Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 9. (Read 5805221 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
Hey, guys, I want to buy asic usb miner 330 mh/s. And now it will make $28 per 24 hours. Is it possible? Maybe some of you have it and get the same result?

The only way to make $28 from that is to sell to some poor schmuck for $28.

Where are you guys getting this bad information??  You tube if I had to guess.

I don't understand the $30ish ebay market price. They are worthless considering you can get a 2pac for $80 which can run at 15 g/h. You would think people could figure it out with a little research but I guess not.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Hey, guys, I want to buy asic usb miner 330 mh/s. And now it will make $28 per 24 hours. Is it possible? Maybe some of you have it and get the same result?

The only way to make $28 from that is to sell to some poor schmuck for $28.

Where are you guys getting this bad information??  You tube if I had to guess.
Activity: 3

You paid for it?
 if it makes 28$ in your lifetime consider yourself lucky Smiley

0.01200$/month assuming it uses no electricity, which is roughly true as it runs from a single USB port

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=330&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0

Not yet, but I want to buy, it cost $30-40 on ebay

Maybe. So, how I understand it can mining only bitcoin? Or  ethereum too?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

You paid for it?

0.01200$/month assuming it uses no electricity, which is roughly true as it runs from a single USB port

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=330&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0

$30-$40 too much.

You paid for it?

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★

You paid for it?

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
ok. it is clear now.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!

fuck bitmain. Thousands have lost money because of them. We certainly know they will never do anything to fix this mess. We are just  trying to find any way to recover investment. .
I believe that nearly all D3 owners will pay for multialgo miner willingly.
Most people say this is ( adding more algo to D3)  impossible. I just need to hear  this  from a  professional

https://www.change.org/p/https-twitter-com-bitmaintech-d3-antminer-firmware-update-for-additional-mining-algorithms?recruiter=831205993&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition
Again, -ck's main point: CGminer is not for mining altcoins. Just SHA256 coins. Primarily of course BTC You want alts, go to the altcoin areas to find alt mining software and sympathetic souls.

Beyond that once again, if the D3 is using ASIC's then all they can EVER do is mine said altcoin or some other one that uses the exact same algo. ASIC-based miners cannot be reprogrammed. Period. End of story. (don't know what D3 uses as I don't mine alts) If they are actually using scrypt processing chips maybe they can be re-purposed but that is strictly between you and their maker.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
fuck bitmain. Thousands have lost money because of them. We certainly know they will never do anything to fix this mess. We are just  trying to find any way to recover investment. .
Most people say this is ( adding more algo to D3)  impossible. I just need to hear  this  from a  professional
As I've already said, I don't know anything about other algorithms and am not interested in working on anything besides bitcoin I'm afraid.
Hi friends
I m not sure that I am  at the right   place  but could you please confirm that

this thread belongs to the cgminer which is used for D3 Antminer units of Bitmain ?

if so , We ( thousands of people ) are in  trouble with this shitty units,  because of low profitability, we also looking for a solution to additional algorithms via firmware update .

Could you share your professional toughts regarding  if adding algo's to D3  is possible or not ?

There is another thread about that , also an change.org campaign still ongoing

Bitmain and anything not bitcoin has nothing to do with me. Go seek help from those morons.

https://www.change.org/p/https-twitter-com-bitmaintech-d3-antminer-firmware-update-for-additional-mining-algorithms?recruiter=831205993&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi friends
I m not sure that I am  at the right   place  but could you please confirm that

this thread belongs to the cgminer which is used for D3 Antminer units of Bitmain ?

if so , We ( thousands of people ) are in  trouble with this shitty units,  because of low profitability, we also looking for a solution to additional algorithms via firmware update .

Could you share your professional toughts regarding  if adding algo's to D3  is possible or not ?

Bitmain and anything not bitcoin has nothing to do with me. Go seek help from those morons.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Hi friends
I m not sure that I am  at the right   place  but could you please confirm that

if so , We ( thousands of people ) are in  trouble with this shitty units,  because of low profitability, we also looking for a solution to additional algorithms via firmware update .

Could you share your professional toughts regarding  if adding algo's to D3  is possible or not ?

Er, sorry to say this but Bitmains continual blatant rip-off of -ck's CGminer and their violation of Open Source License requirements makes them persona non-Gratia here. Of course final word on this I'm sure will be forthcoming from -ck himself...

As far as
looking for a solution to additional algorithms via firmware update,
the D3 is an ASIC-based miner right? If it is all it can ever mine is the same algo that DASH uses. It's literally hard-wired into the chips. Same applies to Bitcoin miners - all they can ever mine is BTC and the few other SHA256 alt coins.
Activity: 13
Hi friends
I m not sure that I am  at the right   place  but could you please confirm that

if so , We ( thousands of people ) are in  trouble with this shitty units,  because of low profitability, we also looking for a solution to additional algorithms via firmware update .

Could you share your professional toughts regarding  if adding algo's to D3  is possible or not ?

legendary
Activity: 2405
Merit: 1459
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
my cgminer flashes and disappears, what is causing this?

YOU are causing it by not supplying more Information like: What Version do you use, or under what kind of
Operating system you tryed it and so fort.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 15
my cgminer flashes and disappears, what is causing this?
Activity: 13
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Will be trying this.
Looks promising. Glad that I saw the thread.
Why? I'm guessing you think this software will mine on your ordinary PC; it will not. You need mining hardware attached to your computer.
Activity: 240
Will be trying this.
Looks promising. Glad that I saw the thread.
Pages:
Jump to: