Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 76. (Read 39457 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
If you don't mind me asking, what pool would you mine against when you set it and forget it?

Few pools are going to give you a payout at this hashrate.  However, as suggested in the OP, on slushpool you can set it as low as 0.001 BTC for a payout which should only take a couple of months.  I'm solo mining on ckpool until they get the on device solo mining working.  You could also mine sha256 altcoins on zergpool and autoexchange into BTC and the payout is only .002 BTC.  I'm not Phil but I tested all three pools mentioned here with my Apollo.

Im trying to get zergpool setup with a standalone unit and I cant get the apollo miner software to accept zergpool pool options like -o and -a.  Anyone figure this out?

Im already frustrated the (aftermarket) psu I bought for 4 standalone units was doa, so I can only run 1 unit on leftover power from my other psu.   Angry  Irritating day.  Grin

Edit-  needed to remove stratum+tcp:// from front of url, appears to be working now with options defined in apollo mining software (-host -pswd, etc)

edit2-  Forgot to say units look sharp and well made, nice job!  Very happy with this purchase.
Activity: 14
Merit: 2
Hey everyone, support question.
Loving my miners, and they have generally been reliable, but recently had an issue.

Overnight, my miners seemingly went "offline" in that they were no longer accessible by the web-ui, and stopped sending hashes to my pool (0 reported speed).

However, the physical units themselves were still purring away, red LED and yellow LED's flashing, as well as the network port.
My router showed the device as online and identifiable as well.

I tried setting up with HDMI and keyboard but that seems to only work if they are already plugged in on boot.
So in this instance I got a black screen with no signal.

What should I do to safely shut these two units down other than pull the plug, knowing that the node seems to still be running?
Also, what in gods' name are those things 'hashing' if they are offline and sending out no data?

Thanks!

I too have had the same issue happen multiple times with the some units randomly going inactive on dashboard and monitor giving a black screen with no signal after some period of time running. Reboot fixes both when one or both happens. Have flashed SD card no change. Happens on both old and new update version.
Activity: 17
Hey everyone, support question.
Loving my miners, and they have generally been reliable, but recently had an issue.

Overnight, my miners seemingly went "offline" in that they were no longer accessible by the web-ui, and stopped sending hashes to my pool (0 reported speed).

However, the physical units themselves were still purring away, red LED and yellow LED's flashing, as well as the network port.
My router showed the device as online and identifiable as well.

I tried setting up with HDMI and keyboard but that seems to only work if they are already plugged in on boot.
So in this instance I got a black screen with no signal.

What should I do to safely shut these two units down other than pull the plug, knowing that the node seems to still be running?
Also, what in gods' name are those things 'hashing' if they are offline and sending out no data?

Thanks!

[UPDATE]
With it non-responsive and just wasting energy for the last 12 hours I went ahead and turned off the power supply.
Upon booting the units back up they are functional, but no-longer get any system info?

"There is a problem fetching system stats (Internal error)"
No CPU Temp, SSD storage space, or other hardware related info shows in the dashboard now.
Have re-booted multiple times since via software and the issue persists.  :'C
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
AND A VERY good sale for the 1tb micron ssd

https://www.newegg.com/crucial-mx500-1tb/p/N82E16820156174?

$99.00 - 15 with this code. SS2AZ9A525.

84 bucks

mine does that I put in the 1 tb and no worries for years to come
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Yes seems like bitshopper.de orders are arriving with customers
Activity: 4
I just recd mine and plugged it in. 
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
What is the username/password for SSH login to the node? Tried futurebit/futurebit (similar to the LTC appliance) but that does not work.

futurebit/futurebit123
Activity: 1
What is the username/password for SSH login to the node? Tried futurebit/futurebit (similar to the LTC appliance) but that does not work.
Activity: 25
How long have you been running it? Id wait at least 24 hours before looking at pool stats, as it takes a while to stabilize especially if the pool is running high diff.
Thanks for so quick answer!

Well. Just couple of hours, but miner was restarted few times by me already and now I can see it just did restart itself.
But don't bother for now. I use Wifi and it's very laggy while block chain is downloaded. I'll wait for this to get completed and come back in case of any issues.

I think it gets more rejected shares just after miner startup.

BTW, my initial impression on this product is so good, so I just ordered standard box for this. Well done JStefano! Smiley Thank you for your work.

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hi all. I just got mine box yesterday. It's lovely ;-) It's quite a lot of pages in this thread already so just a quick question, sorry if it was discussed.

My miner is running in ECO mode at reported temperature of 60C. I get some rejected shares on CK pool. Miner is still downloading block chain...
It's about 5% of rejected shares, but both miner and CK pool reports 15-20% lower hash rate. Hardware error rate is about 0.4 -0.5%.

Is it normal?

How long have you been running it? Id wait at least 24 hours before looking at pool stats, as it takes a while to stabilize especially if the pool is running high diff.
Activity: 25
Hi all. I just got mine box yesterday. It's lovely ;-) It's quite a lot of pages in this thread already so just a quick question, sorry if it was discussed.

My miner is running in ECO mode at reported temperature of 60C. I get some rejected shares on CK pool. Miner is still downloading block chain...
It's about 5% of rejected shares, but both miner and CK pool reports 15-20% lower hash rate. Hardware error rate is about 0.4 -0.5%.

Is it normal?

Bitcoin Core 0.22 software released today Smiley
Activity: 49
Merit: 5
Mine starts to run for a couple of days then stops and have to turn it off for awhile.

are you talking about the web dashboard? or the miner stops working?
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Mine starts to run for a couple of days then stops and have to turn it off for awhile.

Edit. 28th...currently running eco mode 51c
recently has been fine as the basement gets colder with less humidity. I just think it is sensitive to the basement even thought their were three fans on it.
Hey,

I've tried searching and going through the thread to find my answers and can't seem to find the exact answer I am looking for maybe some of you guys know the answers or solutions to my questions.

1. Miner stats on web dashboard not showing even when timezone is set to the UK
I made the mistake of changing the timezone when I first got the machine and read on the forum that I needed to change it back to London - which I did. It was working fine but now its not displaying even with the timezone set to London, United Kingdom
You may need to reinstall SD card image, do updates and see if hashrate is showing. Don't touch timezone. Also when you reinstall, keep NVMe drive disconnected while SD card boots for a first time, otherwise it may get reformatted (as I remember from other posters here). Only plug in after you log in to dashboard for a first time and everything works. That way you not losing anything, bitcoin full node will keep all blocks.

2. Is it possible to install VNC on the FutureBitOS?
I know raspberry pi's has the VNC capabilities, is there a specific version or is it even possible to get VNC on the OS? I want to be able to remote into the device and control it even when I am away from my house.
Yes I use VNC on many Raspberry and other SoC boxes, there are VNC servers in Ubuntu repository, so Apollo with their Armbian Ubuntu should have them. Just open terminal and see what you got.
I use very simple and effective "x11vnc" server.

i'll take a look at reinstalling the SD card image.. thank you for the NVMe tip - I'll be sure to disconnect the m.2 before I do that.

For the VNC I followed this tutorial: https://diyprojects.io/armbian-access-remote-desktop-orange-pi-vnc/
But now when I try to use VNC Viewer all I get is a blank grey screen, I've been trying to resolve it all day but had no luck - any suggestions?

thanks

Since the 0.3.1 build you don't need to remove the m.2 drive; that bug has been fixed
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
yes it has a web UI on the local network.
With the same or limited functionality?
If it’s the same, there’s no need for VNC really.

the web ui is the same but you would need VNC to remote into the machine as the UI does not have access to the FutureBitOS or the Pi itself.

Oh yes of course. But for that you can just use SSH, it should be preinstalled.

the web ui is the same but you would need VNC to remote into the machine as the UI does not have access to the FutureBitOS or the Pi itself.
Hey,

I've tried searching and going through the thread to find my answers and can't seem to find the exact answer I am looking for maybe some of you guys know the answers or solutions to my questions.

1. Miner stats on web dashboard not showing even when timezone is set to the UK
I made the mistake of changing the timezone when I first got the machine and read on the forum that I needed to change it back to London - which I did. It was working fine but now its not displaying even with the timezone set to London, United Kingdom
You may need to reinstall SD card image, do updates and see if hashrate is showing. Don't touch timezone. Also when you reinstall, keep NVMe drive disconnected while SD card boots for a first time, otherwise it may get reformatted (as I remember from other posters here). Only plug in after you log in to dashboard for a first time and everything works. That way you not losing anything, bitcoin full node will keep all blocks.

2. Is it possible to install VNC on the FutureBitOS?
I know raspberry pi's has the VNC capabilities, is there a specific version or is it even possible to get VNC on the OS? I want to be able to remote into the device and control it even when I am away from my house.
Yes I use VNC on many Raspberry and other SoC boxes, there are VNC servers in Ubuntu repository, so Apollo with their Armbian Ubuntu should have them. Just open terminal and see what you got.

i'll take a look at reinstalling the SD card image.. thank you for the NVMe tip - I'll be sure to disconnect the m.2 before I do that.

For the VNC I followed this tutorial: https://diyprojects.io/armbian-access-remote-desktop-orange-pi-vnc/
But now when I try to use VNC Viewer all I get is a blank grey screen, I've been trying to resolve it all day but had no luck - any suggestions?

thanks
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
I haven't received my Apollo yet - doesn't it have a web interface in the local network? Or is it theoretically only controllable with HDMI screen and USB keyboard (if not using VNC)?

Pages:
Jump to: