Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 31. (Read 308349 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Yes it works great with the R-Boxes and MultiMiner.
I have it set to restart suspect miners.  So far a couple days no issues.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multiminer-any-miner-any-where-on-any-device-free-open-source-cross-platform-248173

Has anyone managed to get their Rockminer working with BFG? I downloaded the latest and followed a few threads on here on how to remove all the old zadig drivers. Now when I plug it in, it shows in Win7x64 in my Devices as 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller' but drivers are unavailable. Should I go back to using the zadig? If so, which one? Any config suggestions? You are --scan rockminer:all right?

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Do you have an image that could be downloaded with all the updates like this that new users who are not great with the command line could DL and use?
Great work by the way.

Compiled BFGMiner 4.1 for HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA 1.4.6.1 and it works well so far... Running mix of gridseeds minis and blade on a single Raspi.

http://i.imgur.com/kQu76aK.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ttlcokb.png

Hi Luke,

I am trying to figure out why last night my BFG miner was running great with my new R-box, but before i went to sleep I unpleugged the R-box and this morning I hooked it all back up and tried to run it, but BFG miner is not finding devices and it says failed to sanity check in lowl-vcom.c windows_usb_get_string. I dont understand why it was working great last night and now it is not reading. Please if you can help me figure this out that would be great. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
The Si Labs drivers sometimes don't like to install on Win64. The Si Labs Cp210x FREE Tool includes the driver package and if you download and install the free tool, then the drivers will usually work.
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
no Sir. Nothing to see Sir. Keeping calm carrying
yes use the latest zadig driers for bfgminer

but little problems, uptime max 10 hours ( i get a sick )
now i try cgminer
Activity: 28
Has anyone managed to get their Rockminer working with BFG? I downloaded the latest and followed a few threads on here on how to remove all the old zadig drivers. Now when I plug it in, it shows in Win7x64 in my Devices as 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller' but drivers are unavailable. Should I go back to using the zadig? If so, which one? Any config suggestions? You are --scan rockminer:all right?
legendary
Activity: 3794
Merit: 2499
Thanks Luke.
That go me a step farther.
Now I got
configure: error: Could not find HASH_ITER - please install uthash-dev 1.9.2+

tried
install uthash-dev 1.9.2+
but, of course, that didn't work.

Don'cha just hate newbies

but

root@sunwatch:~# sudo aptitude install uthash-dev
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

and than
cd /usr/src

wget http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/4.2.0/bfgminer-4.2.0.zip

unzip bfgminer-4.2.0.zip && mv bfgminer-4.2.0 bfgminer

cd bfgminer

sudo ./configure

sudo make

always the same and I don't know?Huh
Code:
checking whether HASH_ITER is declared... no
configure: error: Could not find HASH_ITER - please install uthash-dev 1.9.4+

On my Pi is the newest Kernel!?

greets
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Hey folks!

I'm having a problem with bfgminer (both the new 4.2.0 version and the 4.1.99 jstefanop fork) with failover for both gridseed and zeus (GAWMiner fury) rigs.  Because it's happening with both versions I'm sure it's something dumb. so I thought I'd seek help here.

What's happening is that failover works going from pool 1 to pool 0 when pool 0 becomes active, but it doesn't work when pool 0 goes dead.  Bfgminer reports that it has switched back to pool 1 but the pool doesn't show any hashrate.  As well, my external monitor (CgminerMonitor version 0.7.0) shows the rig as still connected to pool 0.  Finally, I'm getting the following messages displayed in bfgminer:

Code:
[2014-06-16 19:26:49] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
[2014-06-16 19:27:02] Network difficulty changed to 792 ( 5.68G)

When it's doing this, it sometimes changes the network difficulty several times, then give the "pool 0 slow/down" message again, but it's not accepting shares.

Here's how I'm running bfgminer for the furys:

/root/bfgminer/bfgminer --scrypt -S zeus:/dev/ttyUSB0 --nocheck-golden --chips-count 6 --ltc-clk 328 --config=/opt/cgminer/cgminer_conf/cgminer-ttyUSB0.conf

and here's the config file:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://r6284.g21.rigs.eu.betarigs.com:9116",
                "user" : "chrison999-6284",
                "pass" : "x"
        },
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.ipominer.com:3333",
                "user" : "corion49.USB0",
                "pass" : "x"
        }
]
"failover-only" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "240",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4035",
"api-port" : "4035",
"expiry" : "120",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"usb" : ":1",
"request-diff" : "512",
"cmd-sick" : "pkill -9 bfgminer0",
"cmd-dead" : "pkill -9 bfgminer0",
"gridseed-options" : "baud=115200,freq=838,chips=40,modules=1,usefifo=0"
}

Can anyone see any errors in this or offer any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
There is now a branch available for folks who want to start testing ZeusMiner support and giving feedback:

I love to test in Windows if there is a build.

I don't know anything about coding so bear with me but is this necessary in BFGMiner:

Code:
	int chip_clk = freq;

//max clock 381MHz, min clock 200MHz
if (chip_clk > 381)
chip_clk = 381;
else if (chip_clk < 200)
chip_clk = 200;

earlier code from Zeus looked like this:

Code:
uint32_t clk_reg;
uint64_t golden_speed_percore;
if(opt_chip_clk>(0xff*3/2)){
opt_chip_clk = 0xff*3/2;
}
else if(opt_chip_clk<2){
opt_chip_clk = 2;
}

clk_reg= (uint32_t)(opt_chip_clk*2/3);

I'd like to try freq or clk 383 as explained by kramble here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7380726 but I think the BFGMiner code will only allow 381.
Can I set 382.5 clk?

I know, tiny gains, but already running at 381 clk with low HW errors.

uint32_t  is an unsigned 32 bit variable so you can only store up to 32 bit numbers no signal allowed only positive numbers. you cannot set 382.5 you would need a floating pointing variable and without getting into the differences between the two and the impact of floating point in a 'C' code the answer is NO you can only set integers for clock either 382 or 383!

change the code to the following

Code:
int chip_clk = freq;
//max clock 383MHz, min clock 200MHz
if (chip_clk > 383)
chip_clk = 383;
else if (chip_clk < 200)
chip_clk = 200;

You do this at your own risk, I don't know if the hardware can work overclocked. My answer is just to educate you on changing the min and max clock limits.

I hope this helps a bit.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Hey there,

ARCH is not working for me :

[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ sudo pacman -S bfgminer
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Packages (2): lm_sensors-3.3.5-1  bfgminer-3.9.0-1

Total Download Size:    0.43 MiB
Total Installed Size:   1.88 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages ...
error: failed retrieving file 'bfgminer-3.9.0-1-armv6h.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.a                        rchlinuxarm.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Any clue what i have done wrong ?

best regards

Hektek

Maybe look here and uncomment lots of stuff:
/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
Activity: 826
Could someone help me with the batch file for the zeus branch? I would like to be able to run my Gridseed and my ZM Blizzard in the same bfgminer instance

Currently running on Darkwinde's bfgminer I have

Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.rapidhash.net:3256 -u  -p 1234 --expiry 30 --queue 0 --scan-time 30 --zeus-cc 6 --zeus-clk 340 -S zeus:\\.\COM10

and my gridseed is on

Code:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://multi.pandapool.info:3032 -u  -p gridseed --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5 --hotplug 0

I would really appreciate the help
nwoolls huge thanks for this!  I'll give it a try tomorrow on my 7 Blizzards and let you know how it works out.

One more thing, I noticed in GitHub you've got what looks to be a newer branch:  https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support-cleaner

Is this the latest one I should test?  Or should I try the one you've provided in your post above?
Please test the "zeusminer" branch in my GitHub repo.
This is nwoolls' latest code with some minor cleanups (and a fix for big endian).
Windows builds here

Thanks lukejr...I'll currently building this on Rasbian Wheezy for the Pi.  I'll let you know how it works with 7 Blizzards connected to it.

Activity: 329
Hey there,

ARCH is not working for me :

[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ sudo pacman -S bfgminer
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Packages (2): lm_sensors-3.3.5-1  bfgminer-3.9.0-1

Total Download Size:    0.43 MiB
Total Installed Size:   1.88 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages ...
error: failed retrieving file 'bfgminer-3.9.0-1-armv6h.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.a                        rchlinuxarm.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Any clue what i have done wrong ?

best regards

Hektek
legendary
Activity: 1288
For some reason this commit will not find my Blizzards in Win 64.
There are no errors just not found.  The previous version Nate put up found them.
I will dig though to make sure it is not something on my end.

nwoolls huge thanks for this!  I'll give it a try tomorrow on my 7 Blizzards and let you know how it works out.

One more thing, I noticed in GitHub you've got what looks to be a newer branch:  https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support-cleaner

Is this the latest one I should test?  Or should I try the one you've provided in your post above?
This is nwoolls' latest code with some minor cleanups (and a fix for big endian).
Windows builds here

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

Windows builds here
Here's an updated ZeusMiner branch that I've submitted in a pull request to BFGMiner:

https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support-clean

This is basically the same code found in zeusminer-support but cleaned up into nicer commits.

There are quite a few changes (to both branches) so I'd encourage folks to test this new code.

At this point I've tested the code with both 6-chip and 60-chip ZeusMiner ASICs on OS X and a Raspberry Pi. I've also had users report success on Windows.

The driver defaults to 6 chips. You can specify chips, frequency, cores using the --set argument:

Code:
--set zus:chips=60
--set zus:freq=330

etc. If you have a buggy ZeusMiner unit that is not recognized, you can try using the following argument:

Code:
--set zus@/path/to/zeus:ignore_golden_nonce=1

Note that you should not use the above unless needed, and you should specify the path to the affected device. Otherwise other cp210x ASICs will be recognized as a ZeusMiner.

Thanks!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Is there any way bfgminer can be configured to 'reset' if it detects some of my gridseed miners have a low effective hashrate and/or are accepting few or zero shares (after say a given amount of time), rather than having to do this manually? I commonly have this issue with random gridseeds using multiminer despite having 'restart suspect/orphaned miners' checked in the program Sad

Other times its fine, but its entirely random

Activity: 34
Merit: 1
Simple question: can I run multiple/both scrypt and sha256 miners at the same time with bfgminer? I have 2 Gridseeds, 4 Rockminers and 1 RasberryPi. Can I plug all 6 devices in to 1 USB hub and run 1 instance of bfgminer? If yes, how would I configure bfgminer to use one pool for the Gridseeds and a separate pool for the rockminers?

Or do I need to run two instances of bfgminer, one for the gridseeds and one for the rockminers?
Activity: 50
Don't forget to aim the blade at port 8330 also.

I switch to port 8330 on BEB and seems to be working fine so far.
BFGminer 4.0.0 and 4.2.0 shows both devices: BFL 0 and PXY 0.

Thanks!

EDIT:

The problem seems to be something related with user:pass
If I set the BEB with same user:pass used in BFGminer, then PX1 shows up.

I used to mine BFL jalapeño with bfgminer pointing to worker1:pass1, and BEB with minigproxy pointing to worker2:pass2.

Now BFL + BEB with bfgminer pointing to worker1:pass1, but worker2:pass2 at BEB config page, then works fine.
If change to worker1:pass1 at BEB config page, then PXY 1 appears.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

I don't know if this is what is causing your problem, but port 8332 is the default port for the bitcoin daemon - so anything trying to connect to bitcoind may instead connect to your BFGMiner instance.

Just as an experiment, try using port 8330 instead and see if the problem persists.

Port 8332 is what I used in BEB config page.
BFGminer 4.0.0 runs ok using port 8332. Only shows BFL 0 + PXY 0, and PXY 1 doesn't appear.

I tried port 8330 with bfgminer 4.2.0 but shows BFL 0 only, PXY 0 does not appear.
Then I tried port 8330 with bfgminer 4.0.0 but does not shows both devices, BFL 0 only.

Don't forget to aim the blade at port 8330 also.
Activity: 50

I don't know if this is what is causing your problem, but port 8332 is the default port for the bitcoin daemon - so anything trying to connect to bitcoind may instead connect to your BFGMiner instance.

Just as an experiment, try using port 8330 instead and see if the problem persists.

Port 8332 is what I used in BEB config page.
BFGminer 4.0.0 runs ok using port 8332. Only shows BFL 0 + PXY 0, and PXY 1 doesn't appear.

I tried port 8330 with bfgminer 4.2.0 but shows BFL 0 only, PXY 0 does not appear.
Then I tried port 8330 with bfgminer 4.0.0 but does not shows both devices, BFL 0 only.
Pages:
Jump to: