Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 65. (Read 5805508 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I am very new to mining and want to try my luck solo mining. I can get the cgminer to run on a pool no problem. I plan on pool mining too. My problem is when I try and set up cgminer for solo mining I keep getting pool0 slow/down or url or credentials invalid. I am going to keep cgminer pool mining for now. What information do I need to supply in order to get help with fixing this issue? Thank you in advance.  Huh
Try solo.ckpool.org ...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yh-solockpoolorg-1-fee-solo-mining-usade-251-blocks-solved-763510

The page there even explains how to mine there Smiley

Otherwise you'll need to setup a local bitcoind and learn all about doing that and also tuning it so you don't lose the block if you ever find one.

Also, don't "expect" to find one very soon using solo, unless you have something like 400THs or more of mining.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I am very new to mining and want to try my luck solo mining. I can get the cgminer to run on a pool no problem. I plan on pool mining too. My problem is when I try and set up cgminer for solo mining I keep getting pool0 slow/down or url or credentials invalid. I am going to keep cgminer pool mining for now. What information do I need to supply in order to get help with fixing this issue? Thank you in advance.  Huh
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hah is there anything that guy won't attack? Now I'm really worried that my reputation will be tarnished by someone so esteemed in the bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
New release: Version 4.7.1, 4th November 2014

Minor bugfix release after dusk.

Human readable changelog:

- If different USB devices contain the same communication chip, provided the USB device has a product id set, cgminer will no longer try to use the wrong driver on it (eg LIN vs BFLSC).

THX for your efforts  Grin
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
The following is a questing from the Debian pkg-bitcoin-dev group and I am interested too:

If you are familiar, could you explain this? Why should we not be
 using system libusb?
- Added yet more warnings suggesting not to use the system libusb in configure.

Debian Jessie and Unstable (SID) libusb
libusb-1.0-0 (2:1.0.19-1)

This is an annoying issue we've been dealing with for as long as we've been using libusb and the answer to your question is as frustrating as can be.

Libusb had a hostile fork a few years back with libusbx and the main libusb development had slowed to a crawl. Virtually every distribution eventually moved to libusbx simply because it was the more actively developed branch. However at the time we found that every time we tried to migrate to libusbx it added substantial instability to the devices we were communicating with as most asic usb miners were actually pretty hastily slapped together and not very tolerant. Kano did a lot of investigation and found that there were numerous occasions where sending timeout based requests to libusb it simply would not return. The issue was amplified on windows and almost universal on usb1.1 devices which unfortunately many asic manufacturers decided to use (despite being a 15 year old protocol instead of usb2). Eventually the development of libusb was stopped and there was an alleged merge between the libusbx and libusb code and libusbx inherited the original libusb name with what appears to have been a somewhat strained truce between the original libusb developer and the libusbx devs. Unfortunately what happened was they built on the libusbx code and it appears that whatever it was that made the original libusb more stable never made it back into the maintained branch. We ended up finding the end of life libusb that we were using was still the most stable and none of the extra features in the newer libusbx based code were of any advantage and it conferred more instability. Here is the last time I tried moving to the merged libusbs:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4816354

If you follow the few pages of testing (and ignore the pages of trolling) you'll see how I end up giving up on libusbx again.
And here is where I reverted to our own included libusb code :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4989440

The same problems still exist with the current libusb included in distributions.

Now you're probably saying we should have submitted bug reports to libusbx instead of including libusb however we spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find where the problem was in the first place and asic driver development was nothing short of frantic at the time and the amount of time we spent on it was far in excess of what we wanted already and it was detracting from further cgminer and driver development so I gave up and stuck to the libusb we included since it basically worked and was stable - what else can one ask? It also was not clear which was the real libusb... You'll also see that I was dependent on users to do the testing since I wasn't the one reproducing the problems so I couldn't do any cycle of test and report upstream. I doubt you'll be able to get any of those users with the old hardware engaged in that cycle of discussion now with libusb devs.

EDIT: Here's where Kano first tracked down the problem:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg2948402;topicseen#msg2948402
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg2970018;topicseen#msg2970018

Adding the --with-system-libusb was put there for platforms where there was no udev support and building would fail (eg openwrt) forcing them to use the system libusb instead of the included one. However I've since added a --disable-udev option which makes it build even there. If I removed the system-libusb option and silently built my own included libusb for the packagers they'd be none the wiser.
Activity: 49
The following is a questing from the Debian pkg-bitcoin-dev group and I am interested too:

If you are familiar, could you explain this? Why should we not be
 using system libusb?
- Added yet more warnings suggesting not to use the system libusb in configure.

Debian Jessie and Unstable (SID) libusb
libusb-1.0-0 (2:1.0.19-1)

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Yep sorry the block erupter driver is absolutely submitted and maintained by AM and I don't have the hardware so I can't help you directly but I suspect the driver is buggy (it should never segfault for example). Hopefully they chime in here with support and fix the bugs.

"Hopefully they chime in here with support and fix the bugs" LOL not going to hold my breath on that one.
They did manage to submit the code to mainline cgminer which is infinitely more than I was expecting.
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Downloaded 4 latest versions, created .bat file and nothing, just black window appeared for a split of a second.
Same bat file works with 4.5.0 version.

I'm using Win 7 and I have habanero board.
(I'm mining with 4.5.0 but wanted to try newer versions)
Open a command prompt and run cgminer directly with your commands (and add -T) instead of clicking on the bat file and it will tell you what's wrong instead of just disappearing taking the error with it.

Many thanks for your help Smiley
I have noticed that there is missing Cgminer.exe in all of above mentioned versions.

I will try it tomorrow morning.

Open command prompt and paste everything from bat file and I will add -T at the end.

Thank you very much
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Yep sorry the block erupter driver is absolutely submitted and maintained by AM and I don't have the hardware so I can't help you directly but I suspect the driver is buggy (it should never segfault for example). Hopefully they chime in here with support and fix the bugs.

"Hopefully they chime in here with support and fix the bugs" LOL not going to hold my breath on that one.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Downloaded 4 latest versions, created .bat file and nothing, just black window appeared for a split of a second.

Open a command prompt and run cgminer directly with your commands (and add -T) instead of clicking on the bat file and it will tell you what's wrong instead of just disappearing taking the error with it.
SVK
Sorry for stupid question.

Latest releases do not work at all Sad
Is it only me or Huh?
It's only you. We can't help you without you giving us any information whatsoever on what the problem is.

My bad Sad

Downloaded 4 latest version(4.7.1, 4.7.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.0), created .bat file and nothing, just black window appeared for a split of a second.

Thank you very much
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Is it only me or Huh?
It's only you. We can't help you without you giving us any information whatsoever on what the problem is.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
I tried 24 with same results..does not seem to matter. I guess I will just try 1 board and see what it does for me.
Activity: 49
Having some issues with AM Prisma using the USB adapter

Cgminer 4.7.1
Rasp Pi running latest wheezy
compiled using: --enable-blockerupter --enable-icarus --without-curses

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u xxxx -p xxxx --bet-clk 23

Cgminer spits out a bunch of errors

[2014-11-06 17:44:02] BET0: Unexpected value 00 received                   
[2014-11-06 17:44:02] BET0: Sync Error                   
[2014-11-06 17:44:02] BET0: Unexpected value 58 received                   

it then segfaults after a little bit.

I am not sure if my cgminer command is wrong or the USB dongle is the issue.. I have tried plugging directly into Pi and also a power USB hub with the same results.

I get this also but if I restart CGminer a few times it eventually starts hashing fine.  Seems that there is something odd with the driver or the chips put out some odd crap at first after power up.

However I have a question about the -bet-clk=23 thing  According to CGminer docs this value is x10 so to get 240 you would want 24, which is the default value of the setting.  Am I understanding this wrong?  Do we need to run the Prisma at 230 not 240?  At --bet-clk=23 my unit will not do stable over 800Ghs
legendary
Having some issues with AM Prisma using the USB adapter

Cgminer 4.7.1
Rasp Pi running latest wheezy
compiled using: --enable-blockerupter --enable-icarus --without-curses

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u xxxx -p xxxx --bet-clk 23

Cgminer spits out a bunch of errors

[2014-11-06 17:44:02] BET0: Unexpected value 00 received                   

it then segfaults after a little bit.

I am not sure if my cgminer command is wrong or the USB dongle is the issue.. I have tried plugging directly into Pi and also a power USB hub with the same results.

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
hi all,
i have a question.
i am using cgminer on one of my miners, and i have a problem.
when i turn on miner it connect to internet and hash perfectly. BUT when internet get disconnected, miner sound alarm,
and when it gets internet, alarm stops but miner does not start hashing. i need to reset it through putty and then it starts hashing normally.
so i guess that  i need some script that resets cgminer when internet comes back.
miner is using rPi.

thx for your time.
SVK

Is it only me or Huh?

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
is there a downloadable openwrt files for the newer ant s1's after 3.12 offered at bitmain ?
Pages:
Jump to: