Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 28. (Read 308349 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
There is a strange problem I've encountered with my G-Blade(using with BFGM 4.3.0 through MultiMiner) Sad, when I use MulltiMiner, I get hashrate displayed as 5.45mH/s in MM window(at bottom right), but when I manually launch the miner in MM I'm getting hashrate around 4.88-5.1mH/s(rarely!)!  Huh Huh Moreover, when I launch the BFGM through a .bat file with the exact same set of commands, I'm hardly able to get 2.5-3.8mH/s!!  Huh Huh Huh

So which one is  displaying the correct local hashrate? I'm totally confused! Undecided MM, the manual miner launched in MM or the miner that's  independently launched?? Please help.  Cry

Thanks

P.S. My miners clock value is set to 800. I'm trying to achieve the best possible hashrate through these blades.  Any proper help/suggestion is very much appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not sure why you are seeing varying hash-rates unless you have arguments specified for MultiMiner that you aren't specifying in a batch file.

As far clock speed, I would set it to at least 835. I get about 2.86 Mh/s for each of the 2 boards / devices found in a G-Blade.

Thanks for your reply, Nwoolls(you don't reply to pm's Tongue). Smiley I wanted to know MM displays which speed at the "bottom right" of the page? Five second hash-rate, all time average or the current hash-rate?

Thanks
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
There is a strange problem I've encountered with my G-Blade(using with BFGM 4.3.0 through MultiMiner) Sad, when I use MulltiMiner, I get hashrate displayed as 5.45mH/s in MM window(at bottom right), but when I manually launch the miner in MM I'm getting hashrate around 4.88-5.1mH/s(rarely!)!  Huh Huh Moreover, when I launch the BFGM through a .bat file with the exact same set of commands, I'm hardly able to get 2.5-3.8mH/s!!  Huh Huh Huh

So which one is  displaying the correct local hashrate? I'm totally confused! Undecided MM, the manual miner launched in MM or the miner that's  independently launched?? Please help.  Cry

Thanks

P.S. My miners clock value is set to 800. I'm trying to achieve the best possible hashrate through these blades.  Any proper help/suggestion is very much appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not sure why you are seeing varying hash-rates unless you have arguments specified for MultiMiner that you aren't specifying in a batch file.

As far clock speed, I would set it to at least 835. I get about 2.86 Mh/s for each of the 2 boards / devices found in a G-Blade.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
There's a potential issue with the new features for final failover:
  • URI parameter #getcbaddr to request coinbase address from bitcoind or compatible servers for solo mining.
  • When running on systems with a configured Bitcoin Core server, it is automatically configured as a final failover and used for local block submission (GBT pools only) to reduce the risk of a stale block.

I run my own p2pool node locally... and the Bitcoin Core client I have running is using the disablewallet=1 to reduce unneeded resource use.  I have my p2pool configuration point to specific address instead for the default payout address.

BFGMiner doesn't know this since it sees Bitcoin Core running and instead requests #getcbaddr from Bitcoin Core, which can't because the wallet is disabled.
This should cause any practical problems, I think?

Is there a way we can configure this or disable the "Final Failover" pool?
--no-local-bitcoin

You're right, probably no "practical problems", but it feels like an open loop.. I just want it closed.

Thanks, I'll use the --no-local-bitcoin param.
Guys,

Thanks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Did the problem with failover not working correctly with bfgminer 4.3.5 ever get fixed?  Just to refresh memories, failover worked going from pool 1 to pool 0 (when pool 0 became "alive") but didn't then go back to pool 1 when pool 0 went "dead" again.

I'm running 3 gridseed orbs and 6 GAWMiner furys on a raspi.  The problem happened with both the gridseeds and furys.

Thanks!

Chris
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Is there any way to change clock speeds on gridseed 5 chip miners while BFGMiner is still running?  Through API perhaps?  Well, actually, I have no idea how to use the API...But being able to dynamically change the clock speeds of miners would be great.  Also, is there some place it shows the clock speed in the screen?  Would that be where the temp usually shows up?  I've got a little more BTC to donate to the cause.  Just a thought.  Thanks NWools and Luke-Jr!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
  • URI parameter #getcbaddr to request coinbase address from bitcoind or compatible servers for solo mining.
  • When running on systems with a configured Bitcoin Core server, it is automatically configured as a final failover and used for local block submission (GBT pools only) to reduce the risk of a stale block.

I run my own p2pool node locally... and the Bitcoin Core client I have running is using the disablewallet=1 to reduce unneeded resource use.  I have my p2pool configuration point to specific address instead for the default payout address.

BFGMiner doesn't know this since it sees Bitcoin Core running and instead requests #getcbaddr from Bitcoin Core, which can't because the wallet is disabled.
This should cause any practical problems, I think?

--no-local-bitcoin
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Can someone tell me what the flags are in 4.3.0 for the Zeus Blizzard/GAW Fury? I can't seem to find them documented.

Specifically I want to lower the clock to reduce the percentage of HW errors. Currently at around 6%

6% sounds normal from what I've seen and read. You can try lowering the clock with:

Code:
--set zus:clock=320

The default is 328.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Can someone tell me what the flags are in 4.3.0 for the Zeus Blizzard/GAW Fury? I can't seem to find them documented.

Specifically I want to lower the clock to reduce the percentage of HW errors. Currently at around 6%

In v4.3.0 of BFGM, is dual mining switched-off for G-Blade, or  one has to do so by passing certain command in argument field?
It is my understanding that G-Blades do not support dualmining at all.

Thanks for your input, Luke. Smiley However at many websites they say to turn it off while using through the miner being used, so I asked for the latest BFGM version. Grin

Thanks
I believe you are confusing this with the Gridseed Orbs which are able of mining both SHA256 and Scrypt.  As Luke notes, I don't think the Blade is capable of dual mining.

Riley, I read this: https://minereu.com/gridseed-blade-miner-80-chip-setup-guide/ & here: https://minereu.com/product/gridseed-blade-miner-80-chip-speical-promotion/ . Don't know, you guys are telling this and these guys tell something else!  Undecided Undecided I'm totally a newbie in dealing with ASIC devices.  Cry Cry Anyway, thanks for your answer.
legendary
About how far out is the development for adding support for Avalon2 miners?
The code's pretty much done (avalon2_rig branch), but doesn't work for some currently-unknown reason.
xiangfu sent me some debug cables, but we haven't yet managed to meet up so he can tell me how I'm supposed to use them.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
About how far out is the development for adding support for Avalon2 miners?
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Did some testing with an R. Pi. with 3 gridseed 5 chippers... Seems to work pretty well on this too.  I've noticed though, that 2 of my miners which run at 825 and 850 on Windows (and better with CGminer at 838 and 868 on Debian Linux) with very few HW errors are now bugging out.  They run fine for a while, then hit a bunch of HW errors, then run fine again.  Not sure if I should take them apart, clean them, put new thermal goo on the chips and reattach the heat sinks or if it's something in BFGMiner.

Any thoughts on getting rid of HW errors besides lowering my clocks from 825 and 850?  I've got a powered USB hub as well (USB 2.0) and the gridseeds are powered fine.  Maybe there's something I didn't install from apt-get that would help?  I dunno...I've been doing this for a year now and still find variations in configurations to be challenging...

Thanks!
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
In v4.3.0 of BFGM, is dual mining switched-off for G-Blade, or  one has to do so by passing certain command in argument field?

Thanks for your input, Luke. Smiley However at many websites they say to turn it off while using through the miner being used, so I asked for the latest BFGM version. Grin

Thanks
I believe you are confusing this with the Gridseed Orbs which are able of mining both SHA256 and Scrypt.  As Luke notes, I don't think the Blade is capable of dual mining.
In v4.3.0 of BFGM, is dual mining switched-off for G-Blade, or  one has to do so by passing certain command in argument field?

Thanks
legendary
Hey,

Thanks
Activity: 49
Has anyone managed to get their Rockminer working with BFG? I downloaded the latest and followed a few threads on here on how to remove all the old zadig drivers. Now when I plug it in, it shows in Win7x64 in my Devices as 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller' but drivers are unavailable. Should I go back to using the zadig? If so, which one? Any config suggestions? You are --scan rockminer:all right?

Sounds like you are using the standard windows usb to uart bridge you need to install the SI ones. the zadig drivers will NOT work with BFGminer at all. follow the link install the SILabs drivers and they work fine.
Activity: 56
bfgminer support bitfury daisy chain?
If yes which is the max number?
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: