Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Source ZEC (ZCash) GPU Miner AMD & NVidia (up to 45 sol/s on RX480) - page 11. (Read 320654 times)

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Looks like mining at a pool is paying 30% more then nicehash.  whattomine.com

Thanks for sharing the link whattomine.com
Your welcome Wink  It works pretty good.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
linux pro ,please help how to auto star silenarmyminer by login  on ubuntu 16.04 ,i use teamview to control and i want auto star by system login when restar 

edit your rc.local file and add the following command
Code:
tmux new-session -d -s miner 'cd ; ./zcashgpuclient_silentarmy'

(use "sudo nano /etc/rc.local" to edit your file if you didnt know)

and to connect to that tmux windows use
Code:
sudo tmux a

This dude poses a great question.  I know windows inside & out & sideways but not ubuntu much at all.  So lets say the folder is in my home area is this syntax correct?  Also will this auto launch on boot and leave terminal window up?

tmux new-session -d -s miner cd /home/miner01/zcashclient-0.2.4/./zcashgpuclient_silentarmy

you're missing the semicolon, this would be the command you'd put

Code:
tmux new-session -d -s miner cd /home/miner01/zcashclient-0.2.4/;./zcashgpuclient_silentarmy

and tmux is just like screen (its a terminal inside a terminal). So you can connect to that tmux terminal over ssh or directly from the terminal on the machine itself
Activity: 980
Merit: 502

Thanks for sharing the link whattomine.com
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
linux pro ,please help how to auto star silenarmyminer by login  on ubuntu 16.04 ,i use teamview to control and i want auto star by system login when restar 

Code:

Code:
sudo tmux a

This dude poses a great question.  I know windows inside & out & sideways but not ubuntu much at all.  So lets say the folder is in my home area is this syntax correct?  Also will this auto launch on boot and leave terminal window up?

tmux new-session -d -s miner cd /home/miner01/zcashclient-0.2.4/./zcashgpuclient_silentarmy
Activity: 196

Code:

Code:
sudo tmux a
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

dlx
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

I don't know the zcash protocol very well, i'm more used to mining ether coins, but, is anyone else finding it a bit odd that coinsforall.io pool has not found a block in the last 4+ hours? We were averaging a bit more than 1 block per hour before.

I realize that finding blocks is also a matter of luck etc etc. But with our hashing power IMO it should normalize block discovery time a bit.

Did any major new pool enter the scene? To the more experienced miners, what is your opinion?

Probably, network rate is increasing, difficulty too.  Our [218941.589 sols/s] is too low for constant rates...  We will see suck "hickups" often.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Looks like mining at a pool is paying 30% more then nicehash.  whattomine.com
Oh ya this pool much better than Nicehash's sorry excuse for a pool  Grin

I would have expected a lot more from them than what they had to offer.... they still run a good rental business though lol
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
FYI:

I fired W10 with dual 7970's and yep it closes out as soon as it connects to the pool. (2.3)

Its probably looking for some different library or dll that is not found in W10.

I tried all the most probable fixes and still no luck. It just wont run on 10 as it stands.

As most know, non-silent app does run fine, and ya instead of 44 hashes for both cards I get 26. sols, not the end of the world...  Wink

I say live with until a fix is issued OR go find a cheap hard drive and borrow a friends W7 disk and get it going that way   Smiley

Activity: 263
Merit: 250
semux
i found this Simple script to restart your miner in some place - other forum - it may help windows users

Code:
@echo off
echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo Simple script to restart your miner software after a period of time
echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo:
set executable=zcashgpuclient_silentarmy.exe
set commandline=zcashgpuclient_silentarmy.exe
set runforseconds=1800
set restartinseconds=10
set /a counter=0
:start
start "Miner Window" %executable% %commandline%
echo:
echo The software will run for %runforseconds% seconds
timeout %runforseconds%
taskkill /f /im %executable%
echo:
echo Restarting the software in %restartinseconds% seconds (%counter%)
timeout %restartinseconds%
set /a counter+=1
echo:
echo:
goto start
Activity: 15
any block found in the last 4 hours ...heck that all is well in the pool.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Activity: 18
Im having issues running the software! Im on my laptop (Alienware MX11 R2) and it has two GPU's, an Intel one and Nvidia GeForce GT 335M. When I click to run the software it opens the command line and it closes quickly. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks
Activity: 3
This is my first post.

First of all, big thanks to eXTremal.

I don't know the zcash protocol very well, i'm more used to mining ether coins, but, is anyone else finding it a bit odd that coinsforall.io pool has not found a block in the last 4+ hours? We were averaging a bit more than 1 block per hour before.

I realize that finding blocks is also a matter of luck etc etc. But with our hashing power IMO it should normalize block discovery time a bit.

Did any major new pool enter the scene? To the more experienced miners, what is your opinion?
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
You can try http://coinsforall.io/distr/zcashclient-0.2.4.zip - connection lost handling rewrited in this version.

Thanks eXtremal, seems to be working just fine on my Win7 box. Appreciate your efforts!
Activity: 651
Merit: 500
I found the solution , just remove put instancese for silent army from 2 to 1 and it starts working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unbelivable! Thank you! that helped! Got 0.2.3 working now Smiley
#
Which error you got before? The can't connect?

yes, can't connect error.. but now feels like 0.2.0 is faster on 380 cards
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'm failing super hard here. Can anyone please provide me with the directory to my Z Address wallet.dat file in Linux? Much thanks!
Also remember when in your home file folder, to hit ( CTL + H ) to see the .zcash folder as it is hidden. I'm not in my Ubuntu right now, so not sure where its hiding....  Wink your wallet.dat

Aha! The Crtl + H helped me find a wallet.dat in Home/.zcash/testnet3. Thank you! Not sure tho - is this the testnet wallet or my main net Z + T wallet? There's only one wallet.dat file, but I have 1 Z addy and 1 T addy. I feel like there'd normally be 2 wallet.dats, no? Huh
Activity: 322
how to run zcashgpuclient with log output?
i try run 
nohup ./zcashgpuclient &
but nohup.out was empty ((

I am using screen on ubuntu. Screen is easier to manage for me.

do you have log file in this case when use screen?
i need log file to monitoring and restarting if crashing

I open a new screen with name miner with this command:

screen -S miner

Start the miner and detach the screen leaving it running in the background by pressing ctrl a and d.

When i want to see the miner i reattach the screen with this command:

screen -r miner

And see the lates output. I did not needed to see a log because all the errors are in the last lines of output.

Activity: 1
Please fix error for "zcashgpuclient_silentarmy.exe" when run it on window 10 64bit.
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
semux
i'm not see any scam yet, all hash seem normal - for me!
Pages:
Jump to: