Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 54. (Read 176798 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
This thread hasnt stopped a shitcoin yet

I have tried my best to stop HongKongCoin, which is a coingen coin created by a group of scammers, which are Bittrex and Poloniex Imposters in this forum.

This HKC seems dying. Now its network hash rate (SHA256) has dropped to <3 TH/sec, and its exchange rate is only 3 satoshi.
This fake Bittrex is created by MajorMiners (owners of some pools), who is one of the key team members of the HongKongCoin (HKC).

HongKongCoin key members (Scammers):
1. HongKongCoin
2. majorminers

Very likely HongKongCoin key members (Possible Scammers):
1. zsnorbi
2. whatthefugg
3. poornamelessme
4. provenceday

Here are his posts of this fake "Bittrex team dated on 22 March 2014.

Thanks for giving us the oppurtinity to be a part of HongKong Coin.
We are looking forward for the volumes!

Bittrex Team

All of us at Team HongKongCoin thank you for your excellent efforts! You're doing a great job expanding the market for HKC.

I fixed a bug while depositing HongKong Coin to the exchange, it should work now.

Bittrex Team
quoting for posterity

What are you starting in on me for again?

4 Launches today, I wasn't involved in them.

I didn't create an account called 'Bittrex' to respond twice in one thread to myself. There's no advantage in it.

Why could Majorminer say "there's no advantage" for him to pretend Bittrex?   Huh Huh Huh

He did admit that the HKC dev paid him a handsome bounty. Has he forgotten?

The following is the what Majorminers said in the HKC ANN thread:

......... This dev - our Dear Leader as I call him - paid me a handsome bounty (as did another guy who interested in the project) to setup the pool. Since then, the Dear Leader has proven his honesty and integrity on several occasions.

Activity: 280
This thread hasnt stopped a shitcoin yet
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Funny how you never showed any reason to create a new coin that had any credibility

I read this twice and still not sure what you're trying to say.

instead you attacked me personally.

How exactly did I "attack you personally"? If you often see people attacking you, all I can suggest is to seek professional help.

Great strategy that I find many mindless sheep here take.

Are you attacking me? Does that make you a mindless sheep?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
One odd thing about this thread is it may in fact achieve its goal, inadvertently (perceived goal, I should say ... the other goal may be extortion and financial gain). If I was a new investor to cryptos, saw this site... then this thread, I'd see hacking, extortion, racketeering threats, as well as people talking about destroying coins.

I understand your sentiment, and I think we're potentially headed for some turbulent times.

But without condoning the actions of the crypto-jihadists in any way, I believe this is just a natural phase we're going through, growing pains you might say..

There are so many coins that are produced without their dev(s) understanding the interaction of parameters or having awareness of the security risks.
This is even more unfortunate when the dev team has basically good intentions, but they inadvertently produce a high-risk coin, that can be taken down by some kid with graphics cards.

I am of the opinion that a cryptocoin need not embody a technical innovation to justify its existence (although that of course is a plus). They can be also be used to build communities, and Dogecoin was the first to demonstrate that. In future cryptocoins can also be used to strenghten existing communities by being used for purchasing services and products in a specific niche.

But for this to happen, these next gen altcoins need to become more conscious of the vulnerabilities. And this current brouhaha could be the key stepping stone towards that goal.  So brand new devs need to delve somewhat deeper into code, educate themselves on checkpoints, diff adjustment and other security-related topics, than they have done so far. A coin that can demonstrate its strength against attacks will have a serious selling point that attract investors.

I agree with your points but I think coin devs should focus on usage.

If nobody uses a coin, what's the point? That means coins should try and fulfill a function and be targeted to a specific audience.
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
if he had it, he would not use the phrase "pull your head out of your ass".

That is 100% true. Cheesy

Ok well I should probably say 99.999% true, as there is always a remote possibility you could run into someone who actually literally has his head inside his own ass.
Funny how you never showed any reason to create a new coin that had any credibility, instead you attacked me personally. Great strategy that I find many mindless sheep here take.
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013
One odd thing about this thread is it may in fact achieve its goal, inadvertently (perceived goal, I should say ... the other goal may be extortion and financial gain). If I was a new investor to cryptos, saw this site... then this thread, I'd see hacking, extortion, racketeering threats, as well as people talking about destroying coins.

I understand your sentiment, and I think we're potentially headed for some turbulent times.

But without condoning the actions of the crypto-jihadists in any way, I believe this is just a natural phase we're going through, growing pains you might say..

There are so many coins that are produced without their dev(s) understanding the interaction of parameters or having awareness of the security risks.
This is even more unfortunate when the dev team has basically good intentions, but they inadvertently produce a high-risk coin, that can be taken down by some kid with graphics cards.

I am of the opinion that a cryptocoin need not embody a technical innovation to justify its existence (although that of course is a plus). They can be also be used to build communities, and Dogecoin was the first to demonstrate that. In future cryptocoins can also be used to strenghten existing communities by being used for purchasing services and products in a specific niche.

But for this to happen, these next gen altcoins need to become more conscious of the vulnerabilities. And this current brouhaha could be the key stepping stone towards that goal.  So brand new devs need to delve somewhat deeper into code, educate themselves on checkpoints, diff adjustment and other security-related topics, than they have done so far. A coin that can demonstrate its strength against attacks will have a serious selling point that attract investors.

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Why not just share information in a mature way with the public about what a scam coin is? I have talked to investors and they had no idea that some coins are pure POS without anything related to Bitcoin in the code, they just assumed it was a "more advanced" BTC.

Unless the OP works for the central banks, this idea is just bad on every single level. Inspire attacks and more wars in Cryptos? Give the real bad guys more bad ideas? Why not explain rationally the problems with the market cap positions (glitches/bugs/exploits) - and serious problems/dangers with 50% premine coins. IPOs also *may* be scams, but that can also be a way for startup companies to change the world without needing central authority. Think long term about this stuff.

More transparency is needed, less anonymous people asking to trust us with our Bitcoin, and people need to feel it is safe to invest - and be warned what not to invest in. Overall, we need less conflict, as conflict only creates more distrust and bad press for Cryptos and Bitcoin. I do however agree that the real scams should be explained clearly so people are aware of them. Not what coin you don't like, or the coin you are not invested in, or the coin you and your buddies didn't code, or a well made coin some company is trying to make a fair profit with, the real bad ones that are screwing up the market and taking people's money. Those should be exposed publicly. That would help the good coins and good devs, and the people that believe in them.

You cannot talk about trust in a dev (or any person on the net) as long as his identity is hidden under a nickname (or several).
If the paid moderators at BitCoinTalk and the forum administration don't care about this issue, why should we?

Miners are GETTING BURNED every day now, over and over. With pain comes learning.

Today all the launches are heading for flames. Before long people will point their hash at established coins with communities.

Concentrate on making your own favorite altcoins better instead of expecting miracles.

Improve your services and push crypto-currency forward. That's the way to do it.

Why Majorminers suddenly becoming a "Saint" here?

He is the guy pretending to be the "Bittrex team" in Bitcointalk forum. He is a great supporter of shitcoin, i.e., HKC, which is a coingen coin.

He has admitted that he is a wolf. See his post as following:

Actually I'm a wolf in wolf's clothing - that's why I recognize other wolves immediately. You're a 'Lone Wolf' Lil Buddy. Everybody has heard your side of the story.

But the reality shows that the HKC market on Bittrex is firming up VERY nicely for a new altcoin. The market gets to decide - and the market has decide you're full of crap and that Team HongKongCoin is beating the hell out of Team AntiHongKongCoin.

Now I hear you're even censoring comments in your threads! You've outdone yourself  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

I think what really upsets some of the "old guard" but that they won't admit to, is they are upset that many noobies are not wanting to pay the $500-$1000 "tax" to buy a bitcoin and join their elite club and instead are gambling on these penny stock coins hoping to get rich. Well guess what fellas, you created this madness when you yourselves speculated Bitcoin from dollars and cents to $1000 a coin almost overnight (Litecoins rise was even more meteoric and questionably boosted in only days) What did you think would happen but attract a new breed of investors looking to get rich quick like you did?

I think most the old guard want cryptos to succeed in what ever form evolves (obvious theres also many btc fanbois who'd never set foot in this section), but simply don't want to see alts turn into a scam feast.

Similarly when btc hit $5 this forum suddenly became full of scams and scamers its nothing new and many of us learnt our lessons back then.

Pretty simple alt currencies YES scams NO.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™

Well its not people "investing" that crypto currency (especially bitcoin) needs, success of a crypto shouldn't ever be about its price vs USD or how much ROI people can make, it should be about how useful they are as a currency.

Let's just say mass adoption of bitcoin (or any crypto), probably wouldn't be helped much by reports of hackers forking coins, ddossing pools, or trying to extort devs for money.

pyramid schemes ripping people off is just as bad don't *try down playing it to defend draining noobs and idiots dry for all their money.
playing dumb and playing little games.. as usual. stop making excuses for bad behavior.

the ddos crap is maybe one comment i still have not even seen and yet you guys trying to defend scam coins keep harping on it.. same with extortion.
in case you haven't noticed i have been here non stop reading all the replies and i never seen any ddos or extortion threats.
so cooking that crap up and pushing it along is your best excuse for bad behavior you can think of ?
listen up..
two wrongs don't make a right.. so even if someone did say shit like that so fucking what.. we are ALL not condoning that. (like you are implying endlessly)
if anything a few of us have simply stated forking some of these coins would be helpful to deter them from mass spamming them hourly.. every fucking day !
for the love of fucking god scumbags quit defending this stupid crap and squirming to make stupid excuses.. your all full of shit period .
and yeah we see through your dumb crap too.. it's not working, your not convincing anyone,
so your wasting your time and digging your self a grave.. making yourselves look bad.

hey corrupt scammers.. guess what ? people are free to come here and say anything they want.. try this on for size.
I declare here and now i want to put coin spammers to death and make a skin suit out of them so i can wear it and feel pretty Smiley
i guess that means we're all a bunch of skin suit wearers now eh ? what are you going to do about it scammers ?
eat a fucking dick you pathetic douche bags lol

bottom line, cry and whine but watch your back. Your coin may be forked etc.. ya never know lol
and if that happens maybe people will reconsider mining a scammy coin or investing in them etc.
if your not invested in scam coins then mind your own business.. us taking them down should make no difference to you at all Wink
Sound familiar ? get it ?
Tired of homeless bums living on my lawn lowering my property values and neighbors telling me to ignore them they are doing no harm.. digging around in the garbage etc.

Time for Operation Shit Coin clean up !
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

I don't know if you have any friends outside of this world.. but just talk to them about it.. and ask them how they feel about bitcoins.  Most of them wouldn't touch the stuff.  

This is what I find hilarious about this whole drama. All the naive Aspies who spew venom at Altcoins are in the same exact boat, a shadowy mysterious developer who won't reveal himself, distrust by the general public that what they are running is a pyramid scheme, attacking alts for "having no infrastructure" or "wide merchant acceptance" when neither does Bitcoin really (sorry but a shitty little wordpress storefront selling giftcards and GPUs doesn't count as "wide" merchant acceptance in my book), and a majority of the coin wealth owned by an elite few (the top 1% of bitcoin holders hold 80% of them, and here we think a 1% premine for a developer is greed).

Mark Karpeles and Charlie Schrem did more to betray the trust of crypto in the eyes of the general public then anyone and they were "one of the boys" around here and put on a pedestal. Most people who even have the vaguest idea of what Bitcoin is have no idea what Litecoin is and certainly have no clue about alt coins, so to blame alts for the state of crypto is disingenuous.

I think what really upsets some of the "old guard" but that they won't admit to, is they are upset that many noobies are not wanting to pay the $500-$1000 "tax" to buy a bitcoin and join their elite club and instead are gambling on these penny stock coins hoping to get rich. Well guess what fellas, you created this madness when you yourselves speculated Bitcoin from dollars and cents to $1000 a coin almost overnight (Litecoins rise was even more meteoric and questionably boosted in only days) What did you think would happen but attract a new breed of investors looking to get rich quick like you did?

Enjoyed this post. Will read again.

I confess I gamble with pennycoins too because I wanna hit it big as well.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
legendary
Activity: 1232
Monero Evangelist
legendary
Activity: 1540
FUD Philanthropist™
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

This is what I find hilarious about this whole drama. All the naive Aspies who spew venom at Altcoins are in the same exact boat, a shadowy mysterious developer who won't reveal himself, distrust by the general public that what they are running is a pyramid scheme, attacking alts for "having no infrastructure" or "wide merchant acceptance" when neither does Bitcoin really (sorry but a shitty little wordpress storefront selling giftcards and GPUs doesn't count as "wide" merchant acceptance in my book), and a majority of the coin wealth owned by an elite few (the top 1% of bitcoin holders hold 80% of them, and here we think a 1% premine for a developer is greed).

Really nice post ...

I haven't been into cryptos very long, but this does bring up a question I've always had. Why is a 1% premine considered bad? Is it considered poor form for the developer to profit in any way?

I just find it a bizarre notion personally. If a premine is gigantic and cashed out entirely by the dev, or promised to be used for promotion, yet isn't -- I can see why people would look at it as if the dev is scamming someone. But if it's a reasonable amount, who cares? I mean, why is it wrong for a developer to profit at all from a small premine? I never quite got that.

Things can be deceiving ....1% sounds small, but some devs gear the block scaling and timing so that 1% can be as much as every single miner can mine combined for months. Then because their 1% is such a huge proportion of the actual minted coins around they can do huge damage to the price and control the market.

i have seen a coin where the guy was claiming 0 premining having for the first block or first 10 blocks anyway around 1000000 coins where the next blocks were 500 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Really nice post ...

I haven't been into cryptos very long, but this does bring up a question I've always had. Why is a 1% premine considered bad? Is it considered poor form for the developer to profit in any way?

I just find it a bizarre notion personally. If a premine is gigantic and cashed out entirely by the dev, or promised to be used for promotion, yet isn't -- I can see why people would look at it as if the dev is scamming someone. But if it's a reasonable amount, who cares? I mean, why is it wrong for a developer to profit at all from a small premine? I never quite got that.

Things can be deceiving ....1% sounds small, but some devs gear the block scaling and timing so that 1% can be as much as every single miner can mine combined for months. Then because their 1% is such a huge proportion of the actual minted coins around they can do huge damage to the price and control the market.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That reminds me of something that occurred to me right after the Mt. Gox thing,  when a friend asked me if I could tell her what a bitcoin was, as she didn't really understand how they worked. Her thought was was they were close to worthless, due to an article she read about the failing exchange.

Yep.. I have the same experiences.. talking with friends who basically told me "bitcoin is beta", doesn't it still have a lot of security problems?  After me trying to convince them how awesome of a concept it is. etc..

I don't even know why we are arguing on this thread, we're all on the same side here.. all of us want to see cryptos gain wide adoption and mainstream.. change the world ,etc.  Its a community that should welcome noobs, not look down on them.  Help people get involved, understand this stuff.. have fun with it.  

Anyways, I'm out.. back to promoting.. www.planetdollar.org on facebook! Smiley  Oh yeah, my coin shouldn't fit the criteria.. actually if you look at the code PDR is < 0.1% premine.. Cheesy   Or .. maybe do target my coin, might get a bit more publicity that way.. hehe. 
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Really nice post ...

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

I don't know if you have any friends outside of this world.. but just talk to them about it.. and ask them how they feel about bitcoins.  Most of them wouldn't touch the stuff.  

That reminds me of something that occurred to me right after the Mt. Gox thing,  when a friend asked me if I could tell her what a bitcoin was, as she didn't really understand how they worked. Her thought was was they were close to worthless, due to an article she read about the failing exchange.

And around that same time I recall seeing a political cartoon or two, all portraying bitcoins as being worthless and also in a way making fun of people trying to use them. Of course it wasn't true, but perception was hurt a ton by Gox.

Which was the argument I was trying to make earlier. Even if you exclude effects on price, public acceptance is much more difficult when all of this shady stuff happens.
Pages:
Jump to: