a driver issue

The last stable release is 2.7.5. Maybe try an upgrade first? Wink

Don't be an asshat.  2.7.5 is the latest release.  It is not stable for everyone.  Just because it works for you, doesn't mean that everyone else should be using it.

Wow... rough night?

The last stable release in the 2.6 series was 2.6.6. The current last stable release is 2.7.5. Maybe help Kano and Con with debugging info if the versions you are using are stable and the latest ones don't work?
Or if anyone is interested in additions after 2.7.5 Smiley

The master branch in my git has a rather large number of commits I've worked on in the last 24 hours (and a couple before that)
The list is: debug control in the API, generic HW error handling for all devices except ztex, Diff1 information, BFL identify via a led flash, BFL throttle counter in 'notify' and a few other bit and pieces.

The pull request is here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/pull/310 that shows them all.
That is simply my master branch - and each change I've done I keep adding to that pull request.

Anyone interested in any of those additions feel free to compile my master and let me know if you have any problems.
I haven't changed the ztex code coz I don't have any ztex hardware and the original code does some weird shit dealing with HW errors - if someone has a ztex and has time to visit IRC I could add some changes in another branch and get them to test it also.

Thanks for anyone who can test this.

Edit: of course this is what I am running on my 2 rigs - BFL, and ICA+GPU
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Using 2.7.4.

The overheat function doesn't seem to be working right.  I have it set to 85.  Twice I've found it in the low 90s and not making any effort to shut down or cool down.

M

This is in my cgminer.conf.  This isn't enough?

"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",

M
Activity: 349
Merit: 250

Don't be an asshat.  2.7.5 is the latest release.  It is not stable for everyone.  Just because it works for you, doesn't mean that everyone else should be using it.

Wow... rough night?

The last stable release in the 2.6 series was 2.6.6. The current last stable release is 2.7.5. Maybe help Kano and Con with debugging info if the versions you are using are stable and the latest ones don't work?
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?

Don't be an asshat.  2.7.5 is the latest release.  It is not stable for everyone.  Just because it works for you, doesn't mean that everyone else should be using it.

The last "stable release" in my case is 2.6.1., on one of my systems, and 2.5.3 on another.
Activity: 438
reinstalled drivers fixed it
 thx  Smiley
Activity: 349

legendary
Using 2.7.4.

M
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Using 2.7.4.

The overheat function doesn't seem to be working right.  I have it set to 85.  Twice I've found it in the low 90s and not making any effort to shut down or cool down.

M
legendary
Is it possible to point each device to a different pool with one instance of cgminer?
No
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Is it possible to point each device to a different pool with one instance of cgminer?
legendary
Thanks Cheesy

I did actually find it after searching my IRC logs.
ZMX
It seems I did know it back in May from the forum but I had forgotten it.
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
Smiley Funny question from a developer ... me Smiley

Anyone know the 3 letter command to blink/flash the led on the BFL?
e.g. the temperature command is 'ZLX' but I can't seem to find the blink command anywhere on the forum and BFL were far from helpful the first time I asked them for command details coz I also requested the details of the 'ZAX' command to upload firmware (so they replied with no details about anything at all - back in May)

I'm sitting here coding up a blink option through the API only to get to the line where I send the command and then realise ... I've no idea what it is ... and then wasted an hour searching the forum and my email Smiley

Kano, I sent you an e-mail with the most recent API interface details for BFL devices in it.  It should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks.
legendary
Smiley Funny question from a developer ... me Smiley

Anyone know the 3 letter command to blink/flash the led on the BFL?
e.g. the temperature command is 'ZLX' but I can't seem to find the blink command anywhere on the forum and BFL were far from helpful the first time I asked them for command details coz I also requested the details of the 'ZAX' command to upload firmware (so they replied with no details about anything at all - back in May)

I'm sitting here coding up a blink option through the API only to get to the line where I send the command and then realise ... I've no idea what it is ... and then wasted an hour searching the forum and my email Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
This is a quick heads up to tell you all that I'll be taking a brief break from development and support for cgminer due to a family tragedy. I will not be receiving notifications from the forum nor checking on messages for a little while, so please use the resources of the many other helpful people on these forums. Thanks.

I'm really sorry to hear about this as well.  Take care of your family business.
Take Care,
Sam
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
This is a quick heads up to tell you all that I'll be taking a brief break from development and support for cgminer due to a family tragedy. I will not be receiving notifications from the forum nor checking on messages for a little while, so please use the resources of the many other helpful people on these forums. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that. (the tragedy, not you taking a holiday).
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
New version: 2.7.5, 31st August 2012
- Revert "Pick worksize 256 with Cypress if none is specified."

Thanks for removing that, I thought it was just me. Cheesy

However, on Cypress and SDK 2.7 I'm getting better throughput using:
"vectors" : "4",
"kernel" : "phatk",

instead of the suggested default values of cgminer for that card type, i.e.
"vectors" : "2",
"kernel" : "diablo",

Can anybody else confirm that?

I'm using SDK 2.5 with my Cypress and my command line is

-k phatk -v 2 -w 256

That gets me slightly better performance than what I had with CGMiner 2.4.0.

When I tried -v 4 performance was significantly worse for me.
Sam
Jump to: