Pages:
Author

Topic: Omicron - Dividend-Issuing Currency - Sixth dividends issued: 437 sats/OMC - page 26. (Read 55337 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
What is next step sir? List this coin on exchanges, and complete the roapmap, is it correct?

Omicron was very recently listed on Yobit, although currently has next to no volume as IAO and swap distribution is halfway through.

https://yobit.net/en/trade/OMC/BTC

That is a good news but I will suggest the developers that they also add their coin to a number of other (bigger) exchanges also. So that the trade will take place on a big scale and with that none of the smaller team will be able to dump the coin. Plus you will get more traders and investors to your coins with more exchanges.
Activity: 672
What is next step sir? List this coin on exchanges, and complete the roapmap, is it correct?

Omicron was very recently listed on Yobit, although currently has next to no volume as IAO and swap distribution is halfway through.

Wow, this must be really an amazing news to have. Yobit is one of my more preferred exchange for trading altcoins, so it really good to have Omicron there. Hopefully we will get more such announcements for many other exchanges where Omicron will be listed.

Yobit is one of the most popular exchanger site, yobit have more than 300 coin on thier site it is a good start to markets the new coin. I think while Omicron have good in promoting and marketing, it fluctuations on yobit will very good.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
I very much appreciate your help, thank you!

Omicron will close now to finish the encryption process. Remember that encrypting your wallet cannot fully protect your coins from being stolen by malware infecting your computer.

IMPORTANT: Any previous backups you have made of your wallet file should be replaced with the newly generated, encrypted wallet file. For security reasons, previous backups of the unencrypted wallet file will become useless as soon as you start using the new, encrypted wallet.

The last sentence is troubling.

And now after each reboot and/or omicron-qt restart I have to re-enter the password even if I just want to continue staking?

For security reasons, previous backups of the unencrypted wallet file will become useless as soon as you start using the new, encrypted wallet.

Oh no, I am back to the dark ages of bitcoin-qt. And they still haven't implemented a deterministic wallet where you can just memorize 12 words or so. And there still is no way to disable this stupid change address? I hate the change address. It does not enhance privacy but increases chances to have no proper backup. And this change address cannot be disabled. Right?

omicron-qt somehow comes with just one OMC address by default. While I remember bitcoin-qt to come with several BTC addresses.

No new (change) addresses are automatically created, right? So my previous backups should suffice?
Activity: 574
- Lock wallet.
- Unlock wallet.
- Unlock wallet for staking only.

It is all related to the encrypt wallet function?

1- open the wallet
2- wait till the "out of sync" message in the top dissapear
3- Go to "settings" and click on "Encrypt wallet" then set a password
4- Now go to "settings" and click on "unlock wallet" and use ur password (keep the "for staking only" thing on)
5- Wait more than 3 hours till u stake some coins

It's a good idea to go to "settings" / "options" / "windows" and click on "minimize on close" (otherwise ur wallet will close everytime u click the x button)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
I want to prevent anyone getting access for a minute to my notebook to transfer my OMC elsewhere. Or me doing it by mistake. So I would like to enter my password before sending a transaction. At the same time I would like to stake for the years to come. So can I encrypt the wallet?

Is it okay to use the encrypt wallet function?

It is perfectly okey. Just keep in mind the fact that you wont be able to stake your coins unless you unlock your wallet for staking atleast or completely unlock it. Other than that, it is always safer to lock your wallet and just unlock with unlock for staking only option.
I am sorry for my newbie question, but it looks like there are like three functions I haven't seen yet. You call these concepts:

- Lock wallet.
- Unlock wallet.

Yes it is.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

Thanks for adding your coin to yobit. It is good news for me I do spend most time on Yobit and because of that for me trading on Yobit is convenient Now I will try to Buy your coins at there and hope it will increase to give me a huge benefit.
I want to prevent anyone getting access for a minute to my notebook to transfer my OMC elsewhere. Or me doing it by mistake. So I would like to enter my password before sending a transaction. At the same time I would like to stake for the years to come. So can I encrypt the wallet?

It is perfectly okey. Just keep in mind the fact that you wont be able to stake your coins unless you unlock your wallet for staking atleast or completely unlock it. Other than that, it is always safer to lock your wallet and just unlock with unlock for staking only option.
I am sorry for my newbie question, but it looks like there are like three functions I haven't seen yet. You call these concepts:

- Lock wallet.
- Unlock wallet.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

Exactly, for a long term omicron holders who prefers staking for years it must be a good option to have wallet encrypted as using wallet for daily needs will not occur. Like many people in beginning days emphasized, safely protect your encryption password, in long term you may forget even if you believe you are good in long term memory.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
Am I the only one who needs a mac wallet? I don't want to delay your distribution process Gladimor.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
I am sure all the default functions are usually inherited to any altcoin wallet regardless of what new features/concepts they are having. Encrypt wallet function must be security related, so removing them has very little chances, still I love to have confirmations from dev.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

Wow, this must be really an amazing news to have. Yobit is one of my more preferred exchange for trading altcoins, so it really good to have Omicron there. Hopefully we will get more such announcements for many other exchanges where Omicron will be listed.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
is it safe to stake?
legendary

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
legendary
What must I do to start staking? I got my OMC today. And left my wallet idle all the time. But do I have to change some setting to move from spendable to stake?

Leave your wallet unlocked, and you should be receiving stakes every 3 hours on average.
What must I do to start staking? I got my OMC today. And left my wallet idle all the time. But do I have to change some setting to move from spendable to stake?
legendary
Block explorer is now up, hosted by Chainz Cryptoid.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/omc/

Im guessing the 6m wallet is part of the unsold stakes, am I right? In that case the rest of the richlist looks ok, good distrubition for a ico at the beginning. Wink

If my calculations are correct there are around 1m coins sold in the ico and 700,000 swapped. So there should be 1,700,000 OMC in circulation. Please confirm Gladimor.

I'll have final numbers when the distribution is over.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
Block explorer is now up, hosted by Chainz Cryptoid.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/omc/

Im guessing the 6m wallet is part of the unsold stakes, am I right? In that case the rest of the richlist looks ok, good distrubition for a ico at the beginning. Wink

If my calculations are correct there are around 1m coins sold in the ico and 700,000 swapped. So there should be 1,700,000 OMC in circulation. Please confirm Gladimor.
Pages:
Jump to: