Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 7. (Read 77024 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Trak, I guess you changed your mind since March, huh. You use to like Silk as shown below. Also it is kinda weird how you became a full member bashing Silk in this thread.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14271668

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.  Do elaborate.

That was before the bad hit of acid........
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Trak, I guess you changed your mind since March, huh. You use to like Silk as shown below. Also it is kinda weird how you became a full member bashing Silk in this thread.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.  Do elaborate.
Activity: 245

legendary
What about wallet for Windows?

Thanks.
Silk will work on Windows.  We just haven't tested it yet.

I have test built DarkSilk on Windows.

Silk will 100% build on Windows as it is based on the same bitcoin codebase as DarkSilk.

Ok cool thanks...  I don't have Linux installed at the moment and am not an Apple fan.

It is good to, and I always suggest this to people. If your running Windows, install VMWare Workstation and run a Ubuntu virtual machine which is encrypted and passworded. This way you can build the latest version of the wallet yourself from the source files and run the wallet in a more secure environment.

I think I will have to do that...  Haven't used VM workstation in a long long time.

Do you guys have any plans for mobile wallet releases down the road?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Think I may have asked about mobile wallet before, sorry if I am repeating myself.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
CTO - Silk Network

Thanks.
Silk will work on Windows.  We just haven't tested it yet.

Silk will 100% build on Windows as it is based on the same bitcoin codebase as DarkSilk.

Ok cool thanks...  I don't have Linux installed at the moment and am not an Apple fan.

It is good to, and I always suggest this to people. If your running Windows, install VMWare Workstation and run a Ubuntu virtual machine which is encrypted and passworded. This way you can build the latest version of the wallet yourself from the source files and run the wallet in a more secure environment.
legendary

Thanks.
Silk will work on Windows.  We just haven't tested it yet.

Ok cool thanks...  I don't have Linux installed at the moment and am not an Apple fan.
CTO - Silk Network

Thanks.

Activity: 229

Thanks.
legendary

Thanks.
Activity: 229
Silk's multisig UI is getting closer:

I still have work to get these tabs fully functional.

The wallet is running very smooth so far and has been tested using Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) and Mac OS X.  Headers first block sync, chainActive and many other core code added to Bitcoin v0.12 are part of Silk.  It was well worth the hard work getting to this point.

There have been improvement to PoS that you will notice.  The split transactions, high orphan block creation and over utilization of CPU resources after many PoS rewards in one wallet don't seem to be issues anymore. We have not yet confirmed that the CPU utilization or the high orphan block creation has been truely fixed until we can complete further testing:

Most PoS enhancements were forked from Emercoin and Blackcoin but some are from Spencer's modifications and code.  '

I do respect the fact that Spencer will not release this coin until all issues are fixed and we have a nice, stable wallet so investors and users do not struggle with faulty code.  These high standards impose delays but, in the end, user satifaction is why we write software and coming from a healthcare background, I do not feel comfortable releasing buggy code.
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
I didn't cause Silkcoin being delisted. Grow up.
I also haven't lost any of the community. Real community members don't dump.

True
we won't dump
quite the opposite

Also I didn't say anything about Trak since there was a mention that he could be bholzer
Bholzer and Arteleis gave us hope for Silkcoin

But you guys gave us more hope for something even bigger!!!
Thank you for that, and I mean it
Activity: 441
Merit: 251
Again strange he cam up with the scorpion and Phoenix, Darksilk, the Silk Weaver, hired you, paid you yet there is not a note of credit anywhere.. just me and you arguing over he said she said.  So go off and continue your stolen concept and I'll preserve Silkcoin indefinitely for reasons of principle alone.

Well it was me and arteleis who came up with the Phoenix in a conversation, back then he was toying with a scorpion and an anonymous emblem. We also had an eagle for weaver at that time but that didn't make the cut.

Right you built on it so much that polo kicked us out for low volume.   Lost 3/4 if not more of the Silkcoin community that backed you and are moving forward  without an ounce of recognition for the ones who got you here.  

Thanks for the luck on the monument.  

Good luck with the Silk Network.  I 100% support those that want to swap their worthless coins for Silk and look forward to the Silkcoin supply decreasing before the relaunch.  

Well we knew we would suffer attrition before launching, it's the way of the phoenix. I dig the monument, it will be like a finger pointing to the project's metamorphosis  Cool.
CTO - Silk Network

So you were working on Darksilk for Arteleis as an anon developer yet.. you own the name? Interesting

Literally everybody who's still here from the old "takeover" team can vouch for Spencer, who can vouch for you ?

Sorry what are we vouching for?   As far as the old takeover team.. I think you're the only one left?

Having spoken in depth with Arteleis about the project I can vouch for the current direction within this team. It is the same as the ambitions were in 2014.

It is an abomination of the ambitions of 2014.   But to each their own.

Please list the things which cause this project to be an abomination, we are open to all criticism, but it cannot just be hot air and non-sensical garbage.

1.  You ran Silkcoin into the ground.   And are disposing of it after.  Nice work.  No need for a list.

1. Arteleis wanted the swap to a new coin. The old Silkcoin was destined for the ground.

Oh you must have misread the memo.  New chain. Not new coin... and then swap 1:1 at leisure for Darksilk.  Keep the volume up on polo, decrease silkcoin supply by burning dark...  make investors like me happy who bought silk to swap for Darksilk, and then continue development on silkcoin.

I know this because I was in conversation before you were HIRED to do it!

So now polo is dead and your still dragging every flailing bag holder with you. 

Anyways.  Like I said I will keep the silkcoin chain going if at the least a monument, I will start a monument thread when you start the silk thread, and when a keen developer comes along the monument will come back to life. 

That's about it. 

Well you obviously missed the memo, because, there was a lot of talk about that first idea and then it was decided by Arteleis, myself and others that Silkcoin will be relaunched as Silk.

Otherwise, why would he of drawn up photoshop images for Silk and DarkSilk and insist on a Phoenix and Scorpion for the logo.

Again strange he cam up with the scorpion and Phoenix, Darksilk, the Silk Weaver, hired you, paid you yet there is not a note of credit anywhere.. just me and you arguing over he said she said.  So go off and continue your stolen concept and I'll preserve Silkcoin indefinitely for reasons of principle alone.

His initial concept was good, but we have built upon it so much more. Nothing has been stolen when I was the one alongside him that came up with the idea for Weaver and DarkSilk in terms of name, look, functionality and logos.

Good luck with your monument.

Right you built on it so much that polo kicked us out for low volume.   Lost 3/4 if not more of the Silkcoin community that backed you and are moving forward  without an ounce of recognition for the ones who got you here. 

Good luck with the Silk Network.  I 100% support those that want to swap their worthless coins for Silk and look forward to the Silkcoin supply decreasing before the relaunch. 

I didn't cause Silkcoin being delisted. Grow up.

I also haven't lost any of the community. Real community members don't dump.

So you were working on Darksilk for Arteleis as an anon developer yet.. you own the name? Interesting

Literally everybody who's still here from the old "takeover" team can vouch for Spencer, who can vouch for you ?

Sorry what are we vouching for?   As far as the old takeover team.. I think you're the only one left?

Having spoken in depth with Arteleis about the project I can vouch for the current direction within this team. It is the same as the ambitions were in 2014.

Please list the things which cause this project to be an abomination, we are open to all criticism, but it cannot just be hot air and non-sensical garbage.

1.  You ran Silkcoin into the ground.   And are disposing of it after.  Nice work.  No need for a list.

1. Arteleis wanted the swap to a new coin. The old Silkcoin was destined for the ground.

Oh you must have misread the memo.  New chain. Not new coin... and then swap 1:1 at leisure for Darksilk.  Keep the volume up on polo, decrease silkcoin supply by burning dark...  make investors like me happy who bought silk to swap for Darksilk, and then continue development on silkcoin.

Anyways.  Like I said I will keep the silkcoin chain going if at the least a monument, I will start a monument thread when you start the silk thread, and when a keen developer comes along the monument will come back to life. 

That's about it. 

Well you obviously missed the memo, because, there was a lot of talk about that first idea and then it was decided by Arteleis, myself and others that Silkcoin will be relaunched as Silk.

Otherwise, why would he of drawn up photoshop images for Silk and DarkSilk and insist on a Phoenix and Scorpion for the logo.

Again strange he cam up with the scorpion and Phoenix, Darksilk, the Silk Weaver, hired you, paid you yet there is not a note of credit anywhere.. just me and you arguing over he said she said.  So go off and continue your stolen concept and I'll preserve Silkcoin indefinitely for reasons of principle alone.

His initial concept was good, but we have built upon it so much more. Nothing has been stolen when I was the one alongside him that came up with the idea for Weaver and DarkSilk in terms of name, look, functionality and logos.

Right you built on it so much that polo kicked us out for low volume.   Lost 3/4 if not more of the Silkcoin community that backed you and are moving forward  without an ounce of recognition for the ones who got you here. 

Good luck with the Silk Network.  I 100% support those that want to swap their worthless coins for Silk and look forward to the Silkcoin supply decreasing before the relaunch. 

CTO - Silk Network

That's about it. 

That's about it. 

CTO - Silk Network

That's about it. 

That's about it. 

CTO - Silk Network

1.  You ran Silkcoin into the ground.   And are disposing of it after.  Nice work.  No need for a list.

1. Arteleis wanted the swap to a new coin. The old Silkcoin was destined for the ground once Silk launched.

Pages:
Jump to: