Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 81. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 29, 2014, 02:21:28 AM
Transparency...

four weeks ago we hired a design team to help us design a customized cage for the modules. We could have always opted to go with the swiss case and produce but even they have been modifying that as well.

The design team ran us up quite a lot in a week or so and we ordered (quick turn from rapid sheet metal in NH) 400+ cages.

The designers did not leave holes in the cages for airflow to pass over the top of the boards (chips/chipsinks) but more over just holes which were the exact size of the heatsink fins.

So with the chip's data sheet specifying airflow/thermal dissipation 30% on top and 70% on the bottom this would work and chips would over heat. So we're stuck with 400+ sheet metal cages that dont work - we got quotes on cutting out the pannels of the cages, drilling holes etc..  So what's the quick fix to fab 400 sheet metal cages.. New heatsinks.

We ordered new heatsinks with more fins and 3mm fin height difference allowing us to utilize that gap for chipsink thermal flow.  New sinks took 4 days to come in, cut to length extrusion, and 2-3 days to CNC from a nice guy with great pricing who has become the end of the day bitch station of all the things that went wrong during the course of the day. So the next week became a early morning and late evening pickup of heatsinks.

designers back in the lab charging us to fix the mess they made and we told them this time - make it like a fence. So they finished after a few days and sent the designs back to Rapid - who turned it around in a week (not very rapid) and sent the first 100 units over on tuesday and what did we find out.. the designers did not add the 2nd and 4th screw holes on the back side of the cage..

Called rapid they said send it back - quoted a week or two in turn around.. called larger shops they weren't available didn't have any time for quick turn runs...etc You're thinking so what .... it's only 4 screw holes you can drill them yourself, not quite. The holes need to be exact to the mm because if they are off by .2mm than your backplane wont fit in the right way and eventually lead to more problems.

CM offered up a quote of $10 per cage to have a few guys they know come in and do it. Also referred us to another character that came back rather too quickly with quotes in thousands. Trying to do several ourselves, some came close but nothing professional and came out with correct holes spacing but bent sides etc... just a world of crap.

In the end the nightly complaining at the CNC shop (heatsink pickup round 6) we mentioned it to our cnc guy and he was like ... "we can do that, $2 a cage done in 48hrs."  

The CNC was already set to drill and tap the holes on the sinks which was the spacing it needed to be on the cage, so he was able to make a sheet metal template for manual drilling and had one of the shop minions do the drilling.

Moral of the story - ask everyone, call around and get quotes, but ultimately the guy that runs that CNC is gonna know what to do and how to handle shit situations.

This is one of several factors that has attributed to our delayed status.

Transparency...

This is EXACTLY what you should have been doing all along. Keep it coming. Please!
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
March 29, 2014, 02:20:34 AM
I'm guaranteeing 4 weeks from the date of purchase or a full refund.

Don't forget this gem. You don't have very many posts, it took all of ten minutes to look at every picture and lie you have ever posted that you didn't delete.

That was regarding the 80's, 128's - small miners, and we kept that promise, give or a take a few days due to the holidays.

AMT

more like, give or take a few WEEKS.  7 weeks on a 3-4 week promised delivery, is not a few days.  

i am pretty forgiving, and VERY understanding, IF i am being told the truth about a situation that causes production delays.

what i am not forgiving and understanding about, is being lied to.  When my boss asks me what happened with one of the servers i manage, I tell him the truth, whether i fucked it up or not.  After years of working under the same management, they know they can come to me and get the straight, honest answer, no matter what it is.  This honest approach lets me sleep at night, and has helped to keep me employed through tough times, where others around me have been laid off.  

Own your mistakes, and quit backtracking and trying to cover it up.

The MPP is lie.  the mine for 6 months, and then try to get upgrades per the MPP is a lie to get out of having to live up to the mistaken estimates on your production abilities, that will now cost you a ton of money to fulfill.    By my estimate and YOUR MPP, you would have to ship twice the hardware to most of your customers.  That would most likely put you out of business.  The right thing to do would be to take down the MPP, and quit using it as a selling point.  It's false advertising.  I asked about it twice, BEFORE my rig shipped, and was ignored.

Your claims of testing your rigs before shipping is shaky as hell.  If tested, how did mine get to me with 1 of 2 boards that doesnt hash(at least until i disassembled the unit and put it back together correctly), and one of those boards having a bad chip?  How can you put all those parts into the little case, and not notice how much hotter it runs inside the case than out?  I'm not talking about a little bit warmer, but way too hot to let it keep running like that.

On the good side, you did me right with the quick turn around on the blown board.  Thank you.  That's how a business should handle those situations.

I kept fairly quiet, as one of your customers, until i got my rig and got it working correctly.  I saw the way the forum was going after i made my purchase and didnt want to cause any further delays in my order, so I was very polite.  

I know you guys are in way over your heads, but that's no reason to serve a load of bullshit at your customers and then tell them it's ice cream.  Tell them what's really going on with delays.  Live up to the MPP or take it down.  

As a former customer, I can give a thumbs up on very aspects of the company.  Yes, the rig hashes above rated spec, even with the bad chip it does 85GH or so.  Jim was great on the phone, helping me get up and running(but, the same could have been accomplished with a half page setup guide, which would save Jim a ton of valuable time, by not having to take a support call for every miner shipped).  The turn around on the RMA was very quick.   That's all the good, and it's not enough to make up for all of the bad.  I really wish i had acted up before my purchase and been banned before i made my purchase.

I probably would have left my original review as my only comments, but i can't stand all of the lies i see perpetuated on this forum.  Sorry for repeating my previous posts, but it needs to be said, and anyone thinking about making a purchase needs to know what they are about to get into, for better or for worse. 

As i was nearing the end of this post, you posted the transperency deal about your delays.  That's more like it.  These guys are spending a ton of cash, and should know why their stuff isnt showing up as promised.  Keep that up, and people will eventually look past your early growing pains.

Thanks

Stan Calloway
Order #928
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 29, 2014, 02:12:54 AM
Transparency...

Moral of the story - ask everyone, call around and get quotes, but ultimately the guy that runs that CNC is gonna know what to do and how to handle shit situations.

Transparency...

Now see? Doesn't that feel better getting that out?

As an industrial systems builder for nearly 40-years I can say, Been there - done that, yes it's Hell. With chips/boards so far off course, blind faith in all the rest being as it should be rarely works but ya do what ya gotta do.

I have one pert-near as good. Last year we get an order to upgrade 6 laser driller systems in Taiwan to our latest/greatest versions that literally have 3x the throughput, each upgrade coming in just over 300k$. Got in the PC's (with built-in Firewire to talk to everything else) and all the other hardware. got it all together, ran into a few issues & solved them. Ran each and every system 24x7 for 1 week. Perfect.

Got to Taiwan and physically installed the 1st upgrade the PC would not talk to the rest of the system. Firewire errors all over the place... WTF? Spent 2 days talking across the planet with folks trying to find out what the hell could have changed. Eventually just took the old FW plug-in card from the old PC, disabled the onboard one and all was well. Every system did that. 6 out of 6. Still no idea why other than the fact that Firewire can be a bitch to work with and if a combo of hardware works - get a lot of them and stick with it.

Nice bit is we just got an order from them for 9 more upgrades for this year Cheesy
legendary
March 29, 2014, 01:58:49 AM

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C.

And check to see if the cores in each chip are ok.

No doubt check the chips... If that is the package temp the internal die is going to substantial higher than that. Not a good thing to do. Is that temp sensed on the die itself or the chip package/bga pad area?. If it's the die, pushing things but not *too* badly if off the die... yikes.
Activity: 392
March 29, 2014, 01:51:27 AM
Transparency...

four weeks ago we hired a design team to help us design a customized cage for the modules. We could have always opted to go with the swiss case and produce but even they have been modifying that as well.

The design team ran us up quite a lot in a week or so and we ordered (quick turn from rapid sheet metal in NH) 400+ cages.

The designers did not leave holes in the cages for airflow to pass over the top of the boards (chips/chipsinks) but more over just holes which were the exact size of the heatsink fins.

So with the chip's data sheet specifying airflow/thermal dissipation 30% on top and 70% on the bottom this would work and chips would over heat. So we're stuck with 400+ sheet metal cages that dont work - we got quotes on cutting out the pannels of the cages, drilling holes etc..  So what's the quick fix to fab 400 sheet metal cages.. New heatsinks.

We ordered new heatsinks with more fins and 3mm fin height difference allowing us to utilize that gap for chipsink thermal flow.  New sinks took 4 days to come in, cut to length extrusion, and 2-3 days to CNC from a nice guy with great pricing who has become the end of the day bitch station of all the things that went wrong during the course of the day. So the next week became a early morning and late evening pickup of heatsinks.

designers back in the lab charging us to fix the mess they made and we told them this time - make it like a fence. So they finished after a few days and sent the designs back to Rapid - who turned it around in a week (not very rapid) and sent the first 100 units over on tuesday and what did we find out.. the designers did not add the 2nd and 4th screw holes on the back side of the cage..

Called rapid they said send it back - quoted a week or two in turn around.. called larger shops they weren't available didn't have any time for quick turn runs...etc You're thinking so what .... it's only 4 screw holes you can drill them yourself, not quite. The holes need to be exact to the mm because if they are off by .2mm than your backplane wont fit in the right way and eventually lead to more problems.

CM offered up a quote of $10 per cage to have a few guys they know come in and do it. Also referred us to another character that came back rather too quickly with quotes in thousands. Trying to do several ourselves, some came close but nothing professional and came out with correct holes spacing but bent sides etc... just a world of crap.

In the end the nightly complaining at the CNC shop (heatsink pickup round 6) we mentioned it to our cnc guy and he was like ... "we can do that, $2 a cage done in 48hrs."  

The CNC was already set to drill and tap the holes on the sinks which was the spacing it needed to be on the cage, so he was able to make a sheet metal template for manual drilling and had one of the shop minions do the drilling.

Transparency...

legendary
March 29, 2014, 01:46:34 AM
Assuming you are running say over 5kw would be a good use of the waste heat and temps should be about right at least for hot water.

I have noticed that with my 4 Ant's the furnace stays off longer. Now to try and figure out how the electric & gas offset each other...
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
March 29, 2014, 01:36:47 AM

I've love to see the rack case fully populated actually, I've not seen everything in one yet, thus my comments on tower, I'd thought you'd never ask actually...I just hope the cooling is equal to or exceeds the tower :-)

i as soon as my miners recieved that is will be looking at possibly trying to oil cool the unit either dump the lot in a fishtank of oil or building a thermal transfer unit and rad for the 200m fan with a push pul configuration as i see temps are really an issue if sucessful i will share with the community the results. plus maybe sell u guys some or give details how to make
Ah for the good ol'days of Dow Freon(r) thermal xfr fluids... Some of the old Cray's had beautiful fountains as part of the cooling loop...
i will have to have a look for that get some ideas. preferably want enough h.w to run house heating and water system and so much would pay for me to do alot more than i can now without working...one day maybe.
legendary
March 29, 2014, 01:32:57 AM

I've love to see the rack case fully populated actually, I've not seen everything in one yet, thus my comments on tower, I'd thought you'd never ask actually...I just hope the cooling is equal to or exceeds the tower :-)

i as soon as my miners recieved that is will be looking at possibly trying to oil cool the unit either dump the lot in a fishtank of oil or building a thermal transfer unit and rad for the 200m fan with a push pul configuration as i see temps are really an issue if sucessful i will share with the community the results. plus maybe sell u guys some or give details how to make
Ah for the good ol'days of Dow Freon(r) thermal xfr fluids... Some of the old Cray's had beautiful fountains as part of the cooling loop...
legendary
March 29, 2014, 01:27:37 AM
Rack mount ! Rack mount sis boom bah! Rack mount Rack mount rah rah rah!
Yes please...
Activity: 378
March 29, 2014, 01:27:15 AM
What happened to this promise?

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut. ORDER 400 TO 500 HAVE BEEN SHIPPED OUT ALREADY!  WE ARE ALL WORKING ON ASSEMBLING  AND SHIPPING MINERS ONLY.

ORDER 500-600 WILL SHIP ON MONDAY TO WEDNSDAY

600 TO 700 WILL SHIP ON WEDNSDAY TO  FRIDAY.

700 TO 800 MONDAY TO WEDNSDAY OF THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

800 TO 900 WEDNSDAY OF THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

AND SO ON.

PLEASE STOP TRASHING OUR COMPANY AS WE ARE ONE OF THE ONLY TWO COMPANIES IN AMERICA THAT ARE SHIPPING TERRAHASH MINERS. THANKS.

Or this one? That customer still hasn't received his order.

Hi, I appreciate the general update but I was just wondering what the last order to be fully processed and shipped was? Just so I can get an idea of a timeframe to receive my order (#847). Thanks.

Your miner will ship next week, between Wednesday and Friday. Please contact [email protected] for further question regarding order status, we don't use this thread for that.

Or this one on feb 1, that said you were building and shipping miners daily.

Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...

Could you at least tell us how many chips you got so we can at least figure out how many rigs you can build and ship quickly?

Also,  is another batch of chips coming?

I can tell you that we've received a lot. And enough to make it to your order and than some for sure.

We also have 12 assemblers located at our CM 8am to 4pm. Each of which has experience in building electronic components and devices that pass UL certification and ISO standards. The average build time per build team (2 assemblers each team) was clocked at 2.5 hrs per build. This includes wiring, assembly, modular install, initial testing, and packing.

So if they are working 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, how many miners can we build in 1 day? How many in 1 week? and How many in 1 month?

the math on that was about 20 a day, from feb 1 till now you would have made somewhere around 800. I somehow doubt that.

Opieum, guess what, I can post about whatever I want. It doesn't matter at all that I didn't order, and people who used to make the same comments are all now in the group of people who just wish they had never ordered. I get PMs from people all the time discussing this clusterfuck. You say trolling, I say helping. I'm just asking questions, and they never seem to get answered.
Activity: 588
March 29, 2014, 01:24:46 AM
A client which sympathizes with our situation on this thread made some high def photos of his 1.2Th, we thank for his help.

Guys,
Just wondering does the whole unit shutdown on overheat, before things burn out, just thinking of single fan on top if it fails what happens? I hate for it to become a really expensive brick?

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C. If the chip shuts down, the chain breaks cause the whole the unit to basically shut down from a hashing perspective. If you're using putty, you'll see an error message similar to CMD_READ_REG ERROR. If you see this, unplug it, wait 30 minutes restart it via putty and do the following:

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

Also there are two 4-5 fans in this case. There are two 140's under the cage blow air up through the fins. The 200mm exhaust on top and the 120mm x 1 or 2 in the front of the case blowing air in.

Perfect, I can use the top 200mm for exhausting and connecting ducting and funneling, i.e. cold intake surrounding, thanks for following some of my earlier advice...

I've worked on unix/linux for 20 years, I think I can manage to restart cgminer, thanks for steps though anyway...sometimes cgminer bombs out, sometimes it just hangs...

if you do have s/w fixes or workarounds are you going to place those in client/customer area for d/l and updating the s/w on the pi?

We bought you (and everyone else who wants one) rackmount cases (RPC-450B 4U Rackmount Case) Naran, do you want the desktop cases instead?

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
March 29, 2014, 01:19:21 AM
A client which sympathizes with our situation on this thread made some high def photos of his 1.2Th, we thank for his help.

Guys,
Just wondering does the whole unit shutdown on overheat, before things burn out, just thinking of single fan on top if it fails what happens? I hate for it to become a really expensive brick?

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C. If the chip shuts down, the chain breaks cause the whole the unit to basically shut down from a hashing perspective. If you're using putty, you'll see an error message similar to CMD_READ_REG ERROR. If you see this, unplug it, wait 30 minutes restart it via putty and do the following:

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

Also there are two 4-5 fans in this case. There are two 140's under the cage blow air up through the fins. The 200mm exhaust on top and the 120mm x 1 or 2 in the front of the case blowing air in.

Perfect, I can use the top 200mm for exhausting and connecting ducting and funneling, i.e. cold intake surrounding, thanks for following some of my earlier advice...

I've worked on unix/linux for 20 years, I think I can manage to restart cgminer, thanks for steps though anyway...sometimes cgminer bombs out, sometimes it just hangs...

if you do have s/w fixes or workarounds are you going to place those in client/customer area for d/l and updating the s/w on the pi?

We bought you (and everyone else who wants one) rackmount cases (RPC-450B 4U Rackmount Case) Naran, do you want the desktop cases instead?

I've love to see the rack case fully populated, I've not seen everything in one yet, thus my comments on tower, I'd thought you'd never ask actually...I just hope the cooling is equal to or exceeds the tower :-)
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
March 29, 2014, 01:17:52 AM
AMT_Miners, my order is #899. Can you give me an estimate as to when they would be ready to go? I would be willing to come pick them up in person if it helps. I sent an email to Josh earlier as well
Activity: 378
March 29, 2014, 01:16:10 AM
What sounds fishy, the actual TRO as ordered in the case of dz miner coop against hashfast? This is all happening right here on bitcointalk, pretty easy to verify. You worry far too much about being a victim and what people say about you, vs actually telling the truth and shipping products. You never answered me, how can you have shipped orders to the 1200s when there are people posting here every day with lower numbers than that asking where the miners are?
March 29, 2014, 01:15:23 AM

Guys,

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

March 29, 2014, 01:15:04 AM
AMT has been posting a fair bit of info. And they said 12 days roughly now. Considering bitmine has been late also, this might be part of it too, but AMT might want to confirm that as well. They cant exactly talk about every aspect of their business either, there are trade secrets to be kept for any business. That said SOME transparency in operation is possible. But again there is alot of anger right now that needs to be handled first. Getting miners in peoples hands I think is something they are working at. I never really saw any complaints about their 80-128Ghs orders which appear to be in peoples hands. They had the hardware.

So for the 1.2Ths ones It would make logical sense that this would also be related to the bitmine issues as well as well as some of the other supply issues they are having? AMT can you confirm that? This is what I am piecing together from the various things that I have been reading. PSU shortage certainly can screw things up. Case supply shortage can as well.

This is all just speculation on my part of course. AMT can confirm that or it could be something else altogether. But at least if we know it might be for (some) more understandable. I am sticking around to get my miners. I figure Ive waited longer for BFL and likely will see this before I will see their hardware at this point. I put my order in just over a month ago with AMT so I am not hurting too badly in that sense. I do feel for those who have been waiting alot longer and were promised sooner. But it is unfortunately how preorders work sadly. BFL I ordered in mid November and each month its a new thing about why they haven't shipped. AMT at least seems to have some out in the wild now. That's a hell of alot better than none at this point. My position isn't popular but it's the truth at this point.

Just stop sucking up, apparently if you want your miner, you have to go down there. Otherwise they stopped offering discounts for positive reinforcement months ago.

LMAO yea thats the thing. I am going there anyway. I am one of the pick up customers that was my choice. Honestly I know their side of it because I have had to run a business myself (I've run a few in fact). I sold them a long time ago, but I get the growing pains of raising the capital needed. And while I didn't go through their specific pains here, there were pains to be felt. Overdemanding clients who expected one button miracles and jobs that normally took 3 months for a full firm to be done in 3 days. I'm not saying there are people here who are like that (there very well could be and there seems like there are). It is the bane of every business existence. I worked customer service as well early in my carreer. So yea I totally get the pains they are dealing with keenly as I worked for a large company whose product sucked at the time (Hint:They made Windows ME which I had to support)

AMT does have a point tho coming at you asking if you have an order with them. I am not "sucking up" I am seeing what it is. The whole point is they are trying to run a business and make it work. Problem is you got people who got no stake in this coming in and chiming in like they have some say. Bottom line if you like to shop at Walmart shop at Walmart don't trash Target because you like Walmart. There are people here with legitimate gripes. Who want refunds and have been waiting. Those are really the only people who deserve answers and likely will get them through proper channels. At least from some confirmation from Phin we know they are struggling with help. It does happen in any startup. Well not all but in the beginning its always a thing. I worked for one of the largest companies in its startup days and saw it grow into an enterprise. And believe me that growth was not without alot of pain and sacrifice. These guys could fold up shop after this just on the fact that this business is such a pain....OR keep going and establish themselves as a major player. But you are not part of that as a business partner OR a client. Whatever their issues here now they are in a sink or swim mode. How they come out of this is what will make them either stronger or dead as a company. And being that they are a C corp (as they said earlier), they all got a stake in this so they are going to be busting their ass to make it work.

BUT to avoid the whole sucking up thing I meant what I said earlier in that I am neutral (objective would be better I think) in all this. I gave the advice to those who are going the legal route to basically take it off this forum. Its beyond retarded to go talking legal stuff on a public forum and giving away your strategy (that alone is a huge help for those with legal gripes). That for the most part seems to have stopped. At the same time they are giving up info and so are other people. But noone believes anyone who comes on here with new info. Shit I got called a shill after my first post! It took some time but I think I have proven I am not a plant or something of the sort. Or a fanboy. But I do like to think I am a voice of reason and if the truth is staring me in the face I will deal with it. Its gotten me pretty far in life as a result. I got money in this so its in my best interest to make sure that they succeed right now. Seeing them go out of business before I have gotten my product would suck. But honestly? it would be nice to see an American company actually succeed right now because we are getting our asses handed to us by the Chinese in the bitcoin hardware market. It could well play out like that anyway, but it would be nice to see it say MADE IN USA vs made in china.

Bottom line you got nothing in this so yea in effect you are just trolling. Those who got something in this, you got a reason to complain. But complain right if you are going to complain. There is a way to do it without being an ass about it. NOONE likes to be treated like crap. Now if they are on the offensive consider whats happened to lead to that. This thread is over 200 pages of mostly people ragging on AMT. Noone wants to wade in that. And yet here they are trying to answer some questions and at least put a stop to some of the crap. Getting Phin out to the office clearly was an effort to help slow things down here. Again people doubted and called him a sellout. And yet he did BUY his miner and is selling it. Thats his prerogative since its his money he paid with. There are people whose pain I get. I feel for them I am dealing with the BFL debacle which is very similar to what they are dealing with. Seems like they are close to getting miners out. So lets see where this goes. They even asked for help to get the process moving. Again if they are serious they will take up the offers they got on the table.

The points made about them being more transparent and communicating tho are also valid. But looks like they are turning the corner on that and now are more communicative.

+1
March 29, 2014, 01:10:46 AM
For everyone who doesn't know, the courts DO care. You can get a TRO against these guys, prevent them from using YOUR bitcoin until they go to court. I bet you would get results real quickly on that refund...

That's hashfast, getting in a lot of trouble for failing to ship on time.

Right, except that we don't hold bitcoin, that most CM's and parts companies like digi, mouser, etc accept USD not BTC.

But yea, get a restraining order from a company that you're contacting every other day, that's brilliant.

You must not understand how a restraining order works. That one enjoined hashfast from using bitcoin. One for you would probably involve your bank accounts. From the posts in this thread, I would be led to believe that you don't actually let anyone contact you, as you don't seem to answer phones, emails, etc.

So wait.. While a hurdle of clients were asking Hashfast for refunds, most of which had paid in BTC, suddenly got a restraining order from using BTC - essentially not allowing them to pay people back?

Well that was smart. And your advising users here that paid via BTC to do the same to us in order to a get refund.

Yes, because for two weeks Hashfast is legally prevented from using or hiding those bitcoins, and failure to obey the TRO will lead to them going to jail. Until they show up in court to defend the way they treat their customers, much of which is the same with how you treat your customers, they don't get to run off with the money / property.

And when they could have refunded easier when the rate was higher now people will get their coins back when the rate is lower?

Either way, it was stupid. Now preventing us from accessing our bank accounts that's a bit smarter right. But via BTC sounds like a setup to not pay BTC buyers back, which is less troublesome than dealing with clients which paid in USD.

Sounds fishy.. was there any real court ordered documented verification of this other than an press article?
March 29, 2014, 01:10:18 AM

Guys,

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

Perfect, I can use the top 200mm for exhausting and connecting ducting and funneling, i.e. from cold intake surroundings, thanks for following some of my earlier advice...

I've worked on unix/linux for 20 years, I think I can manage to restart cgminer, thanks for steps though anyway...sometimes cgminer bombs out, sometimes it just hangs..but if you really want to be smart, you'd stick in an auto-restart if conditions allow. Some buzzer or alerting for fan failures wouldn't go amiss either.

Activity: 532
March 29, 2014, 01:09:27 AM
AMT has been posting a fair bit of info. And they said 12 days roughly now. Considering bitmine has been late also, this might be part of it too, but AMT might want to confirm that as well. They cant exactly talk about every aspect of their business either, there are trade secrets to be kept for any business. That said SOME transparency in operation is possible. But again there is alot of anger right now that needs to be handled first. Getting miners in peoples hands I think is something they are working at. I never really saw any complaints about their 80-128Ghs orders which appear to be in peoples hands. They had the hardware.

So for the 1.2Ths ones It would make logical sense that this would also be related to the bitmine issues as well as well as some of the other supply issues they are having? AMT can you confirm that? This is what I am piecing together from the various things that I have been reading. PSU shortage certainly can screw things up. Case supply shortage can as well.

This is all just speculation on my part of course. AMT can confirm that or it could be something else altogether. But at least if we know it might be for (some) more understandable. I am sticking around to get my miners. I figure Ive waited longer for BFL and likely will see this before I will see their hardware at this point. I put my order in just over a month ago with AMT so I am not hurting too badly in that sense. I do feel for those who have been waiting alot longer and were promised sooner. But it is unfortunately how preorders work sadly. BFL I ordered in mid November and each month its a new thing about why they haven't shipped. AMT at least seems to have some out in the wild now. That's a hell of alot better than none at this point. My position isn't popular but it's the truth at this point.

Just stop sucking up, apparently if you want your miner, you have to go down there. Otherwise they stopped offering discounts for positive reinforcement months ago.

LMAO yea thats the thing. I am going there anyway. I am one of the pick up customers that was my choice. Honestly I know their side of it because I have had to run a business myself (I've run a few in fact). I sold them a long time ago, but I get the growing pains of raising the capital needed. And while I didn't go through their specific pains here, there were pains to be felt. Overdemanding clients who expected one button miracles and jobs that normally took 3 months for a full firm to be done in 3 days. I'm not saying there are people here who are like that (there very well could be and there seems like there are). It is the bane of every business existence. I worked customer service as well early in my carreer. So yea I totally get the pains they are dealing with keenly as I worked for a large company whose product sucked at the time (Hint:They made Windows ME which I had to support)

AMT does have a point tho coming at you asking if you have an order with them. I am not "sucking up" I am seeing what it is. The whole point is they are trying to run a business and make it work. Problem is you got people who got no stake in this coming in and chiming in like they have some say. Bottom line if you like to shop at Walmart shop at Walmart don't trash Target because you like Walmart. There are people here with legitimate gripes. Who want refunds and have been waiting. Those are really the only people who deserve answers and likely will get them through proper channels. At least from some confirmation from Phin we know they are struggling with help. It does happen in any startup. Well not all but in the beginning its always a thing. I worked for one of the largest companies in its startup days and saw it grow into an enterprise. And believe me that growth was not without alot of pain and sacrifice. These guys could fold up shop after this just on the fact that this business is such a pain....OR keep going and establish themselves as a major player. But you are not part of that as a business partner OR a client. Whatever their issues here now they are in a sink or swim mode. How they come out of this is what will make them either stronger or dead as a company. And being that they are a C corp (as they said earlier), they all got a stake in this so they are going to be busting their ass to make it work.

BUT to avoid the whole sucking up thing I meant what I said earlier in that I am neutral (objective would be better I think) in all this. I gave the advice to those who are going the legal route to basically take it off this forum. Its beyond retarded to go talking legal stuff on a public forum and giving away your strategy (that alone is a huge help for those with legal gripes). That for the most part seems to have stopped. At the same time they are giving up info and so are other people. But noone believes anyone who comes on here with new info. Shit I got called a shill after my first post! It took some time but I think I have proven I am not a plant or something of the sort. Or a fanboy. But I do like to think I am a voice of reason and if the truth is staring me in the face I will deal with it. Its gotten me pretty far in life as a result. I got money in this so its in my best interest to make sure that they succeed right now. Seeing them go out of business before I have gotten my product would suck. But honestly? it would be nice to see an American company actually succeed right now because we are getting our asses handed to us by the Chinese in the bitcoin hardware market. It could well play out like that anyway, but it would be nice to see it say MADE IN USA vs made in china.

Bottom line you got nothing in this so yea in effect you are just trolling. Those who got something in this, you got a reason to complain. But complain right if you are going to complain. There is a way to do it without being an ass about it. NOONE likes to be treated like crap. Now if they are on the offensive consider whats happened to lead to that. This thread is over 200 pages of mostly people ragging on AMT. Noone wants to wade in that. And yet here they are trying to answer some questions and at least put a stop to some of the crap. Getting Phin out to the office clearly was an effort to help slow things down here. Again people doubted and called him a sellout. And yet he did BUY his miner and is selling it. Thats his prerogative since its his money he paid with. There are people whose pain I get. I feel for them I am dealing with the BFL debacle which is very similar to what they are dealing with. Seems like they are close to getting miners out. So lets see where this goes. They even asked for help to get the process moving. Again if they are serious they will take up the offers they got on the table.

The points made about them being more transparent and communicating tho are also valid. But looks like they are turning the corner on that and now are more communicative.
legendary
March 29, 2014, 01:08:05 AM
So amt I understand u get a lot of negative feedback on this forum, and I believe it is justified. People keep asking for transparency so why not entertain them a little better. So far all I have read seems to be that you are behind based on a limited production staff/ facilities. Are you making any attempts to correct this issue minus asking the community to come assemble for you? Hire a production manager maybe? Use six sigma principles to cost cut/ increase production? I understand frm your previous post your not breaking even or just barely. Maybe this could help?
6-sigma would apply to the chip/board makers, possibly to the CM's as well but is pretty useless for a AMT's small(ish) operation. I take it AMT is pretty much physical assembly of core parts into systems. Going through ISO-9000 on the other hand... Great for putting the business practices in order!
Pages:
Jump to: