Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official Thread] - The SolarWind Mining Company - page 2. (Read 54635 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502
Interestingly enough, my address is on the Investor sheet but not on *any* of the payments that were sent out recently (checked all the way back to 9/9).

Investor sheet shows: Ranlo | 1KD3XZjFSoH7Upb6Ruw3rmGqAiH19Hg4FD

Checking that address through all the investor sheets shows up nothing. Also not seeing my name on them (even the ones asterisked out don't appear to relate to it).

I'll check that out to see what's up with your account, if there are payments that are due to you, I'll make sure to get you caught up...

Thanks...
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
Hey, wanted to check up on this and see what's going on. Noticed we haven't gotten any dividends in months and the asset isn't active on Counterparty anymore...

Hi ranlo,

It hasn't been months, its only been about three weeks since the last payment, which was made on 11/15/2014. I had mentioned in the GB thread that I have had several surgeries this year and they, along with the recovery time involved have interfered with the operation of the SWMC.

I just went through a major surgery on the first of this month and I am just today starting to get back to business. I will be processing the next payment within the next day or so.

Please check your BTC address on the Neptune spreadsheet to see if it is correct. This way you can be sure that you have been receiving your payments.

I am putting Counterparty on hold for the time being because people have been finding it very difficult to use in its current form.

All SWMCHEX purchases will remain valid, but I will be issuing payments direct via BTC rather than Counterparty.

Interestingly enough, my address is on the Investor sheet but not on *any* of the payments that were sent out recently (checked all the way back to 9/9).

Investor sheet shows: Ranlo | 1KD3XZjFSoH7Upb6Ruw3rmGqAiH19Hg4FD

Checking that address through all the investor sheets shows up nothing. Also not seeing my name on them (even the ones asterisked out don't appear to relate to it).
Hey, wanted to check up on this and see what's going on. Noticed we haven't gotten any dividends in months and the asset isn't active on Counterparty anymore...

Hi ranlo,

It hasn't been months, its only been about three weeks since the last payment, which was made on 11/15/2014. I had mentioned in the GB thread that I have had several surgeries this year and they, along with the recovery time involved have interfered with the operation of the SWMC.

I just went through a major surgery on the first of this month and I am just today starting to get back to business. I will be processing the next payment within the next day or so.

Please check your BTC address on the Neptune spreadsheet to see if it is correct. This way you can be sure that you have been receiving your payments.

I am putting Counterparty on hold for the time being because people have been finding it very difficult to use in its current form.

All SWMCHEX purchases will remain valid, but I will be issuing payments direct via BTC rather than Counterparty.

legendary
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi President,

I've got order 28. Does that mean I have Customer ID 28? (the letters of my name, first one and last two, are also correct) So i guess it is.
If yes, I see my payment adres is unknown ("not provided").
Please use 14H6E6BbxLpNYGnfoSko8M1tmssnEab7yN
Thanks!

(you can check by mailing or calling me)
legendary
So how's the rma'd Neptune coming along?
And any word on the compensation?
The RMA'ed Neptune was replaced with a different unit. The unit has a few cores that are not functioning properly, but because the total hashing power is at least 3 THS, KnC will do nothing.

KnC is not willing to offer any compensation of any kind for the downtime, but if you are asking about the second Neptune, it will not be shipped until the end of Batch 3 and Batch 2 (when I checked yesterday,) hasn't started shipping yet.

Are there funds set aside for other units right now? If so, are there plans to make any purchases anytime in the short term?
The RMA'ed Neptune was replaced with a different unit. The unit has a few cores that are not functioning properly, but because the total hashing power is at least 3 THS, KnC will do nothing.

KnC is not willing to offer any compensation of any kind for the downtime, but if you are asking about the second Neptune, it will not be shipped until the end of Batch 3 and Batch 2 (when I checked yesterday,) hasn't started shipping yet.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
legendary
Thanks davideak, ranlo... you guys are the best!

NP! I am still a bit confused as to why our earnings are showing up differently than the Neptune earnings. Here's my previous post (row # and stats may be different now -- this was over a week ago):

-----
My row shows these stats (Row 12):

Payment After Deductions: 0.00316318
Remainder: 0.000000007204298
Total Payments: -
Neptune Earnings: 0.009924167393713

These don't appear to match up properly, being that it shows total earnings as being almost 0.01 BTC but the amount paid out to be caught up at less than 1/3 of that.

Also, is there any way to set a minimum threshold for payments so we don't get a lot of micro-transactions?

Sorry ranlo, I've been really busy lately, but I think this will answer your questions...

If you look on the first page the KnCMiner Neptune Spreadsheet on row 4 (Order # 0) you'll notice that column D states "SWMC Investor Pool," that is the 300 GHS that was reserved for previous investors. Being in the investor class, your earnings are part of the SWMC Investor Pool portion of BTC mined with the Neptune, and as such, the Electrical/Maintenance/Transaction Fees have already been deducted on the first page.

The second page "Investor Sheet" is a breakdown of how the BTC earnings are divided amongst all previous investors. Your "Payment After Deductions" is your share of the Neptune's BTC earnings that was paid during the last payment, except that I did not have your payment address at the time of the last payment so the payment was not sent. The reason the "Last Payment Sent" column states "Paid - MINERPAY, SWMCHEX" is a reminder that you have been paid your MINERPAY and SWMCHEX, but the last BTC payment is still owed to you. The amount will be sent with the next payment.

The "Remainder" is the amount of BTC you are due but can not be sent because the Bitcoin client does not send amounts below 8 decimals in size. This amount will accumulate until the total remainder amounts add-up to an amount above 8 decimals, then that amount (minus any further remaining amount below 8 decimals) will be included into the next payment.

The "Neptune Earnings" is the total BTC that your share has earned to-date.

As for a minimum payment threshold. The way Counterparty works when sending a distributed payment is that the payment is automatically split-up between the total assets and proportionally sent to each address that holds the asset. So no, there is no way to set a payment threshold for individual address' when using Counterparty.

The first payment was more of a token payment to indicate that I was making good on my promises. The amounts sent were smaller than will be typical because mining had only been operational for a few days. The rest of the payments should be larger, but will gradually decrease over time as the difficulty level increases and earnings decrease. I may extend the length of time between payments to minimize the cost percentage for the transaction fees when the earnings decline to a certain level.

Does that clear it up for you? If not, just let me know what is not clear and I will explain...

That completely cleared it up for me. Thank you for that!

I look forward to seeing how things work out, Smiley.

And for those that are still reading this and aren't sure whether or not you should trust SWMC, I've been dealing with the owner for quite some time now and he's always been up-front about things and followed through on everything he said he would. There have been some times where he's been a bit harder to get a hold of, but he's always followed through with getting back to me.

NP! I am still a bit confused as to why our earnings are showing up differently than the Neptune earnings. Here's my previous post (row # and stats may be different now -- this was over a week ago):

-----

These don't appear to match up properly, being that it shows total earnings as being almost 0.01 BTC but the amount paid out to be caught up at less than 1/3 of that.

Also, is there any way to set a minimum threshold for payments so we don't get a lot of micro-transactions?

Sorry ranlo, I've been really busy lately, but I think this will answer your questions...

If you look on the first page the KnCMiner Neptune Spreadsheet on row 4 (Order # 0) you'll notice that column D states "SWMC Investor Pool," that is the 300 GHS that was reserved for previous investors. Being in the investor class, your earnings are part of the SWMC Investor Pool portion of BTC mined with the Neptune, and as such, the Electrical/Maintenance/Transaction Fees have already been deducted on the first page.

The second page "Investor Sheet" is a breakdown of how the BTC earnings are divided amongst all previous investors. Your "Payment After Deductions" is your share of the Neptune's BTC earnings that was paid during the last payment, except that I did not have your payment address at the time of the last payment so the payment was not sent. The reason the "Last Payment Sent" column states "Paid - MINERPAY, SWMCHEX" is a reminder that you have been paid your MINERPAY and SWMCHEX, but the last BTC payment is still owed to you. The amount will be sent with the next payment.

The "Remainder" is the amount of BTC you are due but can not be sent because the Bitcoin client does not send amounts below 8 decimals in size. This amount will accumulate until the total remainder amounts add-up to an amount above 8 decimals, then that amount (minus any further remaining amount below 8 decimals) will be included into the next payment.

The "Neptune Earnings" is the total BTC that your share has earned to-date.

As for a minimum payment threshold. The way Counterparty works when sending a distributed payment is that the payment is automatically split-up between the total assets and proportionally sent to each address that holds the asset. So no, there is no way to set a payment threshold for individual address' when using Counterparty.

The first payment was more of a token payment to indicate that I was making good on my promises. The amounts sent were smaller than will be typical because mining had only been operational for a few days. The rest of the payments should be larger, but will gradually decrease over time as the difficulty level increases and earnings decrease. I may extend the length of time between payments to minimize the cost percentage for the transaction fees when the earnings decline to a certain level.

Does that clear it up for you? If not, just let me know what is not clear and I will explain...
legendary

-----

legendary

Oh my god a sneak peak of a graphic element? PEOPLE! LET'S GIVE ALL OUR BITCOINS TO THIS UNKNOWN STRANGER!

calm down man, James is a trustworthy guy,
up till now he has stood by his word.

you don't have to participate in anything he is organizing.

This right here. He's followed through with everything he said he would and keeps striving to make SWMC work.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Oh my god a sneak peak of a graphic element? PEOPLE! LET'S GIVE ALL OUR BITCOINS TO THIS UNKNOWN STRANGER!

calm down man, James is a trustworthy guy,
up till now he has stood by his word.

you don't have to participate in anything he is organizing.
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

Sneak Peak: Graphics element from SWMC's new website design.

Sneak Peak: Graphics element from SWMC's new website design.

legendary
How do I claim my free share?

after you send him your address, via pm if possible, he will send you the free share, if its a counterpay wallet, you will be able to tell, if its not a counterpay wallet, it will just show as a transaction
Thanks for helping out xTachibana, you've always been a great SWMC member!

Decided to post this question publicly rather than email (so it's out in the open as I'm sure I won't be the only one to ask).

When are the dividends going to start posting, and at what time-frame after? You stated "bi-weekly" in your email but there was no information on when to expect the start.

Thanks!
First payment has already been made on the 2nd of August, there were a few followup payments made as well.

Your payment address isn't listed on the investor sheet (where you can see all payments,) have you sent it yet? (Be sure to read this.)

I just checked; I'm on the list, Smiley.

I actually did get a payment on August 5th (not 2nd) that I thought was tied to this, but according to "Blockscan" there were no dividends paid yet on either MINERPAY or SWMCHEX, so it confused me.

I didn't get any of the followup payments, though, but based on what I can tell from the listing I'm already somewhat caught up.

Which leads to a couple more questions:

after you send him your address, via pm if possible, he will send you the free share, if its a counterpay wallet, you will be able to tell, if its not a counterpay wallet, it will just show as a transaction

Decided to post this question publicly rather than email (so it's out in the open as I'm sure I won't be the only one to ask).

When are the dividends going to start posting, and at what time-frame after? You stated "bi-weekly" in your email but there was no information on when to expect the start.

Thanks!
First payment has already been made on the 2nd of August, there were a few followup payments made as well.

Your payment address isn't listed on the investor sheet (where you can see all payments,) have you sent it yet? (Be sure to read this.)
legendary

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: