Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion - page 13. (Read 74783 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
ouch on shipping cost LOL but it is 2-day Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1004
OK
Just got a reply from [email protected] regarding aarch64.
The source code for diamond, specifically scrypt-arm.S does NOT support aarch64 Sad
Contact listed was [email protected] in source code.

As documented, there is no Aarch64 implementation in cpuminer.
I do plan to add one in the future, time allowing.

At least I identified problem but have not solved it yet ...

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function `scrypt(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned int*, void*)':
scrypt_mine.cpp:(.text+0x5c): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:302: recipe for target 'diamond-qt' failed
make: *** [diamond-qt] Error 1

this is caused by scrypt_core() not being compiled.
src/scrypt-arm.S does not support aarch64 (arm8).  

From crashoverride on forum.odroid.com
The .S files are unique to each processor architecture.   They are not interchangeable.  Someone will need to author a version of the .S file for aarch64 before it will work.

If you are going to get one, they are sold-out until middle of April, however I found mine at USA distributor (may still be available there) http://ameridroid.com

Thanks for the feedback and link, I ll be able to help when I get the PINE64+ (64bit) or after when I can order the Ondroid,
already checked the link and cost, so should be ready to get it after PINE64+.

Just got a reply from [email protected] regarding aarch64.
The source code for diamond, specifically scrypt-arm.S does NOT support aarch64 Sad
Contact listed was [email protected] in source code.

As documented, there is no Aarch64 implementation in cpuminer.
I do plan to add one in the future, time allowing.

At least I identified problem but have not solved it yet ...

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function `scrypt(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned int*, void*)':
scrypt_mine.cpp:(.text+0x5c): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:302: recipe for target 'diamond-qt' failed
make: *** [diamond-qt] Error 1

this is caused by scrypt_core() not being compiled.
src/scrypt-arm.S does not support aarch64 (arm8).  

From crashoverride on forum.odroid.com
The .S files are unique to each processor architecture.   They are not interchangeable.  Someone will need to author a version of the .S file for aarch64 before it will work.

If you are going to get one, they are sold-out until middle of April, however I found mine at USA distributor (may still be available there) http://ameridroid.com
Activity: 672

Would that affect how many wallets I could have open ? Want something that can have like 10-15 wallets open

I should be running some stress tests with the PINE64+ as soon as we get it, I feel it could handle that quantity of wallets
in their node instances (non graphical) , else just get 2 devices and should have no troubles, will know for sure after it gets here.
We are official backers for the PINE64+ IoT device as well.

Please do let me know. i am very interested. i could run 2 of those no problem. Cheap enough too
legendary
OK
Definitly gonna do this. How hard is it to get other coins on here ?
I have
DMD, OK Cash, Transfercoin, Netcoin, Sprouts, Evergreencoin, Bitbay, Hyperstake,Primecoin
and will be adding
Solarcoin, Gridcoina and Qara

Are the ones that aren't on Rokos hard to add ?
Awesome job btw. It's slick!

Thank you,

Coins are easy to add as the system includes most of the required libraries already,
if you would like to see your favorite cryptocurrency permanently included in ROKOS
you can give them a shout to get in contact with us and claim a per release or permanent position promo, an honor to cross collaborate.
legendary
OK
What is the way to move swap file to hdd ?

you dont really need to move it, i would not recommend, it could bring other issues by doing so, by increasing its size you should have no issues,

if still want to do for testing, you could try creating the new swap file on the hdd and just change it on fstab:

sudo mkdir -p /var/cache/swap/   # create a driectory that holds the swap file
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/cache/swap/myswap bs=1M count=4096 # for 4 GByte
sudo chmod 0600 /var/cache/swap/myswap # only root can access
sudo mkswap /var/cache/swap/myswap # format as swap
sudo swapon /var/cache/swap/myswap # announce to system

Insert the following line in /etc/fstab for swap from the next boot:

/var/cache/swap/myswap    none    swap    sw    0   0
legendary
OK
I have rokos on a pi2
My hdd mounted in fstab

But the swap in rokos is not a partition but a swap file and I don't know how to set it up.

I will google it Wink

how do i change the swap size?

Use the following command to change the default swap size:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/dphys-swapfile

Make sure it reads CONF_SWAPSIZE=1024
Use the left/right arrow keys to navigate the file.
After change is done, press Ctrl+O followed by the Enter key to save the file.
Then, press Ctrl+X to exit the editor.

Use the following commands to enable the swap file with its new size:

Code:
sudo dphys-swapfile setup

sudo dphys-swapfile swapon

You can check the new active swap size with: 
Code:
free -m
legendary
OK
That Pine 64+ 2GB looks sweet and damn its cheap
https://www.pine64.com/

But it's only 1.2GHZ :~

The Odroid C2  is 2GHZ Quad core and 2G ram

Would that affect how many wallets I could have open ? Want something that can have like 10-15 wallets open

I should be running some stress tests with the PINE64+ as soon as we get it, I feel it could handle that quantity of wallets
in their node instances (non graphical) , else just get 2 devices and should have no troubles, will know for sure after it gets here.
We are official backers for the PINE64+ IoT device as well.

I have rokos on a pi2
My hdd mounted in fstab

But the swap in rokos is not a partition but a swap file and I don't know how to set it up.

I will google it Wink
I'm running Ubuntu 64 on Odroid C2 so ymmv.

I would NOT recommend USB drive as this will only SLOW system down.  Best solution is RAM, and limit number of wallets, run multiple RPI for a few wallets each.
What is the way to move swap file to hdd ?
on a SBC I would imagine USB drive.  With ROKOS I don't really know but I would start with /etc/mtab.

I would think so, I would not run more than 4 or 5 wallets in 2G ram, monitor the system with top from the command line and see how much swap is being used ... u don't want ram swapping to SD, the have limited write life span.

So what would the cheapest solution be for me if I just want 15-20 wallets open 24/7 ?
Cheap laptop or something ?

ram is of main concern for number of wallets open.  but u will also need more speed from cpu for that many wallets.
where u start to run into problems is when u are using swap file ...
So would I see a real world difference with 2 GHZ ? I'm just gonna use it for wallets.
Sorry tech illiterate.
I would think so, I would not run more than 4 or 5 wallets in 2G ram, monitor the system with top from the command line and see how much swap is being used ... u don't want ram swapping to SD, the have limited write life span.

ram is of main concern for number of wallets open.  but u will also need more speed from cpu for that many wallets.
So would I see a real world difference with 2 GHZ ? I'm just gonna use it for wallets.
Sorry tech illiterate.

I'm having trouble compiling DMD for ODROID C2 with Ubuntu 64 bit, any plans to release 64 bit version of ROKOS?
Trouble seems to be with qmake and make scripts (only armv6 and armv7 cases are checked for, need to add support for armv8).

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function 'scrypt(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned int*, void*)':
scrypt_mine.cpp: (.text+05c): undefined reference to 'scrypt_core'

https://community.arm.com/groups/processors/blog/2014/03/25/an-introduction-to-porting-to-arm-64-bit

Atm Im waiting for the Pi 3 and most expected PINE64+ system (very similar specs with this ondroid)

I ll be able to work on them and share the new OS when i get the devices, as for Ondroid yes, we could release a version for it after, so I
can order a device first and do proper testing on it when done with the Pi 3 and PINE64+ releases.
Odroid C2 is very similar in specs to Pi 3, but has 2G ram vs 1G for the Pi3.  
uname -p returns aarch64, it is running ubuntu 16.04 64 bit (still experimental release due mid-April).
Definitly gonna do this. How hard is it to get other coins on here ?
I have
DMD, OK Cash, Transfercoin, Netcoin, Sprouts, Evergreencoin, Bitbay, Hyperstake,Primecoin
and will be adding
Solarcoin, Gridcoina and Qara

Are the ones that aren't on Rokos hard to add ?
Awesome job btw. It's slick!
Pages:
Jump to: