Pages:
Author

Topic: (OFFICIAL COMMUNITY TAKEOVER) VorteX (VTX) - X13 POW/POS - page 7. (Read 17920 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The problem cannot be fixed by us, it's a dev coding thing. But in the meanwhile, it's better if we find a new name, so if it get listed it will be on the right name already.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Guys actually the priority is fix the problem and waiting a listing on bittrex!
Activity: 238
I think there is already a new wallet.

What about those new name ideas guys, let's get them coming.
legendary
Activity: 1148
also will we have a new wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1148
legendary
Activity: 1470
if dev resolve the problem, bittrex can list the coin!
@Saffro, you're the best!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Activity: 152
Oh.That mean bittrex will not list VVXX ...I know why people dump their coin so hurry..
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

I've spoken to SFR dev who assures me he is fixing these problems, but due to the way the coin was launched and the lack of trust I personally have with the state of the blockchain, I highly doubt we will be listing the coin.

thanks,
Richie@bittrex

That makes perfect sense.

A coin with identified problems which are being fixed by a reputable dev:  Will NOT be listed by Bittrex.

Coin with an unknown dev who will immediately dump and run: Happily WILL be listed by Bittrex.

You guys are some real geniuses over there. Top-notch at running a business.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Totally forgot to sign up for that. Now I'm butt hurt
Activity: 336
well what happens to the money we invested w vvxx???

the answer to this question depends on if you got crypto investors insurance.
True and I heared they give a discount to newbies, thank God for crypto investors insurance Smiley
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

the answer to this question depends on if you got crypto investors insurance.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

Oh... of course. I urge you check out this quick video that will demonstrate what exactly has happened to the money you invested in this great coin.

http://youtu.be/-DT7bX-B1Mg
Activity: 439
mmmmmm
If you want to dig into the technical details of the exploits and problems with this coin, you can also read my full technical review https://github.com/Earlz/coinreviews/blob/master/vvxx.txt. I was able to review the historical blockchain by removing the coinbase check, and this issue was very heavily exploited.
Activity: 392
come on lets make this work im pretty heavily invested plus we are in great hands
Activity: 710
Being discussed on freenode IRC #vvxxcoin
Activity: 710
Official statement please.
Activity: 392
Activity: 937
I'm for changing it completely, it will erase the old coin fully and be easier to find a new name.

Why not start a new coin with a clean block chain then ? Smiley

That's honestly the best idea... For those that have been wondering, we will not be listing this coin because of inconsistencies found in the code base.  I want to make this very clear, this is not sfrdevs doing... this was before he came on board.  To clarify, we contracted a trusted dev, Earlz, to help look at the code base and these are some of our findings.

VXX looks to be purposefully malicious coin, most likely designed to scam users for a quick buck.

The source code has been changed sometime recently to cover some of the tracks of the exploit contained within it. Thus, this is why if you compile the coin from source today, it won't sync with the binary wallets. On the github, you'll notice the code was created on August 7th. however, the code was released on the 6th. Pools/Exchanges that downloaded this code on day 1 probably have different code from the code that is currently uploaded.

The exact exploit is similar to MagicCoin. Basically, when miners mine a new block, there is no rule enforcing that they are mining the correct amount of coins. They can mine however many coins they wish.

Along with this exploit, there were some malicious changes which attempted to hide this exploit. Basically, it'd show every block mined as only having mined 100 coins, along with every transaction. This caused some block explorers to show incorrect data, along with the RPC interface.

-     result.push_back(Pair("mint", ValueFromAmount(blockindex->nMint)));
+    result.push_back(Pair("mint", 100));
-     out.push_back(Pair("value", ValueFromAmount(txout.nValue)));
+    out.push_back(Pair("value", 100));

I've spoken to SFR dev who assures me he is fixing these problems, but due to the way the coin was launched and the lack of trust I personally have with the state of the blockchain, I highly doubt we will be listing the coin.

thanks,
Richie@bittrex
Pages:
Jump to: