Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 60. (Read 5805508 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I have been setting up a fresh cgminer install but I am having consistent errors when trying to get my USB miner detected. Using zadig's driver but with no avail. Trudged through the internet looking for cures with no luck. Ive been using an older version of cgminer at the moment as the new ones still dont cure the problem as well. Any help would be very appreciated.

For starters, you're not even using the official cgminer of the thread you're asking questions in. There is no code in the official cgminer that has a driver called RMU, and the current version is 4.9.0.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I have been setting up a fresh cgminer install but I am having consistent errors when trying to get my USB miner detected. Using zadig's driver but with no avail. Trudged through the internet looking for cures with no luck. Ive been using an older version of cgminer at the moment as the new ones still dont cure the problem as well. Any help would be very appreciated.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/shadowdamon/CGMINERError.jpg
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
Good day,

i have a probem with Oscam

Code:
http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=30959

(and Easymouse2 Card Reader) and Cgminer on one Raspberry Pi???

They have USB conflicts and i don't know why?

root@sunwatch:~# ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  0 Dec  3 18:12 /dev/ttyUSB0 -> Easymouse
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  1 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB1
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 10 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB10
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  2 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB2
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  3 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB3
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  4 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB4
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  5 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB5
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  6 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB6
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  7 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB7
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  8 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB8
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  9 Jan  1  1970 /dev/ttyUSB9

The Oscam runs but when i start cgminer i have this message in cgminer:

[2014-12-03 17:57:21] FAIL: USB get_lock not found (1:5)
[2014-12-03 17:57:23] Icarus detect (1:5) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

and at the same time in Oscam:

EA3410 r orf-ice [mouse] ERROR: IO_Serial_GetStatus: ioctl(TIOCMGET): Input/output error
EA3410 r orf-ice [mouse] Error getting card status.

so i hope everyone has a solution???

So i think i have locate the problem, the problem is the "Icarus" driver the driver blocked the USB, without the Antminers U2 only with the Bitfury there is no problem Wink

regards
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
support.
can i set "rotate via shortcut to a non integer number, for example 0.5?

You want to rotate pools every 30 seconds?  That's not enough time for the dynamic difficulty to kick in.

To answer your question though, most likely, no.

--rotate      Change multipool strategy from failover to regularly rotate at N minutes (default: 0)

yes i need 30 sec, 1 min is too much between workers, i'm using it to split the hash between multiple workers

i think it could be easily changed in the source, by putting seconds instead of minutes

o.O

I prefer  --balance to split the hash between multiple workers, so each worker get the same hashrate
Or use --load-balance with the --quota value, to set x % hashrate for each worker.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

You want to rotate pools every 30 seconds?  That's not enough time for the dynamic difficulty to kick in.

--rotate      Change multipool strategy from failover to regularly rotate at N minutes (default: 0)

yes i need 30 sec, 1 min is too much between workers, i'm using it to split the hash between multiple workers

i think it could be easily changed in the source, by putting seconds instead of minutes
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
can i set "rotate" via shortcut to a non integer number, for example 0.5?
Activity: 240
Merit: 1
GPU mining was removed and support was dropped a long time ago from cgminer, please use software that is supporting it instead as you won't find help on this thread for it. I will move your post to the relevant altcoin mining section.
Sorry for offtopic. Thank you anyway.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I have asked here before but never got an answer, so I'll try again.
When I call the api from my S3 via a scheduled tasks (cron job) and a script to restart via the API call:
Code:
cgminer-api restart
cgminer stops hashing but does not restart.

My question is: Why is cgminer not restarting and am I missing any arguments to the API call?
Restart has always been quite unreliable due to various in-driver structures that never clean up properly. Try it from the menu first to see if it works at all. You are better off quitting the existing binary and starting cgminer anew.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
The basic output of the faulty cgminer is "clDevicesNum returned error, no GPUs usable  All devices disabled, cannot mine!" - I have googled and read everything around this error but nothing helpful.
GPU mining was removed and support was dropped a long time ago from cgminer, please use software that is supporting it instead as you won't find help on this thread for it. I will move your post to the relevant altcoin mining section.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
New release: Version 4.9.0, 16th December 2014

Mainly the Avalon4 driver.

Human readable changelog:

- Avalon 4 driver. This device has a unique usb communication chip and has Manufacturer and product id filled in so it *will* be detected reliably. As per default for cgminer it needs no command line options to work, just remember to copy your udev rules file to enable regular users access to it (or run cgminer sudo). See ASIC-README
It comes with the following options (most of which are self explanatory or you shouldn't really touch them):
--avalon4-automatic-voltage Automatic adjust voltage base on module DH                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
--avalon4-voltage   Set Avalon4 core voltage, in millivolts, step: 125                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
--avalon4-freq      Set frequency for Avalon4, 1 to 3 values, example: 45:385:370                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
--avalon4-fan       Set Avalon4 target fan speed range                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
--avalon4-temp Set Avalon4 target temperature (default: 42)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
--avalon4-cutoff Set Avalon4 overheat cut off temperature (default: 65)                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
--avalon4-polling-delay Set Avalon4 polling delay value (ms) (default: 20)                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
--avalon4-ntime-offset Set Avalon4 MM ntime rolling max offset (default: 4)                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
--avalon4-aucspeed Set Avalon4 AUC IIC bus speed (default: 400000)                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
--avalon4-aucxdelay Set Avalon4 AUC IIC xfer read delay, 4800 ~= 1ms (default: 9600)                                                                                                                                                                                                           
- Added a small change to look for null data being passed to the usb transfer in the hope of avoiding the crash with Yoli boards some are seeing.
- Added some basic duplicate share checking to try and capture them per driver and flag them as hardware errors, and filter them out.

Full changelog:

- Minor fix
- Fix MM41 voltage setting
- Fix the default settings of new module
- Count non matching stratum as a hw error on ava4
- Fix ava4 build incompatibilites and missing write config parameters
- Use strcasecmp for device matching in usbutils in case of subtle manufacturer
changes
- Add manufacturer and product definitions for ava4
- Cosmetic ava4 change
- Cosmetic ava4 message fixes
- Add sanity check for NULL data being passed to usb_perform_transfer
- All write errors should be treated as fatal for ava4 devices
- Change initial fan start speed, mins and max for avalon4 to ensure fan starts
spinning but can go lower RPM
- Disable zero length packets on ava4 before trying to init
- Add a cgpu device option to disable zero length packets and enable it for
avalon4
- Display ava4 stats consistent with other devices
- Add ava4 to udev rules file
- Fix build warnings on ava4
- Fix ava4 build
- Add Avalon4 support
- Filter duplicate stratum shares from being submitted upstream
- Do rudimentary detection of duplicate shares per device
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I have asked here before but never got an answer, so I'll try again.
When I call the api from my S3 via a scheduled tasks (cron job) and a script to restart via the API call:
Code:
cgminer-api restart
cgminer stops hashing but does not restart.

The line that calls the script in scheduled tasks is:
Code:
0,30  *  *  *  *    root cd /sbin && ./hashRestart >/dev/null 2>&1

Via putty, I have run the cgminer-api vrsion command and get this (in case it is relevant).
Code:
Reply was 'STATUS=S,When=1418658181,Code=22,Msg=CGMiner versions,Description=cgminer 4.6.1|VERSION,CGMiner=4.6.1,API=3.1,Miner=7.0.0.3,CompileTime=Mon Oct 13 18:33:49 CST 2014,Type=S3|'
[STATUS] =>
(
   [STATUS] => S
   [When] => 1418658181
   [Code] => 22
   [Msg] => CGMiner versions
   [Description] => cgminer 4.6.1
)
[VERSION] =>
(
   [0] => VERSION
   [CGMiner] => 4.6.1
   [API] => 3.1
   [Miner] => 7.0.0.3
   [CompileTime] => Mon Oct 13 18:33:49 CST 2014
   [Type] => S3
)

My question is: Why is cgminer not restarting and am I missing any arguments to the API call?[/code]
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Dear ckolivas,
Can you give us instructions of how to install cgminer 4.8 on KnC Saturn?
Thank you very much  Cheesy

Best regards

Hephaestus
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Hello guys.

Could you do compile this version of CGMINER 4.8 for antminer S3, please?.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.
Antuam

http://vimeo.com/113108853
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1005
Hello guys.

Could you do compile this version of CGMINER 4.8 for antminer S3, please?.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.
Antuam
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
support.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
What is this exactly?! Does it works?  Undecided
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
Thank You.  Yes lots of failures.

I have a couple of the Terraminer boards that say No Temp sensor - shutting down.  The board appears to be OK besides that.  Is there any way to disable the e temp sensor requirement?  I know that I am keeping these chips in good temp range. The worst that can happen is making a bad board bad.  Smiley  Thanks again.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Trying to run some Terraminer IV direct from linux usb.

I keep getting the "Notify bad match work" error.  I am running cgminer 4.8.0.

I am getting good hasrate, can I get a little better by eliminating the bad match work?  If so, how do you suggest.

Searching google about this problem, I read another comment elsewhere someone said ckolivas said to use the 4.3.4 version for Terraminers. ??  That was 5 or 6 months ago.
Just ignore the warnings if the hashrate is ok. You can only decrease the errors by running them at lower speeds. Current version is fine for them, I'm just surprised you have one that still actually works since their failure rate is so high.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
Trying to run some Terraminer IV direct from linux usb.

I keep getting the "Notify bad match work" error.  I am running cgminer 4.8.0.

I am getting good hasrate, can I get a little better by eliminating the bad match work?  If so, how do you suggest.

Searching google about this problem, I read another comment elsewhere someone said ckolivas said to use the 4.3.4 version for Terraminers. ??  That was 5 or 6 months ago.
Pages:
Jump to: