Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 10. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Does running a full node affect the units hash rate?
Also, I have 2 Apollo's. If I decide to go the full node route, should I put a full node on both units?

No it does not, the only effect you might see if a less response Web UI while the node is loading for the first 15-30 minutes after you start it up and while its syncing.

Hello there

upgraded my both Apollo batch 1 to full nodes, running fine so far.
Indeed only one can use the uPnP, the second one gets dismissed, e.g. debug.log of litecoind one second node.
2020-08-02T17:34:30Z AddPortMapping(9333, 9333, xxxx) failed with code 718 (ConflictInMappingEntry)
It's clear because I just have a single internet connection (public IP) on the ip table of the internet modem does not allow duplicate entries for same incoming port 9333.

There I tried to following, routed to port to another internal rasbpi device, installed HAproxy on it and noted both apollos as backend server.
Does not really work. I believe the litecoin client must use the "externalip" command, but this is just a thought.

So if anybody got two apollo full nodes behind a single IP running, I'm pretty thankful?

Many thx
WB
Activity: 84
I would like to remote access my 2x Apollo’s. What ports do I need to forward?

Thanks

Can anyone help with this.  Huh

I have forwarded port 80 but get stuck on the setup page, even though the Apollo is working (for months)

Have updated to the latest image and fowarded Ports 80 and 5000 to the Apollo but still no joy logging in remotely (iPhone). It asks for Password but then never loads.

Can anyone help?
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Thank you! Its fan Smiley

Somehow it's working now periodically on and off.

I guess its controlled by KSD 9700 250V 5A 65C sensor Grin

I think it was de-attached from metal surface. Perhaps during shipping.

It was mount using some kind of sticky glue.

Not sure what it is.

Yes the fan in the PSU is controlled by a temp sensor and only comes on periodically. We had some issues with that sensor getting unstuck but most were caught before shipping.

Thank you, Whats glue would you recommend to use in case I need it in future?
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

Not sure what it is.

Yes the fan in the PSU is controlled by a temp sensor and only comes on periodically. We had some issues with that sensor getting unstuck but most were caught before shipping.
I just got my first FB Apollo  set it all up like it says but no matter what pool i assign it to it just HW errors never starts hashing 

I have tried everything   i have a dozen antminers never had this happen  anyone?

I recently received  my and I don't have any issues.

My FB is full node package with micro and usb.
Activity: 2
I just got my first FB Apollo  set it all up like it says but no matter what pool i assign it to it just HW errors never starts hashing 

I have tried everything   i have a dozen antminers never had this happen  anyone?

Not sure what it is.

Activity: 748
Merit: 523
I am getting MCU temperature: 79.01°C is it OK?
Well, this is near "maximum normal" temp. Check dont go up. 90º not safe. I prefer to run them about 70º. I use underclocking and easily get temps near 60º.

On the back of miner we have two by 6 connectors, but power supply has only one  with 6 wires connector.
Which one is to connect left or right?  Undecided
Not 100% sure, but I remenber to read that PCIE rigth conector is main conector, left auxiliary conector. Better to plug in right conector. Not a problem anyway.

Also power supply has fun inside when it should start ?
Always from On or only when it necessary with certain temperature?    Undecided
Fun or Fan? ;-). Dont worry about this. Just touch PSU brick. It must be WARM, NOT HOT.
Hello!

FutureBit Apollo full node batch 3 owners Smiley

I am getting MCU temperature: 79.01°C is it OK?

Can somebody help me with Futurebit Apollo 200w for batch 3.

On the back of miner we have two by 6 connectors, but power supply has only one  with 6 wires connector.

Which one is to connect left or right?  Undecided

Also power supply has fun inside when it should start ?

Always from On or only when it necessary with certain temperature?    Undecided

Thank you Smiley
Activity: 6
Hello everyone I'm not sure if this is appropriate place to put this. But The Holy Roger has set up a pool for LTC 2% fee just my Apollo and his that use it. We welcome all Apollo's to join the pool and hopefully get blocks along the way. I apologize in advanced if this is not proper area to post. mining.theholyroger.com
Hey there. I've run into a problem after adding 2 additional units. I was able to setup the 2 new units and can see their dashboards, but now I am unable to access the dashboard for the first unit. I can see it is still mining at the pool it was set to but I cannot get to the dashboard. I used Angry IP scanner and can see the two new units listed but the first unit is not on the list.

CHECK YOUR ANTIVIRUS--

Your AV software may be blocking the graphics update pushed from the Apollo.       --scryptr

Thank you.

I need to flash my SD card on two of the units after some suspected corruption due to a prolonged power outage. I downloaded the img file and etcher.io and was able to flash the cards successfully. When I powered on the two units one of them made a small sound and then stopped with no lights visible. The other unit started up lights flashing and the fan stuck in high speed. I have been unable to tell it to stop running so I turned it off.
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
Hey there. I've run into a problem after adding 2 additional units. I was able to setup the 2 new units and can see their dashboards, but now I am unable to access the dashboard for the first unit. I can see it is still mining at the pool it was set to but I cannot get to the dashboard. I used Angry IP scanner and can see the two new units listed but the first unit is not on the list.

CHECK YOUR ANTIVIRUS--

Your AV software may be blocking the graphics update pushed from the Apollo.       --scryptr
Activity: 84
I would like to remote access my 2x Apollo’s. What ports do I need to forward?

Thanks

Can anyone help with this.  Huh

I have forwarded port 80 but get stuck on the setup page, even though the Apollo is working (for months)

Hummm, interesting, so my full node is not validating transactions from everyone else even when connected to the publicj network? If I do not make transactions on my own then what is the point? how is that we are helping the network?

Of course, no. Only fullnodes+mining add transactions to the blockchain (this means full nodes from pools, and private big miners doing solo-mining).

Full nodes whithout mining only helps by checking blocks (blockchain integrity), and spread them to the network.
Activity: 11

Hummm, interesting, so my full node is not validating transactions from everyone else even when connected to the publicj network? If I do not make transactions on my own then what is the point? how is that we are helping the network?

Are full LTC nodes getting any rewards for validating transactions? maybe a silly question or already answered before. Thanks

No, you don't get any reward for running a LTC full node.
You are validating blocks and their transactions only for the integrity of your local blockchain copy not for anybody else. Though once you are synched people can also download blocks from you.

legendary
Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564
精神分析的爸
Are full LTC nodes getting any rewards for validating transactions? maybe a silly question or already answered before. Thanks

No, you don't get any reward for running a LTC full node.
You are validating blocks and their transactions only for the integrity of your local blockchain copy not for anybody else. Though once you are synched people can also download blocks from you.

Activity: 47
Merit: 2
Great thank you so much jstefanop for all the work !
Here is a feature request for next update :

For example, I'd like to have the possibility to set the miner on balanced mode from 07:00PM to 07:00 AM and on another mode for another amount of time set in hours.

What do you think ?

This would be very nice... By night (cheaper electricity) FULL MODE, by day ECO mode... Please jstefanop, think about it...

People (like me) with high electricity prices need this. And this will be a new feature no other ASIC has (pro miners don't need this, but hobby/home miners need it). Sure you are trying to build a "different miner" Wink.

Don't forget this, please. Not sure if easy to add this feature. I have kwh price about 0,10 € with sunlight. About 0.05 € by night. You know  Wink.

I emphasize that this option is very important.
Activity: 11
@jstefanop

Great thank you so much jstefanop for all the work !
Here is a feature request for next update :

For example, I'd like to have the possibility to set the miner on balanced mode from 07:00PM to 07:00 AM and on another mode for another amount of time set in hours.

What do you think ?

This would be very nice... By night (cheaper electricity) FULL MODE, by day ECO mode... Please jstefanop, think about it...

People (like me) with high electricity prices need this. And this will be a new feature no other ASIC has (pro miners don't need this, but hobby/home miners need it). Sure you are trying to build a "different miner" Wink.

Don't forget this, please. Not sure if easy to add this feature. I have kwh price about 0,10 € with sunlight. About 0.05 € by night. You know  Wink.
Pages:
Jump to: