Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 554. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
there was a keylogger in the windows binaries download
That's your antivirus application being retarded. As long as you downloaded it from the official links in the original post, there is no malware at all.

I did download it from the original link and I get a keylogger hit when downloading and when I try to open the archive. Could be Mcaffee just being weird but I have the latest defs and it would be nice to know why this download generates the flag as other people might have the same concern
McCrappy is useless shit, unfortunately. You could see if there is a way to submit some info to them to tell them that they are wrong.

Well I do not know for sure that my virus software, Trend Micro, is wrong (thought it was McAfee at first glance). I trust that you believe that to be the case, but I am passing the information along so it can be looked at from the file hosters end and verified.
It's even in the FAQ in the included README.txt

The Readme.txt would indeed be instructive if my Virus software allowed me to open the archive file, which it did not because it thought the download was infected  - hence the concern

PS That was not me you explained it to previously it was stevegee58

thanks

David
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
That's your antivirus application being retarded. As long as you downloaded it from the official links in the original post, there is no malware at all.

I did download it from the original link and I get a keylogger hit when downloading and when I try to open the archive. Could be Mcaffee just being weird but I have the latest defs and it would be nice to know why this download generates the flag as other people might have the same concern
McCrappy is useless shit, unfortunately. You could see if there is a way to submit some info to them to tell them that they are wrong.

Well I do not know for sure that my virus software, Trend Micro, is wrong (thought it was McAfee at first glance). I trust that you believe that to be the case, but I am passing the information along so it can be looked at from the file hosters end and verified.
It's even in the FAQ in the included README.txt

Dood I already explained to you in another thread that there is no keylogger in cgminer.
It's a false positive caused by the tool that the author uses to build cgminer for windows.

Just download it and use it.  If you get tired of having your AV program complain about it just add it to the whitelist.

I do not recall the "other thread" you are referring to. I understand the explanation that was given. It seemed like a legitimate concern . Asked and answered  - thank you
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

Dood I already explained to you in another thread that there is no keylogger in cgminer.
It's a false positive caused by the tool that the author uses to build cgminer for windows.

Just download it and use it.  If you get tired of having your AV program complain about it just add it to the whitelist.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

It will do no good all them fools look for is the cgminer since in the past perhaps even now botnet bastards have included it in their malware they install on peoples machines. So even though many have reported the false positive the clowns in the AV industry have just kept up with the brain dead idea that cgminer = virus/malware no matter how you install it.

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

this is the hit everytime I try to download it from the original link on page one of this thread:

http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/ArchiveGrayware.aspx?language=us&name=SPYW_KEYLOGGER

rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Activity: 349
Activity: 591
So I've been thinking about the hashrate problem that popped up after updating to Ubuntu 12.04. My display GPU is consistently at 84% usage (~30 MH/s less than normal) and from what I've heard, this isn't an SDK problem because the SDK is just used for compiling the kernels (I still have my old kernel that was working fine). Is this then an AMD driver issue? Did my driver get updated when I updated to 12.04? I'm not sure how to check the driver version on Ubuntu.

EDIT: Alright, I think I found the driver version; the Ubuntu software center is showing fglrx 8.960 (12.4 is 8.961). So if I can just get that downgraded to 12.1, maybe that'll fix it.
Activity: 658
in 2.4.3 sometimes a miner will "crash" but still be hashing, just not submitting shares. Stats on api still update, mhash changes on every refresh but no work gets done.

for all purposes the miner looks up, its not marked dead or sick.

it's frustrating. seen it 3 times now on different boxes.

never had an issue with 2.4.2. I may roll back some of my miners.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
MMM EXTRA - THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS THE GOAL
I have run my CGminer about 7 days, and i have about 11 Rigs with 5x 5850 and until today morning i found that some of my CGminer Freeze and stop sending share and i found some funny figure when i freeze something like "LW:50" and high figure around beside "LW"

where some of my CGminer still running fine thich is "LW:0"

you can see that on top of the cgminer !

anyone pls help

i cannot provide screen shot because it is not convenient and it is far from my house to warehouse

so anyone pls help if it happen again i will get the screen shot

sry for my English !
The LW value is almost certainly completely unrelated. If it crashes at approximately 7 days, then you are being hit by the ATI Display Library crashing after a week bug that happens only on windows. Try starting cgminer with --no-restart . You will lose temperature and/or fanspeed monitoring after a week but it at least wont crash.

I have tried the --no-restart but still no luck cg miner crash after 7 days

and some of my miner appear something like gpu2 display driver corrupted, disabling monitoring fan/gpu control  ................ and then it freeze the same

please i need solution for this anyone please tell me !

I have run CGminer 2.4.2

i start it at 13 jun and it is still crash at 20 jun 2012 but the strange things is it some of my rig just freeze

and some of them appear massage like GPU 0 driver stop working or corrupted disabling fan speed control and after that it still freeze

i have 5 rigs 2 of them just freeze 3 of them appear the GPU 0 driver stop working or corrupted disabling fan speed control and after that it still freeze

but this time i dont put the --no-restart

omg i really need to learn linux and get this fixed ?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
"C:\Program Files (x86)\cgminer\cgminer-2.4.3-win32\cgminer.exe" -S COM4 cgminer -o http://us.ozco.in:8332 -u *** -p *** -I 9 --auto-fan --gpu-engine 900 --gpu-memclock 300

Note that "cgminer" is the same thing on non-windows as "cgminer.exe" is on windows, so it's not meaningful to include it there.

Make sure you're not loading a configuration file unintentionally (which it does by default if it finds one) by starting it from a dos prompt instead of a shortcut to see what is happening until you sort things out. If clocks are fixed at some low rate, usually that's an open web browser or something that is fixing the clock speed for fucked up flash usage or youboob or some shit, so closing web browsers usually fixes it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
I did some searching, but could not quite figure this out...

I have a BitForce Single and a 5830 running in a windows 7 machine.

I am trying to get the 5830 to overclock/underclock and have not been able to.

I try this in the shortcut's target box and it doesnt open.  It just flashes and closes quickly:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\cgminer\cgminer-2.4.3-win32\cgminer.exe" -S COM4 cgminer -o http://us.ozco.in:8332 -u *** -p *** -I 9 --auto-fan --gpu-engine 900 --gpu-memclock 300

I try this in the shortcut's target box and it does open and starts mining.  But the 5830 does not take the clocks.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\cgminer\cgminer-2.4.3-win32\cgminer.exe" -S COM4 -o http://us.ozco.in:8332 -u *** -p *** -I 9 --auto-fan --gpu-engine 900 --gpu-memclock 300

Notice that the difference is I deleted the 'cgminer'. 

After trial and error I have found that I cannot get it to open with 'cgminer' in there like the examples show.  If I delete cgminer it opens and mins at stock clocks.  I try moving the '-S COM4' to the end, and just after the pool, no good.

Any ideas?  Thanks!
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
The trick is to use this:
Code:
CFLAGS += -g -Wall -D _XOPEN_SOURCE=600

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
This is the Output from configure
Code:
checking for alloca... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for json_loads in -ljansson... no

So, it seems so, that the platform has.

Pthread create doesn't mean it supports all the pthread features, in this case read write locks the same way. Anyway it appears to be struggling with a pointer to the pthread read write lock typedef. No idea how they implement it on that platform or why it wouldn't like a pointer.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
This is the Output from configure
Code:
checking for alloca... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for json_loads in -ljansson... no

So, it seems so, that the platform has.
Jump to: