Pages:
Author

Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved) - page 13. (Read 64751 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
January 15, 2014, 01:07:54 PM
One week in fabrication Sad order #1200
Would I receive it for the end of the month ? :/

Fabrication typically takes 8 working days (see https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6), after which it ships out:)
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 15, 2014, 10:47:29 AM
One week in fabrication Sad order #1200
Would I receive it for the end of the month ? :/
donator
January 15, 2014, 08:17:17 AM
This website shows when mine departed and is in route to the US.  http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/

For some reason I can't access .post URLs with Google's DNS servers - works on my phone, though:)
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
January 15, 2014, 08:13:20 AM
This website shows when mine departed and is in route to the US.  http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/
donator
January 15, 2014, 05:51:38 AM
I never got a tracking number and I ordered 02/12/2013 (order  #835)

Where is this thing? I have no use for it now...

I see there's an open ticket for this on the ticketing system - if you don't hear from the support team let me know:)
donator
January 15, 2014, 05:50:42 AM
Were are we at on the orders? I hope progress is being made.  Grin

Progressing nicely and catching up on the holiday period backlog - we've shipped up to order 1130 (though there's a fairly big batch still at customs).

Two challenges we're facing:

- There are a handful of old orders that still aren't tracking, so we chase those manually where necessary. Sometimes we don't pick those up, as AfterShip shows that they're tracking, meanwhile the only status is the "accepted by branch" status (doesn't always show publicly) and it's sitting on the floor waiting for the ports authority to accept it and put it on a boat. The guys that chose EMS don't seem to have the same issue, although we've had two EMS parcels that we had to "prod" the post office to handle.

- A lot of people - like a LOT - aren't getting email updates because GMail is marking our email as spam. We've put a notice at the end of the checkout process in big bold letters to let them know they must check their spam folder, although not everyone reads that. We've also checked our SPF record and so on, and everything seems to be in order, so I don't know what's prompted GMail's filters to flag our system emails. They are receiving the emails without indicating a softfail:

root@mailer:/var/log/exim4# grep -ir "1W30sM-0005Qt-C7" *
mainlog.1:2014-01-14 05:05:38 1W30sM-0005Qt-C7 <= [email protected] U=www-data P=local S=1540
mainlog.1:2014-01-14 05:05:39 1W30sM-0005Qt-C7 => [email protected] R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [173.194.76.26] X=TLS1.0:RSA_ARCFOUR_SHA1:16 DN="C=US,ST=California,L=Mountain View,O=Google Inc,CN=mx.google.com"
mainlog.1:2014-01-14 05:05:39 1W30sM-0005Qt-C7 Completed

We may have to switch over to GMail's SMTP if this doesn't abate.
donator
January 15, 2014, 12:36:21 AM

SAPO's tracking is very poor to say the least.  I wouldn't even offer them as an option if I could avoid it...

According to their site, the last time my package was scanned was 1/9.  Probably going to be closer to February before I get it.

1   Comment   2014/01/09   07:36   CAPEMAIL INTERNATIONAL (HUB)   Insert item into bag Out
2   In transit   2014/01/08   07:26   CAPEMAIL (HUB)   
3   At Office   2014/01/07   11:16   PLETTENBERGBAAI   First Notification to recipient
4   In transit   2014/01/05   17:47   GEORGE (HUB)   

That last status (insert item into bag out) means it's left the country - so there's not much more it can say:) Tracking it to see if it's arrived is best done on USPS or Royal Mail or whatever the local mail service is (using the same tracking number)
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
January 14, 2014, 09:37:05 PM
I never got a tracking number and I ordered 02/12/2013 (order  #835)

Where is this thing? I have no use for it now...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 14, 2014, 08:28:04 PM

SAPO's tracking is very poor to say the least.  I wouldn't even offer them as an option if I could avoid it...

According to their site, the last time my package was scanned was 1/9.  Probably going to be closer to February before I get it.

1   Comment   2014/01/09   07:36   CAPEMAIL INTERNATIONAL (HUB)   Insert item into bag Out
2   In transit   2014/01/08   07:26   CAPEMAIL (HUB)   
3   At Office   2014/01/07   11:16   PLETTENBERGBAAI   First Notification to recipient
4   In transit   2014/01/05   17:47   GEORGE (HUB)   
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
January 14, 2014, 07:12:19 PM
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 14, 2014, 09:16:03 AM
I'm guessing this one got forgotten!  Can you check after the weekend?

Thanks,
Z

Whoops - I did forget! Do you want the diagonal measured, or do you want the horizontal and vertical heights?

H/V would be perfect, thanks!

Ok - height is 8cm or 7.8cm, depending on whether you get variant 1 (early orders) or variant 2 (more recent orders). Width to the last GPU screw is 25cm on the 6 GPU or 8 GPU rigs, and 25.4cm on the 4 GPU rigs.

Great, thanks!
donator
January 14, 2014, 08:57:06 AM

Thanks,
Z

Whoops - I did forget! Do you want the diagonal measured, or do you want the horizontal and vertical heights?

Ok - height is 8cm or 7.8cm, depending on whether you get variant 1 (early orders) or variant 2 (more recent orders). Width to the last GPU screw is 25cm on the 6 GPU or 8 GPU rigs, and 25.4cm on the 4 GPU rigs.
January 13, 2014, 09:14:18 AM

Thanks,
Z

donator
January 13, 2014, 03:57:26 AM
I have ordered one of these rigs of you , Its quite expensive shipping aswell, $45 for a flat pack is quite dear I guess this is not your fault... Post is post ...... Anyways Its all done and paid.. my question is how long will it take I really hope its not like these hong kong ebay trips where it goes around the world in 40 days before I get it.

Yep - unfortunately the flat-packs aren't flat-rate, so we pay by weight:)

If you chose the cheapest option (surface mail) it's a bit hard to predict how fast it'll go, but it's pretty direct, not via anywhere. You can read more on our process and expected timelines in our delivery and returns policy: https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6
donator
January 13, 2014, 03:55:15 AM

Thanks,
Z

Activity: 420
January 13, 2014, 03:07:12 AM
I have ordered one of these rigs of you , Its quite expensive shipping aswell, $45 for a flat pack is quite dear I guess this is not your fault... Post is post ...... Anyways Its all done and paid.. my question is how long will it take I really hope its not like these hong kong ebay trips where it goes around the world in 40 days before I get it.
January 12, 2014, 12:15:12 AM
Hey fluffy, can you tell me what the distance is between points indicated by the red lines?

Got an unused 10" screen I wouldn't mind mounting on a KVM.

Thanks!

I'll measure it up for you on Monday and let you know:)

Thanks,
Z
donator
January 09, 2014, 07:23:39 AM
Yeah, this is a very long time. I've already got my rigs all built and running. I'll likely just flip mine domestically when they arrive as I don't feel like rebuilding my rigs. Anyone want to reserve a 4 or 6 GPU vitalia with all the add-ons? LOL! Smiley

I can picture those tribal ladies that balance water pots on their head transporting the mail all over South Africa. ROFL

LOL!

The problem is really only around late November to the end of January. There are two things that impact it and lead to a very drastic slow-down in deliveries:

- Customs gets completely tied up, because there are so many migrant workers from Zimbabwe and Malawi and other parts of Africa that are both sending parcels to their families and receiving parcels from their families. As is expected, they send parcels with things like cans of underarm deodorant (I kid you not), which have to be removed and destroyed because of the danger of the cans exploding. They also don't fill in documentation correctly, and postal staff just process the parcel and send it out, making it custom's issue to deal with.

- If that's not bad enough, because of the high cost associated with courier deliveries in South Africa, the postal service becomes *the* method for delivering parcels (international and domestic). Since they don't have the staff capacity, they hire temporary staff to make up for it. The temps don't have training, don't have time for training, and are paid a pittance, so they aren't really motivated to work well. This means that parcels like ours, that are pre-cleared by customs, end up sitting at the post office in a pile in the corner waiting to be processed until they can get to it.

To give you an indication of the magnitude of the problem, this time last year I was at Capemail customs in Cape Town paying customs and collecting parcels from eBay, and they told me that they had just over 100 000 uncollected parcels sitting on the warehouse shelves from November/December! Typically stuff sits on the shelves for such a short period of time that they barely have a few thousand parcels at any given point in time, so it really goes crazy.

From the beginning of February the backlog is cleared, both at customs and at the post office hubs and branches, and the temporary staff have gone, so things return to normal. Doing a soft launch at the beginning of November was great, but our mistake was wanting to take advantage of Bitcoin Black Friday at the end of November - we didn't think that so many people would choose the cheapest shipping option, and we'd just end up contributing to the year-end backlog:)
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
January 08, 2014, 11:05:00 PM
Yeah, this is a very long time. I've already got my rigs all built and running. I'll likely just flip mine domestically when they arrive as I don't feel like rebuilding my rigs. Anyone want to reserve a 4 or 6 GPU vitalia with all the add-ons? LOL! Smiley

I can picture those tribal ladies that balance water pots on their head transporting the mail all over South Africa. ROFL
Activity: 406
January 08, 2014, 10:22:37 PM
Order 743 here. Just got my tracking info from [email protected]. Damn, is the South African post office slow. Buyer beware, I bought my rig on Black Friday and am still waiting.

I have had cordial experiences with customer service (and Riccardo). Just wasn't expecting things to take this long  Undecided

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.  It's okay man.  I expected it to be quite slow... If these things take off, I might have to contact OP about being a USA reseller. 

I like the design but I want to test it first Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: