Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 498. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
hey kano,

I'm talking about mac os x Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
libudev-dev ... ?

and ... fyi
Code:
root@erio:~# apt-cache policy libudev-dev libusb-dev
libusb-dev:
  Installed: 2:0.1.12-17
  Candidate: 2:0.1.12-17
  Version table:
 *** 2:0.1.12-17 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
libudev-dev:
  Installed: 167-0ubuntu3
  Candidate: 167-0ubuntu3
  Version table:
 *** 167-0ubuntu3 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
root@erio:~#
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
CGMiner 2.7.5 fails to build under mac osx 10.8 with installed macports if I run ./configure with --enable-ztex
because of libusb, even though it is installed:

checking libudev.h usability... no
checking libudev.h presence... no
checking for libudev.h... no
checking for libusb_init in -lusb-1.0... no
configure: error: Could not find usb library - please install libusb

#port list libusb
libusb                         @1.0.9          devel/libusb

It builds fine without --enable-ztex though..

Any thoughts ?
legendary
If you use miner.php ... and give it access to the restart button ... then just press restart.
My address is in my sig Cheesy

it sounds so simple...but...they said that about getting a CM1 board stable as well.

I will DL from GITHUB tonight and have a go at getting it running...if all goes well...a fee for service will becoming your way  Smiley
I wrote miner.php (and the API and API-README)
The file API-README includes a lot of details at the end about how to use miner.php
Those 2 files are in every release of cgminer.
Of course the latest 2 on GIT would, however, be best if you don't have the latest cgminer.

Edit: if you have trouble setting it up, come visit FreeNode IRC #cgminer
ckolivas and I are also in Aus (like you) so similar timezone also
(though ckolivas is absent at the moment as he mentioned already)
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
CGMINER recommendation / request....Not sure were the correct place is so I will just chuck the idea out there.

Is it possible to set a "rescan" function within cgminer? e.g. set the miner rescan ports every 30min in an effort to restart mining hardware that has gone offline..

Typical scenario.
As someone with a day job, I am AFK at least 10 hours per day. I watch my mining rates via my pool and sigh when I note a miner has dropped off (CM1 not GPUs typically). I then call my wife, hoping she is home, so she can reset the mining operations by closing cgminer and firing it up again. BUT, if we had a rescan / restart "OFF" mining hardware, then a lot of heart ache could be avoided.

I am prepared to chuck some coins towards someone whom can do this or point out that function if it already exists.

If you use miner.php ... and give it access to the restart button ... then just press restart.

it sounds so simple...but...they said that about getting a CM1 board stable as well.

I will DL from GITHUB tonight and have a go at getting it running...if all goes well...a fee for service will becoming your way  Smiley
legendary
CGMINER recommendation / request....Not sure were the correct place is so I will just chuck the idea out there.

Is it possible to set a "rescan" function within cgminer? e.g. set the miner rescan ports every 30min in an effort to restart mining hardware that has gone offline..

Typical scenario.
As someone with a day job, I am AFK at least 10 hours per day. I watch my mining rates via my pool and sigh when I note a miner has dropped off (CM1 not GPUs typically). I then call my wife, hoping she is home, so she can reset the mining operations by closing cgminer and firing it up again. BUT, if we had a rescan / restart "OFF" mining hardware, then a lot of heart ache could be avoided.

I am prepared to chuck some coins towards someone whom can do this or point out that function if it already exists.

Activity: 810

Typical scenario.

legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
I have been getting app crash's the last few days.  I'm pretty sure it is only when I'm running balance that it crash's.  Anyone else have that trouble?

My 5830 is running just fine and then I get the app crash and there are a bunch of hardware errors.  I have run this for weeks at a time before without getting any HW Errors.

CGMiner 2.7.5
Win 7 32 bit

Thanks,
Sam
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Hello everyone, I am using ckolivas's cg miner with an nvidia geforce gt520 and I don't believe I am getting the MH/s rates I shouls be getting as I am currently getting 10.4 - 14.3 MH/s which is pretty much the same speeds I get from my laptop cpu (intel t4400). My current command line is:

"cgminer.exe -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u c4n10 -p password --gpu-engine 800 --auto-fan --gpu-memclock 800 --gpu-vddc 0.900 --intensity 9"

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Sounds about right. nvidia is garbage
legendary
Think for yourself
Hello everyone, I am using ckolivas's cg miner with an nvidia geforce gt520 and I don't believe I am getting the MH/s rates I shouls be getting as I am currently getting 10.4 - 14.3 MH/s which is pretty much the same speeds I get from my laptop cpu (intel t4400). My current command line is:

"cgminer.exe -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u c4n10 -p password --gpu-engine 800 --auto-fan --gpu-memclock 800 --gpu-vddc 0.900 --intensity 9"

The right direction is to get an AMD GPU if you want to GPU mine.  Nvidia GPU's aren't good for Bitcoin mining.
Sam

Edit: To answer your question a bit better check the mining hardware comparison.  There is one GT520 listed and it gets 8.9Mhs, so you are doing better than others who have tried that GPU.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

That is pretty sad... So my brand new desktop gpu stands no chance of out-performing my 2 year old laptop cpu...?

Doesn't look like it.  Like I said if you want to GPU mine get an AMD/ATI GPU.  If you have a spare PCIe slot you can add one and mine on it while you still use your Nvidia card for gaming and whatever else you do at the same time.

Or look at the top of that Hardware Comparison chart link to see what FPGA options are available.  They will use much less power.

At 10 Mhs it will take a long time to get anywhere.
Sam
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

The right direction is to get an AMD GPU if you want to GPU mine.  Nvidia GPU's aren't good for Bitcoin mining.
Sam

Edit: To answer your question a bit better check the mining hardware comparison.  There is one GT520 listed and it gets 8.9Mhs, so you are doing better than others who have tried that GPU.

That is pretty sad... So my brand new desktop gpu stands no chance of out-performing my 2 year old laptop cpu...?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Has anyone else noticed a higher amount of stale/rejected shares with the newer versions of cgminer?

with 2.7.4 i get Huge 'efficency' but instead of <1% stales im turning in 4-5%!!!

Is this my pool and me not connecting to it fast enough for somereason (like low intensity?) Or is it the Non 2.6.6 version to blame?
legendary
Think for yourself

Sam

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

I did, yesterday all 30 odd pages and I did it twice. So, did I miss it?----- is there something particular you are try to draw my attention to?

Activity: 988

Can anybody please tell me what it  is that I have not right here?

On a USB HDD I have a new install Ubuntu 12.04 amd64, a new install of 12.6 drivers (amd-driver-12-6-x86_64.run) installed with the “run” installer. Installed CGMiner-2.7.5 from the “built” version. Extracted in the directory same way as I have been doing for months.
CGMiner runs as usual on BTC (a truly great piece of work) 

However if I try to use “scrypt” for LTC I get these errors. Can somebody please tell me what that means --- in simple terms. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[2012-09-09 16:34:18] Started cgminer 2.7.5
          undefined
        const uint xSIZE = CONCURRENT_THREADS;
                           ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "/tmp/OCLFqZLWF.cl".

Internal error: clc compiler invocation failed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is it I have screwed up?
Thanks

Read the thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attn-litecoin-gpu-miners-scrypt-support-for-cgminer-92887
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

Can anybody please tell me what it  is that I have not right here?

On a USB HDD I have a new install Ubuntu 12.04 amd64, a new install of 12.6 drivers (amd-driver-12-6-x86_64.run) installed with the “run” installer. Installed CGMiner-2.7.5 from the “built” version. Extracted in the directory same way as I have been doing for months.
CGMiner runs as usual on BTC (a truly great piece of work) 

However if I try to use “scrypt” for LTC I get these errors. Can somebody please tell me what that means --- in simple terms. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[2012-09-09 16:34:18] Started cgminer 2.7.5
          undefined
        const uint xSIZE = CONCURRENT_THREADS;
                           ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "/tmp/OCLFqZLWF.cl".

Internal error: clc compiler invocation failed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is it I have screwed up?
Thanks
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Hi miners (particularly solo)  Smiley

I use 2.7.5 from the beginning, no issue, congratulations Ckolivas!

I mine solo (small 7970 rigs farm), without the block (with 2.7.5).
Till now - elapsed digging time - 860% expected time.

Just I have such bad luck with this version CGminer and graphics card mining?

Panda Mouse.
Probably, pools with many more GH/s than you have had luck that bad from time to time.  There could be network issues or bitcoind issues involved, but probably not cgminer issues since other people mining on pools are having performance as good or better than ever.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Gliding...
Hi miners (particularly solo)  Smiley

I use 2.7.5 from the beginning, no issue, congratulations Ckolivas!

I mine solo (small 7970 rigs farm), without the block (with 2.7.5).
Till now - elapsed digging time - 860% expected time.

Just I have such bad luck with this version CGminer and graphics card mining?

Panda Mouse.

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Thank you. Allow worked fine. Not sure why groups didn't but it isn't a group so either way. It works!
Jump to: