Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 6. (Read 5805221 times)

legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

Does this tool support macbooks? And I can not distinguish how to dig with the CPU and how to dig with the GPU, these two categories are quite different right? Not yet clear
 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

As you surely already have read in this same topic, this tool doesn't suppor neither CPU's neither GPU's.
Wrong tool, wrong forum topic.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself

Code:
 Connected to s1.theblocksfactory.com diff 2.05K with stratum as user XXXXX
 Block: 5d1ffee6...  Diff:677M  Started: [01:44:34.463]  Best share: 104

[U]SB management [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 0: AU3 0       : 225MHz 775mV            | ZOMBIE

Your best share is only 104 and the pool difficulty is 2.05k.  So your not going to submit a share until your miner generates a share higher than 2050.  Also your miner has Zombie'd so you probably need to unplug it an plug it back in.  Make sure your using a Powered USB hub capable of providing the power your miner needs.  I have no idea what that is for a U2/3.

Your getting there anyway.
legendary
Think for yourself
Please, tell me what I need to do here.

[2018-01-02 00:10:12.738] See README.txt file included for help

[2018-01-02 00:10:13.048] You need to install a WinUSB driver for - BSC device 3:2
 [2018-01-02 00:10:13.048] And associate - BSC device 3:2 with WinUSB using zadig

Well, let's see.  It's just a guess, but I would suggest reading the readme.txt file that came with CGMiner and then install the WinUSB driver and associate it with your device using the Zadig utility.
legendary
Think for yourself
Hey Guys,

Can somebody guide me with this issue

I need to use my Antminer D3 to solo mine for a wallet on my PC,they are all connected on the same network
I read here a lot of comments but I'm little bit confused,so please write the steps clearly as i'm not and expert

Thinks in advance

Your posting about an Alt Coin miner in the Bitcoin section.  You should be asking for support from the manufacture or posting in the Alt Coin section.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.  Worked like a charm, helps when you have the correct command, and put it in the right place.
Thank you
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
You need to start cgminer with the --compac-freq 200 option.
Like ./cgminer --compac-freq 200
Or you save this setting inside the config file you use.
Like this:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://connect.pool.bitcoin.com:3333",
                "user" : "USERNAME",
                "pass" : "PASSWORD"
        }
],
"gekko-2pac-freq" : "200.0"
}

Edit: I just realized, that you use the --compac-freq option. I think you need to use the 2pac option --gekko-2pac-freq.
Activity: 7
Hey all, I am dusting off my old rpi and gekko 2pacs to get back into mining.  want to get more familiar with everything again before investing big bucks back into an S9 or two. 
So they are currently running fine on Cgminer, about 11-12 Gh/s each.  My question is, and I flipped though a lot of these posts to find my answer and could not, how can I overclock these puppies?

I saw the cd in the read me file, and on the 1st sticky here: --compac-freq Set GekkoScience Compac frequency in MHz, range 100-500 (default: 150.0)
so in cgminer Settings and enter cgminer.config then I enter --compac-freq <200>

entry not recognized

sorry not at my Pi so this is the best i could remember.  any help is appreciated. 
legendary
SUGGESTION:

Could someone program CGMINER (I can write it too if you'd like) so that if all ASIC miners have disappeared, some shell script is run?
I'd like to reboot if that's the case to prevent dead air time.

PS: I've been an OS/2 supporter and lover for a long time until IBM quit it. I still have shareware utils that I wrote under OS2. After that, I switched to Linux.

Many thanks,
  -turgut

CGMiner is pretty resilient when a device zombies.  You probably need to find out why it's "disappearing" in the first place.

The latest version of OS/2 is called ArcaOS which was release in May of this year.  Check it out for nostalgia if nothing else Smiley

Thanks! The DEVICE itself is crappy -- Antminer U3. It goes zombie or disappears altogether once in a while.. Nothing wrong with CGMiner..
That's why I need a way to restart when that happens.. I even wrote code + hardware to power off and on the antminers at startup!

Wow, ArcaOS - I didn't know that.. Thanks a lot Smiley
I did install regular Warp once under Linux Virtualbox, and it ran fine Smiley

Have you considered it might be an underpowered usb port? Have you tried a powered usb hub?
Even so, the problem isn't in the CGMiner itself but perhaps in that particular combination of hardware or in the miner itself.
Activity: 25
SUGGESTION:

Could someone program CGMINER (I can write it too if you'd like) so that if all ASIC miners have disappeared, some shell script is run?

PS: I've been an OS/2 supporter and lover for a long time until IBM quit it. I still have shareware utils that I wrote under OS2. After that, I switched to Linux.

Many thanks,
  -turgut

CGMiner is pretty resilient when a device zombies.  You probably need to find out why it's "disappearing" in the first place.

The latest version of OS/2 is called ArcaOS which was release in May of this year.  Check it out for nostalgia if nothing else Smiley

Thanks! The DEVICE itself is crappy -- Antminer U3. It goes zombie or disappears altogether once in a while.. Nothing wrong with CGMiner..
That's why I need a way to restart when that happens.. I even wrote code + hardware to power off and on the antminers at startup!

Wow, ArcaOS - I didn't know that.. Thanks a lot Smiley
I did install regular Warp once under Linux Virtualbox, and it ran fine Smiley

legendary
Think for yourself
SUGGESTION:

Many thanks,
  -turgut

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Does the reboot help then? In my experience, if a miner disappears, you need to disconnect them shortly.
I think, if they disappear, there might be an issue with your configuration. Maybe a power issue? What miners are you running? USB miners?
Activity: 25
SUGGESTION:

Many thanks,
  -turgut
legendary
Think for yourself
Can i mining alt coin with this ? i use cpu AMD r7 a10-7850k ,4c+8g(4CPU's)`3,7GHz

No.
Read the top post as it explains this in detail.
legendary
Excuse me, if it is unclear. I am Brazilian Smiley My question is if it's necessary to use this mining software to create a namecoin? I'm very confused. And my pc don't have a good video board. Windows 10 use generic driver to run on it. Thank you! Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26795608

Feliz Natal!
Activity: 13
Oh, and don't forget the ones for raspberry Pi.
Something tells me your device might be running on some kind of ARM board.

You're right, it's an ARM board.  It has a Micro SD card slot I could use to re-flash the thing if I knew how:

1) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S82HloQ90-H2iG63PuIsFjOvMiYsZuFp
2) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gYexLHAHFDGcM-3Mi-BRjmYlweBu32ya

legendary
New Miner here,
Just a quick setup question,
I have 2 GPU's in my system, and I would like to only run 1 at a time, so I can turn one off to play games etc, can I run 2 instances of this program like that?
And if so, could someone provide the command line options to do that,
Thanks

Filthy... wrong topic... there is no GPU support in CGMiner... Only ASICS and those stated on README file.
legendary
Oh, and don't forget the ones for raspberry Pi.
Something tells me your device might be running on some kind of ARM board.
legendary
But before you send it, I can't stress enough why you should first read this topic all from the first post.
You'l be able to learn, perhaps make some basic troubleshoot based on others experience and understand how CGMiner works/should work.
That way you will gather knowledge to not be cheated by the manufacturer and also, for future buys!
I know it is hard... damn... 843 pages... but fret not, you may safely disregard some posts and focus only on the main ones.
If you understand how CGMiner works in this original release, than you'll be able to counter argument whatever manufacturer that tries to pull your leg!
Activity: 13
I have a WhatsMiner M3 that runs CGMiner 4.9.2.
The official cgminer that I maintain and provide support for on this forum thread contains no M3 code. Seek help from whomever maintains your forked cgminer.

I'm not sure the device has or needs specific code.  It's simply running the CGMiner software inside a small Linux kernel.  As it runs CGMiner 4.9.2 I figured here would be the right place to come for support.  At minimum it is too much to ask for some asisstance in understanding how to perform diagnostics on this thing using the features built into CGMiner 4.9.2 ?
Yes. The device DOES need specific code written by those who made the device.
You should ask them for the support, not here, since they picked CGMiner's source and modified it to work on their hardware.

Ok fair enough.  I was hoping this forum would be able to assist since it is the support thread for CGMiner.  This is for a WhatsMiner M3, I had no way of knowing support would be limited or that the device would not come with a user manual.  I would really appreciate some assistance on the CGMiner part but if no one is willing to help me then what's the purpose of this CGMiner thread?  It is a thread for CGMiner on the various operating systems, not so?  At a basic level I'm asking for assistance on the CGMiner software to help me understand what features inherent to the software I could use to perform diagnaostics.

You are getting it wrong...
This thread is to support CGMINER.
CGMiner ONLY supports the hardware listed on http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/README
Have you seen any M3 there?
If you pick the source from the repository and modify it and sell it, how the hell could ever ck (or anyone else) help any of your customers with the modifications you made and compiled?!
And why is that hard to contact the manufacturer and ask for the support you bought them?!
You should have read the 842 pages in this topic before being so rude on that last comment of yours.
It's not ck fault you bought unsupported hardware.
And if you had read all the topic you would know why it is unsuported and why this is the wrong place to ask for support.

I'm not being rude.  I have said nothing to inflame, or anger or reduce.  I am simply asking for assistance.  Like any newcomer to a subject, I am reaching out to learn.  I imagine I am not the first newcome to Bitcoin mining technologies and if I make a mistake along the way or make choices along the way that is not inline with what the rest of the community is doing then one refers to that as a learning curve.  I know now the hardware is not supported, how was i to know?  So, I don't need to be bashed about my choice, some guidance would be more appropriate I think.  I expect nothing from CK or anyone else, I am respectfully asking for help as I have made an investment, an expensive one, and I am trying to get it to work.  

As for the manufacturer, I did contact them and there has been some dialogue but it seems very limited and while that may be a lesson in itself, there was no way that I would have known everything about CGMiner or the state of the art regarding Bitcoin mining.  You yourself and everyone here started at the same place I have started at, from zero knowing nothing about Bitcoin and mining.  Over time, you have learned which is what I am trying to do.  So relax a little and guide me please as I am here in the context of an interested person trying to learn more, not be told I am being rude, because I think you will find that I was not.

Ok, the point is this: The CGMiner software can only handle what has been hard coded to it.
It has been hardcoded by CK on it based on the hardware he had his ands on.
This is this post objective.

Many others have picken up the software, made a product around it with specific hardware and hard coded the drivers in their compilation.
And that's why no one else can take a shot on it.
Your only hope is on topics specific to that hardware.
If it isn't detected, then there is no tool inside CGMiner that could remotely give a cue on.
As you've read in the readme file you have
U gives you:

[S ]ummary of device information
[E]nable device
[D]isable device
[U ]nplug to allow hotplug restart
[R]eset device USB
[L ]ist all known devices
[B ]lacklist current device from current instance of cgminer
[W]hitelist previously blacklisted device
[H]otplug interval (0 to disable)

But that's the basic for the original software with supported hardware (made by ck or forked by anyone else).
When they fork, they could even remove that option.
That's why you have to somehow pressure the manufacturer or ask for other's experience on the adequate topic, as this has nothing to do with CGMiner software but with somebody elses implementation of it.
Even the message you posted on the other topic clearly states a modified CGMiner.
And even so, it seems defective hardware that should be sent back to the manufacturer.
I do hope you find your answer and I do wish the best of luck to you but just mind that although it says "CGMiner" it isn't this CGMiner.
It should be called something else and clearly say "based on CGMiner".

Thank you for the explanation, that is very helpful.  I understand a whole lot more about the implementation.  I thought maybe CGWatcher could give some insight as well as Awesome miner but without CGMiner started on this device, I can't seem to get API access enabled which means these tools will not work.  I have sent the logs to the manufacturer support team, hoping they will help me possibly factory reset the device.  If all else fails, I will have to arrange for the device to be sent back to China for repair or replacement.

Thanks again for the explanation mate :-)
legendary
I have a WhatsMiner M3 that runs CGMiner 4.9.2.
The official cgminer that I maintain and provide support for on this forum thread contains no M3 code. Seek help from whomever maintains your forked cgminer.

I'm not sure the device has or needs specific code.  It's simply running the CGMiner software inside a small Linux kernel.  As it runs CGMiner 4.9.2 I figured here would be the right place to come for support.  At minimum it is too much to ask for some asisstance in understanding how to perform diagnostics on this thing using the features built into CGMiner 4.9.2 ?
Yes. The device DOES need specific code written by those who made the device.
You should ask them for the support, not here, since they picked CGMiner's source and modified it to work on their hardware.

Ok fair enough.  I was hoping this forum would be able to assist since it is the support thread for CGMiner.  This is for a WhatsMiner M3, I had no way of knowing support would be limited or that the device would not come with a user manual.  I would really appreciate some assistance on the CGMiner part but if no one is willing to help me then what's the purpose of this CGMiner thread?  It is a thread for CGMiner on the various operating systems, not so?  At a basic level I'm asking for assistance on the CGMiner software to help me understand what features inherent to the software I could use to perform diagnaostics.

You are getting it wrong...
This thread is to support CGMINER.
CGMiner ONLY supports the hardware listed on http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/README
Have you seen any M3 there?
If you pick the source from the repository and modify it and sell it, how the hell could ever ck (or anyone else) help any of your customers with the modifications you made and compiled?!
And why is that hard to contact the manufacturer and ask for the support you bought them?!
You should have read the 842 pages in this topic before being so rude on that last comment of yours.
It's not ck fault you bought unsupported hardware.
And if you had read all the topic you would know why it is unsuported and why this is the wrong place to ask for support.

I'm not being rude.  I have said nothing to inflame, or anger or reduce.  I am simply asking for assistance.  Like any newcomer to a subject, I am reaching out to learn.  I imagine I am not the first newcome to Bitcoin mining technologies and if I make a mistake along the way or make choices along the way that is not inline with what the rest of the community is doing then one refers to that as a learning curve.  I know now the hardware is not supported, how was i to know?  So, I don't need to be bashed about my choice, some guidance would be more appropriate I think.  I expect nothing from CK or anyone else, I am respectfully asking for help as I have made an investment, an expensive one, and I am trying to get it to work.  

As for the manufacturer, I did contact them and there has been some dialogue but it seems very limited and while that may be a lesson in itself, there was no way that I would have known everything about CGMiner or the state of the art regarding Bitcoin mining.  You yourself and everyone here started at the same place I have started at, from zero knowing nothing about Bitcoin and mining.  Over time, you have learned which is what I am trying to do.  So relax a little and guide me please as I am here in the context of an interested person trying to learn more, not be told I am being rude, because I think you will find that I was not.

Ok, the point is this: The CGMiner software can only handle what has been hard coded to it.
It has been hardcoded by CK on it based on the hardware he had his ands on.
This is this post objective.

Many others have picken up the software, made a product around it with specific hardware and hard coded the drivers in their compilation.
And that's why no one else can take a shot on it.
Your only hope is on topics specific to that hardware.
If it isn't detected, then there is no tool inside CGMiner that could remotely give a cue on.
As you've read in the readme file you have
U gives you:

[S ]ummary of device information
[E]nable device
[D]isable device
[U ]nplug to allow hotplug restart
[R]eset device USB
[L ]ist all known devices
[B ]lacklist current device from current instance of cgminer
[W]hitelist previously blacklisted device
[H]otplug interval (0 to disable)

But that's the basic for the original software with supported hardware (made by ck or forked by anyone else).
When they fork, they could even remove that option.
That's why you have to somehow pressure the manufacturer or ask for other's experience on the adequate topic, as this has nothing to do with CGMiner software but with somebody elses implementation of it.
Even the message you posted on the other topic clearly states a modified CGMiner.
And even so, it seems defective hardware that should be sent back to the manufacturer.
I do hope you find your answer and I do wish the best of luck to you but just mind that although it says "CGMiner" it isn't this CGMiner.
It should be called something else and clearly say "based on CGMiner".
Pages:
Jump to: