Pages:
Author

Topic: Optiminer/Equihash 2.1.0 supporting Zcash, Bitcoin Gold, Minexcoin, Zero.. - page 3. (Read 35210 times)

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Activity: 297
Merit: 10
Life is beautiful !
anyone check gpu temperature and compare it between mxminer and optimizer?
i. measure gpu temp when mxminer working and it can between 55 - 72 celcius
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
can anyone tell me the update for nivida card please
Activity: 308
RX560 8000 Sols? Do you have proof?
Other users only get 5200 sols max with RX560.
I did not personally feel sorry myself, I have nvidia cards. About the amd cards copied from the telegrams of the channel, it is possible that they do not give such indicators, but exactly more than 1050 ti.
Activity: 192
Merit: 5
Any estimates on CUDA kernel release?
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
RX560 8000 Sols? Do you have proof?
Other users only get 5200 sols max with RX560.
Hi all.  I have an Radeon RX 560 GPU and have linux mint.  I cannot install the latest AMD-Pro driver because it crashes my system.  So I installed OpenCL and use the drivers that come with Mint.
Optiminer starts but I get a Segmentation Error.  Does anyone know how to solve this?
Its 'almost' working and I really don't know what to try now.

There is literally no point in using MxMiner.  I think I can work out the algo on paper quicker than Mxminer....

Thanks

What performance do you get with your RX 560 on Optiminer?

Never mind I see RX 560 does 5200 sols/s
Here are the approximate speeds for mining MNX in Linux using the Optiminer
Gtx1050ti 5k sols
Gtx1070 7.5k sols
Gtx1080 8-8.5k sols
Rx580 11k sol
Rx570 9.9k sol
Rx560 8-8.5k sols
Hi all.  I have an Radeon RX 560 GPU and have linux mint.  I cannot install the latest AMD-Pro driver because it crashes my system.  So I installed OpenCL and use the drivers that come with Mint.
Optiminer starts but I get a Segmentation Error.  Does anyone know how to solve this?

There is literally no point in using MxMiner.  I think I can work out the algo on paper quicker than Mxminer....

Thanks

Never mind I see RX 560 does 5200 sols/s

Thanks

Activity: 68

Thanks

Use EthOS https://pastebin.com/FHM50w7m, or you can try Ubuntu 16.04 with AMD GPU PRO BETA https://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/beta/ubuntu/amdgpu-pro-17.40.2712-510357.tar.xz
Activity: 23

Thanks

I can tell you for 300 mnx Smiley
Activity: 58

Thanks
Activity: 64
After all this and I tried many times I get WHATS BELLOW.

Executing $./optiminer-equihash -s stratum+tcp://mnx.suprnova.cc:7077 -u MYNAME -p MYPASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd ./watchdog-cmd.sh
./optiminer-equihash: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Executing $./optiminer-equihash -s stratum+tcp://mnx.suprnova.cc:7077 -u MYNAME -p MYPASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd ./watchdog-cmd.sh
./optiminer-equihash: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do you have installed NVidia or AMD drivers, depend on which graphic card you use ?

This kind of error is listed on github page ::

https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerEquihash

libOpenCL.so.1 cannot open object

There is a problem with your OpenCL installation. Make sure that there is a symlink /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 that points to the OpenCL library on your system.

All major Linux distributions have adopted systemd for service and log management so using cron, screen, rc.local, &, >>, .config/autostart, etc to run any service is a terrible solution and practice.

From your words, I do not understand what the use of Krontab is bad? And what option would you suggest to use in my situation? Explain if you can in more detail. I have very little knowledge of Linux.
Cron was designed to repeatedly run commands that exit, not manage child processes/daemons. That is what process managers are for.

Systemd can manage:
  • Service monitoring
  • Service dependency resolution
  • Logging to Journald
  • Cgroup resource limitation
  • Namespace isolation
  • Auto restarting
  • etc

Thank you for the clarification.
And how do I use the Systemd to implement the Optiminer autorun with Ubunta startup?
Activity: 4
Hi mike,
               Let me start off with Thanking You for taking time out for helping but ill need more help =D. I did everything that you wrote but without any luck, on of my search i found out that i can use also chmod +x instead of U+X i dont know if thats correct but i tried both way and i get the same results. I never used linux before but its never to late to learn something new. Please let me know what can be wrong, bellow its what i did step by step.

This its at the beginning of the terminal

rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~ $ cd Desktop
rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop $ cd optiminer-equihash
rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ ls
bin         bin-207903   mine_zcash.sh        protobuf-license.txt
bin-191205  bin-223600   mine_zero.sh         README.md
bin-200406  LICENSE      openssl-license.txt  watchdog-cmd.sh
bin-203603  mine_mnx.sh  optiminer-equihash
rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ nano mine_mnx.sh

AFTER ALL THIS IT TOOK ME TO THE EDIT SCREEN AS FOLLOW

#!/bin/bash

# General options

# The following line did not have any effect on my system but might reduce CPU usage on some.
# export GPU_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

# Example pools
echo "Adjust the pool data below and remove this line!"

# suprnova.cc
POOL=stratum+tcp://mnx.suprnova.cc:7077             I changed This
USER=NAME.NAME                                              Changed with own NAME.NAME   
PASSWORD=MY PASSWORD                                 TYPED my PASSWORD

cd "$(dirname "$0")"
while true
do
  echo "Executing $./optiminer-equihash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh" $@"
  ./optiminer-equihash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh" $@
  if [ $? -eq 134 ]
  then
    break
  fi
done

to exit I pressed and hold CTRL+ X and then Y for YES then PRESSED ENTER

AFTER SAVED IT TOOK ME BACK TO TERMINAL SCREEN WHERE I TYPED BELLOW

rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ chmod u+x mine_mnx.sh

rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ ./mine_mnx.sh

After all this and I tried many times I get WHATS BELLOW.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

All major Linux distributions have adopted systemd for service and log management so using cron, screen, rc.local, &, >>, .config/autostart, etc to run any service is a terrible solution and practice.

From your words, I do not understand what the use of Krontab is bad? And what option would you suggest to use in my situation? Explain if you can in more detail. I have very little knowledge of Linux.
Cron was designed to repeatedly run commands that exit, not manage child processes/daemons. That is what process managers are for.

Systemd can manage:
  • Service monitoring
  • Service dependency resolution
  • Logging to Journald
  • Cgroup resource limitation
  • Namespace isolation
  • Auto restarting
  • etc

optiminer is a miner for Linux
mxMiner is a miner for Windows

Just download optiminer-equihash-2.1.2 : http://download.optiminer.pl/optiminer-equihash-2.1.2.tar.gz

Then unzip it :

$ tar -zxf optiminer-equihash-2.1.2.tar.gz

You will have an optiminer-equihash directory. In this directory, edit mine_mnx.sh to change your pool (or mine on Suprnova) and your user.

Execute this command to make this shell executable :

$ chmod u+x mine_mnx.sh

Then run this shell in a terminal :

$ ./mine_mnx.sh

If your are a newbie on Linux, you will have to learn some commands and concepts Wink

Prompt please step by step, and how it can be started automatically at the system start, from the fact that I was prompted earlier did not help, or I could not with my weak knowledge.

I have add a $ sign for each line that should be enter on a command line (you don't have to enter the $ sign of course).

To start at boot, just add a line on your crontab :

@reboot $HOME/optiminer-equihash-2.1.2/mine_mnx.sh

To edit crontab, just type :

$ crontab -e

but after editing, saving file depend on which editor you use (vi, nano, ...) so you have to seach a little and pratice before.

Tu check if your edition is good, you can enter this command to list the crontab :

$ cronta -l

Thank you, I will definitely try today. Earlier, I created a text file START, it introduced the main characteristics of mining, and in the future I run through ./START. Is your advice also suitable for my case?
Activity: 630
Merit: 502

Just download optiminer-equihash-2.1.2 : http://download.optiminer.pl/optiminer-equihash-2.1.2.tar.gz

Then unzip it :

You will have an optiminer-equihash directory. In this directory, edit mine_mnx.sh to change your pool (or mine on Suprnova) and your user.

$ chmod u+x mine_mnx.sh

$ ./mine_mnx.sh

If your are a newbie on Linux, you will have to learn some commands and concepts Wink

Prompt please step by step, and how it can be started automatically at the system start, from the fact that I was prompted earlier did not help, or I could not with my weak knowledge.

I have add a $ sign for each line that should be enter on a command line (you don't have to enter the $ sign of course).

$ crontab -e

but after editing, saving file depend on which editor you use (vi, nano, ...) so you have to seach a little and pratice before.

Tu check if your edition is good, you can enter this command to list the crontab :

$ cronta -l
Activity: 64

Then unzip it :

$ chmod u+x mine_mnx.sh

$ ./mine_mnx.sh

$ crontab -e

$ cronta -l
Pages:
Jump to: