Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay - page 2. (Read 41577 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
October 23, 2015, 10:20:54 AM
Really hope it launches, and it goes on well and used.

There aren't a lot of people using Bitcoin, and a high percentage of those people are using it just to store/invest, not buying. So I am not too optimistic.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 23, 2015, 09:39:35 AM
Can't wait for it to be released. It is a pretty good concept considering that there are no fees and restrictions at all (compared to ebay with Paypal). This would make a serious competion for ebay and Paypal, and probably Amazon as well.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
October 16, 2015, 07:28:56 PM
Activity: 560
October 13, 2015, 05:55:52 PM
Well one thing we will know as soon as they launch the project that has a huge potencial but reputation system will be interesting thing to watch closer.
Activity: 506
October 13, 2015, 01:59:28 PM
Making Market place (like OpenBazaar) supporting Bitcoin is really helpful and great idea.
I think ebay, amazon and the others will be enforced in the near future to accept Bitcoin as payment processor , because it's growing up daily

Decentralized doesn't truly mean free from regulation. We live in a world where being anonymous and under the radar is literally nearly impossible.

Along with a decentralized market, we need decentralized infrastructure established to help facilitate the continuity of decentralization from the top down.
Activity: 742
October 13, 2015, 01:28:44 PM
Making Market place (like OpenBazaar) supporting Bitcoin is really helpful and great idea.
I think ebay, amazon and the others will be enforced in the near future to accept Bitcoin as payment processor , because it's growing up daily
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
October 13, 2015, 11:00:23 AM

I was most interested in their solution for this. I like that you can give specific ratings and leave a comment like on many e-commerce sites. They might want to throw in a "reply" type of thing if someone leaves a reputation comment that is untrue so the merchant can give his side. The detailed moderator rating is good too, it's good that it separates between winners and losers.

Yes, a follow up comment is always helpful. Many negatives can be false or untrue or based on minor disagreements that the buyer left in frustration. I think the feedback system here should have a similar option so others can voice their side of the situation.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384
Viva Ut Vivas
October 13, 2015, 10:56:33 AM

I was most interested in their solution for this. I like that you can give specific ratings and leave a comment like on many e-commerce sites. They might want to throw in a "reply" type of thing if someone leaves a reputation comment that is untrue so the merchant can give his side. The detailed moderator rating is good too, it's good that it separates between winners and losers.

They appear to be relying heavily upon 3rd party for detecting people creating a lot of accounts to build their own reputation but this was one of the most difficult aspects of it and bogging down the app with solutions is probably best for now. I liked the idea of burning some bitcoins or sending to the developers for each new account but that may have discouraged people from creating one. At least they have a solution to prevent people from spam account creation.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
October 12, 2015, 10:02:39 AM
OpenBazar is a real example of why decentralised applications matter. Its the best alternative to the centralized Ebay type of online market.
Activity: 560
October 12, 2015, 09:08:11 AM
Well this project can affect the bitcoin value and will ,it will start slow and will get more and more power ,with a market like this one im pretty sure we can final achieve the 500 dollars back in the short time of the launch.Im curious what i will be able to buy with it and the prices ,that should be better then any other place its just amazing looks a shop for womans use and abuse ,a good way to bring womans into bitcoin.
legendary
--------------->¿?
October 08, 2015, 04:11:59 PM
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 08, 2015, 03:17:07 PM
I hope there will be a lot of buyers on release. I have some stuff I have been sitting on to sell.

it should not be so different than selling on the market section, if you were not able to sell there, there are high chances that there will be not so easy to find someone on openbazar

i doubt everyone who know about openbazar don't know about bitcointalk, at best it's the opposite

Yes but I have been too apathetic to make a bunch of trade threads here. I just want try something new. I could just as easily put my stuff up on ebay as well.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
October 08, 2015, 03:11:03 PM
when we will have the upcoming release?

Somewhere next month.

I hope so. https://twitter.com/openbazaar/status/650879207992594432 this month is finished and next month is release time Cheesy

Found cool diagram:

Wait a minute, so next month is a release? Or have I missed something? I am waiting Openbazaar to launch as well. I think this will add a lot of value to the whole Bitcoin ecosystem.

Also this is a very cool diagram. I will be sharing it!
Activity: 554
Merit: 11
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
October 08, 2015, 07:03:18 AM
Building a decentralized reputation system is very tricky.

How are they going to do that ?

Any links about it ?

I read somewhere they were planning to use a proof-of-burn scheme, but it seems to me it's completely broken and insecure.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 08, 2015, 06:52:29 AM
I hope there will be a lot of buyers on release. I have some stuff I have been sitting on to sell.

it should not be so different than selling on the market section, if you were not able to sell there, there are high chances that there will be not so easy to find someone on openbazar

i doubt everyone who know about openbazar don't know about bitcointalk, at best it's the opposite
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 07, 2015, 05:24:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1106
October 07, 2015, 02:25:53 PM

Somewhere next month.

I hope so. https://twitter.com/openbazaar/status/650879207992594432 this month is finished and next month is release time Cheesy

Found cool diagram:
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
October 07, 2015, 12:51:26 PM
Openbazaar seems very good for me but when i read the blog post, youtube have already removed openbazaar video which is quite unfair from youtube/google. They seems to fear about their ebay competitor.

I find that very hard to believe. They're not in competition in the first place and there's billions of hours of worthless filth that stays up there just fine.
legendary
Activity: 994
October 07, 2015, 06:15:28 AM
Its nice to see decentralized selling and buying platform as ebay doesn't accept sellers from several countries like mine Nepal. As paypal also doesn't support my country i am unable to buy anything on ebay. Openbazaar seems very good for me but when i read the blog post, youtube have already removed openbazaar video which is quite unfair from youtube/google. They seems to fear about their ebay competitor.
legendary
--------------->¿?
October 06, 2015, 08:04:40 PM

Somewhere next month.
Pages:
Jump to: