Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 72. (Read 38997 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 1
OMG...OMG...OMG...@jstefanop ...I just got her up and running and she is like is Gorgeous...Gorgeous...Gorgeous... Thank you bro for sharing this astounding and wonderful invention and creation with us all... in my book you be a Crypto God... period!!!! I have not touched a Linux-based desktop or operating-related system in years so I am like wandering in a dark forest...lol...hoping not to blow myself up...lol...  ok so I have a question... I know there be a warning and advisement about how to update the system correctly so that one does not wind up bricking the system...I need advice and direction as to how to proceed to update the system without stepping on a land mine and bricking her... look forward to your response or someone from your team... Smiley

For everyone else...this man and his team are gods...this baby...this device is sheer sweetness and perfection as is...Nuff said!!!... Smiley Grin Cool
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hey..
Now the same funny Thing happend to me...
The Start screen password change 'over night' ...
Is this a Firmware problem or could this be a attack from the internet.

I got 2 full node miners an it happend to both of them.

Update
Problem solved...
Now I tred it from another Device and there is no Login Problem.
Maybe ist the Problem (Login) with the Cookies and/or the Browser.
 Huh

And  i Got another Question to jstefanop
What's about Stratum V2?
Is it possible on a apollo or is it a project for the future?
I tried but the miner dont connect with V2 Adress to the Slushpool...

Thanks.... Cheesy
Activity: 4

Update:  I just went and checked out the hashboard #1 unit and there are none of the yellow lights that are normally flashing on the bottom of the hashboard.   The LED is solid red and the unit is cool to the touch.     I will be away for an hour or so, and I will it sit as is incase any logs need to be pulled.

Did you figure out what was causing this?

How do you do a hard reboot?
[/quote]

There's a button on the bottom, I think that's the reboot Button.
But I'm not Sure....😁

Solid RED led after startup and one flashing green led on the board, on the last unit that will not run, seems to be bricked.

Did you figure out what caused the solid red, I think I'm having the same problem, initial rapid red then stays solid red, green led on board. Tried flashing the card, tried a brand new card in case it was the card, no changes.
I just recd mine and plugged it in.  It worked fine for a few minutes.  When I changed the setting to allow me to edit the performance mode, I was prompted to Save & Restart.  The machine won't restart even with a hard boot.  Suggestions?

How do you do a hard reboot?
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Just noticed this on my Apollo.

The "DISK /MEDIA/NVME USAGE" says "391.61 GB/915.89 GB" but the node dashboard says its using 415.65 GB.

Are the two meant to be the same or am I missing something. How can the blockchain be using more than the OS says it is??
Activity: 882
Merit: 5811
not your keys, not your coins!
Hello everyone,
is the port the same everywhere in the world?
I tried to give the device permission to find the port itself.
I got a port 6100? Which port is the right one in Europe?

Have read that the port 8333 should be correct.
It's always port 8333. Bitcoin doesn't care about your location.

I also only have a maximum of 10/32 connections.
What are more connections good for?
More connections means you're seeding the blockchain to more users / nodes, so it's always good to have many connections. I have typically over 100 on my node (not an Apollo though).

The miner can only mine 3Th. It doesn't matter, doesn't it?
Mining has nothing to do with the node software running on the device. It's just 2 programs in one box in the Apollo. You run a full node and a miner. Many full nodes don't mine, so the hashrate has no impact on the number of connections, no.

Connections are important but whether there are 10 or 30 connections should not burden such a "small" miner?! Small and  sweet... Grin
What is the reason?
No, that's not a large amount of connections, I don't think the software will allow to have more connections than what it can handle.
Hello everyone,
is the port the same everywhere in the world?
I tried to give the device permission to find the port itself.
I got a port 6100? Which port is the right one in Europe?

Have read that the port 8333 should be correct.
I also only have a maximum of 10/32 connections.
What are more connections good for? The miner can only mine 3Th. It doesn't matter, doesn't it?
Connections are important but whether there are 10 or 30 connections should not burden such a "small" miner?! Small and  sweet... Grin
What is the reason?

And another...
Can I connect 2 Full Node Miners together via USB.
If yes, what I have to do?
I dont have another network connection available my WiFi doesnt want to Connect to my Router.

Thanks guys!

p.S: China has just banned the trading of crypto. WOW!!!.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 16
FutureBit ApolloBTC  @ jstefanop

Thank you, I love it. Just arrived, it’s a thing of beauty, she likes it here, let her mine for you for an hour or two with default worker ;-) , just to let you see another worker come online.

Not mined for about 3 yrs as electrickery is not good price in UK, I can warm my room and be happy now.

Your order #4352 is in the mail! Here are the items coming your way:
•   0x PRE-ORDER: Apollo BTC - A Bitcoin ASIC Miner and Desktop Class Computer running a Full Node and Much More! - Batch 2 - Ships in July
The package is being shipped via FedEx to the following address:

Best Wishes, Happiness  and Many Thanks
Terry

Activity: 31

Port forwarding is tied to specific internal IP address, if you switch to wifi youll get another IP address which will break that port forward. There are router settings that will tie your device to a specific IP address though.

BTW now that both Batch 1 and 2 are shipped open those ports up! Very few public Apollo nodes, we should be the #1 or #2 node on the network by now!

Hi John -

Static IPs were assigned in both cases and the rules were modified to ensure the port allocation was tied to the appropriate IP for the machine.  Apparently, for some odd reason, I no longer see the error.  Perhaps it took time for the inbound/outbound assignment to stick (which is weird).

Either way, the node is currently at 31/32 connections with no errors, so I'll take it.  No real difference noted on the pool's (slushpool) hashrate since switching to WiFi... Perhaps a smidge lower.

Thanks again!

--c
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Here’s a weird one… I moved my node into another room and turned on Wi-Fi. Now, whenever my connections exceed 15-16, I receive the following error on the dashboard: Only inbound connections detected, please enable port 8333 on your router port forwarding rules for your Apollo IP address.  

I’m using the same rules as what I had set when I was connected via LAN which, when connected, gave me the maximum connections.

The port is open bi-directional in my router.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-c

Port forwarding is tied to specific internal IP address, if you switch to wifi youll get another IP address which will break that port forward. There are router settings that will tie your device to a specific IP address though.

BTW now that both Batch 1 and 2 are shipped open those ports up! Very few public Apollo nodes, we should be the #1 or #2 node on the network by now!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hello @jstefanop and others,

Still have not found a solution to the following issue, and would appreciate help/insight.

My miner reports "There is a problem fetching system stats (Internal error)" at the top of the UI and is missing most system info.
- No CPU temp is displayed
- No CPU usage % is displayed
- SSD capacity and usage is not displayed
- Memory usage is not displayed.

I have tried rebooting repeatedly, and it has no effect.
(The unit is still hashing normally however)
Is there hardware damage here? Should I reflash the SD card?

Just looking for solutions, thanks!

Have you done the update to the firmware? Should be v0.3.1 on the Web UI.

Did you change the timezone on the device from default setting? If so change it back to London timezone. This is another known issue for next update.
Thanks, should have mentioned that.
Yes running 3.1, and it was running normally on 3.1 for the first month before this issue came up.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925

Still have not found a solution to the following issue, and would appreciate help/insight.

My miner reports "There is a problem fetching system stats (Internal error)" at the top of the UI and is missing most system info.

Yes running 3.1, and it was running normally on 3.1 for the first month before this issue came up.

Sometimes the OTA update can cause some issues. Have you tried flashing a fresh SD card with the 0.3.1 build for good measure?
Here’s a weird one… I moved my node into another room and turned on Wi-Fi. Now, whenever my connections exceed 15-16, I receive the following error on the dashboard: Only inbound connections detected, please enable port 8333 on your router port forwarding rules for your Apollo IP address. 

I’m using the same rules as what I had set when I was connected via LAN which, when connected, gave me the maximum connections.

The port is open bi-directional in my router.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-c
Activity: 17

Activity: 17

1. The Temp top left is the CPU temp. The temp in the hashboard section is the hashboard temp.

2. HW Errors will fluctuate but the longer the unit is on the more stable they become. 0.4-0.9 is perfectly acceptable.

3. Running via Wifi shouldn't effect performance at all, but it all depends on signal strength and other factors which interrupt that signal. Its always best to run an ethernet cable where possible.

Hey, thanks so much for the quick reply.  I appreciate the temp clarification and figured it had to be something else.  Makes sense the CPU was high when I put it in turbo for about an hour during synch.  Good to know about #2. 

As for Wifi, I want to place the unit (+new one once it arrives) into an adjacent room next to the router.  If I see a degradation, it's a short cable run into it.  I want to keep it in my home office, but I found the sound of the fan to be like white noise... It drowns out quiet background music and puts me to sleep.   Grin

Take care and thanks again!
@jstefanop / anybody:

1- Can you please tell me the difference between the two temperature readings on the dashboard? (hashboard and number at top left) and;
2- Hardware errors on the dash bounce between 0.4-0.9.  Why is that?  Lastly;
3 - I'm currently connected via Ethernet with the entire blockchain on the node.  Would running it via WiFi degrade my hashing / pooling numbers?

Thanks in advance for your help as I seek to learn more about this great little miner.

--C

1. The Temp top left is the CPU temp. The temp in the hashboard section is the hashboard temp.

2. HW Errors will fluctuate but the longer the unit is on the more stable they become. 0.4-0.9 is perfectly acceptable.

3. Running via Wifi shouldn't effect performance at all, but it all depends on signal strength and other factors which interrupt that signal. Its always best to run an ethernet cable where possible.
Pages:
Jump to: