Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion - page 14. (Read 74783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1004
OK
I'm having trouble compiling DMD for ODROID C2 with Ubuntu 64 bit, any plans to release 64 bit version of ROKOS?
Trouble seems to be with qmake and make scripts (only armv6 and armv7 cases are checked for, need to add support for armv8).

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function 'scrypt(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned int*, void*)':
scrypt_mine.cpp: (.text+05c): undefined reference to 'scrypt_core'

https://community.arm.com/groups/processors/blog/2014/03/25/an-introduction-to-porting-to-arm-64-bit

Atm Im waiting for the Pi 3 and most expected PINE64+ system (very similar specs with this ondroid)

I ll be able to work on them and share the new OS when i get the devices, as for Ondroid yes, we could release a version for it after, so I
can order a device first and do proper testing on it when done with the Pi 3 and PINE64+ releases.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I'm having trouble compiling DMD for ODROID C2 with Ubuntu 64 bit, any plans to release 64 bit version of ROKOS?
Trouble seems to be with qmake and make scripts (only armv6 and armv7 cases are checked for, need to add support for armv8).

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function 'scrypt(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned int*, void*)':
scrypt_mine.cpp: (.text+05c): undefined reference to 'scrypt_core'

https://community.arm.com/groups/processors/blog/2014/03/25/an-introduction-to-porting-to-arm-64-bit
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
legendary
OK

For better communications with the developers of the permanent included cryptocurrencies,
please join the OK slack and join the room #ok-rokos-devs

Same way for users looking for ROKOS support can join the room #ok-rokos-support

This way we can keep better track and live communications for feedback/mods for the new releases.

Get your instant invite at: https://okcash.herokuapp.com/
legendary
OK
Not exactly seeing what's wrong with those screenshots,

TT

the two area where the red line is show the same typed text

right side its ok left side in a QT wallet its not

that affect users who dont use english keyboards

as long as not fixed i can just use rokos like a VPS with putty ssh and console
that means lot of the added value of rokos is lost for non english keyboard users

In localisation. You can change characters tables for all apps somewhere. I'll check at home if I have the same issue in qt but I dont think so. I think I have used console with fr keyboard and no issue.

Thanks for the feedback, perks of innovation, will look for sardokan feedback also,
and should be worked out for the next release.

Id guess can copy/paste from where the layout is properly writing to the one that doesn't (maybe a small work around meanwhile)
legendary

TT

as long as not fixed i can just use rokos like a VPS with putty ssh and console
that means lot of the added value of rokos is lost for non english keyboard users
legendary

TT

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
USA TRUMP USA TRUMP USA TRUMP
This is really awesome I don't know how I missed this. Good work to everyone involved Cheesy
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
Not exactly seeing what's wrong with those screenshots, but noticed some odd text layout on the Chat screen of the Digitalcoin client. We are updating the client, and this functionality is going away, so not asking for anything to be fixed, just mentioning so maybe you can identify issues that may need resolved.

TT
legendary
OK
there seems to be some language and keybordlayout issues that affect non english users (german in my case)

as u can see here on right side i type qwertzuiopü and its ok on left side i type the same in dmd wallet and its not ok

same happend on energycoin wallet so its not a diamond wallet issue but somehow a issue how inside qt german language keyboard is handled

in this state its unuseable can not even type enter or numbers everything wrong mapped

i think the added value of ROKOS is a gui

else i can use headless wallets and console and ssh only but wont reach mainstream with easy wallet useage 5w cryptowallet device and os

update: just to clarify it works just wrong inside the qt wallets in console or other raspberry programs it works correct so its not related to the way i use raspberry (via xrdp)

Thank you for the feedback, agreed, QT over Pi continues to be experimental, which seems to be the issue,
as QT continues to evolve and integrate its support for the IoT devices, this issues should be worked out,
will run some tests in monday based on your feedback and will check if we can solve/hax it for the coming
ROKOS release.
legendary
there seems to be some language and keybordlayout issues that affect non english users (german in my case)

as u can see here on right side i type qwertzuiopü and its ok on left side i type the same in dmd wallet and its not ok

same happend on energycoin wallet so its not a diamond wallet issue but somehow a issue how inside qt german language keyboard is handled

in this state its unuseable can not even type enter or numbers everything wrong mapped

i think the added value of ROKOS is a gui

else i can use headless wallets and console and ssh only but wont reach mainstream with easy wallet useage 5w cryptowallet device and os

update: just to clarify it works just wrong inside the qt wallets in console or other raspberry programs it works correct so its not related to the way i use raspberry (via xrdp)
legendary
OK
@OKtoshi:

Hey man, just to let you know that I was installing Rokos f5 and when I tried to change the datadir on the diamond.conf file it didn't work. It happened that the conf file must be named: Diamond.conf in order to be recognized by the Diamond wallet.

Just an observation; other than that, excellent job man, congrats! Smiley

Hi, just had the same feedback with DMD devs, will bet improved on next release and added to an upcoming
tips & resources version at the ROKOS website.

Thank you!
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
@OKtoshi:

Hey man, just to let you know that I was installing Rokos f5 and when I tried to change the datadir on the diamond.conf file it didn't work. It happened that the conf file must be named: Diamond.conf in order to be recognized by the Diamond wallet.

Just an observation; other than that, excellent job man, congrats! Smiley
legendary
OK
This is awesome, I just found this the other day and finally got it running on my Pi tonight. However, I would like to add a couple wallets, Litecoin for one. I see it was in earlier versions.

Is there a guide on doing so? I've been looking ever since I got this running, not much luck.

you can use the tutorial for upgrading the bitcoin wallet to 0.12 just substitute the bitcoin bits with litecoin  

That is correct, you can use the guides or you can let the LTC community/devs to contact us here or at [email protected]
to claim a permanent integration if they want to support their community and get included in the permanent base coins for ROKOS flavors releases.
legendary
OK
running headless raspberry pi2 (no monitor no keyboard no mouse) accessible with rdp over local network
the use os is ROKOS flavors v5 which include native DMD wallet support

a 5w staking device

some might say rdp (xrdp on linux) is insecure but in fact is use out of the box a encryption but u should set in conf to high (128 bit bidirectional)
sudo nano /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
encrypt_level=high
and if u want more security u can use this for tunnel it through ssh http://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=6020

This is a great tip, should get added to ROKOS site tips & resources, thanks.
legendary
running headless raspberry pi2 (no monitor no keyboard no mouse) accessible with rdp over local network
the use os is ROKOS flavors v5 which include native DMD wallet support

a 5w staking device

some might say rdp (xrdp on linux) is insecure but in fact is use out of the box a encryption but u should set in conf to high (128 bit bidirectional)
sudo nano /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
encrypt_level=high
and if u want more security u can use this for tunnel it through ssh http://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=6020
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
This is awesome, I just found this the other day and finally got it running on my Pi tonight. However, I would like to add a couple wallets, Litecoin for one. I see it was in earlier versions.

Is there a guide on doing so? I've been looking ever since I got this running, not much luck.

you can use the tutorial for upgrading the bitcoin wallet to 0.12 just substitute the bitcoin bits with litecoin 
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

legendary
OK
WD is offering 314GB PIdrive specially designed for raspberry pi 3 B/ 2 B.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/03/wd-314gb-raspberry-pi-pidrive/

I checked offical Western Digital store and there is HDD enclosure that fits under official Raspberry PI case. This might be useful to everyone who plan to run ROKOS bitcoin full node.

Nice find! And it comes in a 1TB version as a kit with cables and power supply for only $80.

Says it's specially designed for low power, but a little bit of a bummer that it requires those additional cables and there's only one option for a case because you couldn't use a standard enclosure without mods. For high capacity it seems like the best option though.

Any opinions on either of these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTG2A0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57S62

TT

Thanks for sharing! That is correct, those are the new HDD for pi by WD, Let me share you the advantages of each so people can decide.

HDD - Best IO speed (reading/writing) on Disk + the big storage (it is like a pc/laptop/mac harddrive) Great Speed, reliability, Size.(cables)

USB - Great IO speed (reading/writing) on Disk (less than HDD but great for storage device, way faster IO speed than any kind of SD(micro,normal,etc). Good speed, reliability, Size, plug and play (no cables)

MicroSD - Lowest IO speed (reading/writing) on Disk, SD cards have a limited number of times they can be rewritten, so eventually they get corrupted, it is a FACT. DO NOT USE FOR STORAGE OF YOUR BLOCKCHAINS, and ALWAYS make backups of your wallet, no matter which solution you apply.

Let me do special section on this:

If you already have a Blockchain on the microSD, eventually tend to get corrupted because of the rewrite process, please move it to a USB storage device, there are instructions on the Info files on desktop.

ROKOS CARE FOR YOUR SAFETY, FOR EVERY IOT USER:

DO NOT USE MICROSD CARDS TO STORE YOUR BLOCKCHAINS,

USE The MicroSD only for the OS and Files, USE USB/HDD or BETTER STORAGE DEVICE FOR THE BLOCKCHAINS (Data dir).

I only use Capitals so people read it, is not a scream or nothing more than a caution for your safety in long term and so you can be informed.

From the links the USB is a great option, thanks for sharing!
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
WD is offering 314GB PIdrive specially designed for raspberry pi 3 B/ 2 B.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/03/wd-314gb-raspberry-pi-pidrive/

I checked offical Western Digital store and there is HDD enclosure that fits under official Raspberry PI case. This might be useful to everyone who plan to run ROKOS bitcoin full node.

Nice find! And it comes in a 1TB version as a kit with cables and power supply for only $80.

Says it's specially designed for low power, but a little bit of a bummer that it requires those additional cables and there's only one option for a case because you couldn't use a standard enclosure without mods. For high capacity it seems like the best option though.

Any opinions on either of these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTG2A0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57S62

TT
Pages:
Jump to: