Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion - page 10. (Read 74683 times)

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004
OK
Our wallpaper.

Hope you like it Cheesy

Downloaded, thanks for sharing ^^,!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001
Don't look at my signature!
Our wallpaper.

Hope you like it Cheesy

legendary
OK

Our Partner ROKOS in Turbocharged: Grand Prix!

http://bit.ly/208QMPH

Congratulations to the Gamecredits community and thanks for the cross support!
Launch in 12 more hours! Thanks for sharing, Amazing!
We invite the community to go check it out and have fun.
Activity: 322
Merit: 260

Our Partner ROKOS in Turbocharged: Grand Prix!

http://bit.ly/208QMPH
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I settled on Ubuntu 16.04 lts (xenial) for the Odroid C2, Odrobian is still quite buggy and debian (jessie) ARM64 repository  way behind.  
Ubuntu has gcc compiler 5.3.1 Smiley DMD wallet now running < 10% Cpu Smiley
legendary
OK
It consumes more processor power than ram,
running some tests, so far so good,
yes, might be posible to run a coin and the server, will
give it more tests, PINE64 will bring a whole lot of power to it
also, will report back its performance, at the moment the
open bazaar software gets updated constantly fixing/improving,
so is a lot of fun.
legendary
OK

OpenBazaar full integration done. Permanently included in
ROKOS #Bitcoin #Fullnode OS for #RaspberryPi and #IoT Devices

https://twitter.com/BitcoinFullnode/status/717532843098955776
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
update from my stability issues with rokos and RPi2 they happen just when 2 coins started
in that case it was DMD with ENRG
Most likely a memory problem.
Run 'top' and see how much swap space available ... swap space was initially disabled on odroid C2 ...

rokos have 1gb swap default
update from my stability issues with rokos and RPi2 they happen just when 2 coins started
Most likely a memory problem.
Run 'top' and see how much swap space available ... swap space was initially disabled on odroid C2 ...
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

for run multiple coins i guess u should make sure u have a 2 GB ram plattform

the language issues i face inside QT wallets with german keybord are still not solved

is there any german user with german keyboard who dont face that issues?
Activity: 344
Merit: 251
Hi, is there any chance of adding a Myriad coin wallet? Thanks Smiley

Hi,

Coins are easy to add as the system includes most of the required libraries already,
if you would like to see Myriad cryptocurrency permanently included in ROKOS
you can give their devs/community a shout to get in contact with us and claim a per release or permanent position promo,
an honor to cross collaborate.
You say that coins are easy  to add. I have a pi3. Is there a guide, I can follow to add a coin not presently on flavors?

Yes, will create a tutorial for it over the tutorials section at github to then add it to the website,
please check https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/tree/master/tutorials in the coming days
for that tutorial update/addition.
Thank you
legendary
OK

Hi,

Coins are easy to add as the system includes most of the required libraries already,
you can give their devs/community a shout to get in contact with us and claim a per release or permanent position promo,
You say that coins are easy  to add. I have a pi3. Is there a guide, I can follow to add a coin not presently on flavors?

Yes, will create a tutorial for it over the tutorials section at github to then add it to the website,
please check https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/tree/master/tutorials in the coming days
for that tutorial update/addition.
Activity: 344
Merit: 251

Hi,

legendary
OK
We support mainly the Raspberry Pi devices being the ones with the biggest community of devs/users out there.
Main devices to support are PINE64 being ROKOS an official backer.
Will support odroid devices as demand requires, sadly so far you seem to be the only odroid user at the moment, even so
already added it to the list of devices for after covering the main ones. (tried to order one but they are not available for order till april 22nd)
PINE64 cost = 29 USD , ODROID c2 cost = 41.95 USD
PINE64 = more bang for your buck.
C2 cost from manufacturer $40.
For $11.00 more u get 0.8 GHz more and a newer video core + 4 USB ports vs 2 USB ports for PINE64+
I happen to use all 4 USB too Smiley

Odroid C2 2 GHz 2G ram ARMv8 cortex-a53 cpu Mali450 video core + other features like built in IR remote control support.  Running OS already.  4 USB ports.

PINE 64+ 1.2 GHz 2G ram ARMv8 cortex-at53 cpu Mali 400 video core.  2 USB ports.

Actually ROKOS for PINE64+ will probably run on Odroid C2 with little modification ...

Agreed, will be nice to test, Ill update you when the PINE64+ device arrives so we can run some tests.

Thanks a lot for your support and detailed feedback, it really helps the project and community also.
We support mainly the Raspberry Pi devices being the ones with the biggest community of devs/users out there.
Will support odroid devices as demand requires, sadly so far you seem to be the only odroid user at the moment, even so
already added it to the list of devices for after covering the main ones. (tried to order one but they are not available for order till april 22nd)
C2 cost from manufacturer $40.
For $11.00 more u get 0.8 GHz more and a newer video core + 4 USB ports vs 2 USB ports for PINE64+
I happen to use all 4 USB too Smiley

Odroid C2 2 GHz 2G ram ARMv8 cortex-a53 cpu Mali450 video core + other features like built in IR remote control support.  Running OS already.  4 USB ports (actually 5, there is a micro USB too)

PINE 64+ 1.2 GHz 2G ram ARMv8 cortex-a53 cpu Mali 400 video core.  2 USB ports.
Does not ship until May ...

Actually ROKOS for PINE64+ will probably run on Odroid C2 with little modification ...
legendary
OK
Europecoin Client/Node for ROKOS updated to April/1/2016 Release

https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/commit/ffe8509d0fbf14ea397e629b76d4673c0a6b8b9a

Method of Update on ROKOS system.

1.- Download the Client/node from the Official ROKOS Github I just shared.

2.- Open a terminal in ROKOS, go to the folder where the new downloaded files are.

3.- Type:

sudo chmod 755 Europecoin

sudo chmod 755 europecoind

sudo cp Europecoin /usr/local/bin/

sudo cp europecoind /usr/local/bin/

4.- Congratulations, your ERC client/nodes are upgraded on your ROKOS system!
(you can delete the files you just downloaded, you already copied them to the system folder)

Congratulations with the new release, feel free to join the #ok-rokos-support channel over slack if any user require further support.

For developers/managers, feel free to join the #ok-rokos-devs slack channel to inform of new releases/configs for update into the system.

You can get the invites and join the Slack rooms at: https://okcash.herokuapp.com/

Kind Regards
~OKtoshi
legendary
OK
Wondering which hardware (not) to buy.
I have not read your whole thread, but these devices keep popping up:

Pi 2
Pi 3
PINE64+
Banana pi
which others?

Could perhaps you give your opinion on cost-effectiveness / price-performance relationship.

I plan to be using it mainly as a ROKOS device - but sometimes also for other things.
I already own an old rPi (B+ Rev 0010), and the speed actually overstretched my patience, so I have hardly used it.

TL;DR: Give us a buyers' guide please.

Thx  Wink
I'd have to say Odroid C2, It is 2Ghz 2G ram.  The fastest Smiley The Rpi3, PINE64 are only 1.2Ghz
However ROKOS has not been released for it yet ...

Wondering which hardware (not) to buy.
I have not read your whole thread, but these devices keep popping up:

Pi 2
Pi 3
PINE64+
Banana pi
which others?

Could perhaps you give your opinion on cost-effectiveness / price-performance relationship.

I plan to be using it mainly as a ROKOS device - but sometimes also for other things.
I already own an old rPi (B+ Rev 0010), and the speed actually overstretched my patience, so I have hardly used it.

TL;DR: Give us a buyers' guide please.

Thx  Wink
I'd have to say Odroid C2, It is 2Ghz 2G ram.  The fastest Smiley The Rpi3, PINE64 are only 1.2Ghz
However ROKOS has not been released for it yet ...
@OKtoshi
Well I don't know about adding it to your github repository, still testing, odroid C2 shutting down for some reason overnight.  Could have been power glitch, watching it all day with mouse disconnected so I simulate inactivity.  I'm looking into that first.  Also it's a highly modified source tree.  Will wait for next Wallet release due in a week or so and see what needs to be done.  Been feeding my work to the DMD devs and hopefully they will include it in upcoming wallet release ...
I can feed you my mods if u like but I would not release to public yet.
The original diamond.pro is a mess and keeps interfering with my mods to the Makefiles, gotta resolve that too.
Gotta reset my changes frequently to Makefiles.  The average user would not be able to compile it yet.
Also I'm using gcc 5.3.1 from the debian 'stretch' ARM64 repository, had to install a lot of libs to get compiler to run so I ended up upgrading odrobian 'jessie' to 'stretch'.  My changes are compatible with 'jessie' though.  I am trying to get compiler to build with 'NEON' instructions.  It does produce smaller code than gcc 4.9 which is available in 'jessie' Smiley
I do have an earlier binary built with gcc 4.9 that you could test with ... built for ARMv8 (cortex-a53) cpu with libboost 1.55 and libdb5.3+
gcc 5.3.1 required a upgrade to libboost1.58 so my binary for 'stretch' will not run on 'jessie'.

Up time 23 hours and no problems yet running stress test with DMD wallet, vanitygen running, load average 4.5 and CPU use near 400% (25% DMD wallet, 370% vanitygen)... I'm thinking it was a power glitch so far, will keep running stress test for a day or two ... I need a break from coding anyway LOL.

I'll probably transfer some of the more critical files (groestl.cpp and scrypt_mine.cpp) as .S files compiled with 5.3.1 (faster smaller code) to a fresh install of 'jessie' so gcc.4.9 can be used and stick with a official version of Odrobian jessie Smiley
kodi does not run under 'stretch; yet that's why I am going back to 'jessie'.

Found power problem ... mate-power-manager ... apt-get remove mate-power-manager
Pages:
Jump to: