Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) - page 4. (Read 495962 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 251
WTF happened to Bitinstant?

Really? What am I supposed to do now?

Hmm...well if you're looking for an alternate person to just give money away to, I'll take it.  That's all Bitinstant was the last few months.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Really? What am I supposed to do now?
Activity: 10
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
What a shame. There was so much potential there.

I guess this really shows how customer service can make or break a company. Hopefully a well run company will fill the gap...
Well they took BitInstant down.   All of you who called it in this thread got it right.  Look at they're site

Yeah, my guess is that this is the end.  Too bad; they started off like a great, legitimate service.  I don't know what happened, but maybe this will clear the way for a well-heeled competitor.  Coinbase started instant purchases the other day (though you have to be an established customer).

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Well they took BitInstant down.   All of you who called it in this thread got it right.  Look at they're site
I already found alternative ways to fund my coins that are reliable. I think they will eventually get these issues resolved but i don't care as i will never use them again. There are other ways some easy but more expensive and some harder but cheaper to make it happen. I am on vacation shortly and i am planning on setting up numerous alternatives so i will never be tempted because of desperation to use Bitinstant again. I am offended deeply by the lack of response or truthful explanations going on now and in the past. I already found a way to get a small amount of coins into my account and it took only 12 hours but cost me 15%. I've got alternative ways that will be much cheaper and then i will purchase what i really need once set up. I suggest others do the same. Let them know how you feel by ensuring you never use them again. Over a week now with not 1 rep from their company responding in this forum. They ignore PM's also and only give generic automated responses to tickets submitted not to mention their website won't function for going on at least 2 weeks not even including all the past issues.  That is unacceptable.

+1

I've had many good experiences with BitInstant. However, the problems with failed payments (I've had two), persistent down time, and general lack of customer support have left me determined to have multiple other reliable funding options. This will allow me to ensure I can finally abandon them once and for all.

It seems as though the "handwriting is on the wall" regarding the fate of BitInstant - I can't see them staying in business much longer, short of some pretty drastic changes.

Since the staff isn't posting here anymore, maybe this thread could become a listing of alternative funding methods...    Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
The site still shows VouchX as one of the destinations for "Transfer".  I thought VouchX was done for.  Is this simply a site error, or has VouchX been revived from the dead?
Activity: 40
LOL now they changed their message to "please read our blog update about transactions in some states". Meanwhile nothing in on the blog and no updates are available about what states are working. Still ignored in the help forum for support also. Aholes.
I already found alternative ways to fund my coins that are reliable. I think they will eventually get these issues resolved but i don't care as i will never use them again. There are other ways some easy but more expensive and some harder but cheaper to make it happen. I am on vacation shortly and i am planning on setting up numerous alternatives so i will never be tempted because of desperation to use Bitinstant again. I am offended deeply by the lack of response or truthful explanations going on now and in the past. I already found a way to get a small amount of coins into my account and it took only 12 hours but cost me 15%. I've got alternative ways that will be much cheaper and then i will purchase what i really need once set up. I suggest others do the same. Let them know how you feel by ensuring you never use them again. Over a week now with not 1 rep from their company responding in this forum. They ignore PM's also and only give generic automated responses to tickets submitted not to mention their website won't function for going on at least 2 weeks not even including all the past issues.  That is unacceptable.
PLEASE HELP! First Bitinstant experience and it has gone horrible.

Transaction #: 0c541a4a-9bc3-4778-a9eb-02f38933ff98

I have a coinapult error and no one at Bitinstant has been able to give any kind of explanation as to why I am waiting days instead of an hour for my coins.
Seems like very shady business practices but I really needed these coins in my wallet. This has put me in a real bad spot..

Order ID: 788abb7a-44f2-4504-acbb-37a7e7dc9d53
Event ID: 5d04aace-66a8-4d09-a163-c56de7dc8cb1 (coinapult error)

Any help would be much appreciated but I really cant wait 1-3 days for these funds. You cant claim to provide coins in an hour and then not provide them and hold peoples money for an unknown amout of time. I understand things come up but this is a bit ridiculous. Dont promise so much if you cant consistently deliver.

A few things:

1) See http://bitinstantscam.com/ .  48.6% of orders are showing up as never delivered - as in money simply gone.

2) The last post from a Bitinstant rep here was June 28, 2013 @ 05:29:52 PM pacific time.  Nearly 2 weeks ago.  They had to lay off their customer service people; Bitinstant is largely a ghost ship now.

3) Don't send Bitinstant any more money.  See if you can get a refund from the ZipZap/CashPayment.com people, and if you can't, chalk it up as a lesson learned.  Always do your research on the current status of a company in the Bitcoin industry - they die off fast.

4) Use localbitcoins.com .  You'll feel a little like you're doing a drug deal buying coins in person, but you'll get used to it.  If you can wait a few days, use Coinbase
Activity: 1
PLEASE HELP! First Bitinstant experience and it has gone horrible.

Transaction #: 0c541a4a-9bc3-4778-a9eb-02f38933ff98

I have a coinapult error and no one at Bitinstant has been able to give any kind of explanation as to why I am waiting days instead of an hour for my coins.
Seems like very shady business practices but I really needed these coins in my wallet. This has put me in a real bad spot..

Order ID: 788abb7a-44f2-4504-acbb-37a7e7dc9d53
Event ID: 5d04aace-66a8-4d09-a163-c56de7dc8cb1 (coinapult error)

Any help would be much appreciated but I really cant wait 1-3 days for these funds. You cant claim to provide coins in an hour and then not provide them and hold peoples money for an unknown amout of time. I understand things come up but this is a bit ridiculous. Dont promise so much if you cant consistently deliver.
Alright, this sucks. Every time I REALLY need to fund, stupid BitInstant is down. I am SO DONE with this service.

I'm off to find alternatives. BitInstant - I know there probably isn't anyone at your company that still gives a crap, but you have permanently lost yet another customer here.

I swear, I'd be better off trying to power a bitcoin miner with a bicycle! I'd get my coins faster! Sheesh...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
You guys are bitching about 24 hours, how about read the last few pages of this thread before posting.

I'm on day 17.

As with all things BTC read up before using a service.  Even if you have used it before.   
Activity: 5
What happened to all the deposit locations ? no walmart , no cvs ?  

I still get some options , but they are scattered far and wide , and all small businesses and such .

what happened ? will they come back ? can i still just make an order and go to walmart ? or will it not work now
Activity: 2
"BitInstant Transaction Failed" - add another to the list...  Cry

I deposited <$100 cash to money gram yesterday.  Within 15 mins I received the ZipZap email "Successful ZipZap Payment"

Oddly, 13 minutes **EARLIER** than the ZipZap email, bitinstant already emailed me with the generic "BitInstant Transaction Failed" error email.

I was trying to do a cash>moneygram>BI>virwox transfer.  Under the event log in BI, details are "07/09/13 11:14    Virwox Transfer Failed    c3091911-84aa-4133-b063-2b7547af3ead"

I already double checked everything in the order, my virwox username is correct and all transaction details.

I then opened a support ticket because waiting over 3 hours with no update is frustrating when this seems like a simple matter.  My ticket is Case #29901... I even sent alternate wallet #'s to send the coins in case their 3rd party support is down (ie transfer directly to virwox user)

This is getting ridiculous... over 24 hours and not even a response of any sort.  I would've just used Virwox to set a limit order if I wanted to wait 2 days for a purchase.  Is it time to go to the BBB and to ask ZipZap to recoup the money before this sits any longer?  What's going on with this company?
Activity: 3
I have used bitinstant a few times before and had no problems as a guest.  This last time I made a account in my name and with all honest info given,an now have a problem.  I put the money in on 7-6 and still no coins.  I got a e-mail saying
This email is to notify you that while we received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jul 06 2013 16:36:16, meaning your order has currently failed.
Transaction ID: XXXXX
If you contact support about this transaction, please reference this number so we can help you more quickly.
Your payment of XXXX has NOT yet been transferred to bitcoin.
Our customer support agents have been informed of this problem and are currently investigating the problem. An agent will be in touch with you shortly regarding your account and what the next steps are. Until we understand what the issue with your transaction is, we suggest that you avoid creating further orders at BitInstant.com (in case you have entered account numbers incorrectly).
Again, we have automatically created a support ticket about this issue and you do not need to create one manually. We will contact you shortly to help resolve your issue.

I have got no answers or response back, I register just like they ask me to do and didn't lie about any of the info asked on the questions they ask and this is how they treat you afterwards....
I suppose it depends on what state you live in if you can use their service. It's not working where I am located and look at how many people are waiting on their coins for long periods of time. They are so disorganized now they can not even respond to people who have paid money and not received their coins. They can not provide a reasonable explanation or a time frame in which things will be resolved. What kind of professionalism or good business is that. They don't care about their customers enough to take them seriously because they are the only one with this kind of service. There are a lot of other ways however to obtain bitcoins and you do not need a bank account or to give your personal information. I will not use them again.
Activity: 6
Today I deposited $50 through BitInstant because another service I deposited more in (CampBX) is taking quite a long time. While my first transaction with BitInstant a few weeks ago was far from easy (I received no reply through email and only had my bitcoins sent after complaining in this forum), this second one was great. I dropped the money off at a MoneyGram place and when I got home 2 hours later, my bitcoins were in my wallet.

If you guys could deliver such prompt and easy service consistently, there's no doubt in my mind you could become the #1 exchange. There's just no other place that'll convert cash to bitcoins quickly without providing bank account details.
Activity: 28
sent 2 transactions cash to wallet. first was a test for 100.00 went through. second for 400.00 went through. no problems.
Pages:
Jump to: