Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 32. (Read 308307 times)

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041
Hi there.

I used to run a BFL jalapeño with bfgminer, and a block erupter blade with miningproxy.

Now I'm running both (BFL jalapeño + BEB) with bfgminer as follows:

Code:
bfgminer --http-port 8332 -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u Qu4k3r_A -p mypass

After begin to run bfgminer it shows both devices (BFL 0, PXY 0) but few minutes later a third device (PXY 1) shows up which is sick most of time and a little bit later is dead. Sometimes bfgminer shows three devices at once.

¿Is this normal, should I worry about it?

Thanks in advance.   Wink

I don't know if this is what is causing your problem, but port 8332 is the default port for the bitcoin daemon - so anything trying to connect to bitcoind may instead connect to your BFGMiner instance.

Just as an experiment, try using port 8330 instead and see if the problem persists.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hi there.

I used to run a BFL jalapeño with bfgminer, and a block erupter blade with miningproxy.

Now I'm running both (BFL jalapeño + BEB) with bfgminer as follows:

Code:
bfgminer --http-port 8332 -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u Qu4k3r_A -p mypass

After begin to run bfgminer it shows both devices (BFL 0, PXY 0) but few minutes later a third device (PXY 1) shows up which is sick most of time and a little bit later is dead. Sometimes bfgminer shows three devices at once.

¿Is this normal, should I worry about it?

Thanks in advance.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
   Just out of curiosity, ST (staged work) and AS (active submissions)  is this data utilizing/staging on system Ram or CPU cache or HDD cache in the case of USB ASICS like Antminer U2's ?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Here's an updated ZeusMiner branch that I've submitted in a pull request to BFGMiner:

https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support-clean

This is basically the same code found in zeusminer-support but cleaned up into nicer commits.

There are quite a few changes (to both branches) so I'd encourage folks to test this new code.

At this point I've tested the code with both 6-chip and 60-chip ZeusMiner ASICs on OS X and a Raspberry Pi. I've also had users report success on Windows.

The driver defaults to 6 chips. You can specify chips, frequency, cores using the --set argument:

Code:
--set zus:chips=60
--set zus:freq=330

etc. If you have a buggy ZeusMiner unit that is not recognized, you can try using the following argument:

Code:
--set zus@/path/to/zeus:ignore_golden_nonce=1

Note that you should not use the above unless needed, and you should specify the path to the affected device. Otherwise other cp210x ASICs will be recognized as a ZeusMiner.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Some of the anti-virus programs have a buried option that you must find which specifically address (.exe) files and the exclusion must be enabled then the excluded (.exe file) name must be repeated there as well.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
HI Nate.
I am just getting ready to test this now in windows 7 64 bit.
Same way as usual?  Replace the BFG folder with the new version? 
Have the miner arguments been working ok for the zeus miners?  I have them running stable at 350.
Thanks Nate.

There is now a branch available for folks who want to start testing ZeusMiner support and giving feedback:

https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support

Available options are:

Code:
--set zus:chips=X
--set zus:freq=XXX
--set zus:cores=X
--set zus:nocheck_golden=1

While the first three are self explanatory, the fourth is apparently required to work around a small (but significant) number of buggy HW/FW revisions. These ASICs do not return a proper response to the detect command sent to them. As such, you must tell the driver to ignore the "golden nonce" returned by the device.

It is recommended you do not use this unless you are sure you need to. Also, if you must use it, I recommend you target a specific device by its path, e.g.:

Code:
--set zus@/dev/ttyUSB2:nocheck_golden=1

If you have the time / ability to test this on OpenWRT that would be awesome. There were some work-arounds in the reference driver code from ZeusMiner that I left out until I can verify it is necessary.
legendary
There has got to be some way to have it exclude it.  I cannot find one so far though.

Havent tried but even if it does work, it would be pointless as I cannot leave it off all the time.
Does it keep doing it even if you disable and then use the program?

I wish I had an answer for you.
I know that for some reason many of the mining software packs cause the anti virus programs to lock them.

Currently running a scan so I can't do anything to try and exclude it until it's done but MBAM jus logged the exe file from the 3.5.10 (Latest Stable) as Trojan.BitcoinMiner

Edit: Scans been done but keeps getting quarantined by MBAM ;-(

I like the inherent minimal OC out of the box and want to give BFG a shot for a while, currently using CGM and the two requests I made asking for help on how to OC have gone unanswered.
Anyone ?
Doesn't do it to CGM but this is kind of sucking for me.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Havent tried but even if it does work, it would be pointless as I cannot leave it off all the time.

I know that for some reason many of the mining software packs cause the anti virus programs to lock them.

Currently running a scan so I can't do anything to try and exclude it until it's done but MBAM jus logged the exe file from the 3.5.10 (Latest Stable) as Trojan.BitcoinMiner

I like the inherent minimal OC out of the box and want to give BFG a shot for a while, currently using CGM and the two requests I made asking for help on how to OC have gone unanswered.
Anyone ?
legendary

Anyone ?
legendary
By the way I have the freq up to 350 and stable on both.

Are the ZeusMiner Blizzard and the GawMiner Fury the same rig with different labels?  If so, can I run a Fury on BFGMiner?
legendary

Anyone ?
legendary

Anyone ?
legendary

Anyone ?
legendary
Activity: 1018
Hi, I try to clone the repo https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support with the command

Code:
 sudo git clone https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer.git

but don't work, what is the correct git to clone the branch with Zeus driver?

Thanks W_M
legendary
Yes they are.
I have both and tore them both apart.  Exact same unit down to the firmware.
I will have a review up next week about it.
So far it detects and works great with MM.
I will start bumping up the freq soon to see how it goes.

Are the ZeusMiner Blizzard and the GawMiner Fury the same rig with different labels?  If so, can I run a Fury on BFGMiner?
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
There is now a branch available for folks who want to start testing ZeusMiner support and giving feedback:

I love to test in Windows if there is a build.

I don't know anything about coding so bear with me but is this necessary in BFGMiner:

Code:
	int chip_clk = freq;

//max clock 381MHz, min clock 200MHz
if (chip_clk > 381)
chip_clk = 381;
else if (chip_clk < 200)
chip_clk = 200;

earlier code from Zeus looked like this:

Code:
uint32_t clk_reg;
uint64_t golden_speed_percore;
if(opt_chip_clk>(0xff*3/2)){
opt_chip_clk = 0xff*3/2;
}
else if(opt_chip_clk<2){
opt_chip_clk = 2;
}

clk_reg= (uint32_t)(opt_chip_clk*2/3);

I'd like to try freq or clk 383 as explained by kramble here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7380726 but I think the BFGMiner code will only allow 381.
Can I set 382.5 clk?

I know, tiny gains, but already running at 381 clk with low HW errors.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Hi, is possible to run this branch in hybrid mode, running OC Gridsed mini at 1050Mhs and Zeus Blizzard on the same istance of BFGMINER in a Linux detach screen console?

Thanks in advance W_M

Yes the ZeusMiner driver works fine mining with both GridSeed and ZeusMiner devices in the same instance of BFGMiner.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1018
Hi, is possible to run this branch in hybrid mode, running OC Gridsed mini at 1050Mhs and Zeus Blizzard on the same istance of BFGMINER in a Linux detach screen console?

Thanks in advance W_M
Pages:
Jump to: