Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 8. (Read 5805221 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi everyone,

I'm posting here cause I think my problem is related to cgminer.
Indeed, I bought an old antminer U3 for bitcoin mining (just as a hobby). I had followed all the procedures with the CP210x driver and Zadig. I had disable all the firewall and antivirus/antimalware software.
Windows can detect the device with the right driver.

But cg miner keep displaying "USB init, open device failed, err -12".

I'm joining to this post some screenshots.

I really think the problem is coming from cgminer and the device.

I'm using windows 10, 64bit. I tried with cgminer 4.10, 4.9 and 4.8.
The command line for the batch is simple :

cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.slushpool.com:3333 -u hurtol.worker1 -p Password --au3-volt 810 --au3-freq 250
pause

And the screenshot :
http://hpics.li/3217890

http://hpics.li/f3a91b9

http://hpics.li/b86c2ce

I'm just out of solutin after das of research...

Thank you very much for your help !
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
hey -ck are Halongmining using cgminer? Have you had anything to do with the development of the client they are allegedly using on their alleged hardware?

If so are they playing opensource ball with the code or are they doing a bitmain and just pretending its theirs?

Or... do you know nothing about it?

Or... you can't say Wink
No one from them has spoken to me at all so it's a complete mystery what they're doing for software.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
hey -ck are Halongmining using cgminer? Have you had anything to do with the development of the client they are allegedly using on their alleged hardware?

If so are they playing opensource ball with the code or are they doing a bitmain and just pretending its theirs?

Or... do you know nothing about it?

Or... you can't say Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
I have a couple of 2Pacs. I had an anti-malware force shutdown cgminer and now when I start it I get an error "failed init_usb" and no device detected, but if I do cgminer.exe -n the devices are listed. Are the miners dead? Do I have a driver issue?
Activity: 39
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
s1 antminer stack conected working red light on no hashing cant accses after messing with files,,,,,,how to reinstall them?HuhHuh?
??HELP
Nothing to do with cgminer, post in mining support.
Activity: 6
s1 antminer stack conected working red light on no hashing cant accses after messing with files,,,,,,how to reinstall them?HuhHuh?
??HELP
Activity: 1
Activity: 73
Merit: 10

You should read the rules of this subforum:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-mining-intro-rules-of-this-subforum-read-before-posting-2415854

Many many people have forked cgminer and use it for mining all sorts of shit. This thread is for support of the master cgminer code which I maintain and is for bitcoin mining only. You need to seek help from whomever maintains the fork that mines whatever shit you want to mine.
[/quote]

ok, thank you. I will keep researching.

Take care.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Ok. Thank you. However, I'm not interested in mining BTC.

I want to mine altcoins. Is this where you are going to tell me to post in the Altcoin forum?

I thought I was in the CGMiner part of the forum?
You should read the rules of this subforum:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-mining-intro-rules-of-this-subforum-read-before-posting-2415854

Many many people have forked cgminer and use it for mining all sorts of shit. This thread is for support of the master cgminer code which I maintain and is for bitcoin mining only. You need to seek help from whomever maintains the fork that mines whatever shit you want to mine.

[/quote]
Right so you are doing the wrong thing. You cannot mine bitcoin with a GPU and cgminer. A GPU is not dedicated mining hardware.
[/quote]

Ok. Thank you. However, I'm not interested in mining BTC.

I want to mine altcoins. Is this where you are going to tell me to post in the Altcoin forum?

I thought I was in the CGMiner part of the forum?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
"No doubt you are doing the wrong thing anyway. I'm guessing you think you can install cgminer and mine with your PC. CGminer is controller software for dedicated mining hardware, it does NOT mine bitcoin on your PC."

I made a dedicated mining rig with one gpu (for now) with Ubuntu OS. I've got a ledger on the way from Amazon and am currently trying to get a miner running. I attempted Easyminer and got an error. Now i'm trying CGMiner. My challenge is that I am a Windows user and a complete noob to Linux.

I am glad everyone on here is quick to help or be an @$$hole.
Right so you are doing the wrong thing. You cannot mine bitcoin with a GPU and cgminer. A GPU is not dedicated mining hardware.
"No doubt you are doing the wrong thing anyway. I'm guessing you think you can install cgminer and mine with your PC. CGminer is controller software for dedicated mining hardware, it does NOT mine bitcoin on your PC."

I made a dedicated mining rig with one gpu (for now) with Ubuntu OS. I've got a ledger on the way from Amazon and am currently trying to get a miner running. I attempted Easyminer and got an error. Now i'm trying CGMiner. My challenge is that I am a Windows user and a complete noob to Linux.

I am glad everyone on here is quick to help or be an @$$hole.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

Ughhhhh!!!! How do i install this on UBUNTU!??!!!!

Which one do i download!?  Uggggh
No doubt you are doing the wrong thing anyway. I'm guessing you think you can install cgminer and mine with your PC. CGminer is controller software for dedicated mining hardware, it does NOT mine bitcoin on your PC.
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

Ughhhhh!!!! How do i install this on UBUNTU!??!!!!

Which one do i download!?  Uggggh
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Please I am complete mining novice. I have tried severally to mine with my pc but no avail. Please what do I need to install to be able to do this?

Bitcoin difficulty is way too high to mine with your PC.  Post in the alt coin section to see if there which can be mined with a PC and how.
Activity: 111
I wouldn´t say that USB miners are the past. Like I see it there is no profitable way to mine bitcoin any more.
If you want to keep it simple try a gekkoscience 2 pac. It´s an USB miner with an overclocked hashrate of 15 Gh/s. I think thats pretty good for a USB miner. If you want to make a little more bitcoins you need a real mining machine. But then you have to consider the power consumption. I have running two 2 pacs with 10 Gh/s with an input power of 25 W. The raspberry pi and the fan included. That is payable.
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
Please I am complete mining novice. I have tried severally to mine with my pc but no avail. Please what do I need to install to be able to do this?

you now need a several Ths ASIC miner to mine.

CPU/GPU/USB miners are a thing of the past if you want to make some money.
Activity: 443
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Where are you guys getting this bad information??  You tube if I had to guess.
The same places they 'learn' from to think that Bitcoin is a general term for any crypto coin so any altcoin they hear of is 'Bitcoin'. Makes ya wanna smack'em in the back of the head at times...
Pages:
Jump to: