Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 69. (Read 5805508 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Prompt please. I work with BITMAIN ANTMINER U2 - 2Gh/s. But I have two devices.
Bat file:
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u bers -p password --bmsc-freq 0781
With one device works. How do I get two devices simultaneously.
Activity: 56
How to install the S3 driver for cgminer?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Bitcoin mining hardware firm Butterfly Labs shuttered by FTC
http://www.zdnet.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware-firm-butterfly-labs-shuttered-by-ftc-7000033997/

Too bad the developers chose to follow these asshats instead of support the community.   Great job cocklivious you assisted criminals!!!

Hey Viceroy. Welcome back. Sorry to tell you, but luke-jr was actually contracted by BFL for their driver, not me (nor Kano).

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Please don't delete this post guys - it's just too funny.......

Worlds most inaccurate troll?  Unbelievable.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
ASSHAT POST

oh how I loveth the smell of troll in the morning
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
http://www.zdnet.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware-firm-butterfly-labs-shuttered-by-ftc-7000033997/

Too bad the developers chose to follow these asshats instead of support the community.   Great job cocklivious you assisted criminals!!!

Hey Viceroy. Welcome back. Sorry to tell you, but luke-jr was actually contracted by BFL for their driver, not me (nor Kano).
Merit: 501

Too bad the developers chose to follow these asshats instead of support the community.   Great job cocklivious you assisted criminals!!!

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
@ckolivas & @Kano:

I do not mean to stir any feelings between rivals (etc), but is there any plan to implement the UMS protocol for the hashfast boards? I've noticed significantly better stability when compared to the gwq based drivers.

If theres not, I'd be happy to try and implement it as a switch based option a la
Code:
--hfa-protocol UMS|GWQ
No development is planned for hfa since that hardware is considered end-of-life (I don't even own any of it any more). If you want to submit code with a pull request, you are most welcome to.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
@ckolivas & @Kano:

I do not mean to stir any feelings between rivals (etc), but is there any plan to implement the UMS protocol for the hashfast boards? I've noticed significantly better stability when compared to the gwq based drivers.

If theres not, I'd be happy to try and implement it as a switch based option a la
Code:
--hfa-protocol UMS|GWQ

-Taugeran
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I currently have 10 of the original R-Boxes running on cgminer. I'm adding 2 of the new 110 GH+ r boxes as well. Is there a way to set a frequency for the original R boxes and a different one for the new ones?

Thanks.
The easiest thing to do is run the new R-box ver2 on a second instance of cgminer, they will run side by side without any problems and if you need to make changes to the new ones like usual with new equipment, then you won't have to shutdown everything to do it.

There won't be a problem each of them trying to detect and run them all?

afaik you can tell it what devices you want to use in the command line
Activity: 527
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
I currently have 10 of the original R-Boxes running on cgminer. I'm adding 2 of the new 110 GH+ r boxes as well. Is there a way to set a frequency for the original R boxes and a different one for the new ones?

Thanks.
The easiest thing to do is run the new R-box ver2 on a second instance of cgminer, they will run side by side without any problems and if you need to make changes to the new ones like usual with new equipment, then you won't have to shutdown everything to do it.

There won't be a problem each of them trying to detect and run them all?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

Thanks.
Activity: 527
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
How to run a antminer S3 with 3G connection? which router should i get? 3G simcard + 3G Adapter + Laptop + S3 = ?
Search on the S3 threads, the S3 has wi-fi built in but Bitmain left the antenna off. You should be able to find several comments in one of the S3 threads that states exactly which connector to buy as well as the needed antenna.
How to run a antminer S3 with 3G connection? which router should i get? 3G simcard + 3G Adapter + Laptop + S3 = ?
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
I think I found an error in cgminer version "3.12.0" this is the version bitmaintech is shipping with batch 8 antminer s3. might be on newer batches as well...

the json returned from the "stats" command is invalid.
Bitmain hacked the api output themselves to their custom output. We'll have a look but I suspect it's just due to their forked modified api output.

I'm having a similar issue with BTC Garden ASICs and whatever they've done to CGMiner. I've tried several times to get info from them without any response.

Basically, their ASICs respond to the DEVS RPC API call by saying "no devices".
We're the upstream code, the onus is not on us to keep forks in line with our code. Owners of the hardware should be polling the manufacturers to maintain both GPL and API compatibility with cgminer and pushing their code upstream. Bitmain have at least offered their code, whereas most forks have not. Some forks' code is unwanted or unusable too of course, but at the very least they should adhere to the license conditions of the code they're using.

I'm working on a hack of the S1 to use the hashing boards without the proprietary control unit.
Actually, using either an older CGminer or the one for U1/U2, I can have the board hashing, but at 1/4 of max speed expected.
Looks like all chips are working (hot), but I'm only getting 1/4 of results.

Edit:
I assume it's because U1/U2 are using single chain and S1 multichain

Using a newer cgminer build (starting in june or july), my interface with CP2102 is recognized as a LIX and not hashing at all.
I'm not a coder, but could you point me at what to look for the 1/4 speed issue?

Edit:
Would it work if we were using the U1/U2 Icarus code to recognize the unit, and then sending multiple chains data?

Changing the Vid/pid to match my cp2102 and compiling with bitmain support didn't help.

here is what I'm getting when changing the vendor and product id from usbutils to match m cp2102 and compiling only with enable-ants1

USB scan devices: checking for ANT devices
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] ANT looking for and found ANT 10c4:ea60
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] USB lock BitmainAntS1 1-5
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] RES: BitmainAntS1 (1:5) lock=1
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] USB res lock BitmainAntS1 1-5
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] RES: BitmainAntS1 (1:5) lock ok=1
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] USB unlock BitmainAntS1 1-5
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] RES: BitmainAntS1 (1:5) lock=0
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] ANT looking for ANT 10c4:ea60 but found 0424:ec00 instead
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] USB res unlock BitmainAntS1 1-5
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] ANT looking for ANT 10c4:ea60 but found 0424:9512 instead
 [2014-09-18 01:33:31] ANT looking for ANT 10c4:ea60 but found 1d6b:0002 instead
 [2014-09-18 01:33:33] Discarded work
 [2014-09-18 01:33:33] Selecting pool 0 for work

Listing known devices returns this

Bus 1 Device 5 ID: 10c4:ea60 Silicon Labs CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller inactive
1 total known USB device
Hotplug interval:5
0 USB devices, 0 enabled, 0 disabled, 0 zombie

Hello,

I have the same problem with the U2, so i was returned to an older verson Wink

greets
legendary
Activity: 910
Hi guys - Are there any plans to put technobit Hex drivers into the main cgminer distribution?
Quickie for kano - did you ever get around to fixing the p2pool problem with your S2 update image?

Peace  Smiley
No.
But now that my pool is up and running http://www.kano.is/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kanopool-kanois-lowest-09-fee-since-2014-worldwide-2432-blocks-789369

... I'll hopefully find time this week to get the S1/S2/S3 driver sorted out and ask everyone who has one to point it at my pool Smiley

That would be excellent kano - many thanks again  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Quickie for kano - did you ever get around to fixing the p2pool problem with your S2 update image?

Peace  Smiley
No.
But now that my pool is up and running http://www.kano.is/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kanopool-kanois-lowest-09-fee-since-2014-worldwide-2432-blocks-789369

... I'll hopefully find time this week to get the S1/S2/S3 driver sorted out and ask everyone who has one to point it at my pool Smiley

Peace  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: