Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 58. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 342
Merit: 250
Is it possible to connect to this with BE Blades pool without a stratum proxy. 
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

I've found too many connection outages/issues with Eligius, a lower hash rate with my miner, no manual payout and a true lack of necessary graphs that the Guild has on your dashboard. I can't speak for the payout system at all, cause I'll never understand it. I've been happy paying the fee at the Guild and fortunately have had good luck there as well. Maybe a fee based pool motivates the pool operator a little more? I don't know, money usually does those things.

Yeah the payout system is somewhat complex....but it works for me Smiley.
Fees definitely enable having better equipment which can help combat ddos attacks, however I think the operator is very motivated. Resources are always limited, but with lower fees even more so. I'm happy with that trade-off...but thats a personal decision. If you're happy to pay the fee at guild, thas fine too. If you're a miner, there's no thing called luck imo, except when you're referring to incoming hardware shipments Wink.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Okay i am a fan of BFGMiner. so why should i use this pool over say btcguild? not wanting to bash or anything just asking what are the negatives and positives you offer.

I've found too many connection outages/issues with Eligius, a lower hash rate with my miner, no manual payout and a true lack of necessary graphs that the Guild has on your dashboard. I can't speak for the payout system at all, cause I'll never understand it. I've been happy paying the fee at the Guild and fortunately have had good luck there as well. Maybe a fee based pool motivates the pool operator a little more? I don't know, money usually does those things.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Not sure payments are working correctly,

Estimated Position in Payout Queue
Approximately 0.00000000 BTC remaining to enter payout queue. Maintaining your 3 hour hashrate average, this will take at least another a few seconds at current network difficulty of 609482679.89.

Note: Your minimum payout was customized to 0.01048576 BTC under 'My Eligius'.

Unpaid Balance       Shares              Rewarded
As of last block:        0.02240895 BTC   81.65%
Estimated Change: +0.00103505 BTC   +2.62%
Estimated Total:        0.02344400 BTC   84.27%

eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1EbapZX1t9CZmQaYh7i3MZFEmzaDkCN2dR
Activity: 31
Payout queue seems down?

Edit: It's back up.
Activity: 440
hashrate is down again?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Today we've added support to keep track of your Eligius accounts to CryptFolio (thread).

CryptFolio helps you safely keep track of mining pool balances and worker hashrates over time, and generates reports (such as your overall USD net worth and historical hashrates).
Activity: 602
I run MinePeon on a Raspberry Pi as a stratum proxy for Eligius.  Once the Pi is set up, I just point my blades to the ip of the Pi. 

Hey I've been googling this but coming up short....

I'm trying to mine with this pool using ASICminer blades. They do not support stratum by themselves. I've been running them on SLush's pool using a proxy executable on their website. Is there a similar proxy for Eligius.st Huh Right now using mining.eligius.st my blades are only getting 3-4 GH/s instead of the 10.7 GH/s 

Now everyone keeps mentioning the slush's pool proxy, but doesnt that exe file only communicate with their (slush's) server???

Thanks for the response! I believe I've got it working now.... Using these tags in a shortcut to the slush proxy .exe

--host=stratum.mining.eligius.st --port=3334
Activity: 3
I run MinePeon on a Raspberry Pi as a stratum proxy for Eligius.  Once the Pi is set up, I just point my blades to the ip of the Pi. 

I'm trying to mine with this pool using ASICminer blades. They do not support stratum by themselves. I've been running them on SLush's pool using a proxy executable on their website. Is there a similar proxy for Eligius.st Huh Right now using mining.eligius.st my blades are only getting 3-4 GH/s instead of the 10.7 GH/s 

Now everyone keeps mentioning the slush's pool proxy, but doesnt that exe file only communicate with their (slush's) server???
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
Does merged mining NMC+BTC have any disadvantages to mining BTC only?
Activity: 602

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
something is wrong
my hash rate is going down

Same here. Pool hasrate according to stats is also at 50% "normal"
Application layer DoS apparently has been ongoing.  Working on it Undecided

apparently not for everyone including myself

Ah well, sucks to be you, eh?  Cheesy
so what are you guys trying to say the DDoS never happen, and no one had problems Huh
because if it's true then I probably don't know what I'm doing and should stay away. correct?

wizkid confirm please

Mining was unreachable or unstable for a total of about 8 hours over the past 72 hours due to DDoS attacks.  They seem to have stopped and I have implemented some new countermeasures.

My Eligius signing is working again.  Sorry about that.

-wk
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
something is wrong

so what are you guys trying to say the DDoS never happen, and no one had problems Huh
because if it's true then I probably don't know what I'm doing and should stay away. correct?

wizkid confirm please
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
something is wrong

Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
Come back?  Why did you leave?  Huh  Mining's been totally solid for months...
This  Grin

And unrelated from ^^ but I wanted to ask if  minimum share difficulty was changed within the last 48hours? Cheers...
1.21 GIGA WATTS
something is wrong

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Hi wizkid,

has DDoS ended and Eligius 100% operational and good to come back now?

Come back?  Why did you leave?  Huh  Mining's been totally solid for months...
1.21 GIGA WATTS
Hi wizkid,

has DDoS ended and Eligius 100% operational and good to come back now?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
I'm using bitcoin-qt v0.8.5.0-gef14a26-beta for Linux and the message signing fails when adding "NMC Merged Mining Addr" at: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/mystats.php?cmd=options

The message I get is:

Code:
Signature fails!
You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!

When I use "Sign Message" and then "Verify Message" on the message I just signed it works OK in the bitcoin-qt client.

Do I need the Windows version of bitcoin-qt to make this work?

The signature check daemon crashed it looks like. I will fix it when I get home in a few hours
Activity: 385
Merit: 333
-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
I'm using bitcoin-qt v0.8.5.0-gef14a26-beta for Linux and the message signing fails when adding "NMC Merged Mining Addr" at: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/mystats.php?cmd=options

The message I get is:

Code:
Signature fails!
You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!

When I use "Sign Message" and then "Verify Message" on the message I just signed it works OK in the bitcoin-qt client.

Do I need the Windows version of bitcoin-qt to make this work?
Pages:
Jump to: