Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 68. (Read 5805508 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Thanks for the reply.

2. Unfortunately every time I did that people tried using it as a support channel instead, including asking for support for cgminer forks, and not for code issues. I'm contactable enough on the forum and via email as listed in the code base that I respond where appropriate anyway.

For most of my projects I let people use the Github issues for support and it works out fine. I can understand, though, if you want to contain that knowledge in bitcointalk. That said, it's difficult to find what the outstanding bugs/issues actually are, and so I imagine you have lots of repeat questions about things. It's also hard to find stuff when all knowledge about the project is lumped into a single, linear forum thread. I'm sure you have your share of opinions about bfgminer, but an open and thriving issue tracker is a definite advantage of that project: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/issues.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hey @ckolivas:

1. Is it possible to add a feature to the "addpool" API command to return the id of the pool? All pool commands rely on this id, but it is not known unless you first issue the "pools" command and deduce the id of the pool that was just added. Even this is vulnerable to race conditions, for example if I write logic that quickly adds two pools; this has to be managed carefully. I think returning an id is a sensible feature.

2. Maybe this has been asked before, but would you consider opening up the github issues? This is typically how developers communicate and collaborate on github; while your project is open-source, the lack of code-oriented discussion makes it quite a bit more opaque than it otherwise could be.

Thanks for your hard work, and I look forward to your response.
1. Sounds reasonable, will look into it.

2. Unfortunately every time I did that people tried using it as a support channel instead, including asking for support for cgminer forks, and not for code issues. I'm contactable enough on the forum and via email as listed in the code base that I respond where appropriate anyway.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
just double checking but for the hashfast habanero devices, how do i tell cgminer to just use the clocks programmed ondevice? --hfa-hash-clock 1

anything else i need
Activity: 29
Hey @ckolivas:

1. Is it possible to add a feature to the "addpool" API command to return the id of the pool? All pool commands rely on this id, but it is not known unless you first issue the "pools" command and deduce the id of the pool that was just added. Even this is vulnerable to race conditions, for example if I write logic that quickly adds two pools; this has to be managed carefully. I think returning an id is a sensible feature.

2. Maybe this has been asked before, but would you consider opening up the github issues? This is typically how developers communicate and collaborate on github; while your project is open-source, the lack of code-oriented discussion makes it quite a bit more opaque than it otherwise could be.

Thanks for your hard work, and I look forward to your response.
Activity: 8
I have been mining awhile using Bitminter and Antminer U2s. Now I am moving up to Rockminers which are not supported by the Bitminter software. I want to use cgminer, but am not sure how to set up the start.bat file. I have 2 Rockminer R-box 32Gh and 1 new R-box 100Gh, Can I use all three at the same time and how do I set the bat file. I am using Windows now but may switch to a Raspberry Pi. I may also add the Antminer U2s if that is possible. Any help will be appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
is Cgminer also support the Avalon Nano USB Stick?
Only if you build a binary yourself from the current git master.

Hello,

OK and thanksfor your answer Wink
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Only if you build a binary yourself from the current git master.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
Good day,

regards
I have two BITMAIN ANTMINER U2.
Downloaded official cgminer from the first post.
Bat file:  cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool0.btcdig.com:3333 -u camel@camel -p xxxxxx
One device works fine. What you need to write a bat file to connect a second device?
Help please.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Quickie for kano - did you ever get around to fixing the p2pool problem with your S2 update image?

Peace  Smiley
No.
But now that my pool is up and running http://www.kano.is/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kanopool-kanois-lowest-09-fee-since-2014-worldwide-2432-blocks-789369

... I'll hopefully find time this week to get the S1/S2/S3 driver sorted out and ask everyone who has one to point it at my pool Smiley

Is this driver sort out for cross compile target of MIPS, I am interested in the S1 specifically ??

The only one I can get to work is your 4.3.2a for the S1

8 )

Was able to get it to work on an S1 making these changes to driver-bitmain.c:

Code:
477c477
< work_id = DATAW(witem)->work->id;
---
> work_id = DATAW(witem)->wid;
1292,1293c1292,1293
< min = DATAW(info->work_list->tail)->work->id;
< max = DATAW(info->work_list->head)->work->id;
---
> min = DATAW(info->work_list->tail)->wid;
> max = DATAW(info->work_list->head)->wid;
1509c1509
< if (DATAW(witem)->work->id == rxnoncedata.nonces[j].work_id)
---
> if (DATAW(witem)->wid == rxnoncedata.nonces[j].work_id)
2437,2438c2437,2438
< //DATAW(witem)->work->id = ++info->last_wid;
< //info->queued++;
---
> DATAW(witem)->wid = ++info->last_wid;
> info->queued++;
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Every night at midnight, my cgminer stops working with this message:

Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
Failed to create restart thread

Is there a setting i'm missing or some way to help it create a restart thread?
That would suggest your operating system is not allowing cgminer to create any more threads meaning that somewhere in there far too many threads were created in the first place. I can only recall this bug being in cgminer years ago so it would be on an old version, or it could happen with the current version if you have hundreds of hotplugging and unplugging devices due to them being unstable.
Activity: 1
Every night at midnight, my cgminer stops working with this message:

Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
Failed to create restart thread

Is there a setting i'm missing or some way to help it create a restart thread?
Thanks!
Aaron
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Quickie for kano - did you ever get around to fixing the p2pool problem with your S2 update image?

Peace  Smiley
No.
But now that my pool is up and running http://www.kano.is/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kanopool-kanois-lowest-09-fee-since-2014-worldwide-2432-blocks-789369

... I'll hopefully find time this week to get the S1/S2/S3 driver sorted out and ask everyone who has one to point it at my pool Smiley

Is this driver sort out for cross compile target of MIPS, I am interested in the S1 specifically ??

The only one I can get to work is your 4.3.2a for the S1

8 )
I have two BITMAIN ANTMINER U2.
Bat file:  cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool0.btcdig.com:3333 -u camel@camel -p xxxxxx
One device works fine. What you need to write a bat file to connect a second device?
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
Hi, i have 2 USB miner connected at 2 USB port, and I want to run the miner in separate detached console running CGMINER, what is the correct sintax in linux?

Thanks in advance W_M
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
If you are not monitoring the other topics you may have missed the formal announcement of the ckpool code to the public:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ckpool-open-source-poolproxypassthroughredirectorlibrary-in-c-for-linux-790323

In addition, I've implemented support for the stratum extension suggest_difficulty in git with the new command line option --suggest-diff . Of course as the current git branches of ckpool and cgminer are the only two entities that support it, it may be a while before you're able to utilise this to your advantage.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Even if he mistakenly posted here instead of BFGMiner, those commands are still invalid for Antminer USB devices.
Those are actually commandline options for Antminer (S1 and S3), aka a bitmain cgminer and not supported in this thread.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Even if he mistakenly posted here instead of BFGMiner, those commands are still invalid for Antminer USB devices.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Team Heritage Motorsports
I thought it was pretty well known at this point, Luke-Jr was working with BFL and not you two.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Prompt please. I work with BITMAIN ANTMINER U2 - 2Gh/s. But I have two devices.
Bat file:
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u bers -p password --bmsc-freq 0781
With one device works. How do I get two devices simultaneously.
--bmsc-options is not an option in the cgminer supported on this forum thread, neither is --bmsc-freq. Start again by downloading the official cgminer as linked in the opening post of this thread and then we can help you.
Pages:
Jump to: