Pages:
Author

Topic: ORA:: Logo submission & discussion thread - page 18. (Read 26217 times)

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

_________________ gvans proposal²

16pix                
Colours may be varied, solid mix etc.

The starfish arms have endless length.
The starfish itself is part of background.

Here's my other proposal https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8194456

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Thanks for the comment,

Here's an updates version removing the "Coin" from the phrase.

I wonder how it would look without the shadow?

Pentamon
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Thanks for the comment,

Here's an updates version removing the "Coin" from the phrase.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Here's my submission  Smiley

this is my favorite so far. great job !
Pentamon,

I sent you a PM.

-CoinExchange
Activity: 73
Okay, another re-think here.

figroll
The round void is the inside of the "O" of Ora.

Pentamon
Looking back at my first attempt It seemed very plain and the random void/hole in the center didn't really do much for the logo other than make you wonder why the void/hole was there in the first place. Here is my new take on the design.

Additional definition

figroll
I have to say, I find this very interesting and fun, following the designs that are submitted here at the Ora developing stand, as it were.

I think of it a little like a reflection of the bigger picture of what is happening in cryptoland - multiple individuals (or individual coins) presenting competing designs (or approaches to coins) that sort of compete for our collective attention. Not only our attention - but also our nods: "Yes, I like this."       "Oh, now with this new functionality,  I can do this!"
Like memes, from one brain to another.

I am struck, however by a certain brutal aspect of it all. It is a competition. Some trees in this forest, never make it past germination.

Even so, this process has a certain continuity or connectedness of sorts. Designs often copy from each other, reference to each other, borrow from each other.  Even the 'wildest one out there' has associations with the others.

But then, I wonder, do we ever seen designs, (or coins), melt together, or come together in some way. Synthesis?
Or is it always an absorption of the one into the other, a death, as it were?

Just some tangential thoughts, for those who feel like talking about the process.

Pentamon

Just wanted to submit a logo design. Can be improved, i.e. text color etc.

Regards,

figroll

Thank you, figroll,

I like this version better of the two, especially since it scales well to the small size, and is extremely recognizable.

I get the impression of looking through a community woven telescope into a bright future.

One question: how about trying a version without the 'see-through' whitewash, i.e. with solid colours? Can you make it look like a real weave?  The five outside borders might be getting stronger, and they form a nice reference to the 'origional' starfish in our design journey.  Or am I seeing too many things in there?  Talk to me.

Pentamon

Thank you for this design, CoinExchange,

You have a very polished and professionally looking 3d-look to your design.

As for the name, I think Ora is a coin, yet, but we don't really make it so much part of the name.  Were the surrounding two half-moons or sickles a reference to the 'C' in coin?

Pentamon
Just wanted to submit a logo design. Can be improved, i.e. text color etc.

Regards,

figroll
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
Hmmm, thought I might que in on this.

Something a little different than what's been tossed around so far Smiley

~ regards

Thats by far the best one here!

Yes it's my favourite so far.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hmmm, thought I might que in on this.

http://i.xomf.com/jhysr.png

http://i.xomf.com/hbslf.png

Something a little different than what's been tossed around so far Smiley

~ regards

Thats by far the best one here!
Activity: 540
Merit: 252
a new submission

16x16

Activity: 540
Merit: 252
Now the colors are not as loud:

16x16:

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
This is actually something that I could look at for a long time, and not get tired of it. The tiny variations are true to the visual stimulus of a real life beach - not some minecraft generated image.  At the same time, it does not stand out as a shouting logo, which says: "Heineken!" or "Coke!".  Have you ever looked at the beach - between all the natural elements, there might be a bottle cap with a logo on it - it truly catches our eyes.

Anyway, kira1474, thank you for your participation. I hope to see more posts under this name. Would you like to try the 16 by 16 pixel version of this?

greetings from Pentamon

Thank you for the kind comments. I've updated my post with some more ideas. Will attempt an 16x16 version soon (will likely be just the star and no coin).
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

~ Regards Smiley

One of the best looking logo for ORA so far.
Hey, some great work here guys, thank you Smiley

A while back I submitted the original 'Kora' logo Mac Red made for the announcment & registration webapp site to the MegaPixel project.
https://nxtforum.org/meganxt/megapixel-%28historical-nxt-poster%29/

As we've changed our name I've asked could we submit a new one and Coradan said OK.

This doesn't have to be the 'final' logo, but could we pick one for the historical NXT poster?

Our free image is 5000 pixels, but if we want a bigger one we have to buy more megapixel assets (which I can do!). Even if we change logo later, it wont matter, but if we pick one and add our URL that would be great.

As we're doing some new things on the NXT platform, I think we should be on the historical poster.

Hi Kora,

Here in the logo design thread, I have the feeling that the process is still ongoing.

However, if you are asking for a snapshot in time, I will put my current three recommendations like this, from highest to lowest:

(I tried to resize them equally, so that we are not subconsciously affected by that aspect)

This is just an interim impression that I have.
I think that colours and finer tweaking still might need to be done on these designs before you use them on the websites...

Comments?  
How about more participants?

Pentamon

Pages:
Jump to: