Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay - page 5. (Read 41580 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
September 14, 2015, 01:40:05 PM
It will also be much, much cheaper to use than eBay. I can't wait that they finish it though.

It might be cheaper and even better, but without the numbers or userbase it wont be much good. It's how I look at bitcoin. Obviously its better than fiat but it just doesn't have the userbase or merchant adoption yet.

Without some huge media campaign I think it will take a while to build up a sizeable OB userbase (especially to people outside the btc community), it took Ebay years to get established so I expect OpenBazaar will also face the same challenge.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 14, 2015, 01:06:59 PM
I really like the idea of OpenBazaar. Just waiting for official launch
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
September 14, 2015, 01:05:51 PM
It will also be much, much cheaper to use than eBay. I can't wait that they finish it though.

It might be cheaper and even better, but without the numbers or userbase it wont be much good. It's how I look at bitcoin. Obviously its better than fiat but it just doesn't have the userbase or merchant adoption yet.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
September 07, 2015, 04:31:18 PM
Ebay is worldwide but openbazaar? Does it work in Europe?

Ebay isn't open to anyone to sell from anywhere in the world, pretty sure of that.  Most people use paypal, you need bank account for paypal.

Exactly this, openbazaar will actually be open to the more people than sh*ty eBay since you won't be limited with PayPal, bank accounts and eBay politics on where they will and where they will not be doing business.

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Bsupra C. Member
September 07, 2015, 03:04:12 PM
They still working on it, hope finish soon..
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
September 07, 2015, 02:41:23 PM

openbazar is decentalized, unless you have no internet anyone can have it, you need only to install a client, the same as you run bitcoin core
legendary
Activity: 812
September 07, 2015, 12:40:20 PM

Ebay isn't open to anyone to sell from anywhere in the world, pretty sure of that.  Most people use paypal, you need bank account for paypal.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
September 07, 2015, 12:10:33 PM

It's instantly worldwide. That's the whole point. The only limit would be postage.
~~
Activity: 3
September 07, 2015, 12:07:32 PM
legendary
September 07, 2015, 11:33:12 AM
Finally a alternative to shitty ebay. I hope theres no fees for listing on this and theres no monthly charge for selling. I cant believe I had to pay $70 in fees last month for selling an item which I could of just traded it into amazon for the same amount without fees

Last month i paid ebay about $500, made a nice profit also but still thats a ton of fees considering i did almost all the work and took all the risk on stock.  You'd think they could offer better selling protection for those fees but nope they cant.

My recent managed return got closed finally after 4 phone calls to ebay CS, even though i showed proof the buyer had received a replacement item with a signature and tracked parcel ebay still werent happy until they had confirmation from the buyer depsite the buyer not making any complaints days after signing for the item.  Buyers dont need to be babied this much.
Activity: 1
September 07, 2015, 10:03:39 AM
Finally a alternative to shitty ebay. I hope theres no fees for listing on this and theres no monthly charge for selling. I cant believe I had to pay $70 in fees last month for selling an item which I could of just traded it into amazon for the same amount without fees
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
September 07, 2015, 09:58:49 AM
Perhaps when consumers see the advantages that OpenBazaar offers, they may decide to look into it and help build the community surrounding it.
legendary
September 07, 2015, 09:57:33 AM
OpenBazaar Can't competitor to eBay in anyway.  But OpenBazaar is good platform for Bitcoin users to shopping.

OB will make a difference but how soon is hard to predict.  Having no fees and decent 3rd party disputes will be a big draw to a ton of sellers and will make for a large market place of goods.... that will attract buyers.  Also prices could end up cheaper.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
September 07, 2015, 09:14:38 AM

I can't see it. Some companies just get too big that they seemingly become invincible.

Kodak, Polaroid, Blackberry. All seemed invincible once upon a time and then the future overtook them.

I agree that Ebay is going to be a monster to usurp, far more than those examples which just stopped offering desirable products, but sellers have an enormous incentive to move elsewhere. Whether buyers follow them is another matter. It'll take a long time whatever happens.
Activity: 138
September 07, 2015, 09:00:19 AM
Not any time soon for sure but if both proved to be a better proposition in the long run I don't see why it couldn't change.

I can't see it. Some companies just get too big that they seemingly become invincible. I'm sure there's many rival auction sites that have tried to trump ebay and failed. I would love to see this suceed over ebay but cant see it myself.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
September 07, 2015, 08:52:57 AM
OpenBazaar Can't competitor to eBay in anyway.  But OpenBazaar is good platform for Bitcoin users to shopping.

You're right.
eBay doesn't stand a chance.
Activity: 210
BTC > etc
September 07, 2015, 08:51:21 AM
This project has come so far, it's quite impressive, imho.  I'm really looking forward to watching it grow in the future.

Cool

The fact that they have been posting weekly updates showing all the advances is very encouraging and shows seriousness in the project
I'm also looking forward for the release!!
Activity: 223
Merit: 130
September 07, 2015, 04:44:25 AM
Has anybody got any idea at all when OpenBazaar will open its doors to the public Smiley

This project has come so far, it's quite impressive, imho.  I'm really looking forward to watching it grow in the future.

Cool
legendary
Welt Am Draht
September 06, 2015, 10:44:06 PM

Let's be honest, it's not really going to do any damage to ebay. Ebay is too big. It's like comparing fiat to bitcoin. Sure they are different brands of the same thing but it's unlikely bitcoin is ever going to over take over or get close to fiat much like OB is to ebay.

It'll open up new avenues but its fate is very closely entwined with BTC itself. It'll occupy a healthy niche and unlike fiat there's a very powerful incentive to abandon Ebay.

All of Ebay's competitors have been weak imitations. This is fundamentally different in so many ways but when it comes to retail people are even more dumb and mindless than in other areas of their life.
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
September 05, 2015, 01:08:06 PM
Not any time soon for sure but if both proved to be a better proposition in the long run I don't see why it couldn't change.
Pages:
Jump to: