Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 74. (Read 39457 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Here’s a weird one… I moved my node into another room and turned on Wi-Fi. Now, whenever my connections exceed 15-16, I receive the following error on the dashboard: Only inbound connections detected, please enable port 8333 on your router port forwarding rules for your Apollo IP address.  

I’m using the same rules as what I had set when I was connected via LAN which, when connected, gave me the maximum connections.

The port is open bi-directional in my router.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-c

Port forwarding is tied to specific internal IP address, if you switch to wifi youll get another IP address which will break that port forward. There are router settings that will tie your device to a specific IP address though.

BTW now that both Batch 1 and 2 are shipped open those ports up! Very few public Apollo nodes, we should be the #1 or #2 node on the network by now!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hello @jstefanop and others,

Still have not found a solution to the following issue, and would appreciate help/insight.

My miner reports "There is a problem fetching system stats (Internal error)" at the top of the UI and is missing most system info.
- No CPU temp is displayed
- No CPU usage % is displayed
- SSD capacity and usage is not displayed
- Memory usage is not displayed.

I have tried rebooting repeatedly, and it has no effect.
(The unit is still hashing normally however)
Is there hardware damage here? Should I reflash the SD card?

Just looking for solutions, thanks!

Have you done the update to the firmware? Should be v0.3.1 on the Web UI.

Did you change the timezone on the device from default setting? If so change it back to London timezone. This is another known issue for next update.
Thanks, should have mentioned that.
Yes running 3.1, and it was running normally on 3.1 for the first month before this issue came up.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925

Still have not found a solution to the following issue, and would appreciate help/insight.

My miner reports "There is a problem fetching system stats (Internal error)" at the top of the UI and is missing most system info.

Yes running 3.1, and it was running normally on 3.1 for the first month before this issue came up.

Sometimes the OTA update can cause some issues. Have you tried flashing a fresh SD card with the 0.3.1 build for good measure?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Here’s a weird one… I moved my node into another room and turned on Wi-Fi. Now, whenever my connections exceed 15-16, I receive the following error on the dashboard: Only inbound connections detected, please enable port 8333 on your router port forwarding rules for your Apollo IP address. 

I’m using the same rules as what I had set when I was connected via LAN which, when connected, gave me the maximum connections.

The port is open bi-directional in my router.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-c
Activity: 17

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

Activity: 17

1. The Temp top left is the CPU temp. The temp in the hashboard section is the hashboard temp.

2. HW Errors will fluctuate but the longer the unit is on the more stable they become. 0.4-0.9 is perfectly acceptable.

3. Running via Wifi shouldn't effect performance at all, but it all depends on signal strength and other factors which interrupt that signal. Its always best to run an ethernet cable where possible.

Hey, thanks so much for the quick reply.  I appreciate the temp clarification and figured it had to be something else.  Makes sense the CPU was high when I put it in turbo for about an hour during synch.  Good to know about #2. 

As for Wifi, I want to place the unit (+new one once it arrives) into an adjacent room next to the router.  If I see a degradation, it's a short cable run into it.  I want to keep it in my home office, but I found the sound of the fan to be like white noise... It drowns out quiet background music and puts me to sleep.   Grin

Take care and thanks again!
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
@jstefanop / anybody:

1- Can you please tell me the difference between the two temperature readings on the dashboard? (hashboard and number at top left) and;
2- Hardware errors on the dash bounce between 0.4-0.9.  Why is that?  Lastly;
3 - I'm currently connected via Ethernet with the entire blockchain on the node.  Would running it via WiFi degrade my hashing / pooling numbers?

Thanks in advance for your help as I seek to learn more about this great little miner.

--C

1. The Temp top left is the CPU temp. The temp in the hashboard section is the hashboard temp.

2. HW Errors will fluctuate but the longer the unit is on the more stable they become. 0.4-0.9 is perfectly acceptable.

3. Running via Wifi shouldn't effect performance at all, but it all depends on signal strength and other factors which interrupt that signal. Its always best to run an ethernet cable where possible.
@jstefanop / anybody:

1- Can you please tell me the difference between the two temperature readings on the dashboard? (hashboard and number at top left) and;
2- Hardware errors on the dash bounce between 0.4-0.9.  Why is that?  Lastly;
3 - I'm currently connected via Ethernet with the entire blockchain on the node.  Would running it via WiFi degrade my hashing / pooling numbers?

Thanks in advance for your help as I seek to learn more about this great little miner.

--C
Activity: 658
Merit: 118

GPU miner here, been running dual PSUs for last decade. My typical rig consists of one motherboard, 6 or 8 cards, two PSUs 650-850W each, for total of 1100-1200W per rig. They are running for years on end, without any reboots.
I presume you just speaking from what you heard, not real experience?
I agree, that running two PSUs on one electrical device (like one Apollo or one GPU) is a no no. But don't extrapolate that to "One should NEVER try to run ANY sort of PSU's in parallel" (your quote), because that's BS.

Are you running your PSUs in parallel or in series though?  It seems you have one set of things powered by one and another set of things powering separate items. The current only flows through one path in a series setup.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Thats not a problem as long as you plug in both PCIE cables from the same PSU to the back of the Apollo, and the PSU has at least 200-300 watts headroom for the Apollo.

Issue come in when you try to plug in two separate power supplies in the back of the Apollo (ie some people think if they have 100 watt headroom in one PSU, and 200 watts in another, they'll just plug in one PCIE cable from each PSU to the back of the Apollo...THIS IS THE FIRE HAZARD. Even a small imbalance in voltage will cause major current to flow between the PSUs and melt the cables/start a fire.
Emphasis mine.
Ja. One should NEVER try to run ANY sort of PSU's in parallel. Because they are independent devices they will literally fight each other. If you want to run PSU's in parallel they MUST be designed for it (master-slave modes) and wired accordingly.

GPU miner here, been running dual PSUs for last decade. My typical rig consists of one motherboard, 6 or 8 cards, two PSUs 650-850W each, for total of 1100-1200W per rig. They are running for years on end, without any reboots.
I presume you just speaking from what you heard, not real experience?
I agree, that running two PSUs on one electrical device (like one Apollo or one GPU) is a no no. But don't extrapolate that to "One should NEVER try to run ANY sort of PSU's in parallel" (your quote), because that's BS.
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
One other question: My BTC is running on turbo.  The hashboard shows:

HASHBOARD #0
Hashrate 3.12 Th/s
Temp 68°c   
Fan Speed   2828 rpm
Power 202 W    
Voltage 8.26 v   
Error   0.9%
Active ASICs 44

However, the hashrate is 3.10 Th/s and the temp is 81.67°c at the top left of the dashboard.

While I'm inclined to believe the lower number, he top number has me worried.  Any guidance?

Thanks!

I use my in echo mode. until node was fully sync it was above 70 now it less 60.

Are you running node? in case node sync you might see high temp SBC comp? I believe recommendation while node in sync don't run turbo.

Yeah, I was running it in turbo mode for about an hour while the last tenth of a percent of the blockchain was synchronizing.  Rookie mistake that could've cost me my hardware.  Everything is all caught-up, I have 29/32 connections with the following stats:

HASHBOARD #0
Hashrate 3.03 Th/s
Temp 66°c   
Fan Speed   2823 rpm
Power 203 W    
Voltage 8.31v   
Error   0.9%
Active ASICs 44

The temp is 60.00°c at the top left of the dashboard.

What is the difference between the two temperatures?  Different components?

Well I thought I had it but I havent. Miner restarted and now stuck at 10 connections again. I've checked the port is open with various checkers online and the IP address for the Apollo is static. Also allowed port access with my firewall (not that it should affect the router I suppose as its on my main PC). But still its stuck at 10 connections.

Did you ever solve this?  

I just got my device, port forwarded 8333 and cannot get above 10 connections.  It's ramps right up and hit that 10 ceiling.

wait until node fully sync.
Activity: 2
Well I thought I had it but I havent. Miner restarted and now stuck at 10 connections again. I've checked the port is open with various checkers online and the IP address for the Apollo is static. Also allowed port access with my firewall (not that it should affect the router I suppose as its on my main PC). But still its stuck at 10 connections.

Did you ever solve this?  

I just got my device, port forwarded 8333 and cannot get above 10 connections.  It's ramps right up and hit that 10 ceiling.

Are you done synchronizing with the blockchain?  If not, that is probably why.  Let the node fully synch and see what happens.

Yes, only at 60%.  Was hoping to get it moving faster.  I'll check again tomorrow, should be caught up then.  Thx

Did you ever solve this?  

Are you done synchronizing with the blockchain?  If not, that is probably why.  Let the node fully synch and see what happens.

HASHBOARD #0
Hashrate 3.12 Th/s
Temp 68°c   
Fan Speed   2828 rpm
Power 202 W    
Voltage 8.26 v   
Error   0.9%
Active ASICs 44

However, the hashrate is 3.10 Th/s and the temp is 81.67°c at the top left of the dashboard.

While I'm inclined to believe the lower number, he top number has me worried.  Any guidance?

Thanks!

Are you running node? in case node sync you might see high temp SBC comp? I believe recommendation while node in sync don't run turbo.

Yeah, I was running it in turbo mode for about an hour while the last tenth of a percent of the blockchain was synchronizing.  Rookie mistake that could've cost me my hardware.  Everything is all caught-up, I have 29/32 connections with the following stats:

HASHBOARD #0
Hashrate 3.03 Th/s
Temp 66°c   
Fan Speed   2823 rpm
Power 203 W    
Voltage 8.31v   
Error   0.9%
Active ASICs 44

The temp is 60.00°c at the top left of the dashboard.

What is the difference between the two temperatures?  Different components?

Activity: 2

Did you ever solve this?  

HASHBOARD #0
Hashrate 3.12 Th/s
Temp 68°c   
Fan Speed   2828 rpm
Power 202 W    
Voltage 8.26 v   
Error   0.9%
Active ASICs 44

Thanks!

HASHBOARD #0
Hashrate 3.12 Th/s
Temp 68°c   
Fan Speed   2828 rpm
Power 202 W    
Voltage 8.26 v   
Error   0.9%
Active ASICs 44

Thanks!

Pages:
Jump to: