Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 55. (Read 176798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

I don't know if you have any friends outside of this world.. but just talk to them about it.. and ask them how they feel about bitcoins.  Most of them wouldn't touch the stuff.  

This is what I find hilarious about this whole drama. All the naive Aspies who spew venom at Altcoins are in the same exact boat, a shadowy mysterious developer who won't reveal himself, distrust by the general public that what they are running is a pyramid scheme, attacking alts for "having no infrastructure" or "wide merchant acceptance" when neither does Bitcoin really (sorry but a shitty little wordpress storefront selling giftcards and GPUs doesn't count as "wide" merchant acceptance in my book), and a majority of the coin wealth owned by an elite few (the top 1% of bitcoin holders hold 80% of them, and here we think a 1% premine for a developer is greed).

Mark Karpeles and Charlie Schrem did more to betray the trust of crypto in the eyes of the general public then anyone and they were "one of the boys" around here and put on a pedestal. Most people who even have the vaguest idea of what Bitcoin is have no idea what Litecoin is and certainly have no clue about alt coins, so to blame alts for the state of crypto is disingenuous.

I think what really upsets some of the "old guard" but that they won't admit to, is they are upset that many noobies are not wanting to pay the $500-$1000 "tax" to buy a bitcoin and join their elite club and instead are gambling on these penny stock coins hoping to get rich. Well guess what fellas, you created this madness when you yourselves speculated Bitcoin from dollars and cents to $1000 a coin almost overnight (Litecoins rise was even more meteoric and questionably boosted in only days) What did you think would happen but attract a new breed of investors looking to get rich quick like you did?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Hey Mr. Crazy, I was wondering how long it'd take you to find this thread. Anyway, the wallet image you posted in that thread was either doctored, or you had the wrong wallet, as it definitely looked different than the real one. I believe someone in that thread also showed mining addresses which couldn't have been coingen.

Last night I just found out the issue of "Bitcoin" label on the HKC wallet. What I found that for Windows 8.1, it showed up as Bitcoin; for Windows 8.0 it showed as HongKongCoin.

Regardless whether I used the wrong wallet or not,

the FACT is all HongKongCoin wallet addresses starting with "1", same as all other Coingen Coin.

Could you deny this FACT?

In the ann thread, I believe someone did, by showing addresses starting with a '2'. I think they also stated something about how the wallet logo starts up, as it is different than how coingen does it -- although I don't recall the details.

Here is my new evidence for Coingen Coins and HKC all have wallet addresses starting with "1".

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Not at all, just tired of people acting like their buying of btc actual means something in the grand scheme of things, in which it doesn't.
I've never been in favor of exchanging cryptos for fiat (and don't do so myself)...kinda defeats the whole purpose, just leaves cryptos as a fake fiat trading token.

Possibly illogical for most newbies here as they are forever trapped in the fiat mindset, and only come here for the fiat.

You are implying that only fiat exchange price was the only thing hurt by the mt.gox collapse when in reality it's absolute NOT.  In "the grand scheme of things", it has hurt the adoption of the crypto currencies in general..

I don't know if you have any friends outside of this world.. but just talk to them about it.. and ask them how they feel about bitcoins.  Most of them wouldn't touch the stuff. 

TBH, it feels like you are just being defensive for no good reason now... if you misspoke just say so.. don't try to get all defensive above it by being even more illogical and trying to defend your position by throwing out the "newbies" argument.  Everyone misspeaks some stupid shit sometimes.. it's o.k...
Activity: 139
i'm not talking to you, about you or about one particular coin. Oh you are that obsessed HK coin troll all i have to say is
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Haha.. Never mind.. Yes.. I am obsessed to do something on this HKC shitcoin .. LOL   Grin Grin Grin Grin
It's kinda funny though, a shitcoin like HKC for a shit city like HK.
Activity: 364

Well its not people "investing" that crypto currency (especially bitcoin) needs, success of a crypto shouldn't ever be about its price vs USD or how much ROI people can make, it should be about how useful they are as a currency.

Let's just say mass adoption of bitcoin (or any crypto), probably wouldn't be helped much by reports of hackers forking coins, ddossing pools, or trying to extort devs for money.

Just like the constant reports of robbery, drugs, illegal arms trade, organsied crime, banks going bust, have hindered the mass adoption of USD  Roll Eyes

that also undermines the anti-altcoin argument
legendary
Activity: 1876
Just like the constant reports of robbery, drugs, illegal arms trade, organsied crime, banks going bust, have hindered the mass adoption of USD  Roll Eyes

Okay... now you are just arguing for argument sake.. it's a clear fact that exchange failures due to hacking are the direct cause of much of our mutual crypto currency wealth decrease over the past few months... This was just a completely illogical retort.

Not at all, just tired of people acting like their buying of btc actual means something in the grand scheme of things, in which it doesn't.
I've never been in favor of exchanging cryptos for fiat (and don't do so myself)...kinda defeats the whole purpose, just leaves cryptos as a fake fiat trading token.

Possibly illogical for most newbies here as they are forever trapped in the fiat mindset, and only come here for the fiat.

Okay... now you are just arguing for argument sake.. it's a clear fact that exchange failures due to hacking are the direct cause of much of our mutual crypto currency wealth decrease over the past few months... This was just a completely illogical retort.
Activity: 539

Well its not people "investing" that crypto currency (especially bitcoin) needs, success of a crypto shouldn't ever be about its price vs USD or how much ROI people can make, it should be about how useful they are as a currency.

Let's just say mass adoption of bitcoin (or any crypto), probably wouldn't be helped much by reports of hackers forking coins, ddossing pools, or trying to extort devs for money.

and btc exchanges going bust theres really no benifit for mass adoption they will stick with usd, and no need for the mass to switch to btc/altcoins as its getting more n more like usd with people (this thread) trying to control shit
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

One key difference ... people don't have a choice regarding USD. Unless they want to go pay for their groceries using foreign currency or dogecoins, and get weird looks.

And an illegal arms trade won't magically make the money you are holding in your hand vanish.

Perception is what I am talking about anyway. The idea that a bunch of kids could hack/ddos/fork a cyrpto and it would affect your investment, probably doesn't help much.
legendary

legendary

Well, my point was, shitcoins wouldn't scare me away from investing in cryptos. All of this talk of hacking, forking and extortion would, however ... and also keep me from investing into bitcoins too.

maybe. So the idea is that instead of making clones and ponzi coins we should be making/supporting better and innovative coins in that will help the future of cryptos.

Better coins would help. And I find all of these cloned coins a waste (unless you can pick when to get in on a pump and dump). But they are hardly why the market is going down.

As others have stated, it's Gox and shady exchanges. Imagine if Cryptsy went down now ... how many people here would simply walk away from cryptos forever?

This movement really isn't about killing shitcoins anyway. The leader of said movement made his own shitcoins, so you can believe their motives are dubious ... not to mention the extortion comments made here.

The real problem are the exchanges, not the junk coins.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

and shouldnt in coins that can manipulated so easily. thats the whole point. Serious investors should invest in serious coins.

Yeah, and if a serious investor saw this thread, he'd choose gold or silver coins, not cryptos. Any crypto.

maybe. So the idea is that instead of making clones and ponzi coins we should be making/supporting better and innovative coins in that will help the future of cryptos.

and shouldnt in coins that can manipulated so easily. thats the whole point. Serious investors should invest in serious coins.

Yeah, and if a serious investor saw this thread, he'd choose gold or silver coins, not cryptos. Any crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
If I was considering investing any real money into cryptos, this would certainly scare me away from investing in any shitcoins. It'd also scare me away from investing in any crypto whatsoever.

^^^This. Try explaining to Joe Average why a crapcoin is a crapcoin without mentioning Bitcoin...

Well, my point was, shitcoins wouldn't scare me away from investing in cryptos. All of this talk of hacking, forking and extortion would, however ... and also keep me from investing into bitcoins too.

This thread basically conveys a message that the crypto world is run by 15 year old trolls, who wish to hack  and fork coins so they can make money off of it. No serious investor would bother.

If I was considering investing any real money into cryptos, this would certainly scare me away from investing in any shitcoins. It'd also scare me away from investing in any crypto whatsoever.

^^^This. Try explaining to Joe Average why a crapcoin is a crapcoin without mentioning Bitcoin...

This thread basically conveys a message that the crypto world is run by 15 year old trolls, who wish to hack  and fork coins so they can make money off of it. No serious investor would bother.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
If this operation escalates and headlines start coming in it might not be a bad idea to move into fiat for a while, at least until the dust settles.
legendary
Activity: 924

Btw, i've been reading on this whole BC and Cryptorush drama..

Actually it's relevant to this discussion in that it's actually safer to make new coins rather than augment old coins.  Hard forking existing coins with updates is extremely dangerous.. If you don't do with care, and if people don't update at the same time, this kind of drama happens. 

This is one of the limitations of bitcoin protocol.. not easy to update and has to be handled with extreme care.

It makes spinning new alt coins a safer alternative to implement new ideas, rather than augment existing coins... 

Anyways just my 2 cents from dev perspective...
Pages:
Jump to: