Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Source ZEC (ZCash) GPU Miner AMD & NVidia (up to 45 sol/s on RX480) - page 15. (Read 320654 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Can you please fix the zcashgpuclient_silentarmy.exe bug?
It keeps crashing on WIN 10 (64bit) RX470/480.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Hey that's great. As far as I know you can use any T address so long as they were created in your wallet you want to use to receive payment. You know you could always use an exchange wallet address for mining payouts. Thats what I did ultimately  Wink Just easier at this stage in the game
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
... sorry I forgot to add my system info:

S.O.: Ubuntu 16.04 Headless
Driver: Amd Pro Drivers 16.40
GPU: Rx480

With 0.2.2 I don have any problem, but with 0.2.3 I can't start the miner, the message is
Code:
"This address is not valid ZCash T-address: ..."

I tried both options, the binaries provided and also I compiled the sources from github, but I get the same error...

Any ideas? Huh Sad
Have to ask, you are using a "t" address correct? not "Z" ?

So sorry!!!!! ... I'm stupid!!!.... I'm using a Z address instead a T address... but I used a Z address in previous miner... uhmmm some questions...

1.- Why now I need to use a T address?... like a I said I used a Z address in previous version.
2.- How I can see my T address with zcash-cli?
3.- Then I suppouse I need to send my wallet.dat and Z-address to extremal for transfer all my zcash to my T address... correct?

Thank you very very much, and sorry to all for these noobie questions Wink
There was issues with the wallet itself when using Z address for mining/payouts. That's all I know. As far as a T address There is a command to create one, if you have not already from within the wallet on Ubuntu. If you have created a T address then use that command to see it.. Ill have to look for it myself because I jumped off Ubuntu for Windows mining  Grin

Something like this to create lol

$ ./src/zcash-cli getnewaddress

Also, mull around in here: https://github.com/zcash/zcash/wiki/Beta-Guide

Thank you @MinermanNC!!!!

I discovered a way to see the T address if you don't have zcash like me!:

Code:
zcash-cli listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

lol....at the end I didn't realize about my T address and following the basic instructions I created a new T address....

In summary, now I have 2 T addresses and 3 Z addresses...

I suppouse all my addresses are related to my wallet.dat.... Do you know if I can use any of my T addresses?

Thanks again!
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hey,

I am also getting a crash when i try to run in windows 10. I have tried all the compatibility modes, tried changing instance number, running a single card, changing threads and work count etc. still crashing just as it attempts to connect to the pool when using silent exe.

I can run the none silent version fine and get about 18 sol on my rx 480 8gb. I have 30 cards running and would really like the performance boost!
legendary

With 0.2.2 I don have any problem, but with 0.2.3 I can't start the miner, the message is
Code:

I tried both options, the binaries provided and also I compiled the sources from github, but I get the same error...

Any ideas? Huh Sad

So sorry!!!!! ... I'm stupid!!!.... I'm using a Z address instead a T address... but I used a Z address in previous miner... uhmmm some questions...

1.- Why now I need to use a T address?... like a I said I used a Z address in previous version.
3.- Then I suppouse I need to send my wallet.dat and Z-address to extremal for transfer all my zcash to my T address... correct?

There was issues with the wallet itself when using Z address for mining/payouts. That's all I know. As far as a T address There is a command to create one, if you have not already from within the wallet on Ubuntu. If you have created a T address then use that command to see it.. Ill have to look for it myself because I jumped off Ubuntu for Windows mining  Grin

Something like this to create lol

$ ./src/zcash-cli getnewaddress

Also, mull around in here: https://github.com/zcash/zcash/wiki/Beta-Guide
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
it's work with nicehash?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
New miner version 0.2.3 with new silentarmy kernel is out! Check please.
http://coinsforall.io/distr/zcashclient-0.2.3.zip

Still crashes on windows 10....

what if it's not gpu-related, did you try to run the miner in win7 compatibility mode ?

Yes, it didn't help.  Does anyone have it working on Windows10?

Code:

Any ideas? Huh Sad

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Use the gpu map feature to reliably map OpenCL to ADL

what does it mean? win7 16.10.3
legendary

Code:

Any ideas? Huh Sad
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Just put a "t" adress not a "z" one!
legendary
I have started two instances for now no major improvement , gtx 1070  Try it on amd!
Well the new silent in 2.3 really wont give you much of a bump over the old one. But what it does do besides being more stable, it allows for older 280x, 7970, 7950's and so on to run now with the dual hash found in silent. so.....

But there is a slight increase in hash with 2.3 for sure and so far no crashing or stall outs all day for me, Finally  Smiley

Code:

Any ideas? Huh Sad
I have started two instances for now no major improvement , gtx 1070 ! Try it on amd!
I can  say from 25 on the ordinary kernel , here i get 29.xx with two instances!
legendary
I found the solution , just remove put instancese for silent army from 2 to 1 and it starts working!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good but are you getting the dual hashing, the bump in performance over the non-silent app?
legendary
Question - in the beginning I was getting stable 18 Sol/s with rx 480

Does it increase to advertized 45?

No lol, at least not for me. With new 2.3 silent I am getting 26 per card.... but a lot better than 18 was  Smiley 480 8gb

Some may say 45 but? maybe with excessive OC'ing or bios flashing or something lol, but that's stock for me. Im not into burning up my cards  Grin
I found the solution , just remove put instancese for silent army from 2 to 1 and it starts working!!!!!!!!!!!!!
legendary
It is the same config file do you understand! It works with first  nonsilentary exe and it is not working with silentarmy exe!

In the new miner 2.3 assuming conf is exactly the same, try deleting the bin files it created in the miner folder. Close folder reboot the PC and try to launch again.
Activity: 742
Question - in the beginning I was getting stable 18 Sol/s with rx 480

Does it increase to advertized 45?

legendary
You guys need to post your conf files and let an extra set of eyes look.  Wink

as suggested by ioglnx
Pages:
Jump to: