Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB - page 6. (Read 1192942 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Luke I have a question. I am using BFGminer 3.10.0 and when I am running my GPUs  on scrypt. Some times when I start them they are starting wrong showing GHS instead of KHS. Looks like SHA256 instead of scrypt. Any way to fix this other them watching it start and if it breaks restart the miner. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Hi Luke,
Any news on OneString Miner support?  It is the last piece of the puzzle for me so I do not have to use cgminer anymore.
I hope you are having a great weekend and thanks again.
I believe we've identified all the compatibility issues. Assuming the fixed firmware is released in time, it should be supported in 4.0.

is there a branch that can be viewed?

or is it a mainline commit?
Just working code in my local checkout right now.
plx <3
It's not going to be especially useful until the firmware is fixed too...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Hi Luke,
Any news on OneString Miner support?  It is the last piece of the puzzle for me so I do not have to use cgminer anymore.
I believe we've identified all the compatibility issues. Assuming the fixed firmware is released in time, it should be supported in 4.0.

plx <3
legendary
Hi Luke,

Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Hi Luke,

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
It does see it but I only get half the hash rate on the 30 gh/s boards.  The HexFury USB miner based on the one string design works fine as the effective rate is dead on but the current reported is only half.  That works fine for the HeXfury though.
I will try again as I am using the latest pre-release of 4.0 for my gridseeds.
Thanks for the link I had not been in that thread for a while.

I used BFG for long time with GPUs, thanks a lot Luke for your work !

here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3987613
they say it should work ...

godspeed !

legendary
That sounds great.
Thanks for the update and the work on it.
 Smiley

Hi Luke,
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
I used BFG for long time with GPUs, thanks a lot Luke for your work !

here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3987613
they say it should work ...

godspeed !
legendary
Hi Luke,
legendary
Hi Luke,
Activity: 623
How to solo mine with gridseed?
legendary
This may be a silly request, but, is there a way to have bfgminer reset after a given period of time?

Because of my location, I'm have some issues with pool access and it would be handy to have bfg reset itself to ensure connectivity.

I'm scratching my head after reading through all the readme's and searching online.

Any thoughts? Something I've missed?
bfgminer-rpc restart
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Don't try to look tough Dollface
This may be a silly request, but, is there a way to have bfgminer reset after a given period of time?

Because of my location, I'm have some issues with pool access and it would be handy to have bfg reset itself to ensure connectivity.

I'm scratching my head after reading through all the readme's and searching online.

Any thoughts? Something I've missed?
legendary
Just ensure dev_serial gets set to the correct value before add_cgpu is called.

When I list devices with the GridSeed plugged in, I see BFGMiner report the device twice:

Code:
[2014-04-26 13:01:10] lowlevel_scan: Found usb device at usb:093:002 (path=(null), vid=0483, pid=5740, manuf=STMicroelectronics, prod=STM32 Virtual COM Port  , serial=8D801F885551) 

And then later:

Code:
[2014-04-26 13:06:39] lowlevel_scan: Found vcom device at dev_t:23000012 (path=/dev/cu.usbmodem3a21, vid=0000, pid=0000, manuf=(null), prod=(null), serial=(null))   

The problem I am having is that the first instance, via USB, has the serial number. The second instance does not, and the second instance (vcom) is what is being used for mining. So when the device is probed, the value for detectone_meta_info.serial is NULL.
Yes, I'm not aware of any way to get the information on BSD/Mac.
Merit: 1002

When I list devices with the GridSeed plugged in, I see BFGMiner report the device twice:

Code:
[2014-04-26 13:01:10] lowlevel_scan: Found usb device at usb:093:002 (path=(null), vid=0483, pid=5740, manuf=STMicroelectronics, prod=STM32 Virtual COM Port  , serial=8D801F885551) 

And then later:

Code:
[2014-04-26 13:06:39] lowlevel_scan: Found vcom device at dev_t:23000012 (path=/dev/cu.usbmodem3a21, vid=0000, pid=0000, manuf=(null), prod=(null), serial=(null))   

The problem I am having is that the first instance, via USB, has the serial number. The second instance does not, and the second instance (vcom) is what is being used for mining. So when the device is probed, the value for detectone_meta_info.serial is NULL.
legendary
BFGMiner will accept serial numbers after @ too, but I'm not sure if the gridseed driver supports this.
How is supporting this different than supporting --set-device other fashions? Any code / docs to reference? I assumed providing set_device was enough and the miner proper was what targeted the devices.
Merit: 1002
BFGMiner will accept serial numbers after @ too, but I'm not sure if the gridseed driver supports this.

How is supporting this different than supporting --set-device other fashions? Any code / docs to reference? I assumed providing set_device was enough and the miner proper was what targeted the devices.
legendary
Great! Thanks for the quick answers. Thanks also for your involvement in this community. I've seen your blog, of course.

One last question though. Is the list of devices consistent? For example, if I remove or add a device and reboot, do the device "something" values get reassigned?

I ask because with cgminer you specify the device by serial number, which is always independent of USB device discovery.

To answer my own question, it looks like you have to map the Linux dev node to the GSD physical unit. I guess this approach is general in that it potentially allows any device, including GPUs, to be able to be addressable in bfgminer.

But it sounds like in the case of USB devices this feature could be pretty difficult to use. Especially if moving a USB device around means that the assigned Linux "dev" nodes change. That would potentially mean that you'd have to remap the frequency to USB devices every time you change your rig configuration.

Compare that to the girnyau cgminer where you can specify a device by serial number, regardless of what Linux "dev" node it's assigned.

We're seeing GridSeeds pop up in an increasing number of USB products (DualMiners, 5-chip "cupcakes", blades). It strikes me that having a per USB serial number (and possibly per chip) frequency feature in bfgminer would be very useful.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Great! Thanks for the quick answers. Thanks also for your involvement in this community. I've seen your blog, of course.

One last question though. Is the list of devices consistent? For example, if I remove or add a device and reboot, do the device "something" values get reassigned?

I ask because with cgminer you specify the device by serial number, which is always independent of USB device discovery.

To answer my own question, it looks like you have to map the Linux dev node to the GSD physical unit. I guess this approach is general in that it potentially allows any device, including GPUs, to be able to be addressable in bfgminer.

But it sounds like in the case of USB devices this feature could be pretty difficult to use. Especially if moving a USB device around means that the assigned Linux "dev" nodes change. That would potentially mean that you'd have to remap the frequency to USB devices every time you change your rig configuration.

Compare that to the girnyau cgminer where you can specify a device by serial number, regardless of what Linux "dev" node it's assigned.

We're seeing GridSeeds pop up in an increasing number of USB products (DualMiners, 5-chip "cupcakes", blades). It strikes me that having a per USB serial number (and possibly per chip) frequency feature in bfgminer would be very useful.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I used this miner for weeks and i had no problem with it!
Really liked this and i will buy a bigger miner to use with it!
Pages:
Jump to: