Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 55. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
< My mining rig >
Question on payouts -- sometimes my payouts show up in the wallet as "Received with", sometimes they show up as "Mined" -- what's the difference, other than "Received" matures in 6 confirmations while "Mined" doesn't mature until 120 confirmations?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
I just had an idea I want to throw here, and you'll do whatever you want with it:
It would be great you could run a similar pool for Litecoin! It's one of the few trustable altcoin, and it's pretty much the last place we can spend CPU and GPU hashing power and not spend more in electricity.
Eloipool and wizstats are really well done software, and you guys seem really honest and devoted to your pool, so I believe it would be as awesome with Litecoin.
It's because we're honest that we won't get involved with scams like Litecoin.

Why is litecoin a scam? Please point me to a convincing thread.
Activity: 237
Connectivity Issues and Coming Resolutoin
was this done already?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
So I went to order something from the store on Eligius.  I added it to the cart.  Then I go to where?  I don't see anywhere to do payments etc?  Am I blind?
The message "HashBuster Micro added to your cart." has a link for "your cart".
http://eligius.st/~gateway/cart

I'll note the lack of another way to get there to Gateway69..
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
So I went to order something from the store on Eligius.  I added it to the cart.  Then I go to where?  I don't see anywhere to do payments etc?  Am I blind?
legendary
I just had an idea I want to throw here, and you'll do whatever you want with it:
It would be great you could run a similar pool for Litecoin! It's one of the few trustable altcoin, and it's pretty much the last place we can spend CPU and GPU hashing power and not spend more in electricity.
Eloipool and wizstats are really well done software, and you guys seem really honest and devoted to your pool, so I believe it would be as awesome with Litecoin.
It's because we're honest that we won't get involved with scams like Litecoin.
Activity: 157

I do know it would probably be a lot of work to put in place though, so I really don't expect that to be done in the short term. However, I'm throwing in the idea, so if luke-jr, wizkid, or anybody else is inspired by it, it might be done. I'd be the first to mine on that pool. (I've done a few searches on the internet, and it seems that someone has already forked eloipool to do an scrypt implementation; and requested a merge with the main eloipool branch)

As always, great work you two!
legendary
Hey wizkid057,

Would it be possible to have the stats display per-worker revenue (in BTC, cumulatively)? I would like to be able to use one payment address, but still see at a glance which miners have paid for themselves and which ones have not. I recognize you're too busy to implement it now with the recent chaos. Would it be possible to make this work retroactively so that in a few weeks (when you have time) we can see the earnings that are being made now?

If you do this, I'll dump 50 mBTC into the 1Stats address.

Alternately, if you point me to the relevant section of code, I can try to construct a patch myself.
Pretty sure what you're asking here is a major overhaul, and balances are not tracker per-worker.
Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
Hey wizkid057,

Would it be possible to have the stats display per-worker revenue (in BTC, cumulatively)? I would like to be able to use one payment address, but still see at a glance which miners have paid for themselves and which ones have not. I recognize you're too busy to implement it now with the recent chaos. Would it be possible to make this work retroactively so that in a few weeks (when you have time) we can see the earnings that are being made now?

If you do this, I'll dump 50 mBTC into the 1Stats address.

Alternately, if you point me to the relevant section of code, I can try to construct a patch myself.
legendary
Activity: 1223
I'll get a manual payout together this afternoon.

Going to have to push this back to tomorrow morning, got called away again this evening and I'm kind of beat. Undecided
legendary
Greetings Eligius miners,

First, let me apologize for the stability issues with the pool server today.  This morning during some routine maintenance some core hardware at the data center we are using failed, knocking many systems offline, including the rack containing Eligius.  This hardware was able to be fully replaced within 25 minutes and all services resumed at that time.

The pool's current vardiff setup (starting with diff 2) caused some lag when everyone reconnected (and hadn't yet had their difficulties adjusted upward).  This subsided on its own after about 30 minutes.

A separate issue caused a few hosts used in our load balancing and DNS round robin to experience intermittent network connectivity, enough to auto-remove them from the DNS.  Once there were too few interfaces for inbound connections, the pool was not able to get data fast enough to sustain mining as normal.  This has been corrected and settings adjusted so that it doesn't happen again.

The stats issues are generally due to fail-safe events at inconvenient times.  For example, last night's was less than 20 minutes after I had gone to bed, not noticed until morning.  There are several events that trigger the failsafe events, the majority of which are corrected very easily.  I will be automating the user-intervention portion of some of these soon.

In any case, I am going to be taking the time to overhaul the entire networking setup for Eligius tonight and tomorrow.  That said, you may experience brief connection interruptions as make modifications.  I will try to keep them to a minimum, but some will be unavoidable.

Please make sure you have a fail-over pool configured in bfgminer/cgminer.  If your mining software doesn't support fail-over pools then use software that does or just ride it out.  I personally use Bitminter for fail-over, then solo if Eligius and Bitminter are down.

After these changes/upgrades are done I don't anticipate any further pool connectivity interruptions.

Thank you for mining Eligius!

-wk
legendary
Well I've got my Blades on another getwork friendly pool now.

Like I said my BFL stuff is hashing away great with minepeon on Eligius right now... it never stopped.

I'll just point out again, this time more bluntly, that pointing blades directly at a remote pool is stupid.

First, the blades do not process new work while waiting for responses from the remote host.  This leads to an actual pool-side hash rate decrease (the blades always report the same regardless of accepted/rejected shares).  This is exaggerated when the network or pool is under any real load, leading to more noticeable drops in hash rates.

Second, the blades to not honor work difficulty specifications by the pool.  So, any pool that serves work higher than difficulty 1 will cause you to submit 2x, 4x, 8x, or more shares to the pool than needed and the majority of them will get rejected for not meeting the target.  This puts unnecessary load on the pool.

Third, the blades do not honor the HTTP spec and instead use a broken partially working version that is NOT DESIGNED TO WORK WITH POOLS.  

Fourth, this is said in the documentation for the blades for all of the above reasons.

In short, DO NOT POINT ASICMINER BLADES DIRECTLY AT ANY REMOTE POOL'S GETWORK SERVERS.  Run a stratum proxy on your LAN, point your blades at the proxy and point the proxy at the pool.  Problem solved.  bfgminer also includes a proxy in the linux version now.

-wk
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Well I've got my Blades on another getwork friendly pool now.

Like I said my BFL stuff is hashing away great with minepeon on Eligius right now... it never stopped.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Constant downtime.. constant stats issues.. constant delayed payouts..  Might be the time to switch to a pool with fees and avoid all of this. Undecided  Huh

All pools experience downtime hell everything in life does now that I think about it but we have very little downtime compared to some of the larger pools. They are constantly being hit with DDOS attacks. I'm here because  this pool has been very reliable and responsive. It doesn't really matter when the stats get frozen, it's actually a fail safe in place to prevent problems from certain outages and attacks. I have had no delayed payouts. You don't get paid as soon as you reach your mark, you are then entered into the payout queue.

Anyway all seems like it's back to normal again (quick turnaround THX!!!) and if you just use failover with a backup pool this really shouldn't be a big issue.
legendary
Constant downtime.. constant stats issues.. constant delayed payouts..  Might be the time to switch to a pool with fees and avoid all of this. Undecided  Huh

Actually pool downtime has been minimal. Stats is another issue.

A "pool with fees" doesnt guarantee anything better.
Activity: 237
yep all down. we should wait for a statement from wizkid and meanwhile just use another pool.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Guys, I just posted over 40 minutes ago the pool is having problems. I have a few friends that love this pool and aren't able to mine here and are using another pool. God only knows why my friends call me and ask if I'm having problems. They all know I don't use this pool. They are all freaking out.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Besides stats not working... anyone else not get paid recently?  My screen says I was to be paid .7 btc... but under last payouts I show No recent data available.

Yes I was expecting a payment yesterday, still there, still accumulating but no payment
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I've been getting well over 1000x the amount of discards as I do accepted from the pool.  I have disabled it to see if my other two pools that are load balanced will settle out.  This issue has only been happening for the last week or a bit longer.  Before that, everything was rock solid.  Discards would be well below accepted.

Anyone else see the same thing?

Running BFGMiner 3.7.0 with proxy enabled.
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
keep getting stratum connection to pool interrupted

*edit
Stats down now too

Are the Data-centre gremlins resolved or ongoing?
Pages:
Jump to: